Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

The Birth of A Movement and The Downfall of A President

We are witnessing the birth of a movement — and the downfall of a president - Full Story

They almost always begin to right wrongs: illegitimate wars; decades of discrimination on the grounds of gender or racial or sexual identity; killings of innocents by police or gun-toting lunatics; oppression by governments wielding unequal laws; the deeply embedded legacy of centuries of racism. 

They are imperfect. Arising out of rage, they can be unfocused, inchoate, contradictory. Protesting violence, they often involve violence. Protesting oppression, they sometimes oppress by destroying public spaces, small businesses, even entire neighborhoods.

But sometimes they are large enough and powerful enough and righteous enough to bend the arc of history. We are in such a moment. There has been a turning. A protest against the murder of a black man by police in Minneapolis has become a movement. Demonstrations, which began almost two weeks ago, are ongoing. They are huge. They are nationwide. They are peaceful. They show no signs of stopping.

Among the extraordinary things about this moment is the fact that every single person who has taken to the streets to demonstrate is risking his or her life. People who only days ago were huddled inside their homes, afraid of a virus that has taken in excess of 110,000 lives in this country, are putting on their face masks and gathering by the tens or even hundreds of thousands, unafraid of the virus or the forces arrayed on the streets against them. They are protesting the death of a man who should not have had to die, and they are protesting the man who seemingly gave permission for him to be murdered by the intolerance and racism he has openly promoted for more than four years. 

If we had any doubts that our fellow citizens would turn out to vote in November because they would be afraid of the virus or intimidated by attempts to block their votes, we have our answer. More people will turn out to vote, not less, and this has Trump very, very worried. 

The show of courage on the streets has frightened Trump and his allies in the Republican Party. If you have any doubts, all you have to do is watch the scene of Republican senators scurrying away from MSNBC reporter Kasie Hunt on Capitol Hill when she asked them to comment on Trump's disgusting and disreputable photo-op at St. John's Church on Monday. 

Trump has turned Washington into an armed camp. He has built a three-mile-long wall around the White House and cowered in a basement bunker as protests grew on the streets outside. But Trump's threat to use active-duty soldiers to suppress dissent has encountered some profound pushback from an unexpected source: the United States military. 

It began with a statement by former Secretary of Defense James Mattis in reaction to the use of force, including National Guard soldiers, to clear peaceful demonstrators from a street near the White House so Trump could make his now-infamous "walk" to St. John's Church for his Bible-waving photo-op. "I have watched this week's unfolding events, angry and appalled,"

And then something extraordinary happened. Mattis' clarion call was joined by more senior military figures, beginning with Secretary of Defense Mark Esper, who had been the object of strong criticism for standing next to Trump during his Bible photo-op. Esper held a press conference at the Pentagon on Wednesday and announced that he was against invoking the Insurrection Act, which would (hypothetically) authorize the deployment of active-duty military on the streets of America. Trump is said to be very, very unhappy with Esper and reversed his order for elements of the 82nd Airborne Division to return to their base in North Carolina. By week's end, however, Esper had prevailed, and the 82ndwas on the way home. 

Retired Adm. Mike Mullen, who served as chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Barack Obama, was next. He wrote a piece for The Atlantic entitled, "I cannot remain silent." 

• Like 1
  • Trump 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

• Like 1

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

The guy with the leaf blower is classic

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

13 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

101931335_950850925366709_56781171466646

But it's the non-violent crime ones that are the ones that get protested.  Nobody is going to march for a cop that killed an armed robber lollll  But for plainclothes cops barging in the wrong house and killing a woman in her bed?  Damn right they will.  For people like George Floyd?  They sure will

Hipkat you were just owned by the truth.  See the posts above.

Trump is lagging in the polls by the exact same amount he was four years ago this time.

Maybe both of these times the polls are once again rigged ; four yyears ago they were at least rigged via sampling strategy.-

• Like 1
  • Barf 1

As long as we’re blocking access to security, let’s seal off the bunker underneath the White House. Let’s remove the security from around Trump Tower. And let’s take down those walls and barricades that Donald Trump just had put up around the White House.

• Like 1
  • Trump 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

21 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

But it's the non-violent crime ones that are the ones that get protested.  Nobody is going to march for a cop that killed an armed robber lollll  But for plainclothes cops barging in the wrong house and killing a woman in her bed?  Damn right they will.  For people like George Floyd?  They sure will

Do you really believe that the ones out in the street destroying property and maiming and killing people think this way?  Do the ones marching in the streets "peaceably" taunting police and providing cover for the anarchists really think at all?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48372057_1969525509802965_4664389317303468032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=8fd3638a10a1407561bc1873032b72c4&oe=5C95B70A

They want your blood on the streets, they want you to see it on TV, and they want you to blame it all on the Orange Man. They will gladly take your services as a Useful Idiot to keep them in power and promote agendas that don't have your interests at heart.

DC Mayor Muriel Bowser Demands Military Forces Leave White House Unguarded, While Simultaneously Organizing Violent Protests… She Knows Exactly What She’s Doing!

It seems quite transparent what the agenda is for Washington DC Mayor Muriel Bowser.  After giving the DC police orders to stand down; and after ending the previously declared state of emergency; and after cancelling the flow-through purchase contract where feds repay the city for national guard housing; she is now demanding that all national guard troops and security elements leave the nation’s capital city:

…”It’s our expectation that until soldiers are called home, we don’t think that soldiers should be in the nation’s capital patrolling or policing streets. We’ve made that formal request to the White House.”… 

Simultaneous to her demand that all security forces, including the added DC police, be withdrawn operations, the Mayor is helping to organize the introduction of far-left mobs under the pretense of her facilitating weekend mass protests against the White House.

dc-mayor-bowser.jpg?w=640&h=378

In essence, Mayor Bowser is simultaneously removing DC security and introducing an extremist force.  This is beyond dangerous and appears to be an intentional effort by the mayor to force  and create a violent Kent State type confrontation.  This is Alinsky 101.

Provocation to a specifically designed conflict is why Mayor Bowser had the streets painted earlier today; and why she is pretending not to know what the end goal is for the operation where she is a key player.

WASHINGTON DC – Demonstrators are expected to swell the area around the White House Saturday, placing President Trump and the White House under siege and testing his law-and-order message.

D.C. Metropolitan Police said the event “may be one of the largest we’ve had in the city.”

Calls for action shared on Twitter, including one by a group called Refuse Fascism, say demonstrators will meet outside Lafayette Park.

[…] Trump was scheduled to fly to his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club, but the trip was canceled. “The president’s looking forward to another working weekend,” a senior administration official told Politico. (more)

Let’s hope President Trump hasn’t been set up again by resistance operatives within the White House.

• Like 1

Parler @NYexile

6 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

Archbishop Viganò’s powerful letter to President Trump: Eternal struggle between good and evil playing out right now

very interesting article that mixes things i strongly agree with, and things i strongly disagree with

but i really like his use of light vs darkness, obviously hes using it in the spiritual sense. and i like his virtual condemnation of what our "journalistic" media has become - profit making propaganda

i also like his specifically pointing out how the people walking in light are being cancelled out by a corrupt media and a corrupt message from those with the megaphone and a selfish agenda

naturally, i dont like his support for such a thoroughly immoral president, i think its hypocritical. if it was written from a more neutral political stance i think it would have been a fantastic message. it still was pretty good in large segments

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

6 minutes ago, Meathead said:

very interesting article that mixes things i strongly agree with, and things i strongly disagree with

but i really like his use of light vs darkness, obviously hes using it in the spiritual sense. and i like his virtual condemnation of what our "journalistic" media has become - profit making propaganda

i also like his specifically pointing out how the people walking in light are being cancelled out by a corrupt media and a corrupt message from those with the megaphone and a selfish agenda

naturally, i dont like his support for such a thoroughly immoral president, i think its hypocritical. if it was written from a more neutral political stance i think it would have been a fantastic message. it still was pretty good in large segments

Okay.  When you say a thoroughly immoral president (Trump}, can you put a scale on that in comparison to Obama, Bush II, Bill Clinton,  Bush I, Ronald Regan, Jimmy Carter, Richard Nixon, LBJ, John Kennedy, Harry Truman, FDR,  Herbert Hoover, Calvin Coolidge,  Woodrow Wilson, ......I can go on.  It's a scale of immoral presidents after all.  You know, when a turd gets in the milk pail the whole pail is tainted, right?.  You can't drink from the bottom or the top.  Even if you think Trump is a ten there are a lot that are close behind him and some at the bottom of the scale but the whole pail is tainted.  Which one of the previous men could cast the first stone?  Which of the previous ones saw the corruption in government and said, we have to stop this now?  Eisenhower and Kennedy maybe but it didn't get solved.  

48372057_1969525509802965_4664389317303468032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=8fd3638a10a1407561bc1873032b72c4&oe=5C95B70A

59 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

Do you really believe that the ones out in the street destroying property and maiming and killing people think this way?  Do the ones marching in the streets "peaceably" taunting police and providing cover for the anarchists really think at all?  

