16 hours ago, LIBills said:

I told my family this was a farce, but they played along.

In the end, I hope I get my job back.

Hope you do as well, best of luck.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sucked In Again said:

A couple days, and still haven't found anything to support your claim.

peaky blinders GIF

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

25 minutes ago, Sucked In Again said:

More social programs = increased poverty which ='s increased crime. It's common fucking sense.

Only in America, apparently...

• Like 1

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

5 minutes ago, Nuke said:

Who would want to be a police office now? You can't win. Hated by the people you're sworn to protect. Well over 90% of these guys are good guys. Yes, what happened in Minnesota was wrong and they should be punished to the fullest extent. I didn't think the push looked that bad. I've seen a lot worse that didn't result in a fall. But, the guy did fall and he was hurt, so that made it worse then it should have been. Then again, who in their right mind, thinks it a good idea to walk up and get in the face of a police line that is in riot gear? Maybe, that's just me. Maybe, what the people that hate the police need right now, is a good old fashion "wobble". Where the police protect the innocent  from being beaten with a 2x4, but other then that let the looters and rioters have their way. Maybe, it will be a good reminder of how important they are.

I wonder if it would have been such a big issue if the police didn't 1, walk right over/past him and 2, the guy who DID stoop to check on him didn't get yanked away by another officer

• Like 1
  • Barf 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

22 minutes ago, HipKat said:

I wonder if it would have been such a big issue if the police didn't 1, walk right over/past him and 2, the guy who DID stoop to check on him didn't get yanked away by another officer

Watch the video and try to think of it as a job with procedures. The guy that told the other guy to get back in his spot was calling for a medic. What do you think the smart response was? Forget holding a line and all of us give CPR? No, you have a job to do, get back in line, do your job and I’ll call the proper trained people to do theirs. If you were ever in the military you would realize that it’s the right procedure. You have a bunch of untrained social justice warriors all of a sudden deciding what should be the right procedure. 

• Like 2

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

10 minutes ago, Nuke said:

Watch the video and try to think of it as a job with procedures. The guy that told the other guy to get back in his spot was calling for a medic. What do you think the smart response was? Forget holding a line and all of us give CPR? No, you have a job to do, get back in line, do your job and I’ll call the proper trained people to do theirs. If you were ever in the military you would realize that it’s the right procedure. You have a bunch of untrained social justice warriors all of a sudden deciding what should be the right procedure. 

If I was ever in the military? I think I’ve posted on here enough times about my military service. I’m not doubting what you’re saying, I’m just saying that the video as it’s been played doesn’t tell the whole story and is the reason that there has been such a reaction to it. We don’t see what happened beforehand and we don’t see when the medics arrived to take care of the man. We don’t see how long he laid there unattended and in my guess, it was probably only a matter of seconds

Seek help. soflabillsfan

16 hours ago, Zan186 said:

First, the video does not show the unruly protesters to the left.  So the cop not going to check on the old man is due to the fact the area was not secure.  Rule #1 secure area.  Anyone in law enforcement or other emergency agency knows the area must be safe first.  

Second, this old man was an antagonist.  He was told to disperse, and rather than backing up came forward as police were advancing.  Should the officers used better judgement with dealing with this older guy...yes...but they were within their right to execute law and order.  Old man should of been arrested for disorderly conduct as well as violation of curfew.  That would of been the prudent choice.  However, things don't always go that way.  

Lastly if the 75 year old was a 25 year old, the shove would of been routine and no big deal.  Simply put police issue orders you follow them.  If you think cop is out of line you file a complaint or hire a lawyer and sue the department.

very nice, reasonable explanation. thanks for correcting and clarifying my amateur commentary

• Like 2

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

On 6/6/2020 at 5:52 AM, HipKat said:

Only in America, apparently...

I didn’t realize you were well versed in the effectiveness of social programs in foreign countries.

4 hours ago, Buffalochief2 said:

I didn’t realize you were well versed in the effectiveness of social programs in foreign countries.

Doesn't take much research to learn

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Defund the police? Here’s what that really means

Since George Floyd’s death, a long-simmering movement for police abolition has become part of the national conversation, recast slightly as a call to “defund the police.” For activists, this conversation is long overdue. But for casual observers, this new direction may seem a bit disorienting — or even alarming.

Be not afraid. “Defunding the police” is not as scary (or even as radical) as it sounds, and engaging on this topic is necessary if we are going to achieve the kind of public safety we need. During my 25 years dedicated to police reform, including in places such as Ferguson, Mo., New Orleans and Chicago, it has become clear to me that “reform” is not enough. Making sure that police follow the rule of law is not enough. Even changing the laws is not enough.

To fix policing, we must first recognize how much we have come to over-rely on law enforcement. We turn to the police in situations where years of experience and common sense tell us that their involvement is unnecessary, and can make things worse. We ask police to take accident reports, respond to people who have overdosed and arrest, rather than cite, people who might have intentionally or not passed a counterfeit $20 bill. We call police to roust homeless people from corners and doorsteps, resolve verbal squabbles between family members and strangers alike, and arrest children for behavior that once would have been handled as a school disciplinary issue.

Police themselves often complain about having to “do too much,” including handling social problems for which they are ill-equipped. Some have been vocal about the need to decriminalize social problems and take police out of the equation. It is clear that we must reimagine the role they play in public safety.

Defunding and abolition probably mean something different from what you are thinking. For most proponents, “defunding the police” does not mean zeroing out budgets for public safety, and police abolition does not mean that police will disappear overnight — or perhaps ever. Defunding the police means shrinking the scope of police responsibilities and shifting most of what government does to keep us safe to entities that are better equipped to meet that need. It means investing more in mental-health care and housing, and expanding the use of community mediation and violence interruption programs.

Police abolition means reducing, with the vision of eventually eliminating, our reliance on policing to secure our public safety. It means recognizing that criminalizing addiction and poverty, making 10 million arrests per year and mass incarceration have not provided the public safety we want and never will. The “abolition” language is important because it reminds us that policing has been the primary vehicle for using violence to perpetuate the unjustified white control over the bodies and lives of black people that has been with us since slavery. That aspect of policing must be literally abolished.

Still, even as we try to shift resources from policing to programs that will better promote fairness and public safety, we must continue the work of police reform. We cannot stop regulating police conduct now because we hope someday to reduce or eliminate our reliance on policing. We must ban chokeholds and curb the use of no-knock warrants; we must train officers how to better respond to people in mental health crises, and we must teach officers to be guardians, not warriors, to intervene to prevent misconduct and to understand and appreciate the communities they serve.

• Haha 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Just going to leave this hard truth right here.

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

20 minutes ago, LIBills said:

Anyone wanna laugh their ass off?

Leo I respect, even though I disagree with him many times. Cornell, not so much.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gay 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

6 hours ago, jc856 said:

Leo I respect, even though I disagree with him many times. Cornell, not so much.....

I like Leo.  Reasonable guy.

7 hours ago, jc856 said:

Cornell is a lunatic.  I'm surprised they let him on the show.  :niterider:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

40 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

I like Leo.  Reasonable guy.

Leo isn't so normal when he is debating Candice Owens.

Otherwise, Leo seems pretty reasonable. 

32 minutes ago, LIBills said:

Leo isn't so normal when he is debating Candice Owens.

Otherwise, Leo seems pretty reasonable. 

Fair enough.  I like him more times than not, though.  At least he thinks for himself.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LIBills said:

Anyone wanna laugh their ass off?

Oh man, I saw that last night on the Internet and was totally shocked. Here we have Professor Cornel West, a respected intellectual among blacks, who goes full on crazy from only the slightest of provocations by Terrell. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. Any deference I had towards West went out the window after last night to be honest.

• Like 1

Parler @NYexile

20 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Oh man, I saw that last night on the Internet and was totally shocked. Here we have Professor Cornel West, a respected intellectual among blacks, who goes full on crazy from only the slightest of provocations by Terrell. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. Any deference I had towards West went out the window after last night to be honest.

West just came off as totally mentally ill.

• Like 1