Sign in to follow this  
zanthrax54

Takeo Spikes believes in Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen

SiriusXM At Super Bowl LIV - Day 1Photo by Cindy Ord/Getty Images for SiriusXM

Spikes appeared on the Tiki and Tierney podcast to sing Allen’s praises

The Buffalo Bills are finally garnering some decent expectations among the national press, which have been bringing in current players and alumni to speak on behalf of their team. The latest example of this phenomenon is former Bills linebacker Takeo Spikes, who appeared on CBS Sports’ Tiki and Tierney podcast to discuss the team’s prospects and, in particular Josh Allen.

After being asked by Tiki Barber what his expectation are for the team, the former All-Pro inside linebacker said that his expectation is that the team will make a strong run at the AFC East title, and that’s because of “stellar defense over the previous two years.”

“Buffalo has always been known to play great defense — then when you just look at what they’ve been able to do personnel-wise to be able to surround Josh Allen, they have consistently gotten better, upgraded the offensive line,” noted Spikes.

Spikes then went further in giving quarterback Josh Allen props:

“To me, the X-factor is Josh Allen. Before COVID-19, I thought Allen would make the biggest jump that he would make from second year to third year,” said Spikes. “When you look at how he ended the year last year in the playoffs, he came out after the game and he said, ‘I messed up. I take responsibility. It’s my fault why we lost the game.’ That was the biggest game of his life..but it meant something to him, guys. It meant something.”

Host Brandon Tierney was much less effusive of Allen, saying that, “when you look at the numbers” he is woefully inconsistent. Spikes agreed that Allen needs to take more downfield opportunities, but the rest of the division’s quarterbacks also leave just as much to be desired.

View the full article

• Like 1

The Buffalo Bills....

:rolleyes2

REBUILDING SINCE 2000!

To Fitzpatrick, Levitre, Kelsay, Mcgee, Barnett, Wilson, Jones, Nelson, Rinehart, McIntyre, Merriman, Shepperd, Scott, White, Wanny, and Mr. Chan Gailey...

It was real, it was fun, it just wasn't REAL FUN!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NEWVILLE MUD DAWGS FEVER BABY! We might not be very good right now, but we have infinite heart! Alot like the Bills! ;) HALLA!

http://www.muddawgsfootball.com

I always loved Takeo. I was hyped when we signed him ... I think he was part of the 41-0 vs the Pats was he? not sure about that ... fucking achilles injury ... same with Cowart ... both were machines and we lost them to basically carrer ending injuries ... or better said all star ending injuries ... both never were the same ...

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

Brandon Teirney wouldn’t know Josh Allen if Allen fell on him.

His opinion means less than nothing.