Don’t watch that video I posted and you’ll understand why

• Like 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 minute ago, DannyBoy said:

Okay.  When you say a thoroughly immoral president (Trump}, can you put a scale on that in comparison to Obama, Bush II, Bill Clinton,  Bush I, Ronald Regan, Jimmy Carter, Richard Nixon, LBJ, John Kennedy, Harry Truman, FDR,  Herbert Hoover, Calvin Coolidge,  Woodrow Wilson, ......I can go on.  It's a scale of immoral presidents after all.  You know, when a turd gets in the milk pail the whole pail is tainted, right?.  You can't drink from the bottom or the top.  Even if you think Trump is a ten there are a lot that are close behind him and some at the bottom of the scale but the whole pail is tainted.  Which one of the previous men could cast the first stone?  Which of the previous ones saw the corruption in government and said, we have to stop this now?  Eisenhower and Kennedy maybe but it didn't get solved.  

Dude come on be serious. You’re going to compare a president who’s lied over 16,000 times, who made fun of handicapped people, who made fun of people’s appearances, Who does everything he can to keep us divided, you’re going to compare that to those other presidents? Get the fuck out

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, Laughing Coffin said:

So has anyone marched for the whites that were killed for non violent crimes?

53 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Dude come on be serious. You’re going to compare a president who’s lied over 16,000 times, who made fun of handicapped people, who made fun of people’s appearances, Who does everything he can to keep us divided, you’re going to compare that to those other presidents? Get the fuck out

Those are assertions made that are connected to a kernel of truth but the  inaccuracies are so slanted by bias as to become agenda-driven lies.

How many of the previous presidents were not only subverted by the previous administration, by the opposing party who keep trying to find a way to break this man, and failed miserably, even with the forces of the biased press and the clingons (pieces of fecal matter) of deep state corrupt employee?  

“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.”
― Jonathan Swift

1 hour ago, DannyBoy said:

personally i dont think theres much of a comparison. on a scale of 0-10 id put don at least a 9 and the next highest a 5 (not incl nixon). but i admittedly am not much of a presidential historian so there may have been some legit scandals i dont know about or forgot

don is just a tremendously immoral man. hes proven that his whole life over and over again. i didnt start hating him when he ran for office, ive hated him my whole life. hes the exact opposite of any kind of role model, he made his money cheating people out of what was rightfully theirs or gutting companies that could have survived if he wasnt intentionally creating write-offs for his other bidnesses

hes a classic crook and con man. and while you can say that about a lot of politicians, hes the one that in my lifetime blows all the rest away in that regard

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Angry Byrds said:

So has anyone marched for the whites that were killed for non violent crimes?

crickets

• Thanks 1

Just now, Meathead said:

crickets

Some posts are invisible

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

Those are assertions made that are connected to a kernel of truth but the  inaccuracies are so slanted by bias as to become agenda-driven lies.

How many of the previous presidents were not only subverted by the previous administration, by the opposing party who keep trying to find a way to break this man, and failed miserably, even with the forces of the biased press and the clingons (pieces of fecal matter) of deep state corrupt employee?  

“It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.”
― Jonathan Swift

Seek help. soflabillsfan

36 minutes ago, Meathead said:

personally i dont think theres much of a comparison. on a scale of 0-10 id put don at least a 9 and the next highest a 5 (not incl nixon). but i admittedly am not much of a presidential historian so there may have been some legit scandals i dont know about or forgot

don is just a tremendously immoral man. hes proven that his whole life over and over again. i didnt start hating him when he ran for office, ive hated him my whole life. hes the exact opposite of any kind of role model, he made his money cheating people out of what was rightfully theirs or gutting companies that could have survived if he wasnt intentionally creating write-offs for his other bidnesses

hes a classic crook and con man. and while you can say that about a lot of politicians, hes the one that in my lifetime blows all the rest away in that regard

Steve Schmidt said it the other day, this election comes down to one thing. It’s a good man versus a bad man. A moral man versus an immoral man. A man who loves the people he represents versus a man who despises the people he represents. A patriot versus a man who has stepped on every American Ideal that we have fought for for almost 250 years.

• Like 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, Meathead said:

crickets

It’s not about white people that have been killed by the police.  No matter how anybody wants to frame it, nobody has gone through what black people have gone through except black people.  The reason that there is no protesting want a white man gets killed is because it would be ridiculous

• Like 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan