Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

Co-Founder of The Federalist Society Turns on Trump

This is one of Sackman's go to's

Trump Might Try to Postpone the Election. That’s Unconstitutional.

By Steven G. Calabresi
Mr. Calabresi is a co-founder of the Federalist Society and a professor at Northwestern University’s Pritzker School of Law.

I have voted Republican in every presidential election since 1980, including voting for Donald Trump in 2016. I wrote op-eds and a law review article protesting what I believe was an unconstitutional investigation by Robert Mueller. I also wrote an op-ed opposing President Trump’s impeachment.

But I am frankly appalled by the president’s recent tweet seeking to postpone the November election. Until recently, I had taken as political hyperbole the Democrats’ assertion that President Trump is a fascist. But this latest tweet is fascistic and is itself grounds for the president’s immediate impeachment again by the House of Representatives and his removal from office by the Senate.

Here is what President Trump tweeted:

The nation has faced grave challenges before, just as it does today with the spread of the coronavirus. But it has never canceled or delayed a presidential election. Not in 1864, when President Abraham Lincoln was expected to lose and the South looked as if it might defeat the North. Not in 1932 in the depths of the Great Depression. Not in 1944 during World War II.

So we certainly should not even consider canceling this fall’s election because of the president’s concern about mail-in voting, which is likely to increase because of fears about Covid-19. It is up to each of the 50 states whether to allow universal mail-in voting for presidential elections, and Article II of the Constitution explicitly gives the states total power over the selection of presidential electors.

Election Day was fixed by a federal law passed in 1845, and the Constitution itself in the 20th Amendment specifies that the newly elected Congress meet at noon on Jan. 3, 2021, and that the terms of the president and vice president end at noon on Jan. 20, 2021. Even if President Trump disputed an election he lost, his term would still be over on that day. And if no newly elected president is available, the speaker of the House of Representatives becomes acting president.

President Trump needs to be told by every Republican in Congress that he cannot postpone the federal election. Doing so would be illegal, unconstitutional and without precedent in American history. Anyone who says otherwise should never be elected to Congress again.

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

There is no master plan by Trump to delay the election.  Now that I've finally read the source tweet; what's the BFD?? 

That statement is a 'floater' to get people talking about the risks of mail-in voting.

This is ridiculous.  You didn't see me flipping out every time Obama or Clinton said something I considered ridiculous. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FanBack said:

There is no master plan by Trump to delay the election.  Now that I've finally read the source tweet; what's the BFD?? 

That statement is a 'floater' to get people talking about the risks of mail-in voting.

This is ridiculous.  You didn't see me flipping out every time Obama or Clinton said something I considered ridiculous. 

It's called delusion and obsession.

This fella clearly suffers from both these things, and I fear that he may go over the edge come November.

Keep him in your thoughts...

So, as the student body president at the local high school, I say I say  lunch needs to be be 2 hours long so we can go somewhere off campus to get our lunch since the cafeteria workers aren't showing up for food preparation, does that mean it's going to happen?  I think the school administrators may have some control over that.   At least the problem is addressed.  Geez, talk about panties in a bunch.  This is the leftist Marxist way.  

48372057_1969525509802965_4664389317303468032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=8fd3638a10a1407561bc1873032b72c4&oe=5C95B70A

19 hours ago, Philly'sFinest said:

It's called delusion and obsession.

old-fashioned-flat-iron-picture-isolated - y

• Haha 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

I was not a fan of that tweet personally but it was amazing to see the fear and hyperbole over something he doesn't control

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

22 hours ago, FanBack said:

EXACTLY