LiterateStylish

Patriots are falling apart! Pro-Bowl LB Donta Hightower opts out

This makes the 4th Patriot player to opt out of playing this season.

“A fourth member of the Patriots is opting out of playing the 2020 season and this one will leave a big hole in their defense.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that linebacker Dont'a Hightower will not be suiting up this year. He joins tackle Marcus Cannon, fullback Danny Vitale and guard Najee Toran as Patriots players who have opted not to play amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

It’s a big loss for the Patriots, who already saw Kyle Van Noy and Jamie Collins depart as free agents this offseason. Hightower had 71 tackles, 5.5 sacks and a fumble recovery for a touchdown for New England last season.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/28/donta-hightower-opts-out-of-playing-in-2020/

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Maybe it’s time to just except the fact that sports is not an option this year

• Thanks 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

21 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Maybe it’s time to just except the fact that sports is not an option this year

Nearly every sports league is playing right now lol

You can add Chung to the list for the Pats as well.  I imagine we will see players from all teams opting out moving forward. 

54 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Nearly every sports league is playing right now lol

I think the Florida Marlins might disagree with you

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

23 minutes ago, HipKat said:

I think the Florida Marlins might disagree with you

Are the Marlins a sports league?

• Thanks 1

Belichick should opt out too. He is after all considered elderly and at a higher risk for the virus.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Are the Marlins a sports league?

You know what I’m saying. Don’t start your shit

• Haha 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

am i not supporting you if i think lit asked a valid question?

marlins season is still on hold as they try to figure out if the remaining guys are safe or not. they want to play, but other teams are rightfully declining to play them until at least the new 10 day quarantine is up. they could still finish the season if no more positives show up. so lit is technically correct. and if by some miracle this was the only flare up, he would be thoroughly correct so tbd

i just dont think theres any solution other than locking up young often dumb millionaires, plus the whole support staff, inside their own playing facilities and/or safe places nearby. theyd also need strict protocols that limit outside contact as close to zero as possible, expedited safe movement through airports and customs, and stadiums where contact with the public is thoroughly avoided, and players that didnt break the rules and put everybody else at risk

even then, i highly doubt any of these leagues finish

football has by far the worse chance to finish any meaningful season simply bc most positions get closer to multiple people than any other sport. i know the players would hate it but i think they should mandate n95 masks for the players during games. and i mean quality ones, with thick straps and multiple sealing strips. yes, this will affect their oxygen intake and they will get tired faster. but they will be protecting the primary way you get covid through your nose and mouth. but it still wouldnt be perfect, im sure it would get dislodged during hard tackles, so even then theres be some exposure as the tackler and tacklees faces are often close together. plus sometimes the 5% is going to give up entry right thru the mask anyway, its not like a respirator. but youd still be doing dramatically better than just relying on faith that nothing is going to go wrong

EVEN if they did THAT, i dont think it would save the season. from what i see, i dont think the nfl did a very good job of selling how strict they need to be to protect the players. you cant have a single slip up as it is now. an undetected player could fail to be caught by testing, which isnt perfect, and play in a game where he infects 20+ people. one single towel collection engineer could go undetected and walk through the locker room infecting big bunches of players

just too damn many holes, man. i dont see how it CANT happen

• Like 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

and what about when the first in season death happens? we know people of all ages are dying now, when is the grim reaper going to claim a player infected who followed all the rules? its more likely to happen than not

• Like 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

I hope no one thinks the Mariners are going to be an isolated incident. I HOPE I'm wrong, but I can see this spiraling into a disaster and with no money coming in from ticket sales, the cost to the teams and leagues has to be monumental

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Players opting out is no surprise to me.  The title of this thread is funny as its says the Patriots are falling apart.  Wait until the season starts or even perhaps during training camps.  Every team will be falling apart and so will the entire NFL season once COVID outbreaks happen with many teams and their players and coaches.  I know its a few months from the start of the regular season but COVID isn't going anywhere anytime soon.  I really hope things can turn the corner and get better but I think many people here are being a bit too optimistic about the upcoming season.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, BrewMan said:

Players opting out is no surprise to me.  The title of this thread is funny as its says the Patriots are falling apart.  Wait until the season starts or even perhaps during training camps.  Every team will be falling apart and so will the entire NFL season once COVID outbreaks happen with many teams and their players and coaches.  I know its a few months from the start of the regular season but COVID isn't going anywhere anytime soon.  I really hope things can turn the corner and get better but I think many people here are being a bit too optimistic about the upcoming season.

1) No other team has even HALF the amount of opt-out's as the Patriots.

2) Baseball has played over 100 games and only 1 of 30 teams has a problem right now. And that team went to a friggin club.

They are tanking.  Going after their future QB.  Kraft is on board.....bank it!

Hopefully someone still sucks worse and it backfires.

2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

1) No other team has even HALF the amount of opt-out's as the Patriots.

2) Baseball has played over 200 games and only 1 of 30 teams has a problem right now. And that team went to a friggin club.

So far....

Seek help. soflabillsfan

23 hours ago, Bleedzbillz said:

They are tanking.  Going after their future QB.  Kraft is on board.....bank it!

Hopefully someone still sucks worse and it backfires.

No way they are tanking.  I also read this frees up cap space and they now have $24M in cap to spend.   BB asked his roster to make their decision by the 28th so they can move forward.