Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

There is going to be an NFL season - Get over it.

I see many of the dunderheads here are in full force, stating that football won't happen.

It will.

1) MLB has played over 100 games so far and only ONE of 30 teams has a problem. 

2) It turns out that the Marlins fiasco was caused by a few players who decided to go clubbing in Atlanta before(after?) a game. They caught Covid at the club and spread it to their teammates. It wasn't caught playing and NONE of the teams that faced the Marlins are reporting any positive Covid cases from playing them.

3) European soccer has been playing and has 14 rounds of testing on the books. In the last 11 rounds of testing, there has been AT MOST 2 positive Covid tests. In 14 rounds! And many rounds of 0 positives.

Were playing. It's happening. Football is coming back.

I believe the risk of catching it from playing a game where EVERY PLAYER is tested EVERY DAY is less than that of you partying or hanging out with friends.

See Ed Oliver sitting inches from 11+ strangers the other day? He has a higher chance of catching it from that stupid stuff than from tackling someone who has BEEN TESTED.

• Thanks 1
  • Barf 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

6 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

I see many of the dunderheads here are in full force, stating that football won't happen.

It will.

2) It turns out that the Marlins fiasco was caused by a few players who decided to go clubbing in Atlanta before(after?) a game. They caught Covid at the club and spread it to their teammates. It wasn't caught playing and NONE of the teams that faced the Marlins are reporting any positive Covid cases from playing them.

3) European soccer has been playing and has 14 rounds of testing on the books. In the last 11 rounds of testing, there has been AT MOST 2 positive Covid tests. In 14 rounds! And many rounds of 0 positives.

Were playing. It's happening. Football is coming back. The risk of catching it from playing a game is less than that of you partying or hanging out with friends. See Ed Oliver sitting inches from 11+ people the other day? He has a higher chance of catching it from that stupid stuff than from tackling someone who has BEEN TESTED.

Glad you're optimistic.  Time will tell.............

It'll be a season but with more and more players opting out we may be looking at something like the strike seasons in 1982 and 1987.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

14 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

It'll be a season but with more and more players opting out we may be looking at something like the strike seasons in 1982 and 1987.

Exactly.  An asterisk season.  Tainted in many ways.

19 minutes ago, Crinoline said:

Of course this is the season where the Bills may be contenders for the Superbowl. The Bills finally win one! But wait...it's a tainted win!

LOL.  Don't think I wouldn't take it.  I would.  Same rules everyone has to abide by.  That said, would prefer a normal season with no "special circumstances".

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

What's the common denominator with those two seasons?

16 minutes ago, LIBills said:

What's the common denominator with those two seasons?

The Redskins won the Lombardi both times?

• Like 1

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

2 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

The Redskins won the Lombardi both times?

Ding Ding Ding.

Just now, LIBills said:

Ding Ding Ding.

But that can't happen again because now they're the Washington Football Team! :classic_biggrin:

Parler @NYexile

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

.001% of players have opted out.

• Barf 1

2 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

.001% of players have opted out.

Still enough to declare it a pandemic though!

• Thanks 1

Parler @NYexile

10 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

But that can't happen again because now they're the Washington Football Team! :classic_biggrin:

If the "REDSKINS" win the SB this year.............

I will become a woman. :poop:

• Haha 2

On 7/29/2020 at 3:37 PM, LiterateStylish said:

It will.

I believe the risk of catching it from playing a game where EVERY PLAYER is tested EVERY DAY is less than that of you partying or hanging out with friends.

See Ed Oliver sitting inches from 11+ strangers the other day? He has a higher chance of catching it from that stupid stuff than from tackling someone who has BEEN TESTED.

Plus, we have to start doing things with measures.   Viruses may be our reality from now on.

51 minutes ago, Sucked In Again said:

Where did you go to school?

Because I fat fingered an accidental 0? Lol goodness gracious.

On 7/29/2020 at 5:40 PM, SackMan518 said:

Still enough to declare it a pandemic though!

Plandemic

3 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Because I fat fingered an accidental 0? Lol goodness gracious.

Yeah, who needs edit?

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

NFL has the luxury to watch and see how the other leagues do...and so far the league best built to be least effected by COVID is failing. If NBA And NHL also stumble and fail then I would think NFL will fold like a cheap lawn chair. 

miserable that 70s show GIF

On 7/29/2020 at 5:45 PM, LIBills said:

If the "REDSKINS" win the SB this year.............

I will become a woman. :poop:

I’m sorry, I thought you already were. My bad.

• Haha 1

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

mandatory two-way masks. im telling you, if they dont do this then the season will wash out quickly

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

It already is. All these players opting out. Reminds me of the strike season. I want to see starters, not practice squad guys that sell hardware on the side

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

On 7/29/2020 at 3:37 PM, LiterateStylish said:

It will.

People here are hopeful there will be a season and fearful to the tilt that it will get cancelled.....people are not hoping it will get cancelled....its just opinions and praying hoping NFL doesnt shut it all down....its a good chance they may...nobody knows how things will go the next month....you speak of MLB...well looks like there on the verge of reclosing it down yet again

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HipKat said:

It already is. All these players opting out. Reminds me of the strike season. I want to see starters, not practice squad guys that sell hardware on the side

Lmao.

1,000+ players striked in 1987.

40 players have opted out in 2020.

And less than half of those 40 are starters.

Why don’t you ever think before typing?

• Thanks 1