drpepper

Stefon Diggs: “I’d be lying if I said I was comfortable“ playing amid Covid

As Major League Baseball attempts to start a shortened season during the pandemic, almost a dozen players have opted not to play. Mike Leake, Ryan Zimmerman, David Price and Felix Hernandez are among those who won’t play this season. It has presented a question about whether some NFL players will do the same come time [more]

View the full article

Let's just forget sports altogether until the democrats decide it's "safe".  That will likely be election day one way or the other.  If Biden is elected, it will definitely be election day.  The CHINESE VIRUS will magically disappear the day Biden gets in.  Magic!  Amazing!  Wow! 

A huge part of all this is POLITICAL.  Wake up, folks.

I wouldn't play

I don't see how it's possible to avoid contamination the way they currently plan to do it. It seems just flat-out impossible to me on a pretty obvious level that you are going to have outbreaks and teams will have to forfeit games because they won't have enough players

you got guys leaving spit and sweat and blood on each other's faces every play. Are you going to test every human being that walks into that Stadium every single solitary time? Even if you are, the tests aren't foolproof. All it would take is one infected individual to infect tens if not hundreds of others

I think it's going to get started, I think there will be an outbreak, and I think they will shut it all down

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

3 minutes ago, Meathead said:

I wouldn't play

I don't see how it's possible to avoid contamination the way they currently plan to do it. It seems just flat-out impossible to me on a pretty obvious level that you are going to have outbreaks and teams will have to forfeit games because they won't have enough players

you got guys leaving spit and sweat and blood on each other's faces every play. Are you going to test every human being that walks into that Stadium every single solitary time? Even if you are, the tests aren't foolproof. All it would take is one infected individual to infect tens if not hundreds of others

I think it's going to get started, I think there will be an outbreak, and I think they will shut it all down

Can't argue.  Too many roadblocks.  I say screw it until we can have normal sports.  I'll find something else to do.  Some messed up version of the real thing is not acceptable at least to me.

Preseason is supposed to start next month and COVID-19 is still on the rise. I don’t think we’re going to have football this season. 

8 hours ago, Meathead said:

I wouldn't play

lol such paranoid stupidity for something you have to win lottery to catch. just like any other flew.

and cdc shows its completely below pandemic levels

8 hours ago, Psycho79 said:

Preseason is supposed to start next month and COVID-19 is still on the rise. I don’t think we’re going to have football this season. 

lol its not remotely on any rise. All cdc charts indicate lowing down.

52 minutes ago, thinwhiteduke said:

lol such paranoid stupidity for something you have to win lottery to catch. just like any other flew.

and cdc shows its completely below pandemic levels

Dr. Duke, if you can’t spell flu,  maybe I’ll pass on your opinion

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Can't argue.  Too many roadblocks.  I say screw it until we can have normal sports.  I'll find something else to do.  Some messed up version of the real thing is not acceptable at least to me.

I'll be honest i hate the idea of having no fans in the stands, im on the fence and i think it'll just be an asterisk year, at least in the fans' eyes, regardless of how the season plays out

How are NFL teams going to operate week 6 when 16 people test positive for COVID and have to quarantine for 2 weeks?  Where is that team going to fill their roster?  It's going to happen

• Thanks 1