seandelevan

Playing In Front of No Fans Might Be Good For Allen

I too have noticed that Allen often comes into games too hyped up, resulting in him putting too much on his first few passes.

Daboll needs to realize this and start him off with a run play or a simple dump off pass to calm him down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m all for him playing in front of empty stadiums.....fuck it. If it means my team getting to the Super Bowl...fuck fans.

• Like 1

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg

I prefer 1 o'clock games in friendly stadiums but at some point Josh is going to have to shine on the biggest stage.

Prime time games in hostile environments are tough but they will help him in the long run.

• Thanks 1

Fortunately the issue with Allen is that he seems to get over excited, rather than being afraid. The more big games he's in the better he'll deal with nerves.

You can see it on his face when things aren't clicking for Allen. Keep building the offense around him and he'll be fine.

On 4/24/2021 at 1:33 PM, bcw said:

I prefer 1 o'clock games in friendly stadiums but at some point Josh is going to have to shine on the biggest stage.

Prime time games in hostile environments are tough but they will help him in the long run.

Allen lit it up in Dallas in 2019 on Thanksgiving before a hostile crowd (and an angry Jerry Jones) and a huge national audience.  

16 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Allen lit it up in Dallas in 2019 on Thanksgiving before a hostile crowd (and an angry Jerry Jones) and a huge national audience.  

True...but he was all over the place in the first quarter. If it weren’t for the D we might have been down 21-0 by the time he settled down. Same thing with the Steeler game. 

I also think of all those 4th quarter comebacks he had in the first two years...I think most of them was him finally calming down by the second half and the D holding the line. 

F5C9EAAC-C339-4CCE-A45C-3316E9597675.jpeg