Sign in to follow this  
Thebowflexbody

Is It Possible All The PROTESTS Spread the Chinese Virus? *****

“This is totally predictable”

Many states opened up in early May, hoping the economy would recover while a winning battle against Covid-19 continued apace.

Unfortunately, it’s now clear that in the areas where the virus has come roaring back, few gains against it were made in the last month.

“We managed to disrupt our economy [and] skyrocket unemployment, and we didn’t control the damn virus,” said Jeff Shaman, an infectious disease modeler at Columbia University.

“This is totally predictable, and there have been many warnings,” Sarah Cobey, an infectious disease modeler at the University of Chicago, said. “We’re seeing undeniable signals that prevalence is truly increasing in many states.”

Simply put, reopenings have led to more infections because more people are coming into contact with each other while there’s still a lot of virus around. Mask use is inconsistent, and even when they’re worn properly, masks are not 100 percent effective at preventing transmission.

In Arizona, nursing and long-term care facilities are still hotbeds of transmission. “In Arizona, one in three nursing homes has had a case of Covid-19,” Vox’s Umair Irfan previously reported.

Most concerning, Cobey said, is the increased hospitalization rates in these states — a reminder that the virus can be very severe and deadly for some, and that deaths could also start climbing soon. “It’s a lagging signal, so what it’s really telling us is how transmission rates were changing closer to two weeks ago,” Cobey added. “This implies that unless behavior — the primary driver of transmission — has changed in the meantime, the situation will continue to worsen for another few weeks.”

It’s too soon to know what impact the mass protests against police brutality will have on the pandemic. (Many protesters know the risks and have thoughtful reasons for participating anyway.) The spikes we’re seeing now result from actions and decisions that likely predate them.

How bad might things get in Arizona and other states? We don’t know yet. It might not be a disaster. These states could avoid the worst-case scenario of hospitals being overwhelmed and keep the epidemic curve from spiking to uncontrolled levels. Still, more cases likely means more deaths — some of which could have potentially been avoided.

Overall, though, the trends are not moving in a good direction, and we have yet to see the full Covid-19 consequences of reopening.

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2020/6/12/21288009/new-covid-spikes-arizona-florida-carolinas-texas

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I live in Florida obviously in Miami and yes there is a spike but it is still being massively exaggerated.  Life in Miami is fine people are going about their business people get the virus feel like crap for a few days and then move on.  Deaths are slightly up hospitals are not overflowing.  My son his mom his brother and his step dad all got it all felt like crap for a week and are now 90% better.  Age 17 - 50.  I was with my son 26 of the 28 days before he got sick.  I tested negative.    The ultra contagious virus is not so ultra contagious obviously.

This virus is an amped up flu and if anyone other than Trump were President and/or it wasn't an election year, there wouldn't be half the non stop media hysteria you are seeing.

It is a real disease and it is bad and even deadly but so is the flu and so are all the  Diseases that people have that are not being treated because they're sitting at home not going to the doctor or getting the treatment they need because they are scared 

• Like 1

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

4 hours ago, Meathead said:

i couldnt believe it when they started talking about reopening. how fucking stupid is that? given what we know about the virus, our inability to stop it from spreading when ppl are around each other too much, the inefficacy of cloth masks to protect us sufficiently, its like some group insanity to think we could open parts of the economy. having spikes now was so easy to predict that its embarrassing we even tried

I have a small group of friends, and I’ll include my kids mother in that even though she’s not a friend, who have taking this very seriously from the beginning. When they started re-opening things all of us were aghast. There’s no possible way that anything should’ve been going back to any stage of re-opening when the numbers are still climbing. Exactly what we predicted would happen is exactly what’s happening.

The sad thing is that the Republicans are quick to blame the protests, rightfully so, but are completely in capable of pointing out that we open too early because they’re the ones who supported it from the get-go. They’re the ones who complained about everything being closed. They are the ones that still complaining about wearing masks.

• Like 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

2 minutes ago, HipKat said:

I have a small group of friends, and I’ll include my kids mother in that even though she’s not a friend, who have taking this very seriously from the beginning. When they started re-opening things all of us were aghast. There’s no possible way that anything should’ve been going back to any stage of re-opening when the numbers are still climbing. Exactly what we predicted would happen is exactly what’s happening.

The sad thing is that the Republicans are quick to blame the protests, rightfully so, but are completely in capable of pointing out that we open too early because they’re the ones who supported it from the get-go. They’re the ones who complained about everything being closed. They are the ones that still complaining about wearing masks.

What was the alternative?   Even blue states reopened eventually.  You can't stay close forever.  People can't survive without working.  Even with reopenings there are still millions that are hanging on by a thread or already went overboard.   People need to be smarter and keep their distance. People are too stupid to follow directions 

• Like 1

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

2 hours ago, HipKat said:

Aghast!  LOL.  Indefinite lockdowns until the virus disappears is LUNACY.  Do you have any assets?  401K?  Can't let the cure be worse than the illness. 

2 hours ago, miamibillsnut said:

I live in Florida obviously in Miami and yes there is a spike but it is still being massively exaggerated.  Life in Miami is fine people are going about their business people get the virus feel like crap for a few days and then move on.  Deaths are slightly up hospitals are not overflowing.  My son his mom his brother and his step dad all got it all felt like crap for a week and are now 90% better.  Age 17 - 50.  I was with my son 26 of the 28 days before he got sick.  I tested negative.    The ultra contagious virus is not so ultra contagious obviously.

This virus is an amped up flu and if anyone other than Trump were President and/or it wasn't an election year, there wouldn't be half the non stop media hysteria you are seeing.

It is a real disease and it is bad and even deadly but so is the flu and so are all the  Diseases that people have that are not being treated because they're sitting at home not going to the doctor or getting the treatment they need because they are scared 

This virus is to a LARGE degree election year politics.  Fact.

2 hours ago, miamibillsnut said:

What was the alternative?   Even blue states reopened eventually.  You can't stay close forever.  People can't survive without working.  Even with reopenings there are still millions that are hanging on by a thread or already went overboard.   People need to be smarter and keep their distance. People are too stupid to follow directions 

The alternative was to wait until the numbers had dropped substantially. Some states were opening, like Illinois while parts of the state were still seeing rising numbers of positives and deaths. 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 minute ago, HipKat said:

The alternative was to wait until the numbers had dropped substantially. Some states were opening, like Illinois while parts of the state were still seeing rising numbers of positives and deaths. 

The economy be damned!!  Really?  Great advice, Dr. HipKat.  LOL

5 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

The economy be damned!!  Really?  Great advice, Dr. HipKat.  LOL

I understand you're stupid, but take a look around, idiot. Record breaking numbers of new cases, hospitalizations and deaths, mostly all in places that started reopening early.

BTW, why am i reading your posts anyway? You're an idiot

Seek help. soflabillsfan

5 minutes ago, HipKat said:

I understand you're stupid, but take a look around, idiot. Record breaking numbers of new cases, hospitalizations and deaths, mostly all in places that started reopening early.

BTW, why am i reading your posts anyway? You're an idiot

So what you're saying is Covid only and no other considerations.  You're stupid.  Indefinite lockdowns are lunacy.  You're all about you blind hate at all costs.  You must not have majored in economics.  LOL

39 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

So what you're saying is Covid only and no other considerations.  You're stupid.  Indefinite lockdowns are lunacy.  You're all about you blind hate at all costs.  You must not have majored in economics.  LOL

Yes, blind hate of 128,061 Americans that have died of a virus that could be stopped if people weren't so damn stupid, dumb dumb. 

• Like 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, HipKat said:

That tells you how desperate things were.   The domino effect of extended closures is death on society.   Tenants can't pay rent landlords cant make mortgages banks dont collect destruction ensues.   Prolonged closure was not an option 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

That tells you how desperate things were.   The domino effect of extended closures is death on society.   Tenants can't pay rent landlords cant make mortgages banks dont collect destruction ensues.   Prolonged closure was not an option 

I’m not disagreeing with any of that. I know those things are true but still, you don’t go into a burning building To collect your belongings while it’s still burning

• Trump 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

the only choice was to keep the lockdown in place indefinitely until we produced a steadily low line of infections and could keep it that way

the economy would have to be put in the back seat. laws or executive orders should have been passed that stopped the collection of debts, mortgage and cc payments, etc. banks and credit companies would certainly suffer, which would have to be propped up by the gubmint

this is a ultra-rare event, but here we are in the middle of it. instead of making the infection rate worse, instead of killing more people, we have no choice but to change the system temporarily. our only other option is to let tens of millions die trying to get to herd immunity, which obviously is not a real option

• Like 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

8 hours ago, Meathead said:

the only choice was to keep the lockdown in place indefinitely until we produced a steadily low line of infections and could keep it that way

the economy would have to be put in the back seat. laws or executive orders should have been passed that stopped the collection of debts, mortgage and cc payments, etc. banks and credit companies would certainly suffer, which would have to be propped up by the gubmint

this is a ultra-rare event, but here we are in the middle of it. instead of making the infection rate worse, instead of killing more people, we have no choice but to change the system temporarily. our only other option is to let tens of millions die trying to get to herd immunity, which obviously is not a real option

Your glasses are rose colored for sure.  No offense, but no way that scenario is realistic.  

