Sign in to follow this  
seandelevan

Former NFL GM: “If the Bills Had Lamar Jackson They Would Be In Super Bowl”

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/06/buffalo-bills-have-huge-hole-at-quarterback-says-former-nfl-gm.html

This former GM basically slams Allen BUT what I found interesting is when he said this:

And the other issue is he doesn’t run with it enough to utilize his skillset. I think that’s the big question with the Bills

Been saying that for awhile now.....the Bills NEED to use Allen like the Ravens use Lamar. The 1-2 times a game they do....good things happen. And I blame this on the coaching staffs inexperience and inability on the offensive side of the ball. Seems like this offense is good for maybe 1 to 2 series with innovative play calling and then it’s run, run, pass time. Fuck that shit. 

miserable that 70s show GIF

56 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/06/buffalo-bills-have-huge-hole-at-quarterback-says-former-nfl-gm.html

This former GM basically slams Allen BUT what I found interesting is when he said this:

And the other issue is he doesn’t run with it enough to utilize his skillset. I think that’s the big question with the Bills

Been saying that for awhile now.....the Bills NEED to use Allen like the Ravens use Lamar. The 1-2 times a game they do....good things happen. And I blame this on the coaching staffs inexperience and inability on the offensive side of the ball. Seems like this offense is good for maybe 1 to 2 series with innovative play calling and then it’s run, run, pass time. Fuck that shit. 

Lamar will be headed back to earth/the pack this season.  Wait & see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sorry, i dont agree

this is like groundhog day all over again. running qbs get hurt and are forced back into the pocket 100% of the time. its not a matter of if but a matter of when until Jackson blows out a knee and loses his explosiveness. note that in the playoffs when the opposition forced him to play from the pocket, they lost. thats the future for Jackson, and right now hes not a great passer. he pads his compl pcent with tons of screens and outlets and flares, but hes not a reliable downfield throw guys open type of thrower

they are taking the right approach with Allen. what was his weakness his rookie year? intermediate passes. so they focused heavily on intermediate passes and he became one of the best in the league on throws travelling up to twenty yards! his compl pcent still didnt top 60%, but they also threw very few screens, flares, and other designed short passes compared to most teams. now they are working heavily on his long ball and i expect we will see another transformation. Allen has shown he can indeed improve his accuracy when he focuses on it, he fixed his ball security problem, and the same will be true of his long balls. hes probably not going to go much above 60% again bc they dont have enough quickness across the oline to run too many screen type plays, but combined with fewer drops with diggs as the primary target, he should get into that low 60's that will be plenty good enough to climb into the top half of the league offenses

stay the course, opie. keep Allen in the pocket, limit the designed qb runs, preach protecting himself when he does dash through an open lane, and keep him healthy

• Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

The Allen haters totally miss the big picture on the kid..........

meaning where he came from, what he was forced into here and where he is going with a “light years” better roster around him.

Tell me one QB that has succeed consistently without elite weaponry around him?

For example, Elway didn’t win a SB until Terrell Davis came around, and Elway is one of the all time greats.

I could go on forever, but I’ll spare you guys.:classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Lamar will be headed back to earth/the pack this season.  Wait & see.

Agreed. I think he has already hit his peak. Not agreeing I want Lamar Jackson but Allens biggest threat is his athleticism not his arm. 

3 hours ago, Meathead said:

sorry, i dont agree

this is like groundhog day all over again. running qbs get hurt and are forced back into the pocket 100% of the time. its not a matter of if but a matter of when until Jackson blows out a knee and loses his explosiveness. note that in the playoffs when the opposition forced him to play from the pocket, they lost. thats the future for Jackson, and right now hes not a great passer. he pads his compl pcent with tons of screens and outlets and flares, but hes not a reliable downfield throw guys open type of thrower

they are taking the right approach with Allen. what was his weakness his rookie year? intermediate passes. so they focused heavily on intermediate passes and he became one of the best in the league on throws travelling up to twenty yards! his compl pcent still didnt top 60%, but they also threw very few screens, flares, and other designed short passes compared to most teams. now they are working heavily on his long ball and i expect we will see another transformation. Allen has shown he can indeed improve his accuracy when he focuses on it, he fixed his ball security problem, and the same will be true of his long balls. hes probably not going to go much above 60% again bc they dont have enough quickness across the oline to run too many screen type plays, but combined with fewer drops with diggs as the primary target, he should get into that low 60's that will be plenty good enough to climb into the top half of the league offenses

stay the course, opie. keep Allen in the pocket, limit the designed qb runs, preach protecting himself when he does dash through an open lane, and keep him healthy

Hope your right about Allen improving the long ball. It’s a fucking HUGE if. But there’s evidence out there that pocket QBs get hurt just as much if not more than running QBs. 

As with staying the course...I’d rather win a championship in the next couple years with Allen playing like Lamar vs waiting for Allen being a pocket qb and just being decent the next 10 years. 

Lamar Jackson was a major liability to his team in both of his post season starts.

Will he improve on that? Maybe.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LIBills said:

Lamar Jackson was a major liability to his team in both of his post season starts.

Will he improve on that? Maybe.

I'm guessing no.

1 minute ago, Thebowflexbody said:

I'm guessing no.

I am inclined to be with you on this because he just doesn't have elite throwing skills, but we shall see.

21 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Hope your right about Allen improving the long ball. It’s a fucking HUGE if. But there’s evidence out there that pocket QBs get hurt just as much if not more than running QBs.  

The difference is pocket quarterbacks can still usually be just as effective after injury as before. The same is not true of a running quarterback who needs their quickness and explosiveness to succeed. Once they blow out a knee, break an ankle, get a lisfranc injury, those injuries stack on each other and they are never the same again

• Thanks 1

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

When it was time for big boy ball, the playoffs, Lamar Jackson has fallen flat on his face both times.

He'll continued to be figured out and teams will continue to force him to pass

• Thanks 1

so far, lets hope it continues, allen has also been very clutch. he appears to have a natural ability to turn it up several notches when the game is on the line. i dont remember how many 4th qtr comebacks he has but its a ton for a second year qb with a questionable supporting cast

3 minutes ago, Meathead said:

so far, lets hope it continues, allen has also been very clutch. he appears to have a natural ability to turn it up several notches when the game is on the line. i dont remember how many 4th qtr comebacks he has but its a ton for a second year qb with a questionable supporting cast

The one thing I have NOT seen from Allen is a complete game.

He comes out looking great and ends a game looking great.

but in between? Meh. Big time meh.

but again I blame McDabol and their uber conservative playcalling once they get a 7 point lead. 

• Thanks 1

well, hes had several complete games, like against miami when he won oplayer of the week

and even the greatest qbs have periods almost every game where they struggle. allens only been in the league two years and was a major project starting out, so you fully expect him to have periods of ineffectiveness

but if you want to pick a time when you qb is usually at his best its the fourth qtr, and so far allen has that

6 hours ago, Meathead said:

sorry, i dont agree

Agreed.

Lamar is not a long-term franchise QB.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

23 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

The one thing I have NOT seen from Allen is a complete game.

He comes out looking great and ends a game looking great.

but in between? Meh. Big time meh.

but again I blame McDabol and their uber conservative playcalling once they get a 7 point lead. 

I also agree with this.

One thing almost no-one mentions is just how much Allen shit the bed in that playoff game.

• Thanks 1

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Fun fact, Michael Lombardi was a top level executive when Oakland selected the biggest QB bust ever 1st overall in the 2007 draft in Jamarcus Russell. Russell was so bad that he thought he made it when he was drafted and was more concerned with partying, drinking lean than studying his playbook. His QB coach John DeFilippo gave Russell a DVD to watch and choose the best plays for the game plan. DeFilippo asked which plays he liked and Russell said he liked them all, but it was a blank DVD and Russell failed the test.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

I also agree with this.

One thing almost no-one mentions is just how much Allen shit the bed in that playoff game.

He made some dumb mistakes against Houston, no question, but to say he shit the bed is completely false.

Any one of a bunch of plays happens in Allen’s favor, we are talking a completely different tune.

Lomardi is also the person that bashed the hire of Doug Peterson by Philidelphia and Philidelphia won the Super Bowl

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Even with a black QB in Buffalo the refs were never going to let us get past Brady and the Patriots.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

I also agree with this.

Allen tried to lateral the ball and make a big play. It didn't work out so it is perceived as a bad play. Randy Moss did a lateral in a similar type of play that resulted in a TD. It is perceived as a great play.

Allen is not solely responsible for the playoff game loss.

John Brown failed to get his feet in bounds on a sideline pass.

Duke Williams failed to bring down the ball in the endzone in which Allen put the ball in a spot where only he could make a play on the ball.

The OL missed blocks on a QB power run which could have resulted in a longer run and a possible TD.

The refs made 2 egregious calls. Taking away the TD in the endzone from the Houston KR's mistake not to kneel and give the ball to the ref, and the horrible illegal block call on Cody Ford.

The missed tackles by Milano and Neal on the blitz on Watson that resulted in a big play and changed the momentum of the game.

The horrible play calling of Daboll in OT where he didn't feature Singletary in the running or passing game.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

2 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

When it was time for big boy ball, the playoffs, Lamar Jackson has fallen flat on his face both times.

He'll continued to be figured out and teams will continue to force him to pass

Lamar Jackson had a great 2019 regular season but had a terrible playoff game.

Lamar Jackson is 0-2 in the playoffs for his career.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg