Sign in to follow this  
jc856

Trader Joe’s racist labeling to stop. Thank Hay-sus

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trader-joes-to-say-goodbye-to-trader-mings-trader-jose-and-other-names-that-perpetuate-stereotypes-2020-07-21?mod=fire-retirement

just coming across this. Fucking ridiculous. But later, when I have more energy, I’m going to work myself up into a lather and get enraged about this. Because that’s what we do nowadays.

• Like 1

'racist because it exoticizes other cultures’

how about celebrates these other cultures as equals? why cant that be the motivation? show me where this labeling is pointing to inferiority or ridicule. isnt it quite possible this is a YOU problem?

bizarre to the max

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

it always blows my mind when someone points to a caricatured ethnic person and claims its racist bc it demeans that race

oh really? how about the hundreds of thousands of white caricatured mascots that you have no problem with? dont you realize you have just created/reinforced the standard that only white people cant be the target of racism?

its so thoroughly irrational that its hard to wrap your head around how these people became so fucked up in their heads

the indian halloween costume is racist but the cowboy isnt. explain that to me

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

The petition was started by a 17 year old school girl. They are programming these kids to look for this stuff. And they find it, even where it isn’t.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Meathead said:

isnt it quite possible this is a YOU problem?

Nope.  Blame must always be placed elsewhere.  :niterider:

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Update: Trader Joe's ain't folding!

Trader Joe’s says it won’t change its controversial packaging

Trader Joe’s has had some of its international food labels questioned recently, with some people calling them racist.

Earlier this month, reports circulated that the company would change their packaging. However, the grocery store chain posted on its website last week that those reports were “inaccurate” and that they do not believe any of their packaging is racist.

Names like Trader Giotto’s, Trader José‘s, and Trader Ming’s being used for decades were at the heart of a petition aimed at getting the store to change its package. While those names aren’t being changed, the company said it discontinued some older names of products that weren’t selling well.

According to Fox 10 Phoenix, Briones Bedell, a California high school senior is demanding a change in Trader Joe’s branding. She created the petition.

A Note About Our Product Naming
July 24, 2020

To Our Valued Customers:

In light of recent feedback and attention we’ve received about our product naming, we have some things we’d like to say to clarify our approach. 

A few weeks ago, an online petition was launched calling on us to “remove racist packaging from [our] products.” Following were inaccurate reports that the petition prompted us to take action. We want to be clear: we disagree that any of these labels are racist. We do not make decisions based on petitions. 

We make decisions based on what customers purchase, as well as the feedback we receive from our customers and Crew Members. If we feel there is need for change, we do not hesitate to take action. 

Decades ago, our Buying Team started using product names, like Trader Giotto’s, Trader José’s, Trader Ming’s, etc. We thought then—and still do—that this naming of products could be fun and show appreciation for other cultures. For example, we named our Mexican beer “Trader José Premium” and a couple guacamole products are called “Avocado’s Number” in a kitschy reference to a mathematical theory.  These products have been really popular with our customers, including some budding mathematicians.  

We constantly reevaluate what we are doing to ensure it makes sense for our business and aligns with customers’ expectations. A couple years ago we asked our Buying Team to review all our products to see if we needed to update any older packages, and also see if the associated brands developed years ago needed to be refreshed. We found that some of the older names or products just weren’t connecting or selling very well; so, they were discontinued. It’s kind of what we do.

Recently we have heard from many customers reaffirming that these name variations are largely viewed in exactly the way they were intended­—as an attempt to have fun with our product marketing. We continue our ongoing evaluation, and those products that resonate with our customers and sell well will remain on our shelves.

Trader Joe’s has been a unique, fun and neighborly place to shop for over 50 years. We look forward to taking care of our wonderful customers for many future decades.

- Trader Joe’s

• Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

the word racist has been so misused that it has no real meaning now except "everybody non-white is a victim so whites arent allowed to say or do or anything related to them". its the same kind of simplistic crap that made old timey racism so popular, just now its pointed at the majority. broad-brushing whitey is the only broad-brushing left thats still ok. especially men, but too many women get caught up, too

the definition has been stretched to such absurd proportions that its actually damaging the collective by putting the focus in the wrong place and enabling damaging ideologies to flourish. i keep going back to berkeley and i think that the open willingness to use violence in the historically non-violent and non-censoring town is devastating

i also think its possible the formation of antifa was influenced by the open popularity of the gangsta rapper wars. we go hundreds of years with peace, granted after slaughtering indians and enslaving blacks, and having our own internal war. but whites did create a lot of mostly peaceful communities for long periods of time, while simultaneously committing huge sins against humanity, but still they created success at many important social standards. they kept that going for a while, even after freeing the slaves

in 1960 more black families had present black fathers than whites, 80-73% i believe i heard (tv). but it has now literally flipped to more than 70% of black homes are fatherless. thats the top thing thats fucked up the bad part of blackness

its most fucked up bc it has enabled the bad part of black culture. without fatherly guidance its become what youd expect, very violence centric, machismo infected. stunted intellectual growth, the mental image of being a badass as being a criteria to being black. if you leave defining what a man is to kids they are going to do a BAD JOB

i do believe this is just a phase. an unnecessarily looong phase. but it will pass. its real roots are not solid. it wont hold. but hopefully we are smart enough to keep adding the good parts of blackness to our standards, it has already strongly contributed positive elements to the collective. thats not the problem

the problem is weve fucked up the word racism, and that cascades through social standards with irrational efficacy

shit that makes no sense becomes the standard. blm wants their own cities. you know what? we should give it to them. how many days until they are begging for help and protection? jk of course. it would be a disaster and reasonable black folks know it. so blm leadership either has to drastically change course or they will be forced out by more capable people that can lead a productive movement (hopefully) instead of a divisive and violent one

nobody cares about what they really currently want, though, and thats a huge problem we have to get past. blm openly wants separation from whites. isnt that racist, like real bonafide racism, right there? does blackness have any responsibility for the existence of that racism? yes, they openly promote it by wanting their own cities. they dont want to be involved with white people if they can avoid it. isnt that racist on its face? so how long is the rest of their rhetoric going to hold up?

would their cities turn into killing machines? yes. would stealing and muggings skyrocket? yes. would good black folks stuck in the city suffer? you bet your black ass

its a crazy premise from the start and eventually everyone will realize that and hopefully move onto something positive instead of divisive. i just wish this had been the cycle they fixed that. but we've fucked it up again. the more you look at it the more it looks like the original sin in american race management. no surprise there i guess

at least thats one thing current BLM leadership can teach us: dont trust the organizations name just bc it sounds nice. prioritize what they actually want and broadcast freely on their website. black lives do matter, but thats not what they are really about

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Nope.  Blame must always be placed elsewhere.  :niterider:

one of us

17 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

More and more nonsense/bullshit every single day.  Anyone getting SICK of this yet??????

yeah, so quit posting

lol jk. you set yourself up for that one

youve been doing pretty well

34 minutes ago, Meathead said:

in 1960 more black families had present black fathers than whites, 80-73% i believe i heard (tv). but it has now literally flipped to more than 70% of black homes are fatherless. thats the top thing thats fucked up the bad part of blackness

Some people on this board, while arguing that socioeconomic factors are the primary reason for black failure, never mention this little “statistic”

• Like 1

because its politically and factually inconvenient

absentee dads can still be great dads, they just have to work harder at it.

is that how we would qualify the average black absentee dad? you know, the group that invented "split it, hit it, and quit it"? negro please