9 hours ago, Meathead said:

that was impossible and was never the plan.  That's like trying to eradicate the flu.  It is impossible in a country of 327 million people.  Maybe on an island.  But impossible in the US without turning it into a 3 world country.  Hell, it's already a 3rd world country in some big cities.

The plan was always to flatten the curve, buy time to get resources in place to better handle the virus, and close the gap between start and vaccine and treatment.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

that was impossible and was never the plan.  That's like trying to eradicate the flu.  It is impossible in a country of 327 million people.  Maybe on an island.  But impossible in the US without turning it into a 3 world country.  Hell, it's already a 3rd world country in some big cities.

The plan was always to flatten the curve, buy time to get resources in place to better handle the virus, and close the gap between start and vaccine and treatment.

Pretty much what happened in other words.  This indefinite shutdown talk is pure fantasy.

• Thanks 1

106608680_3042568085871185_8420576715004

OKAY, you people are all stupid.  Using common sense to assume it has to be a factor; come on!  Next time, mind your own business and quit trying to muddy the water.  

• Like 2

48372057_1969525509802965_4664389317303468032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=8fd3638a10a1407561bc1873032b72c4&oe=5C95B70A

forbes has been coming hard at don for a while now, so it begs the question who did the study? did they hire DJ Jazzy Scientist and a bunch of techs from the womans college?

but i will conceed, for now, that i was wrong. when we find out who did the study that might change

• Like 1

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

I thought we lived in a country where we are free to choose!  Why is everyone so willing to give up their freedom for “security”?  Who cares if you get the virus if you are not going to die from it?  Tell people the risk based on age and per existing conditions, tell people how to minimize their risk, give them the freedom to choose what they are willing risk.  If anyone here is willing to trust any person who works for the government to take care of this virus for us without a ton a mistakes then you need to relearn your history, because you can’t show me any government run program that has ever worked that way, let alone one that needed to be implemented so quickly and was so widespread.  The original shutdown was to prevent overwhelming the hospitals, we stocked up on ventilators and medications and we are ready for this wave.  Let people who want to live their life, live it!  Next round to government stimulus should incentivize work not staying home.  Can’t figure out why you would ever get paid more to not work.  This governments job is to ensure freedom for all of its citizens and protect the ones who cannot protect themselves.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, miamibillsnut said:

that plan worked until they reopened the economy, at least in some places. then it shot up like a rocket

51 minutes ago, Buffalochief2 said:

I thought we lived in a country where we are free to choose!  Why is everyone so willing to give up their freedom for “security”?  Who cares if you get the virus if you are not going to die from it?  Tell people the risk based on age and per existing conditions, tell people how to minimize their risk, give them the freedom to choose what they are willing risk.  If anyone here is willing to trust any person who works for the government to take care of this virus for us without a ton a mistakes then you need to relearn your history, because you can’t show me any government run program that has ever worked that way, let alone one that needed to be implemented so quickly and was so widespread.  The original shutdown was to prevent overwhelming the hospitals, we stocked up on ventilators and medications and we are ready for this wave.  Let people who want to live their life, live it!  Next round to government stimulus should incentivize work not staying home.  Can’t figure out why you would ever get paid more to not work.  This governments job is to ensure freedom for all of its citizens and protect the ones who cannot protect themselves.

Only the truly stupid would go out in this mess. Which is why we have the problem we have. People like you and your "warriors" spread the virus and keep it moving all because you think masks are for libs, and you want to go to a f'in bar. Selfish shitheads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Meathead said:

that plan worked until they reopened the economy, at least in some places. then it shot up like a rocket

the only way it would have continued to work was by crippling the country for decades.   It had to end at some point.   You think the racial riots were bad.  The starvation riots would have been 10 times worse.

• Like 2