Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

Alternate History: Russell Wilson a Brown and Josh Allen a Seahawk?

Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen reportedly would have gone No. 1 in 2018 draft had this trade occurred

The Buffalo Bills will host the Seattle Seahawks in Week 9 this season. Under center for Seattle will be Russell Wilson, one of the NFL’s best quarterbacks.

If a rumored trade had gone through, however, it’s very possible that Buffalo would be hosting a Seahawks team led by Josh Allen in 2020.

NBC Sports’ Chris Simms reported that a trade between the Cleveland Browns and Seattle Seahawks was discussed ahead of the 2018 NFL Draft. The proposed trade would have landed Russell Wilson in Cleveland while the Seahawks would have received the No. 1 pick in the draft.

Late last week, Simms went a step further and said the trade talks were not a rumor. After stating the trade talks as a fact,

“This is something I know. This is not a rumor. This is something I found out about not too long after the 2018 NFL Draft from some people close to the situation. And then had it confirmed on the other side by the other team involved in it... What I know is, yes, there was talks a little bit between Cleveland and Seattle and Cleveland giving that first pick in the draft for Russell Wilson. I don’t know who struck up the conversation. I would imagine it was Seattle. It makes sense, again, Seattle, they were debating on do we want to make Russell Wilson the highest paid player in football? I don’t know how serious it ever got, but I do know that was a very real conversation.”

Simms would go on to express how the Seahawks had won a Super Bowl with Wilson on his rookie deal and that they may have felt that was the blueprint to continued success in the NFL.

When Dan Patrick asked who the Seahawks were targeting, Simms said it was the Bills’ signal-caller.

“I don’t know this for sure, but I’ve been led to believe it was Josh Allen. That’s what I was led to believe. Seattle had their eye on that which makes sense too because he has a little of that Russell Wilson-ish quality too.”

You can view the entire segment below:

Of course, no trade was ever made. Seattle kept Wilson and eventually signed him to a four-year, $134 million extension and the Browns went on to select Baker Mayfield.

It is interesting to think about what the Bills would have done had the trade taken place, however. Allen, the quarterback Buffalo coveted, would have been selected by the Seahawks with Wilson landing in Cleveland. Would the Jets have selected Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield? Would the Bills have traded up for the remaining QB on the board?

These are questions that we will likely never have answers for, but Simms’ report will give many football fans something to think about in an interesting offseason.

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen reportedly would have gone No. 1 in 2018 draft had this trade occurred

The Buffalo Bills will host the Seattle Seahawks in Week 9 this season. Under center for Seattle will be Russell Wilson, one of the NFL’s best quarterbacks.

If a rumored trade had gone through, however, it’s very possible that Buffalo would be hosting a Seahawks team led by Josh Allen in 2020.

NBC Sports’ Chris Simms reported that a trade between the Cleveland Browns and Seattle Seahawks was discussed ahead of the 2018 NFL Draft. The proposed trade would have landed Russell Wilson in Cleveland while the Seahawks would have received the No. 1 pick in the draft.

Late last week, Simms went a step further and said the trade talks were not a rumor. After stating the trade talks as a fact,

“This is something I know. This is not a rumor. This is something I found out about not too long after the 2018 NFL Draft from some people close to the situation. And then had it confirmed on the other side by the other team involved in it... What I know is, yes, there was talks a little bit between Cleveland and Seattle and Cleveland giving that first pick in the draft for Russell Wilson. I don’t know who struck up the conversation. I would imagine it was Seattle. It makes sense, again, Seattle, they were debating on do we want to make Russell Wilson the highest paid player in football? I don’t know how serious it ever got, but I do know that was a very real conversation.”

Simms would go on to express how the Seahawks had won a Super Bowl with Wilson on his rookie deal and that they may have felt that was the blueprint to continued success in the NFL.

When Dan Patrick asked who the Seahawks were targeting, Simms said it was the Bills’ signal-caller.

“I don’t know this for sure, but I’ve been led to believe it was Josh Allen. That’s what I was led to believe. Seattle had their eye on that which makes sense too because he has a little of that Russell Wilson-ish quality too.”

You can view the entire segment below:

Of course, no trade was ever made. Seattle kept Wilson and eventually signed him to a four-year, $134 million extension and the Browns went on to select Baker Mayfield.

It is interesting to think about what the Bills would have done had the trade taken place, however. Allen, the quarterback Buffalo coveted, would have been selected by the Seahawks with Wilson landing in Cleveland. Would the Jets have selected Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield? Would the Bills have traded up for the remaining QB on the board?

These are questions that we will likely never have answers for, but Simms’ report will give many football fans something to think about in an interesting offseason.

That was quite interesting, thanks for posting.  I wonder how Josh Allen would have faired in Seattle?  All I know is I hope that alternate reality wouldn't have included the Bills getting stuck with Josh Rosen.

Speaking of alternate realities, I noticed this trending after looking for Bills stuff on twitter earlier.  Some might find it interesting.  I already read an article trying to argue against it, but said article mostly used humor(like some on here, when they read anything that makes them uncomfortable), and also admitted it was still possible.   This also has a related Christopher Nolan movie trailer in it, that looks like a torrent I want to get ASAP(I'm trying to recall if anything has come out this year Ive actually been interested in seeing, even for free.  That's sad, very sad).

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

1 hour ago, StraightJ said:

That was quite interesting, thanks for posting.  I wonder how Josh Allen would have faired in Seattle?  All I know is I hope that alternate reality wouldn't have included the Bills getting stuck with Josh Rosen.

Speaking of alternate realities, I noticed this trending after looking for Bills stuff on twitter earlier.  Some might find it interesting.  I already read an article trying to argue against it, but said article mostly used humor(like some on here, when they read anything that makes them uncomfortable), and also admitted it was still possible.   This also has a related Christopher Nolan movie trailer in it, that looks like a torrent I want to get ASAP(I'm trying to recall if anything has come out this year Ive actually been interested in seeing, even for free.  That's sad, very sad).

Huh, so there could be a Benjamin Button?

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Probably would have been looking at Mayfield being here if they were really after Allen.   

All that said, I think it is going to become quite interesting what twams do with QBs now.  The proof is out there, spending too much for a QB almost assures you won't win a Super Bowl.  All the teams that sign their guy to monster deals regress because they can't keep a team together.  Regardless of what Allen does this year, I'd be pretty surprised to see him here beyond the 5th year, maybe 6 on a franchise tag.   You have to get the young guy who can execute at a high enough level and surround them with a monster team, or get a Brady who takes less so he can have the team. 

Look at the SB winners of late, all but 1 has a qb on a below market deal and its arguable for every single Patriots title, that is the case too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to the leaked Bills draft board they were willing to trade up for Allen, Darnold or Mayfield:

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

According to the leaked Bills draft board they were willing to trade up for Allen, Darnold or Mayfield:

That's what I was thinking. If that trade happened and the Seahawks got Allen we would have had Darnold or Mayfield on the team, more likely Darnold because I think Mayfield would be on the JETE by the time we got a shot.

Parler @NYexile

The second McDermott took over in 2017, Josh Allen was the QB he had his eye on in the QB-strong 2018 NFL QB.

That is why he made the deal with KC in the 2017 draft.

Pretty simple.