Sign in to follow this  
Meathead

Tucker: The rise of left-wing rage mobs in America

Nah.  Tucker is the best.  More and more people are tuning in.  You must hate that.  Too bad.  Tucker is spreading the truth.

Tucker Carlson is fake as fuck. He is an elitist pretending to hate elitist. 

His full name is Tucker Swanson NcNear Carlson, and his mother is Patricia Caroline Swanson the heiress to the Swanson Enterprise.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

TUCKER CARLSON ON RUPERT MURDOCH IN 2010 RADIO SEGMENT: “I’M 100 PERCENT HIS BITCH”

Aida-1-bw-online-1523048739.jpg?auto=compress%2Cformat&q=90&h=60&w=60

March 12 2019, 5:27 p.m.

TUCKER CARLSON, who recently branded himself as a leading anti-elitist, had previously labeled himself as an “out-of-the-closet elitist,” and separately said that he is “100 percent [Rupert Murdoch’s] bitch.” The two quips are part of a trove of newly unearthed recordings from 2008 to 2011 that haven’t previously been reported.

The Fox News host made the comments on the shock-jock radio program “The Bubba the Love Sponge Show,” where he appeared regularly from 2006 to 2011. They are starkly different from Carlson’s recent attempts to brand himself as an anti-elite, anti-capitalist commentator on “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” one of the most-watched shows on cable news.

In January, Carlson, who frequently traffics in white nationalist rhetoric, delivered a 15-minute monologue in which he railed against America’s ruling class. Carlson slammed both parties, saying that Americans “are ruled by mercenaries who feel no long-term obligation” to the people they rule, and that Republican leaders would have to be fools to worship market capitalism. “Under our current system, an American who works for a salary pays about twice the tax rate of someone who’s living off inherited money and doesn’t work at all,” he said. “We tax capital at half of what we tax labor. It’s a sweet deal if you work in finance, as many of our rich people do.”

Over the last two days, Media Matters for America, a watchdog organization, has released a trove of audio that included racist and misogynistic comments Carlson made on the same radio program. In those segments, Carlson appeared to defend statutory rape, called for the elimination of rape shield laws, and made suggestive comments about underage girls. He has so far refused to apologize, instead flippantly saying that he was caught “saying something naughty.”

“Rather than express the usual ritual contrition, how about this: I’m on television every weeknight live for an hour,” Carlson said in a tweeted statement. “If you want to know what I think, you can watch.” On his program Monday night, Carlson said Fox News is standing behind him despite the resurfaced recordings. The network confirmed this to be true, but it hasn’t released an official statement saying so. Fox News did not return The Intercept’s request for comment.

Carlson has worked for Fox News since 2009, first as an analyst and then as a host of the weekend show “Fox & Friends.” In 2016, he got his own weeknight show on the cable network, where he reportedly rakes in millions of dollars a year. During his radio appearances over the last decade, Carlson boasted about his wealth, which he amassed as a trust-fund kid.

When asked on “Bubba the Love Sponge” in 2008 how he pays his bills, Carlson replied that he’s “extraordinarily loaded” just from “inheritance from my number of trust funds.”

“I’ll go out and beat some servants, I’ll wrap my Lamborghini around a tree, go pick up a kilo or two, you know, just like normal stuff,” he added.

“You’re a trust fund baby, are you not?” the host asked. “Oh completely, I’ve never needed to work, yeah,” Carlson said. “I mean it’s all just — the whole cable news thing … it was just like a phase I was going through.”

In another instance, the conversation on the show centered on Fox chair Rupert Murdoch’s decision to pull ultraconservative host Sean Hannity from broadcasting at a Cincinnati tea party rally in 2010. “I’m 100 percent [Murdoch’s] bitch,” Carlson said. “Whatever Mr. Murdoch says, I do. … I would be honored if he would cane me the way I cane my workers, my servants.”

In a 2009 radio segment, Carlson joked about growing up in a castle, saying that one thing you learn when you “look out across the moat every day at the hungry peasants in the village” is that “you don’t wanna stoke envy among the proletariat.” The host then asked if having an African-American “shining the rims on your Bentley” doesn’t invoke envy, to which Carlson replied, “I only have, you know, American, white servants.” He explained, “It’s not because I’m racist, it’s because I’m not. It’s because I feel better beating them, you know what I mean?” Moments before the back-and-forth, Carlson was talking about how he had just been hired at Fox News.

“But see, I’m an out-of-the-closet elitist,” Carlson said in a 2008 segment. “I don’t run around pretending to be a man of the people; I’m absolutely not a man of the people, at all.”

Carlson’s “Bubba the Love Sponge Show” appearances put into stark relief a meltdown the conservative host had just weeks ago after being challenged about his status as a member of the elite, meanwhile railing against the elites. Carlson had invited Dutch historian Rutger Bregman onto his weeknight show after Bregman made an appearance at this year’s Davos summit. Bregman accused the host of being bought by the Murdoch family and the Cato Institute, a libertarian think tank where Carlson was a fellow until 2015. In the unaired interview, which was leaked and published by NowThis, Bregman called Carlson “a millionaire funded by billionaires” who is “part of the problem.” Carlson responded by calling him a “tiny brain” and “moron” and abruptly ending the interview. After the tape leaked, the show’s senior executive producer said they chose not to air the interview because they were disappointed with the segment and didn’t want to waste the audience’s time.

https://theintercept.com/2019/03/12/tucker-carlson-tapes-rupert-murdoch/

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

"What we're talking about here, it’s not the front page of The New York Times. It’s 'Tucker Carlson Tonight,' which is a commentary show,” a lawyer for Fox News argued while defending a lawsuit from Karen McDougal.

Tucker Carlson doesn't have an obligation to investigate the truth of statements before making them on his show, and his audience doesn't expect him to report facts, a lawyer for Fox News told a New York federal judge on Wednesday. 

The network is facing a slander lawsuit from Karen McDougal, a former Playboy model who made headlines over a $150,000 payment she received from the National Enquirer in connection with her alleged affair with Donald Trump.

McDougal claims Carlson defamed her and accused her of a crime in a segment that also discussed Stormy Daniels. Here's what Carlson said that she takes issue with: "Two women approached Donald Trump and threatened to ruin his career and humiliate his family if he doesn't give them money. Now that sounds like a classic case of extortion."

To complicate matters, he also earlier in the broadcast said that he was recapping the "gist" of a New York Times story and assuming "for the sake of argument" that things ex-Trump lawyer Michael Cohen had said were true while noting it wasn't wise to make such an assumption, but he also stated, "Remember the facts of the story; these are undisputed."

Fox News wants U.S. District Court Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil to toss the complaint, arguing both that nothing Carlson said is defamatory because it can't be interpreted as stating actual facts and that McDougal can't prove he acted with actual malice, which she must to succeed on her claims because she's a public figure.

Fox News' attorney Erin Murphy argued that Carlson repeatedly couched his statements as hypotheticals to promote conversation and that a reasonable viewer would know his show offers "provocative things that will help me think harder," as opposed to straight news.

"What we’re talking about here, it’s not the front page of The New York Times," said Murphy. “It’s Tucker Carlson Tonight, which is a commentary show.”

While discussing what constitutes reckless disregard for the truth in regard to the actual malice standard, Judge Vyskocil asked Murphy, "Does somebody in Mr. Carlson’s position have the duty of inquiry?"

Murphy replied, "Not as to an actual malice standard. The Supreme Court could not be clearer." She argued malice isn't a negligence standard, and "failure to investigate" the truth of a statement doesn't suffice. 

The Fox News lawyer also argued that even if Carlson were aligned with Trump, that's not enough, and you can't reach the actual malice standard "just by saying someone has motive for lying."

McDougal's lawyer Eric Bernstein emphasized the phrase "remember the facts" and claims that moment in his segment signaled a shift from commentary to reporting news. "It’s a beat change, if you’re an actor," he argued. "You can even see it on his face. He gets serious. He’s not being dramatic."

Bernstein's arguments supporting actual malice rely on Fox News' previous coverage of McDougal and a tweet from Trump praising Carlson's book. Vyskocil seemed dubious, asking "Are you sure the president doesn’t tweet about anyone with whom he doesn’t have a personal relationship?"

She ultimately took the matter under submission.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/fox-news-defends-tucker-carlson-karen-mcdougal-slander-suit-1298999?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

see?! Blackness has recruited White enablers to spread their message of one-way hate. Here's a white woman standing in the middle of the street proclaiming that black people can't be racist. You know for sure she's not the only one, there's millions of them around the country. Despite how ridiculous her claim is, she really believes it. So do a great many black folks.

There is no logic to this belief, that's not what it's intended to do. It's intended to be used as a weapon they can only be used in one direction. Here she is impugning the character of an officer she doesn't even know. How ironic that it's a black officer that comes to his defense to her nonsense

This is the ridiculous belief structure that we are at war against. What they claim is not based on fact, it's based on heavy bias. It is classic neo-racism and it is very, very destructive

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

14 hours ago, Meathead said:

see?! Blackness has recruited White enablers to spread their message of one-way hate. Here's a white woman standing in the middle of the street proclaiming that black people can't be racist. You know for sure she's not the only one, there's millions of them around the country. Despite how ridiculous her claim is, she really believes it. So do a great many black folks.

