Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

McDermott insinuates that the playoff loss was Josh’s fault?

McDermott hasn’t led the team to a playoff victory yet, although they were on track to beating the Texans in January before a shaky fourth quarter let Houston back in a game that the Bills eventually lost in overtime.

Quarterback Josh Allen was among those who didn’t rise to the occasion and McDermott suggested that will have to change for the team to make further strides.

“Most times, how the quarterback goes is how the team goes. Josh is very aware of that in his responsibilities,” McDermott told Adam Schein of Mad Dog Sports Radio.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/05/03/sean-mcdermott-on-josh-allen-how-the-qb-goes-is-how-the-team-goes/

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Along with Beane’s comments that the passing game needs to improve, it seems that management is no longer taking a kid-friendly approach with Josh.

For the last 2 years it was “The QB is only 1/11th of the team on the field”.

Now it’s “we will go as far as the QB let’s us”.

• Thanks 2

Its year 3, the training wheels should be off, but Allen was hardly the only reason we lost that game.  I seem to remember our defense taking flyer on air tackles and letting Watson run around and buying time to score the go ahead.  Yes Allen looked silly at times but then so did the whole fucking team.

rightly so

• Thanks 1

"You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."

~ Frank Zappa

They should've explored bringing in someone that could really push/possibly beat out Josh for the starting QB position.

I think Allen will show much more improvement again this season, but we shouldn't rely on simply Allen...not only because he's not a sure bet, but because he could also go down with injury, and we don't have anyone that can win a game behind him.

And as far as McDermott goes...he better worry about not coaching like Dick Jauron in games and play to win instead of to not lose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Possibly, but he also insinuated that the receivers weren't getting open and that's why we traded a 1st for a bonafide #1 WR.

• Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

10 minutes ago, Down and Out said:

Its year 3, the training wheels should be off, but Allen was hardly the only reason we lost that game.  I seem to remember our defense taking flyer on air tackles and letting Watson run around and buying time to score the go ahead.  Yes Allen looked silly at times but then so did the whole fucking team.

Not to mention going to prevent defense while they had the QB rattled. 

I can remember some piss poor 3 Gore, Gore, Gore series as well. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Down and Out said:

Coaching / Play Calling as well.

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

Possibly, but he also insinuated that the receivers weren't getting open and that's why we traded a 1st for a bonafide #1 WR.

Can you link me? I didn’t see that.

39 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Can you link me? I didn’t see that.

well considering Sackman said insinuate, it means it was hinted at in an indirect way.

He can probably link you some eyeballs though lol, any team that spends a 1st on a WR is saying that the team needs to improve the position.

In the meantime you can link us where McBeane said, as you put in quotes, suggesting exact and direct speech -  “we will go as far as the QB let’s us”

• Like 1

What if Duke Williams holds on to that perfect pass in the end zone?

We aren't having this stupid conversation.

And to blow a 16-0 lead in a playoff game it takes a team effort, not just the QB.

Allen made some dumb plays, but so did most of the team to allow Houston to come back.

Also, if someone actually blocks Cunningham in OT, we are not having this conversation either.

• Like 1

Josh played fine for his first playoff game away.  We've seen hall of famers do worse in the playoffs.

How many negative Josh Allen threads can Lit make? He claims to be a Buffalo Bills fan and claims he buys Allen jerseys but goes out of his way to be negative every opportunity he gets.

I just wanted to add profootballtalk is run by a gossip monger man in Florio who makes click bait articles to get more attention for his garbage website.

A football game is not won or lost by one play, there are a number of players through out the game that can win or lose you a game.

Siran Neal and Matt Milano missed tackles on Watson was a big play. Anther big play Duke Williams dropping a TD in the endzone that was placed in a tight window by Allen.

Did Milano and Neal not have the responsibility of wrapping up Watson and not letting him complete a big conversion? Did Duke Williams not have the responsibility of catching the TD?

Anther shity thread by Lit.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

5 hours ago, Sucked In Again said:

Coaching / Play Calling as well.

Daboll had terrible play calling in the 2nd half and in overtime. Daboll refuses to get the ball in Singletary's hands but in Lit's mind Daboll is perfect and never makes any mistakes.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

6 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

The reason why Beane traded for Diggs is because of how terrible Williams and McKenzie were and how much they under performed.

Daboll uses a lot of 11 personal, so you  have to have 3 quality WR's. Diggs is just a little bit better than Williams and McKenzie.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

6 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Along with Beane’s comments that the passing game needs to improve, it seems that management is no longer taking a kid-friendly approach with Josh.

For the last 2 years it was “The QB is only 1/11th of the team on the field”.

Now it’s “we will go as far as the QB let’s us”.

I guess it's Allen's fault Duke Williams had 4 catches on 10 targets and dropped a TD in the endzone.

I guess it's also Allen's fault that Siran and Milano couldn't wrap up Watson on a blitz that resulted in a game changing play.

I guess it's also Allen's fault for Daboll have a brain fart have having absolutely terrible play calling in the 2nd half and in over time.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

All the players and coaches believe in Allen. Beane doesn't trade for Diggs if he doesn't believe in Allen. 

Listen to what the Center Morse says about Allen who made a big play converted a fumble snap:

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

opie and the bean upgraded the offense, especially at wr, everywhere except oline - which should just be naturally better with a second season of continuuity. josh has an embarrassment of riches to work with now, and has been given two years of hands on coaching from multiple sources, including two seasons of starting

offense was the weak link of the team last couple of years. so of course all the focus is going to turn to the project qb that they have been investing heavily in the last two years. just as a natural progression of the situation, there is no where left for josh to hide. opie knows this and figures why not put the cards on the table. express confidence in what josh has accomplished, the impressive improvements he has made, and move on to stating what everybody already knows, which is now is the time for josh to make all of that pay off. nobody has to tell josh that this is the situation, so why not just expose the rhino in the room and state exactly where the lynchpin is now

i dont think it expresses any lack of confidence in josh, i dont think hes trying to light a fire under josh, i think hes just saying the blatantly obvious to get it out there and not waste any time pretending otherwise

• Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Cole Beasley and Jon Feliciano talking about the toughness and leadership of Allen:

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Allen plays with heart and with out any concern for his body. If your QB is going to play with that type of toughness it is going to rub off on the rest of the offense and the team.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Duke Williams dropping the TD and under performing in the playoff game is the reason why Beane traded for Diggs and drafted Davis and Hodgins.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

A good QB helps you win games you had no business winning. As a rookie Allen helped his team a +16.5 road under dog get a huge upset win versus the heavy favorite Vikings team.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

It wasn't Allen that called  4th quarter and OT plays like we were running a two-minute offense the entire time.  Allen didn't give up two straight TDs and two 2-pt conversions either.

• Thanks 1