Sign in to follow this  
Meathead

Wisconsin police shoot a Black man in the back as his children watch from a vehicle

(CNN)Two Wisconsin police officers were on leave Monday as state authorities investigate why a Black man was shot multiple times in the back as he entered the driver's side door of an SUV, officials said.

The man's three children -- 3, 5 and 8 -- were in the car, a family attorney said.

Kenosha officers were called to a domestic incident about 5:11 p.m. Sunday, police said.

Raysean White, who filmed the video clip that drew more than 2.4 million views from Crump's Twitter feed alone, was across the street when he heard women arguing, he said. He saw Blake arrive and order one of his sons into a vehicle. The boy happily obliged and Blake walked into a home behind a woman, he said.

White stepped away and when he returned, he said, police were wrestling with Blake. White doesn't know what started the argument, he said. He began filming what he called the middle and the end of the altercation, he said, explaining he was angry and traumatized by what he saw and couldn't sleep Sunday night.

"It is outrageous. Who was he threatening?" Blake's uncle, Justin Blake, asked CNN after viewing video of the shooting. "He had a tank top and shorts on. He had no weapon. He was going back to the car because the children needed to be checked on."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/24/us/kenosha-police-shooting-jacob-blake/index.html

truly insane times we live in

cops called for a domestic disturbance. they have no idea what is going on or the type of individuals they are dealing with. they had only been there less than five minutes. for some reason, a scuffle breaks out between blake and the cops. we dont have video of that, but you can easily guess why: bc our insane culture says blacks not complying with lawful orders from cops is an acceptable civil rights protest. blake breaks away and walks to his car door WHERE HE COULD BE RETRIEVING A LETHAL WEAPON

who is he threatening?!? what kind of ridiculous and yes stupid ass question is that?!? if those cops want to stay alive they absolutely can NOT let him get to that car door and open it

my only question is why couldnt they have tried tasing him before he got anywhere near the door? if they didnt have tasers then what are they supposed to do? im really asking that question - if one of those cops is your mom is she supposed to just wait until a man who has already been physical gets to his car and see if he pulls out an uzi and shoots your mom in the head?

the reasonable standard is that you comply with lawful orders and under no circumstances do something that could put the officers life in danger. if you ignore that standard, then you are exposing YOURSELF to physical harm or death

is this a law and order society or isnt it? what kind of fucked up brainwashing is going on that people cant see that you MUST obey lawful orders from police, and certainly dont do something as thoroughly stupid as head for your car/house/whatever where you could be retrieving a lethal weapon

of course this will be played as a racist thing, but that has nothing to do with it. this is the same way cops would be forced to handle any non-cooperative person of any race, assuming they werent carrying tasers. it HAS to be the standard or we can just forget about anybody ever signing up to enforce the law. no person in their right mind would take a job where you have to wait to see what an angry man who just fought with you is going to do when he reaches the inside of that car

but just watch how twisted and fucked up this becomes. hardly nobody is going to put any fault on blakes intransigence and put it all on the cops.

i ask again, if they dont have tasers, exactly what would be the procedure when a man gets physical with you then walks to get to the interior of his vehicle where he could be carrying god knows what? answer me, for real

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Let’s just make a law where blacks don’t have to comply with police demands. But you are absolutely right, if he was tazed the second the door started to open, that would be the end of his ability to control himself, down he goes.

If I was a police officer in a relatively big city with a mixed population, I would be thinking about another occupation. It would depend how close I was to my pension. If I had too much time to go, I’d get out. If I was relatively close, I guess I’d be crossing my fingers everyday when I walked out the door.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Meathead said:

(CNN)Two Wisconsin police officers were on leave Monday as state authorities investigate why a Black man was shot multiple times in the back as he entered the driver's side door of an SUV, officials said.

The man's three children -- 3, 5 and 8 -- were in the car, a family attorney said.

Kenosha officers were called to a domestic incident about 5:11 p.m. Sunday, police said.

Raysean White, who filmed the video clip that drew more than 2.4 million views from Crump's Twitter feed alone, was across the street when he heard women arguing, he said. He saw Blake arrive and order one of his sons into a vehicle. The boy happily obliged and Blake walked into a home behind a woman, he said.

White stepped away and when he returned, he said, police were wrestling with Blake. White doesn't know what started the argument, he said. He began filming what he called the middle and the end of the altercation, he said, explaining he was angry and traumatized by what he saw and couldn't sleep Sunday night.

"It is outrageous. Who was he threatening?" Blake's uncle, Justin Blake, asked CNN after viewing video of the shooting. "He had a tank top and shorts on. He had no weapon. He was going back to the car because the children needed to be checked on."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/24/us/kenosha-police-shooting-jacob-blake/index.html

truly insane times we live in

cops called for a domestic disturbance. they have no idea what is going on or the type of individuals they are dealing with. they had only been there less than five minutes. for some reason, a scuffle breaks out between blake and the cops. we dont have video of that, but you can easily guess why: bc our insane culture says blacks not complying with lawful orders from cops is an acceptable civil rights protest. blake breaks away and walks to his car door WHERE HE COULD BE RETRIEVING A LETHAL WEAPON

who is he threatening?!? what kind of ridiculous and yes stupid ass question is that?!? if those cops want to stay alive they absolutely can NOT let him get to that car door and open it

my only question is why couldnt they have tried tasing him before he got anywhere near the door? if they didnt have tasers then what are they supposed to do? im really asking that question - if one of those cops is your mom is she supposed to just wait until a man who has already been physical gets to his car and see if he pulls out an uzi and shoots your mom in the head?

the reasonable standard is that you comply with lawful orders and under no circumstances do something that could put the officers life in danger. if you ignore that standard, then you are exposing YOURSELF to physical harm or death

is this a law and order society or isnt it? what kind of fucked up brainwashing is going on that people cant see that you MUST obey lawful orders from police, and certainly dont do something as thoroughly stupid as head for your car/house/whatever where you could be retrieving a lethal weapon

of course this will be played as a racist thing, but that has nothing to do with it. this is the same way cops would be forced to handle any non-cooperative person of any race, assuming they werent carrying tasers. it HAS to be the standard or we can just forget about anybody ever signing up to enforce the law. no person in their right mind would take a job where you have to wait to see what an angry man who just fought with you is going to do when he reaches the inside of that car

but just watch how twisted and fucked up this becomes. hardly nobody is going to put any fault on blakes intransigence and put it all on the cops.

i ask again, if they dont have tasers, exactly what would be the procedure when a man gets physical with you then walks to get to the interior of his vehicle where he could be carrying god knows what? answer me, for real

It’s simple.

Your life has to actually be in danger before you shoot.

Not *maybe* in danger.

Not, he *might* pull out a weapon.

He has to have the actual weapon or you must be able to see the weapon he is reaching for.

From what I have read so far, none of those appeared to happen.

Then again, these things happen so fast, I assume it’s difficult to think rationally and fully while they’re happening.

• Thanks 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

5 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Whether he was complying or not, you don’t shoot a person unless your life is in danger.

The ONLY thing I can possibly think of is that the officers thought he was going to the car to get a weapon.

I HOPE that’s what they thought.

But its still not right.

Liveleak has the video including the shooting, so beware:https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=64cq_1598238241

28 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

It’s simple.

Your life has to actually be in danger before you shoot.

Not *maybe* in danger.

Not “he might pull out a weapon”.

He has to have the actual weapon or you must be able to see the weapon he is reaching for.

Are you inebriated? I'm not kidding, I'm asking for real, are you under the influence of something?

Because that is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen you post, and you have posted some doozies

I'm sitting here laughing in the most tragic way possible that you could even type that kind of completely fantasy driven rubbish and then press send

If any society made cops wait until they saw a Lethal Weapon before opening fire then we would never have anybody sign up to be a cop because thousands of cops would be getting killed every month. You might as well make a rule that the cops have to hand a gun to the suspect and see if he uses it before they get to use theirs because that makes as much sense

If you allow a suspect to get to a place where they might have a gun, or even just allow them to move in a manner were they could retrieve a gun hidden on their person, it is physically impossible for you to react fast enough to ensure your protection if you are made to wait until you see a weapon. 95% of the cops in this country would instantly resign if that was made the standard because they know the chances would be excellent that within the next few months they would be dead

You are not a dumb man. I'm sitting here in shock that you would post something so fucking stupid. I sure hope you are inebriated because if you're not then what hope do we have when at least half the country doesn't have the brainpower to see why we absolutely cannot let what this man did be the standard of acceptable behavior when cops are conducting a lawful and proper investigation

I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend you, but I can't believe you said that. Imagine yourself in that situation. Do you really think you can wait to see what he's going to do when he reaches the inside of that car without putting your life in serious and imminent danger? Absolutely real question that I would love to hear your answer

• Like 1

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

26 minutes ago, jc856 said:

Liveleak has the video including the shooting, so beware:https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=64cq_1598238241

It certainly is tragic. But assuming the cops didn't have tasers, that's not the cops fault. That's the direct result of sham victimhood organizations like BLM brainwashing people to think it's okay to ignore the lawful commands of an officer conducting an investigation

I'm just going to keep asking this question until somebody gives me a rational answer: tell me what procedure should have been followed for the cops in that scenario that keeps them and all the people around that situation safe?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Meathead said:

It certainly is tragic. But assuming the cops didn't have tasers, that's not the cops fault. That's the direct result of sham victimhood organizations like BLM brainwashing people to think it's okay to ignore the lawful commands of an officer conducting an investigation

I'm just going to keep asking this question until somebody gives me a rational answer: tell me what the procedure should have been followed for the cops in that scenario that keeps them and all the people around that situation safe?

Well, if they had a taser, it certainly should have been used as soon as the door was being opened, if not sooner. 

no taser? The choices were: as soon as his hand reached for the door handle, he could have grabbed him around the neck with his arm, pulling him away from the door, hopefully  having the other officers help wrestle him to the ground. Or, 

take a defensive position behind rear of either car. Wouldn’t advise that. Or,

try to rush him, pin him in car, immobilized. Not advisable. Or,

wait to see weapon. Not advisable.

shoot.

• Thanks 2

It has become acceptable for people to disobey cops. Non cops have no idea what cops have to deal with.

Penalties need to be increased big time for not complying with cops. In cases where perps are not shot by a scared cop, they should be in deep shit for resisting. 

It is a shame but what the F are these people thinking? 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Meathead said:

tell me what procedure should have been followed for the cops in that scenario that keeps them and all the people around that situation safe?

They should have rolled him up before he got around the hood of that vehicle.  It was quite clear that he wasn't complying so there was no sense in allowing him to proceed to rifle through the vehicle for who knows what.  :niterider:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

1 hour ago, jc856 said:

Let’s just make a law where blacks don’t have to comply with police demands. But you are absolutely right, if he was tazed the second the door started to open, that would be the end of his ability to control himself, down he goes.

Tasers are not 100% effective. Some people are virtually immune to them for some reason, not many but some, especially if they are on certain drugs. It's also easy to miss with a taser and I think you only get one shot, maybe two

But if the cops did have tasers they had plenty of time to deploy them and give it a shot because the man was walking and so close that they probably would have struck him, most likely immobilizing him. If they did have tasers and chose not to use them, then they better have a damn good reason or else they should be fired and brought up on charges

But if they didn't have tasers, I just don't know what people expect them to do. You have no idea what the intention of that man was as he walked towards that car door. There's a lot of people of all races that dream of the opportunity to kill a cop, especially blacks

Bottom line is that we absolutely must demand that people follow lawful instructions from officers when they are conducting an official investigation, which they were. It looks like this suspect just didn't want to listen to them and completely ignored their repeated commands. The closer he gets to that door the more of a lethal threat he becomes. And I've already clearly outlined why the officers can't wait until they see a weapon before they open fire

So again, if you think the cops were at fault here then outline a specific procedure that should be standard protocol in these types of situations that keeps the officers and all the people around that situation as safe as possible

1 minute ago, jc856 said:

Well, if they had a taser, it certainly should have been used as soon as the door was being opened, if not sooner. 

no taser? The choices were: as soon as his hand reached for the door handle, he could have grabbed him around the neck with his arm, pulling him away from the door, homely having the other officers help wrestle him to the ground. Or, 

take a defensive position behind rear of either car. Wouldn’t advise that. Or,

try to rush him, pin him in car, immobilized. Not advisable. Or,

wait to see weapon. Not advisable.

shoot.

No head locks allowed anymore. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Woody said:

They should have rolled him up before he got around the hood of that vehicle.  It was quite clear that he wasn't complying so there was no sense in allowing him to proceed to rifle through the vehicle for who knows what.  :niterider:

Agreed. But it appears pretty clear that they already tried that and were unable to control him. It's quite possible the suspect went for one of their guns during the struggle, at which point officers are trained it to step back and draw their weapon just to make sure that they retain control of it and don't let it get in the suspects hands. But that's just speculation on my part

It was stated that there was a scuffle so it sounds like the officers were already trying to physically subdue him without lethal Force and failed

Bottom line is that Blake made a horrible decision to ignore the officers commands. The officers have no idea what's going on oh, there could be a very dangerous situation Brewing that they are trying to figure out. Blake walking away at that point becomes a very serious threat to everyone  around if he makes it to that car door and gets it open

7 minutes ago, travolta said:

No head locks allowed anymore. 

Ok fine. Now he’s got holes in him. Hope he’s happy about the headlock thingy.

4 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

The truth is now starting to come out, as you figured it would.  He had an outstanding 2nd degree felony warrant for domestic abuse and assault , they did tase him and it didn't work, he was threatening them with a knife he was carrying and he was heading to the car to get his gun, his words to the cops.  In the previous month he pulled a gun on a person and bartender owner and was pointing right at the other gun when the clip fell out of the gun.  The bartender told him to leave and as he was leaving he started pointing the gun at patrons through the front window.  The police already knew what they were dealing with so his added threat to get his gun gave them all they needed to protect themselves and anyone else.  Nothing yet on whether or not there was a gun but he was a high risk arrest and he was considered armed and dangerous.  

You got a link to that Dannyboy?

1 minute ago, Woody said:

He'll still be hailed as a saint.  :niterider:

The media will be showing pictures of him when he was 12 years old

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jc856 said:

You got a link to that Dannyboy?

I'll have to go look.  Read it a few hours ago.  

48372057_1969525509802965_4664389317303468032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=8fd3638a10a1407561bc1873032b72c4&oe=5C95B70A

5 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

The truth is now starting to come out, as you figured it would.  He had an outstanding 2nd degree felony warrant for domestic abuse and assault , they did tase him and it didn't work, he was threatening them with a knife he was carrying and he was heading to the car to get his gun, his words to the cops.  In the previous month he pulled a gun on a person and bartender owner and was pointing right at the other gun when the clip fell out of the gun. 

Thank you. Please provide a link if you have one

3 minutes ago, Meathead said:

It was stated that there was a scuffle so it sounds like the officers were already trying to physically subdue him without lethal Force and failed

They still had an opportunity to roll him up.  His back was to the cops for a good six seconds before he opened the driver's side door.  The cops allowed him to control the situation up to the point where they shot him.  :niterider:

• Like 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Just observe what the immediate assumptions are from most people

Most of the country has been absolutely brainwashed to respond in defense of a black suspect regardless of what their past history is and what they did to contribute to their incident

I'm sure Lit wasn't the only one proposing such a Preposterous standard as waiting to see if the suspect has a gun before opening fire

Without any further Evidence the immediate assumption by most people in this country right now is that the cops are automatically at fault. That is super fucked up

• Thanks 1