There is no logic to this belief, that's not what it's intended to do. It's intended to be used as a weapon they can only be used in one direction. Here she is impugning the character of an officer she doesn't even know. How ironic that it's a black officer that comes to his defense to her nonsense

This is the ridiculous belief structure that we are at war against. What they claim is not based on fact, it's based on heavy bias. It is classic neo-racism and it is very, very destructive

Ok. Now what? Biden for the win?

On 6/26/2020 at 8:49 AM, jc856 said:

Ok. Now what? Biden for the win?

Are we seeing a shift to the right by Meathead? 😊 

On 6/24/2020 at 10:59 PM, junglesouljah said:

A dangerous mob of Neo Nazi's and white supremacists shouted "Jew's will not replace us!" at the Charlottesville protests because they were offended that confederate statues celebrating racists were going to be taken down. That mob violently attacked white and black people of the BLM protesters and killed a white BLM protester. 

This guy is the reason we have racism. Complete utter stereotyping nonsense. If we want to move on as a society with equality and transparency, we have to speak up against bat shit crazy people like this trying to divide us. We need to be a society that stops worshiping dumb people in Hollywood and Social Media. Free thinking has to be a thing again and put the parrots back in the cage where they belong. Smart people need to speak up because they have been silent and avoiding the hard conversations. Too many idiots with big mouths these days

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Angry Byrds said:

She wouldn’t shut up and listen, it’s the female version of Jungle.

Wow She's a good debater. systematic racism can only be white lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, rcas0308 said:

Wow She's a good debater. systematic racism can only be white lol

Actually, that might be Kelly’sHeros. She looks like a Kelly, and KH only thinks whites can be racist.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rcas0308 said:

This guy is the reason we have racism. Complete utter stereotyping nonsense. If we want to move on as a society with equality and transparency, we have to speak up against bat shit crazy people like this trying to divide us. We need to be a society that stops worshiping dumb people in Hollywood and Social Media. Free thinking has to be a thing again and put the parrots back in the cage where they belong. Smart people need to speak up because they have been silent and avoiding the hard conversations. Too many idiots with big mouths these days

That division started and spread out to the rest of the country from DC. Probably as far back as when Clinton was President. The Starr investigation and the Right vs Clinton and the Left. 

• Thanks 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

4 hours ago, Angry Byrds said:

Are we seeing a shift to the right by Meathead? 😊 

no

im still a left leaning centrist

i just recognize insanity when i see it, and the left has gone insane. i dont know if thats better or worse than the disgusting social immorality i see on the right but i know both are and have been damaging to our country

i can support individual aspects of the right but i could never support the republican party in its current form. i believe quality affordable health care is a right, that abortion should have a goal of zero but remain legal, and that the income gap is disgusting and a sin against humanity. both parties are fucked up, but the left is closer to healthy than the right at this point in time. well, other than right now

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

On 6/25/2020 at 5:00 PM, junglesouljah said:

tucker-carlson-cause.jpg

I had to laugh, that WAS funny

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Meathead said:

no

im still a left leaning centrist

i just recognize insanity when i see it, and the left has gone insane. i dont know if thats better or worse than the disgusting social immorality i see on the right but i know both are and have been damaging to our country

i can support individual aspects of the right but i could never support the republican party in its current form. i believe quality affordable health care is a right, that abortion should have a goal of zero but remain legal, and that the income gap is disgusting and a sin against humanity. both parties are fucked up, but the left is closer to healthy than the right at this point in time. well, other than right now

The only insanity I see on tv right now is coming from the left. Abortion is a non-issue it will never be outlawed, but I feel better knowing the president isn’t for killing unborn babies. The crazy left want to push it right up to child birth or infanticide. Healthcare needs to be fixed, and Obama had his shot, we will see what the Don does if he gets re-elected. I’m sure Biden would just Obamacare ride itself out. Crazy, people are going to vote for a guy who really hasn’t said shit. He doesn’t even have to promise to fix anything, he has just not be Trump.

there certainly is a lot of crazy on the left right now, but i dont think being against a disgusting, thoroughly immoral man is crazy

we already know what don will do with hc if he get reelected - serve us up a piece of shit that was worse than the piece of shit we had before the ACA. the ACA would have been a smashing success had not the republicans intentionally sabotaged it by withholding the make-up payments to doctors that accepted the lower-tier patients on low pay plans. republicans scuttled that bc they knew it would severely damage the whole program. if you think republicans are going to give the low to mid income people anything but a piece of shit plan, you are living in dreamworld. when they had full control and the chance to deliver, they gave us shit. that plan was crazy bad. thats what the future holds if don is reelected

im the president of the brittney spears for president if it gets this piece of shit out of office

• Like 1

What about the rise to the Right wing mob? What about the rise of the Alt Right under Trump's presidency?

rc8wcirtrg751.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg