Sign in to follow this  
Meathead

Tucker: The rise of left-wing rage mobs in America

During a visit to Richard Spencer’s apartment in Alexandria, Virginia, I began to understand how the alt-right works. Evan McLaren, a lawyer, wrote master plans on a whiteboard. A band of college kids poured whiskey for Spencer, adjusted his gold-framed Napoleon painting, and discussed the coming “Identitarian” revolution. Spencer offered a sense of historical purpose to his bored, middle-class followers. In his telling, they weren’t just “white Americans,” but descendants of the Greeks and Romans. “Myths are more powerful than rationality,” Spencer told me. “We make life worth living.”

White Noise is about the seductive power of extremism. Hatred feels good. But the fix is fleeting. As the film progresses, the subjects reveal the contradictions at the heart of their world. Southern advocates for traditional gender roles, but resents the misogyny and sexism of her peers. Cernovich warns that “diversity is code for white genocide,” but has an Iranian wife and biracial kids. Spencer swears he’ll lead the white-nationalist revolution—until it’s more comfortable for him to move home to live with his wealthy mother in Montana. For so many who feel lost or alone, these avatars of hate offer a promise: Follow us, and life will be better.

White Noise shows how empty that promise is.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/06/white-noise-documentary-alt-right/612898/

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, junglesouljah said:

What about the rise to the Right wing mob? What about the rise of the Alt Right under Trump's presidency?

well, Ryan, that pales in comparison to the lunacy on the left right now. the overwhelming majority of americans want nothing to do with those organizations you mentioned (F8 you can stop reading bc i dont have a reference), but hundreds of millions of people support the craziness we see coming out of the leftists

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Meathead said:

well, Ryan, that pales in comparison to the lunacy on the left right now. the overwhelming majority of americans want nothing to do with those organizations you mentioned (F8 you can stop reading bc i dont have a reference), but hundreds of millions of people support the craziness we see coming out of the leftists

LOL, I'm not Ryan.

BTW I'm not defending people on the left that are rioting and vandalizing property.

There has been a rise of right wing extremist ever since Trump got elected. Trump made it socially acceptable to be racist by his statements and by promoting hate as campaign strategy. 

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg