Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick Will Go Down in NFL History as a Disgrace

Rob Parker: “DO NOT EMBRACE THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS ANYMORE. You keep saying it’s ‘no big deal’ and ‘everybody was doing it’ because you don’t want Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the franchise with six championships in nine tries tainted. We want to hold the Patriots on a pedestal and rave about what they were able to accomplish, but this second offense – when it comes videotaping another team’s signals on the sidelines – is proof positive that Tom Brady cannot EVER be considered the GOAT, and Bill Belichick can NEVER be considered the greatest coach of all time… Those guys are CHEATERS, that’s just what they are. Those aren’t suspicions or rumors, they’ve been CONVICTED. How much checkered past and muddy water must we go through in order to take a look at the Patriots and understand who they are?? They are NOT the greatest franchise in NFL history. They’ve done their fair share of winning but they have done even more CHEATING… They have smudged the game of football and they are not worthy of praise. They tarnished what could have been a great legacy. If I had a Hall of Fame vote, Tom Brady and Bill Belichick would NOT get my vote. They have done more damage than they have accomplished.” 

Listen to the full 13:13 audio clip here.

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

1 minute ago, SackMan518 said:

Rob Parker: “DO NOT EMBRACE THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS ANYMORE. You keep saying it’s ‘no big deal’ and ‘everybody was doing it’ because you don’t want Tom Brady, Bill Belichick, and the franchise with six championships in nine tries tainted. We want to hold the Patriots on a pedestal and rave about what they were able to accomplish, but this second offense – when it comes videotaping another team’s signals on the sidelines – is proof positive that Tom Brady cannot EVER be considered the GOAT, and Bill Belichick can NEVER be considered the greatest coach of all time… Those guys are CHEATERS, that’s just what they are. Those aren’t suspicions or rumors, they’ve been CONVICTED. How much checkered past and muddy water must we go through in order to take a look at the Patriots and understand who they are?? They are NOT the greatest franchise in NFL history. They’ve done their fair share of winning but they have done even more CHEATING… They have smudged the game of football and they are not worthy of praise. They tarnished what could have been a great legacy. If I had a Hall of Fame vote, Tom Brady and Bill Belichick would NOT get my vote. They have done more damage than they have accomplished.” 

Lit will hate this thread for sure.  LOL

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

I'm so glad we can agree on this at least!

• Like 1

Just ask Marshall Faulk off the record what he thinks of the Patriots.

They literally knew every single play the Rams were running until the Rams completely scrapped what they were doing in the 4th quarter of the SB.

By then it was too late because they were not able to overtake the Pats.

Had the Pats sat on the ball with under 2 minutes to go in a tie game, they would have lost in OT and no one would have ever known about the blatant cheating they were in involved in during their entire 2001 season. That's when it all started.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LIBills said:

Just ask Marshall Faulk off the record what he thinks of the Patriots.

They literally knew every single play the Rams were running until the Rams completely scrapped what they were doing in the 4th quarter of the SB.

By then it was too late because they were not able to overtake the Pats.

Had the Pats sat on the ball with under 2 minutes to go in a tie game, they would have lost in OT and no one would have ever known about the blatant cheating they were in involved in during their entire 2001 season. That's when it all started.

Don't forget about the magic helmet that Doug Flutie accidentally put on.

• Like 1

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

2 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

What was that?

Proud adopter of #54 AJ Klein and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Ninety-five Percents

1 hour ago, Topas said:

What was that?

As the scandal broke, the NFL was investigating a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during the Jets game, sources told ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, who reported at the time that the Pats did not “have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.”

Quarterbacks communicate with the sidelines via microphones in their helmets that pick up an NFL-monitored radio frequency. An NFL sideline official cuts off communications on this frequency 15 seconds before the play clock runs out.

O’Leary — who uses data crunched by a Las Vegas bookie and a Ph.D. statistician from China with no previous familiarity with Spygate — suggests Patriots “director of football research” Ernie Adams, a prep-school chum of Belichick from Phillips Academy in Andover, Mass., was the nerve center behind the chicanery.

Offensive plays would be called based on stolen signals and the information relayed straight to Brady’s helmet, O’Leary theorizes.

In this scenario, the extra frequency is critical, as it allows the team to do something in real time with the stolen signals, out of earshot of the NFL monitor, and change its plays accordingly.

If there’s an open channel during the play itself, you can also alert the quarterback to open receivers he may not see.

O’Leary repeats a rumor that Pats backup quarterback Doug Flutie once said he accidentally picked up Brady’s helmet during the 2005 season.

“He was amazed that the coaches kept right on speaking to Brady past the 15-second cutoff, right up until the snap,” ­according to O’Leary.

“The voice in Tom Brady’s helmet was explaining the exact defense he was about to face.”

That same year, Pats linebacker Ted Johnson told USA Today that an hour before game time, a list of the opposing team’s audibles — the signals a QB would use at the line of scrimmage just before a snap to change the play — would sometimes appear in his locker. He had no idea where the lists came from. Three years later, he said he was as surprised as anyone to hear about the cheating allegations.

• Thanks 1

Parler @NYexile

I have posted this before:

We are friends with a great x NFL player and family. I once told him I hate the Pats for all of the reasons mentioned in this post. 

He said “ your not that far off.”

One pro bowl, he played under the Pats coaching staff. After practice they invited one of the Pats coaches to dinner. Coach could not go because he had to video the NFC practice. Next day, they handed players a book of the NFC team plays. Player asked a player from a different AFC team if they did this. Other player said absolutely not. 

with a few *** in my mind! It would be great to see the truth come out someday

5 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

“The voice in Tom Brady’s helmet was explaining the exact defense he was about to face.”

i kept trying to tell people that with all the video they had they could just build a database of each calls for each team. the can forward, reverse, infinite times to decipher signals then put them in a database

unfortunately, non-database ppl dont really understand the significance

being able to decipher the opponents signals even a quarter of the time would be a huge advantage. i believe it was much higher

• Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

41 minutes ago, Meathead said:

i kept trying to tell people that with all the video they had they could just build a database of each calls for each team. the can forward, reverse, infinite times to decipher signals then put them in a database

unfortunately, non-database ppl dont really understand the significance

being able to decipher the opponents signals even a quarter of the time would be a huge advantage. i believe it was much higher

Maybe.

But no database can make someone have pinpoint accuracy like Brady had for a decade or more.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

1 minute ago, LiterateStylish said:

Maybe.

But no database can make someone have pinpoint accuracy like Brady had for a decade or more.

agreed

but accuracy is easier when you know what defense is coming. you have more time to set up properly

he was very good but his cheating advantage removes the ability to determine how good. it certainly had to benefit his compl% and yds/throw

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

10 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

What’s that about SM? I’m not remembering that?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, travolta said:

I have posted this before:

We are friends with a great x NFL player and family. I once told him I hate the Pats for all of the reasons mentioned in this post. 

He said “ your not that far off.”

One pro bowl, he played under the Pats coaching staff. After practice they invited one of the Pats coaches to dinner. Coach could not go because he had to video the NFC practice. Next day, they handed players a book of the NFC team plays. Player asked a player from a different AFC team if they did this. Other player said absolutely not. 

Seriously, I dont beleieve that. I have read that also somewhere else. Bill is a cheat. But he is also clever. Why would he risk being caught for a completely meaningless game where also a lot of non-Patriots players participate. Does not make sense to me.

That being said, I believe all other cheating stories about them. But this one I dont buy. Who was the player? 

• Thanks 1

Proud adopter of #54 AJ Klein and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

agreed

it would also provide rock solid physical evidence, which would be stupid as can be for cheatin' bill. it would only take one player bringing it to his own coach to get bill busted big time

marcia is very good, very accurate. but we cant really say how good he is at reading defense bc he knew the defense ahead of the time in at least some percentage of plays. he always seemed to know exactly where the open guy would be, certainly more than any other qb

but i dont think hes going to be labelled a disgrace. he should be, but the nfl destroying the tapes was the criminal act that will spring marcia free from condemnation - even though that meant they still had whatever database theyd already put together over those years, so it was probably large. of course it degrades over time but still would give them an advantage over teams they had data on that didnt change their coordinators who likely wouldnt change their signal system much between years

10 hours ago, jc856 said:

What’s that about SM? I’m not remembering that?

not exactly a supportive source but heres the story:

“Doug Flutie reportedly told John Saunders, a Canadian/American ESPN television analyst, that during one of his first games in New England, he accidentally picked up the wrong helmet with the green dot in the back (Tom Brady's backup helmet) and held it to his ear, so he could follow the play calling. This is something backup quarterbacks do often during a game. Flutie told Saunders that he was amazed that the coaches kept right on speaking to Brady past the fifteen-second cutoff, right up until the snap. In addition, the voice in Tom Brady's helmet was explaining the exact defense he was about to face. This story was revealed by Dan Le Batard, an ESPN contributor, on his talk radio show on The Ticket in Miami, Florida. Le Batard added, ‘We've tried to talk to Flutie on our radio show about it, but he hangs up on my producer.’”

https://www.amazon.com/review/R3E00UKL3WUZLV

never question the great Oz ..., err i mean, Belicheck

• Like 2

Biggest cheaters ever. Ask anyone not from Boston and they hate them. They will not go down as the greatest ever. Everyone knows about their illegalities. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

1 hour ago, Topas said:

Seriously, I dont beleieve that. I have read that also somewhere else. Bill is a cheat. But he is also clever. Why would he risk being caught for a completely meaningless game where also a lot of non-Patriots players participate. Does not make sense to me.

That being said, I believe all other cheating stories about them. But this one I dont buy. Who was the player? 

I posted because it is relevant to the conversation. I would never make something like that up. 

It would definitely be relevant. No question. I still don’t believe it and I outlined why. Sorry if It’s really true and I call you out for no reason. But it does not make sense for me. Who’s the player or coach?

4 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

The majority of football games are decided on a few big plays so even if their method worked 10% of the time that could swing a game their way most of the time.

True but you can be more accurate when a guy is in your headset telling you to throw to that X receiver you didn't even see was wide open.

I haven’t seen anyone say that they spoke on his headset during the actual play.

In fact, I’m pretty sure that’s impossible now.

• Like 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

On 7/2/2020 at 11:34 AM, SackMan518 said:

League knew, and the league did nothing. Why? Because it’s sports entertainment, and not sports. And that’s what I can’t stand. 

The owners, the coaches and players all know how the games will be called. And while they might not like it, they all make an insane amount of money, and they won’t upset the Apple cart. The only ones who get screwed are the fans

• Like 1