Sign in to follow this  
jc856

Anyone else ever save a newspaper?

My father will go out and get like a major paper like the NYT for certain global events (9/11 or something).  My Aunt probably has a garage full of no purpose at all random tuesday of 1970 Buffalo News papers stacked to the ceiling

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

My father will go out and get like a major paper like the NYT for certain global events (9/11 or something).  My Aunt probably has a garage full of no purpose at all random tuesday of 1970 Buffalo News papers stacked to the ceiling

I have a Buffalo paper from November 22, 1963, but can’t find it. Buffalo was better off with two papers, was sad to see that end.

I used to have the 911 Buffalo News newspapers, the paper that came out the day my oldest daughter was born, and the one that I remember picking up on my front door on a Saturday morning that simply said DIANA DEAD

• Like 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

11 hours ago, HipKat said:

I used to have the 911 Buffalo News newspapers, the paper that came out the day my oldest daughter was born, and the one that I remember picking up on my front door on a Saturday morning that simply said DIANA DEAD

Your daughter was born on 9/11?

21 minutes ago, jc856 said:

Your daughter was born on 9/11?

No, I have the paper from the day she was born

• Like 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Wow that is pretty cool!

• Like 1

I saved all of my old 'Weekly World News' papers.  They were fantastic.  My favorite cover was - 'Space Alien caught in hot tub with Laura Bush and Theresa Heinze Kerry' from 2004.

People would laugh at me and say - 'You read that crap' - but once they read an issue they bought it every week.

1 hour ago, FanBack said:

I saved all of my old 'Weekly World News' papers.  They were fantastic.  My favorite cover was - 'Space Alien caught in hot tub with Laura Bush and Theresa Heinze Kerry' from 2004.

People would laugh at me and say - 'You read that crap' - but once they read an issue they bought it every week.

Pics, or it didn’t happen. I mean, show me that you saved the paper, I know space aliens like hot tubbing with First Ladies 

Edited by jc856

I'm trying to remember if I ever saved any.  I know my Mom did when I was in the paper, but I think I might have myself once or twice otherwise.

I used to know a fellow who was a ranked chess player and a bit off an odd fellow(though extremely nice, the way I wish I could be more often), but the poor SOB just died one day a few years back.  Anyhow, he used to save papers, literally had stacks of them around his apartment.  I'm guessing that was not the type of saving you you were inquiring about, though. :)

I definitely agree that having more than one newspaper is nice.  First because I like choice, but also because competition tends to raise the quality of a product in most things.  I suppose I could check around and see what I may have...being I'm wondering now.  Good thread.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

In high school I was in charge of selling newspapers at 4 exit gates at Kodak Park in Rochester at quittin time. I'd get home from school and immediately head there for work selling the Times Union evening paper. The day the Challenger exploded there were 2 added editions that followed the early afternoon printing. Tragedy, but I really raked it in that day. Nearly everyone wanted a copy. If I only had the foresight to keep memorable editions...

• Thanks 1

I have always recommended saving newspapers.

You never know when you are going to run out of toilet paper.

That is the one thing in this life you can't recycle......... toiler paper (only if you like to do that).