Sign in to follow this  
Angry Byrds

CB E.J. Gaines opts out of 2020 season

Bills cornerback E.J. Gaines is the latest player to opt out of the 2020 season. Gaines has informed the team he won’t be playing because of the COVID-19 pandemic and the team respects that, Bills G.M. Brandon Beane said today. “We want to win here. But the first part of winning is keeping everyone here [more]

View the full article

NFL: Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills Mark Konezny-USA TODAY Sports

Buffalo Bills cornerback E.J. Gaines has opted out of the 2020 season due to concerns around the coronavirus, according to general manager Brandon Beane. Beane was doing a Q&A with reports Sunday morning when he broke the news.

Gaines joins DT Star Lotulelei as the only Bills to opt out of the 2020 season. The players still have a few more days to opt out, according to the new deal between the NFL and NFLPA. Players can potentially opt out all the way until August 8th.

Gaines is a former starting CB for the Bills but his propensity to get injured was one reason he spent last year with the Browns (on injured reserve, again). He was going to be in the competition at cornerback, likely ending up as the fourth CB and sometimes slot cornerback.

With the corresponding roster move, the Bills are now at 80 players and can begin full group workouts on Monday. They have 88 players on their roster but two opt outs and five on the Reserve/COVID-19 list plus Tommy Sweeney on Active-PUP means they are at 80 on the active roster.

View the full article

The Buffalo Bills....

:rolleyes2

REBUILDING SINCE 2000!

To Fitzpatrick, Levitre, Kelsay, Mcgee, Barnett, Wilson, Jones, Nelson, Rinehart, McIntyre, Merriman, Shepperd, Scott, White, Wanny, and Mr. Chan Gailey...

It was real, it was fun, it just wasn't REAL FUN!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NEWVILLE MUD DAWGS FEVER BABY! We might not be very good right now, but we have infinite heart! Alot like the Bills! ;) HALLA!

http://www.muddawgsfootball.com

I'm surprised EJ didn't hang around long enough to get injured.  He could have made more money off of a settlement.  :niterider:

• Thanks 2

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Oh noes !!

What will we ever do without his 3 games a season ?

Good riddance. Dude is made of glass

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

thats too bad

sometimes guys just have a string of bad luck and get stuck with the injury prone label, only to come back strong and not get hardly any injuries for seasons

remember Fred Taylor, the excellent RB for jags i think it was? during his first three seasons he played like five games or something, so he was the nfl poster boy for injury prone. after that, he hardly never got injured and was an excellent back for years

i was hoping that would happen for Gaines. he was very good when he played and would have been an excellent cb2 if he coulda stayed healthy

now we gotta hope Josh Norman returns to his old self in opies primarily zone related scheme. either that or wallace elevates his game. wallace wasnt bad, he just wasnt good. if qbs are going to ignore tre's side then we need somebody at least consistently good bc they are going to get the lions share of balls coming their way

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

The silver lining of this story is that EJ won't be getting injured this season.  At least he has that going for him.  :niterider:

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.