Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

Poll: 62% of Americans Say They Have Political Views They’re Afraid to Share

Gee, I wonder why that is considering cancel culture, doxxing, boycotts, and all of the other insanity going on today?

A new Cato national survey finds that self‐censorship is on the rise in the United States. Nearly two-thirds—62%—of Americans say the political climate these days prevents them from saying things they believe because others might find them offensive. The share of Americans who self‐censor has risen several points since 2017 when 58% of Americans agreed with this statement.

These fears cross partisan lines. Majorities of Democrats (52%), independents (59%) and Republicans (77%) all agree they have political opinions they are afraid to share.

Chart2.jpeg?itok=FdcPj41K

Chart3.jpeg?itok=GMdS3ZeE

Chart4.jpeg?itok=S8c3zgzf

Chart6_rev.jpeg.jpg?itok=oOd07MnK

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

24 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Gee, I wonder why that is considering cancel culture, doxxing, boycotts, and all of the other insanity going on today?

A new Cato national survey finds that self‐censorship is on the rise in the United States. Nearly two-thirds—62%—of Americans say the political climate these days prevents them from saying things they believe because others might find them offensive. The share of Americans who self‐censor has risen several points since 2017 when 58% of Americans agreed with this statement.

These fears cross partisan lines. Majorities of Democrats (52%), independents (59%) and Republicans (77%) all agree they have political opinions they are afraid to share.

Chart2.jpeg?itok=FdcPj41K

Chart3.jpeg?itok=GMdS3ZeE

Chart4.jpeg?itok=S8c3zgzf

Chart6_rev.jpeg.jpg?itok=oOd07MnK

We need to stop calling the left liberals? They are progressives, or communists. Even though they aren’t smart enough to realize that. 

And don’t get me started on the word elite ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

We need to stop calling the left liberals? They are progressives, or communists. Even though they aren’t smart enough to realize that. 

And don’t get me started on the word elite ...

jamsim67: “Elites are nothing but...”

got ya started.

1 minute ago, jc856 said:

jamsim67: “Elites are nothing but...”

got ya started.

Elites, or the underbelly. The central bankers, who supported every communist (Bolshevik) leader. Have you ever seen, or read about the atrocities committed by these sick individuals? 

I heard that jungle, and Hip are on their payroll.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Scary times we live in.  Speak your mind and risk losing your job or being "cancelled'.  Fuck this shit.  Time to fight back.  :classic_angry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

And once again we come back to the system. Any system that has us voting for the lesser of two evils needs to go

Cool story bro. Hollywood's been making that movie for generations. Meanwhile, back in the real world....

• Disagree 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

6 hours ago, HipKat said:

Cool story bro. Hollywood's been making that movie for generations. Meanwhile, back in the real world....

And that's cool with you?

48 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

And that's cool with you?

It’s fine with anyone drinking the kool-aid. But, the two party system is broken. It isn’t interested in fixing problems, but undoing anything positive the other party does. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

12 minutes ago, Nuke said:

It’s fine with anyone drinking the kool-aid. But, the to party system is broken. It isn’t interested in fixing problems, but undoing anything positive the other party does. 

The people are waking up, but we still have far to many people drinking the kool-aid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I get asked on line do I support so and so I check the box. Then they want my info saying they have to have it. When you go to the polls isn't it private? I never give it to them.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jamsim67 said:

And once again we come back to the system. Any system that has us voting for the lesser of two evils needs to go

Oh, BTW, by the system, do you mean the system where everybody who supports Trump ignores the fact and allows him to turn his back on Putin paying bounties to Muslims in Afghanistan to kill Americans? It’s pathetic that people like you who pretend not to support him, but really do, and people who openly support him refused to acknowledge this disgusting fact

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

9 hours ago, HipKat said:

Hip = Pseudo-Intellectual.  LOL

2 hours ago, Nuke said:

It’s fine with anyone drinking the kool-aid. But, the two party system is broken. It isn’t interested in fixing problems, but undoing anything positive the other party does. 

The two part system isn't going anywhere soon.  Convince me otherwise.  Not happening.  Wish it would.

20 hours ago, jamsim67 said:

I heard that jungle, and Hip are on their payroll.

Nah, they're so dumb that they spill their bile for free. They are what is called demoralized individuals.

• Thanks 1

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

10 hours ago, HipKat said:

Oh, BTW, by the system, do you mean the system where everybody who supports Trump ignores the fact and allows him to turn his back on Putin paying bounties to Muslims in Afghanistan to kill Americans? It’s pathetic that people like you who pretend not to support him, but really do, and people who openly support him refused to acknowledge this disgusting fact

You throw this nonsense around like Presidents before Trump didn’t do despicable acts. 

And why do I continuously have to explain the system to you? 

• Thanks 1
  • Finger 1

9 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

The two part system isn't going anywhere soon.  Convince me otherwise.  Not happening.  Wish it would.

Why would it? The politicians that would have to make the changes have gotten rich, fat and lazy of the two party system.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nuke said:

Why would it? The politicians that would have to make the changes have gotten rich, fat and lazy of the two party system.  

Yep.

2 hours ago, Nuke said:

That's why they hate Trump so much, he interrupted the do-nothing cocktail parties and fake WWE style public feuds.

• Thanks 1

Parler @NYexile

8 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

That's why they hate Trump so much, he interrupted the do-nothing cocktail parties and fake WWE style public feuds.

Well said and spot on.  Reelect Trump 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

COMING SOON TO A NEIGHBORHOOD NEAR YOU! 

SQUEAL ON YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, WIN A PRIZE! 

What’s next, The Malicious Practices Act?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Malicious_Practices_Act_1933

8 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

Part of the reason I voted for Trump was because he wasn’t a politician. I do have to admit, I am disappointed how much he conformed to the Republicans once he became President. Once upon a time his ideas were mixed. Rand Paul even attacked him in the primary for having non Republican views and it only made me want to vote for him more. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nuke said:

Part of the reason I voted for Trump was because he wasn’t a politician. I do have to admit, I am disappointed how much he conformed to the Republicans once he became President. Once upon a time his ideas were mixed. Rand Paul even attacked him in the primary for having non Republican views and it only made me want to vote for him more. 

He hasn't conformed to the Republicans. He has whittle away at American Democracy for the last 3 1/2 yrs and brought in a more Totalitarian way of governing and the Republicans have fallen right into step with it. It's the most primary reason why I hate him. And seeing him bring federal Law Enforcement in to our cities to patrol the streets should terrify anyone on either side of the line. He and his inner circle at the DOJ and Homeland Security use fear tactics to get conformity from the people dumb enough to not see what he's doing. It's a zero-sum game and Trump just plays it at will while his sheeple berate anyone that resists him.

It blows my mind that so many people are so blind to this. And then you have Jamsin bitching about "the system" when the very thing he keeps accusing everyone else of is happening right under his nose and he - and so many others - are completely oblivious  and bought-in to it.

• Gay 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan