Sign in to follow this  
Thebowflexbody

The Dixie Chicks Are Now Simply "The Chicks" *****

8 hours ago, thinwhiteduke said:

never cared about them anyway

You have high standards, like me TWD

• Trump 1

6 hours ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Remember when they were right about the Iraq war?

Yep. I remember when some bleached blond bimbos said something about something. 

1 hour ago, jc856 said:

Yep. I remember when some bleached blond bimbos said something about something. 

Did I miss something? Did anyone here defend George W.? I mean isn’t he universally known as the 2nd worst president followed by Obama?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crinoline said:

I'll check them out and let you know my thoughts. I try to be open about music, although as Angry Byrds pointed out, I prefer the harder stuff.

Let me know what you think.  A lot of their stuff is described as "cow punk".  Good sarcastic witty lyrics and very tuneful songs.

Thank you @junglesouljah Now I can remove that shortcut to Wikipedia from my bookmarks bar

• Haha 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

7 hours ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Jungle and his propaganda need to go away.  Fact.

Raw cold hard fact are propaganda for people that promote fake news.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

On 6/25/2020 at 3:36 PM, Thebowflexbody said:

LOL.  Agree, but I do like some "Americana" , "Country-Rock", "Alt-Country" or whatever they call it these days.  Allow me to suggest one band and 2 of their albums:

The Old 97's:

"Too Far to Care" (1997)

"Most Messed Up" (2014)

These are both fantastic records that I HIGHLY recommend even if, like me, you despise today's pop country and country music in general.

Gave off a Flogging Molly vibe at first listen. Will spend a little more time on them.

On 6/25/2020 at 9:29 PM, Angry Byrds said:

Have you heard the Volbeat songs that I listed? Those guys write some catchy riffs.

Ramones - Child's Play 1988

Volbeat - Child's Play 2019

On 6/25/2020 at 2:27 PM, Crinoline said:

I don't listen to any country music, does nothing for me. How many songs about your wife running off with your best friend do we really need?

One. If you really must know.

cba fan

On 6/25/2020 at 4:06 PM, Angry Byrds said:

What’s next? The General Lee is going to be just an orange car?

Can’t be orange. That’s a trigger color

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2020 at 5:49 PM, Woody said:

All of them.  :niterider:

On a side note, I'm surprised they're still around.  I'm sure their half-dozen or so fans will be tickled pink with their updated name.  :niterider:

“Tickled pink” is now replaced with “tickled into a rainbow assortment of colors, representing our diversity”.

• Haha 1

On 6/26/2020 at 8:12 AM, Thebowflexbody said:

Jungle and his propaganda need to go away.  Fact.

Keep burring your head in the sand and ignoring the truth. 

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

The Dixie Chicks were not the only people critical of the Iraq war.

War's critics speak out

RedeyeCHICAGO TRIBUNE

Though she is considered by many to be the "face" of the anti-Iraq war sentiment, Cindy Sheehan is not the only high-profile personality to speak out against the war.

Michael Moore

One of most vocal war critics, the film director turned the camera on the Bush administration with "Fahrenheit 9/11," which analyzed the president's actions in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

Natalie Maines

The lead singer of the Dixie Chicks spoke at a London concert in 2003, saying the band opposed the war and was "ashamed that the president of the United States is from Texas." The comments struck the wrong chord with fans, who fought back by boycotting the country band's music.

Rosie O'Donnell

The former talk show host has frequently weighed in with disapproval of the war and the Bush administration. The topic was the subject of her latest volcanic squabble with "View" co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck, leading Rosie to leave the show earlier than planned.

Sheryl Crow

The rocker has raised in her voice in protest of the war and has been photographed wearing shirts with anti-war slogans.

Tom Morello

The Rage Against the Machine guitarist formed the non-profit group Axis of Justice along with System of a Down's Serj Tankian. The group's Web site most recently criticized Democrats in Congress, accusing them of caving in by supporting a war funding bill without insisting on the withdrawal of U.S. troops.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-2007-05-30-0705300205-story.html

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

On 6/26/2020 at 5:39 AM, Angry Byrds said:

Did I miss something? Did anyone here defend George W.? I mean isn’t he universally known as the 2nd worst president followed by Obama?

And now his VP, the vile Dick Cheney, has joined the Lincoln Project swamp creatures that these guys love to tout on here.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

8 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Well I guess the liberals should have supported the band more, and they wouldn’t have been “cancelled”. How many of their albums did you own, Jungle to show your support? I didn’t like Bush or vote for him, and I didn’t agree with the war, but I don’t feel like you should go to another country and bad mouth the president. I don’t blame people for not listening to them either. You have freedom of speech, but not freedom from consequences.

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

And now his VP, the vile Dick Cheney, has joined the Lincoln Project swamp creatures that these guys love to tout on here.

He's still alive?  Fuck those cats.