Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

Gov. Andrew Cuomo Had the Worst Response to the Crisis of Any Governor in America

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, StraightJ said:

I don't know about you, but I found that rather disturbing(i even took the time to cleanse the quote of it lol).  I was happy just imaging him as that avatar....so were you intent on traumatizing folks? If so, I think on that level I can commend your handiwork.  I know youre not a man of the Bible but youve quoted enough ...nevermind, I looked it up myself.   Psalms 101:3, KJV.  First part at least, if not all.  Yikes man!

Actually, if you scroll uip from that filthy meme, the next picture you see above it bears at least a slight resemblence in my opinion, maybe due to the face he's making.  Then again, I didnt want to look at the meme any longer than I had to, so I'm not sure. :)

It was a take on, “Youve been punk’d” or whatever that stupid prank show was. Nothing filthy meant. Keep your mind out of the gutter. You seem to have this terrible problem with anything that could be considered sexual. Have you ever talked to a professional about it? Lighten up dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StraightJ said:

Be careful, you might trigger true believers like Meathead and the others who bought into these lies, that any 2 bit hacker knows are not founded in reality.  Nobody leaves their "fingerprints" so blatantly on their work.  It's common practice to purposefully insert those of someone else, especially if it's a high level operative doing the deed.

The funny thing is that he calls me a "true believer" but has fallen for every bogus MSM story out there so I guess that makes him Mr. Gullible.

  • Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jc856 said:

It was a take on, “Youve been punk’d” or whatever that stupid prank show was. Nothing filthy meant. Keep your mind out of the gutter. You seem to have this terrible problem with anything that could be considered sexual. Have you ever talked to a professional about it? Lighten up dude.

(To be clear and hopefully avoid any further misundestandings/outbursts/accusations on your part, I am taking the effort to let you know I was calm and in a good mood throughout this response, albeit maybe assertive in a couple of spots, and actually felt some genuine humor more than once at your puzzling non sequitur!  I sincerely would be interested in finding out the thought process behind that!  In the past after such things, Ive shown I could respond quite differently)

Huh?  *I* didn't mention anything sexual, not even once in that post, but you did....and did so twice.   It appears as though you are projecting yourself onto me, and/or exhibiting hypocrisy.  That's a lot in a short post!  I clearly asked if you were intent on traumatizing folks, and if so, I commended you because it was successful :)

I'm not familiar with that show at all, and that part is fine.  I was just busting your chops, and was not upset at all.  Now that you've somehow turned this into matters of perversion and then accused me of being the one doing what you in fact did(man, that's becoming quite a pattern on here, and I do not mean just with you....the whole crying out in pain as "you"(not necessarily you as in jc, although this is 1 example of such) kick the person.  I don't want to make a big deal out of this, as I said I was busting your chops, and because I know how you tend to suddenly get agitated when you misunderstand things, I took the extra steps to show I was joking with a smiley face in one spot, and a "lol" in another, in a relatively short post.  It was lighthearted, kind of a George Costanza bit of melodrama(and actually on the milder end of for George, lol).  While I may have initially been disgusted by whatever that thing was, in my reply to you I was having fun with some mild melodrama, and seeing the humor through the expression.  I try to stay like that because humor can improve health in general, and the immune system specifically:  https://www.laughteronlineuniversity.com/laughter-immune-system/  

As I noted, I didn't even look at the meme other than briefly, because I sincerely did find it repulsive to look at.  I wasn't berating you then, and am not now, but am explaining I was being sincere about the visceral reaction I had to it.  And no, it's not like that with all pigs, as I joked before I fins Pigworth's avatar fine, and actually kind of like it.  

You write, "terrible problem with anything that could be considered sexual".  WTF?!?!?  I don't know where you live or how you were raised, but who could ever consider a pig sexual?!?(or an extremely disgusting looking human for that matter??).   Look, even after your outburst and accusing me of something you clearly did, I am still have no intent to judge your lifestyle, even if you were to tell me some stuff others might consider very taboo, Daryl decreed long ago that this was a safe space.  Back to the "terrible problem" with anything that could be considered sexual, that is also a lie which I will illustrate with an example from I believe yesterday.  Someone made a thread with the words "small orgy" in the title(that's not "considered" sexual, it IS sexual lol!.....and not only did I have no problem with it(let alone terrible lol) I was openly amused by it!  I even mentioned again later that I was amused by that combination of words and was grateful for the humor in these troubling times.

Been trying to stay awake here....hope my typing and overall grammar was accepaible.  I don't know how in the world you turned my observation that the ugly meme seemed to have a slight resemblence to that photo of Cuomo I just saw, into something sexual in your mind, but whatever the reason, it sounds pretty clear that you would be the one in need of speaking with a professional if anyone does.

I think you simply had a misundstanding, and I invite you to re-read my previous post and figure out how you took something about a resemblence to a photo of Cumo as being sexual, but I'd be willing to forgive you and let lt go if you made a simple but clearly sincere apology I don't want a beef, and actually put a good deal of effort into successfully shutting down a fight between 2 other members earlier tonight, and seeing them get along afterward feels quite good!  It's my intent to stay in that spirit, and avoid wherever this could have went.  I hope you're feeling better by the time you read this.  If not, maybe have a single beer, and pretend I bought it for you, and maybe slid it down the bar like in the old West, the days of yore.  :beer:


"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

 

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

 

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

 

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

 

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jc856 said:

Ok.

Yeah, I went to the judges and as suspected that was rejected as a sincere apology.  Not sure I should have expected any better though, lol.


"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

 

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

 

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

 

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

 

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, StraightJ said:

Yeah, I went to the judges and as suspected that was rejected as a sincere apology.  Not sure I should have expected any better though, lol.

It wasn’t meant to be an apology. More like, ok whatever. I would have meme’d it, and the picture might have lent you some idea of what I meant, but alas, you don’t appreciate my memes. C’est la vie...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cuomo: We will not reopen until Trump gives me more money!

 

Cuomo.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cuomo Never Ran a Business and It Shows

 

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is tweeting out of both sides of his mouth. On the one hand, he’s congratulating New Yorkers for “bending the curve” of coronavirus cases.

That was supposed to be the purpose of lockdowns — two weeks to “flatten the curve.” That was how many weeks ago now?

On the other hand:

Most New Yorkers will have to continue staying at home until May 28 to keep the novel coronavirus from spreading, unless they meet benchmarks set by the state, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said Thursday night.

The only parts of the state this extension does not apply to are upstate areas that already hit the benchmarks gauging whether it is safe to restart a few selected industries, including manufacturing and construction.

At least some parts of New York are getting their freedoms back in baby steps.

But Gov. Cuomo is also threatening businesses with a mind-bogglingly dumb idea:

I'm proposing the Americans First Law: If a corporation does not rehire the same number of employees, they must return any COVID funds received.

— Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) May 12, 2020

Many of the companies he shut down are not coming back at all. They are gone. The whole country is awash in corporate bankruptcies.

Those that survive will have lost substantial revenue. Demand will not rebound to pre-pandemic levels for a long time. We’re at least 30% off pre-pandemic demand now, probably more. Reopening will not just snap everything back into place. Survivor companies will have to operate at some restricted level. This will also cost them revenue. They will not be able to afford to rehire every single worker they had before the pandemic, unfortunately. Economics just doesn’t work that way.

As one tweeter replied, only someone who has never run a business would come up with an idea like this.

This is exactly what someone who never ran a business would say.

— JustASlice (@AmericanAsPie) May 12, 2020

Is this as criminally dumb as his idea to tax the volunteers who put their lives on the line to help New Yorkers suffering from the pandemic? It’s certainly right up there with it.

But Cuomo’s worst idea remains the one that got nearly 2,000 elderly New Yorkers killed in nursing homes.

 


Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FanBack said:

If you dissect the economic/government policies of Andrew Cuomo, he is a National Socialist.  A Nazi, if you will.  That can connotate to the atrocities of the Third Reich, which is unfair.  However I am accurate in identifying the underlying political system that informs his world view.

Much like some people on this board.  Makes me feel like Captain America.

Let's play a matching game.   Match the poster on the left with his Captain America villain doppelganger:

1)  HipKat                                             A)  Baron Zemo

2)  Kelly's Heroes                                B)  Hatemonger

3)  Professor Pigworth                      C)  Baron Blood

4)  212 Frawk                                      D)  Warrior Woman

5)  JungleSouljah                               E)  The Red Skull

Nah, you got it all wrong. You're giving them too much credit. It's more like -

15 Worst Captain America Villains Of All Time

Marvel-Comics-Flag-Smasher.jpg?q=50&fit=


Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course, Cuomo is saying this now because he could be liable for all of those elderly people he sent to senior care facilities and the blood of the Golden Agers is now on his hands among other things.

Andrew Cuomo: ‘Nobody’ Should Be Prosecuted for NY Virus Deaths

 

Cuomo made the remark in response to a reporter’s question regarding the mounting death toll in his state’s nursing homes and the need for accountability.

“We lost 139 people yesterday in hospitals. Who is accountable for those 139 deaths? How do we get justice for those families who had 139 deaths? What is justice? Who can we prosecute for those 139 deaths? Nobody,” Cuomo replied.

“Despite whatever you do, because with all our progress as a society, we can’t keep everyone alive,” the governor said.

But now Emperor Cuomo is happy and starting to open up the state because the new "The Heroes Act" (H.R. 6800) being pushed by the House repeals the SALT tax AND gives NY up to $100 billion dollars with a big fat B in front of it. You can skim through it at your leisure below but it's got a lot of pork and I'm not certain that it will pass anyway.

H.R. 6800 "The Heroes Act"

 


Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

Of course, Cuomo is saying this now because he could be liable for all of those elderly people he sent to senior care facilities and the blood of the Golden Agers is now on his hands among other things.

Andrew Cuomo: ‘Nobody’ Should Be Prosecuted for NY Virus Deaths

Cuomo made the remark in response to a reporter’s question regarding the mounting death toll in his state’s nursing homes and the need for accountability.

“We lost 139 people yesterday in hospitals. Who is accountable for those 139 deaths? How do we get justice for those families who had 139 deaths? What is justice? Who can we prosecute for those 139 deaths? Nobody,” Cuomo replied.

“Despite whatever you do, because with all our progress as a society, we can’t keep everyone alive,” the governor said.

But now Emperor Cuomo is happy and starting to open up the state because the new "The Heroes Act" (H.R. 6800) being pushed by the House repeals the SALT tax AND gives NY up to $100 billion dollars with a big fat B in front of it. You can skim through it at your leisure below but it's got a lot of pork and I'm not certain that it will pass anyway.

H.R. 6800 "The Heroes Act"

 I hope it doesn't pass, that asshole Cuomo does not deserve 100 billion dollars. He'll piss it away in no time and be crying for more.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crinoline said:

 I hope it doesn't pass, that asshole Cuomo does not deserve 100 billion dollars. He'll piss it away in no time and be crying for more.

Totally agree, you should see some of where the millions are going to, here's a sample:

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) – $100 million for Fishery Disaster Assistance for tribal, subsistence, commercial, and charter fishery participants, in response to economic injury precipitated by the coronavirus.

Department of Commerce, Office of Inspector General – $1 million for auditing and oversight of supplemental funds provided to the Commerce Department in the earlier CARES Act and this Act.

Bureau of Prisons – $200 million to prevent, prepare for, and respond to coronavirus in Federal prisons, including funding for medical testing and services, personal protective equipment, hygiene supplies and services, and sanitation services

Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) programs – $100 million, with a waiver of the local match requirement, including $30 million for grants to combat violence against women, $15 million for transitional housing assistance grants, $15 million for sexual assault victims assistance, $10 million for rural domestic violence and child abuse enforcement assistance, $10 million for legal assistance for victims, $4 million for assistance to tribal governments, and $16 million to support families in the justice system.

  • Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 9:14 PM, Crinoline said:

Governor Cuomo, "I want to watch the Bills".

cuomo-bills.jpg

The redhead in your picture looks like my mother when she was young.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More and more people are joining the party, now even the Left leaning outlets are diving into the pool. They still get their potshots in on Trump but it's bad when one of their icons is also getting put on the hot seat.

Andrew Cuomo is no hero. He's to blame for New York's coronavirus catastrophe: His record was terrible before coronavirus, but his abysmal handling of the crisis should get him thrown out of office

 

Andrew Cuomo may be the most popular politician in the country. His approval ratings have hit all-time highs thanks to his Covid-19 response. Some Democrats have discussed him as a possible replacement for Joe Biden, due to Biden’s perceived weakness as a nominee. And there have even been some unfortunate tributes to Cuomo’s alleged sex appeal.

All of which is bizarre, because Cuomo should be one of the most loathed officials in America right now. ProPublica recently released a report outlining catastrophic missteps by Cuomo and the New York City mayor, Bill de Blasio, which probably resulted in many thousands of needless coronavirus cases. ProPublica offers some appalling numbers contrasting what happened in New York with the outbreak in California. By mid-May, New York City alone had almost 20,000 deaths, while in San Francisco there had been only 35, and New York state as a whole suffered 10 times as many deaths as California.


Federal failures played a role, of course, but this tragedy was absolutely due, in part, to decisions by the governor. Cuomo initially “reacted to De Blasio’s idea for closing down New York City with derision”, saying it “was dangerous” and “served only to scare people”. He said the “seasonal flu was a graver worry”. A spokesperson for Cuomo “refused to say if the governor had ever read the state’s pandemic plan”. Later, Cuomo would blame the press, including the New York Times for failing to say “Be careful, there’s a virus in China that may be in the United States?” even though the Times wrote nearly 500 stories on the virus before the state acted. Experts told ProPublica that “had New York imposed its extreme social distancing measures a week or two earlier, the death toll might have been cut by half or more”.

But delay was not the only screw-up. Elderly prisoners have died of coronavirus because New York has failed to act on their medical parole requests. As Business Insider documented:

“Testing was slow. Nonprofit social-service agencies that serve the most vulnerable couldn’t get answers either. And medical experts like the former CDC director Tom Frieden said ‘so many deaths could have been prevented’ had New York issued its stay-at-home order just ‘days earlier’ than it did. On March 19, when New York’s schools had already been closed, Cuomo said ‘in many ways, the fear is more dangerous than the virus.’”

The governor has failed to take responsibility for the obvious failures, consistently blaming others and at one point even saying “governors don’t do pandemics”. (Actually, some governors just don’t read their state’s pandemic plans.) But much of the press has ignored this, focusing instead on Cuomo’s aesthetic presentation: his poise during press conferences, his dramatic statements about “taking responsibility” (even when he obviously hasn’t), and his invisible good looks.


The mask mural is yet another publicity stunt mistaken by the press as a sign of leadership. On 29 April, Cuomo unveiled a wall of handmade cloth masks that had been sent to his office by concerned citizens all over America. He called it “a self-portrait of America. You know what that spells? It spells love.” Since the arrangement of masks doesn’t form words, the mural doesn’t actually spell anything, but it is a perfect symbol of Cuomo’s leadership failures. Handmade cloth face coverings are not as effective as N95 masks, of course, but if unsuitable for healthcare workers they would still have been perfectly appropriate to distribute to New Yorkers (some of whom have been brutally arrested for not wearing masks). But Cuomo, rather than putting the needs of New Yorkers first, chose to tack hundreds of cloth masks on a wall as a monument to himself.

Cuomo’s record was shameful long before coronavirus began. He enabled the IDC (Independent Democratic Conference), a group of conservative Democratic state lawmakers, in allying with the Republican minority to block progressive legislation. (Cuomo denies any role in the IDC, but that stretches credulity.) Before the pandemic, he pushed through Medicaid cuts which shut down necessary hospital space in the name of “efficiency” despite the warnings of medical professionals. And on 3 April, as 3,000 New Yorkers already lay dead from the virus and hospitals like Elmhurst in Queens were overwhelmed with cases, Cuomo forced through further Medicaid cuts, slashing $400m from hospital budgets.

As the state now staggers to its feet, Cuomo has partnered with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to “reimagine education” (which almost certainly means privatization), and with the ex-Google chief Eric Schmidt to – as Naomi Klein puts it – “permanently integrat[e] technology into every aspect of civic life”. All of this has happened without the democratic input of New Yorkers, who would likely prefer that the progressive legislators they elected could govern without interference, that their hospitals have enough money to function and that billionaires don’t infiltrate and control every element of civic life.

There’s something disturbing about Cuomo being hailed as the hero of the pandemic when he should rightly be one of the villains. As Business Insider notes, he is now only able to attain praise for his actions because his earlier failures made those actions necessary. He’s lauded for addressing a problem that he himself partly caused. Of course, part of this is because Donald Trump has bungled the coronavirus response even more badly, so that Cuomo – by not being a complete buffoon – looks like a capable statesman by contrast. But this is the problem: for too long, Democrats have measured their politicians by “whether they are better than Republicans”. This sets the bar very low indeed, and means that Democrats end up settling for incompetent and amoral leaders who betray progressive values again and again

 


Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New York’s nursing home horrors are even worse than you think

 

Patricia Castillo remembers when the Newfane Rehab and Health Care Center, where her mother lived, notified her that a patient had just been admitted from a nearby Niagara County hospital with COVID-19.

Jill Sawyer, whose father lived at the same nursing home, remembers getting notified, too. “It was just a death sentence,” said Sawyer. The virus raced through Newfane, killing Castillo’s mother and Sawyer’s father and 24 other residents.

“My father was only 70 years old,” Sawyer sighs, and he was still “shuffling around and calling me 20 times a day.” Now, she says the phone doesn’t ring and she misses that.

COVID-19 has killed at least 11,000 to 12,000 nursing-home and assisted-living residents in New York, nearly double what the state admits to. And as the deaths mount, so have the lies and cover-ups.

The carnage started in March, when hospitals inundated with COVID-19 patients insisted on clearing out elderly patients, even if they were still infected, and sending them to whatever nursing homes had empty beds. To swing that, they had to get rid of a safety regulation requiring patients to test negative twice for COVID-19 before being placed in a home. The state Health Department willingly complied.

On March 25, Gov. Cuomo’s Health Department mandated that nursing homes had to accept COVID patients and barred requiring any COVID tests for admission. Facilities like Newfane had to fly blind, not knowing which incoming patients had it.

The American Health Care Association called it a “recipe for disaster.” The Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths urged Cuomo to change course.

Instead, New York’s health commissioner, Howard Zucker, began fudging the death statistics, which concealed the consequences: Until late April, New York had reported all nursing-home residents who died from COVID-19, whether they died at the home or after being hospitalized. That’s standard. But as the toll soared, the state quietly shifted to reporting only deaths at the homes. That reduced the number to 6,062 — terrible but only half the truth.

The reality is, at least another 17,000 elder-care patients with COVID-19 were sent to hospitals, and an estimated 5,000 to 7,000 of them have died, with death rates highest for those on ventilators, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association’s mortality rates.

Bottom line: 11,000 to 12,000 nursing-home and assisted-living residents have died from COVID-19, half of all the virus deaths statewide.

The health-care think tank American Commitment also pegs the deaths at 12,000.

That awful death toll didn’t have to happen. It’s six times the number of nursing-home fatalities as in Florida or California, both more populous states.

Cuomo also tried to shift the blame to President Trump, pointing to a Trump administration statement issued on March 13. But the Cuomo administration is twisting it. The statement recommended nursing homes admit patients even if they were coming from a hospital battling COVID-19, not that patients with COVID-19 themselves had to be admitted.

In fact, on March 18, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention cautioned against allowing COVID-19 to invade a nursing home, warning that “it has the potential to result in high attack rates among residents, staff members and visitors.”

Cuomo’s “attempt to deflect blame onto the president sickens me,” says Castillo.


New York stuck with its deadly policy until May 10, way too long. Why? Because it wasn’t a mistake. It was a sell-out.

The hospital industry’s lobbying organization, the Greater New York Hospital Association, is a mega-donor to the state Democratic Party’s housekeeping committee, which helps elect Cuomo. It gave over $1 million in 2018. The hospital industry holds more sway in Albany than real estate or Wall Street.

No wonder Cuomo’s Health Department does the industry’s bidding.

Castillo is pained that her mother had to die alone, “isolated from those who loved her.” She hopes someone will “hold the governor’s feet to the fire.”

At the least, New Yorkers should demand a health department that protects the vulnerable instead of catering to political donors.

Betsy McCaughey is a former lieutenant governor of New York, the chairwoman of the Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths and author of the forthcoming book “The Next Pandemic.”

 


Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2020 at 9:55 PM, SackMan518 said:

New York’s nursing home horrors are even worse than you think

Patricia Castillo remembers when the Newfane Rehab and Health Care Center, where her mother lived, notified her that a patient had just been admitted from a nearby Niagara County hospital with COVID-19.

Jill Sawyer, whose father lived at the same nursing home, remembers getting notified, too. “It was just a death sentence,” said Sawyer. The virus raced through Newfane, killing Castillo’s mother and Sawyer’s father and 24 other residents.

“My father was only 70 years old,” Sawyer sighs, and he was still “shuffling around and calling me 20 times a day.” Now, she says the phone doesn’t ring and she misses that.

COVID-19 has killed at least 11,000 to 12,000 nursing-home and assisted-living residents in New York, nearly double what the state admits to. And as the deaths mount, so have the lies and cover-ups.

The carnage started in March, when hospitals inundated with COVID-19 patients insisted on clearing out elderly patients, even if they were still infected, and sending them to whatever nursing homes had empty beds. To swing that, they had to get rid of a safety regulation requiring patients to test negative twice for COVID-19 before being placed in a home. The state Health Department willingly complied.

On March 25, Gov. Cuomo’s Health Department mandated that nursing homes had to accept COVID patients and barred requiring any COVID tests for admission. Facilities like Newfane had to fly blind, not knowing which incoming patients had it.

The American Health Care Association called it a “recipe for disaster.” The Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths urged Cuomo to change course.

Instead, New York’s health commissioner, Howard Zucker, began fudging the death statistics, which concealed the consequences: Until late April, New York had reported all nursing-home residents who died from COVID-19, whether they died at the home or after being hospitalized. That’s standard. But as the toll soared, the state quietly shifted to reporting only deaths at the homes. That reduced the number to 6,062 — terrible but only half the truth.

The reality is, at least another 17,000 elder-care patients with COVID-19 were sent to hospitals, and an estimated 5,000 to 7,000 of them have died, with death rates highest for those on ventilators, according to the Journal of the American Medical Association’s mortality rates.

Bottom line: 11,000 to 12,000 nursing-home and assisted-living residents have died from COVID-19, half of all the virus deaths statewide.

The health-care think tank American Commitment also pegs the deaths at 12,000.

That awful death toll didn’t have to happen. It’s six times the number of nursing-home fatalities as in Florida or California, both more populous states.

Cuomo also tried to shift the blame to President Trump, pointing to a Trump administration statement issued on March 13. But the Cuomo administration is twisting it. The statement recommended nursing homes admit patients even if they were coming from a hospital battling COVID-19, not that patients with COVID-19 themselves had to be admitted.

In fact, on March 18, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention cautioned against allowing COVID-19 to invade a nursing home, warning that “it has the potential to result in high attack rates among residents, staff members and visitors.”

Cuomo’s “attempt to deflect blame onto the president sickens me,” says Castillo.


New York stuck with its deadly policy until May 10, way too long. Why? Because it wasn’t a mistake. It was a sell-out.

The hospital industry’s lobbying organization, the Greater New York Hospital Association, is a mega-donor to the state Democratic Party’s housekeeping committee, which helps elect Cuomo. It gave over $1 million in 2018. The hospital industry holds more sway in Albany than real estate or Wall Street.

No wonder Cuomo’s Health Department does the industry’s bidding.

Castillo is pained that her mother had to die alone, “isolated from those who loved her.” She hopes someone will “hold the governor’s feet to the fire.”

At the least, New Yorkers should demand a health department that protects the vulnerable instead of catering to political donors.

Betsy McCaughey is a former lieutenant governor of New York, the chairwoman of the Committee to Reduce Infection Deaths and author of the forthcoming book “The Next Pandemic.”

 

 

So they shipped the elderly out to die; THIS is the Universal Healthcare ideal.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 4:14 PM, SackMan518 said:

Totally agree, Cuomo severely dropped the ball on this starting when he wanted to fly in hundreds of people from foreign countries with no quarantine plan in place. Then throw in the fact that he was far short on ventilators and knew about it in 2015 and his $6.1B deficit for 2020 and you have a giant clown in the making.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo Had the Worst Response to the Crisis of Any Governor in America

The press has been gushing about the performance of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo for weeks. The media often compares Cuomo’s “decisive” response to the coronavirus pandemic to the president, and guess who always wins?

Whether it’s good PR from the governor’s office or just the media worshipping a liberal who says mean things about Donald Trump, it hardly matters. What matters is results. And in that department, Andrew Cuomo has been a miserable failure — using several metrics.

And it’s not just the numbers. The panicky, sometimes hysterical New York governor began whining about the federal government (specifically the president) not doing anything to help the states with getting medical supplies. Back in March, he kept saying he needed 30-40,000 ventilators. And when Trump pointed out that was silly, he accused the president of being an unfeeling monster.

National Review:

“I have a feeling that a lot of the numbers that are being said in some areas are just bigger than they’re going to be,” Trump said on March 27. “I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators,” he added, referring to Cuomo’s estimate for New York state. Cuomo and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and others said they had “facts” on their side.

By the middle of April, New York was sending ventilators to other states.

But the number of deaths in New York from the coronavirus is what condemns Cuomo and marks him as incompetent.

As of yesterday, New York had experienced 18,610 deaths, nearly 30 percent of the total number of deaths out of 64,406 in the United States. Yes, New York has a high population density, but so does California. And the Golden State has twice as many people and only 2,135 deaths.

Even high population density states on the East Coast are doing better than New York. Pennsylvania, for instance, has two-thirds the population of New York and a similar population density (New York’s is 358 people per square mile, Pennsylvania’s 278 per square mile), but the Keystone State only has 2,418 deaths. It’s not population density that’s contributed to the coronavirus tragedy in New York. It’s bad governance.

This is “competence”? This is “decisiveness”?

Cuomo didn’t lock down the state until March 20 — not until there were nearly 3,000 cases of COVID-19 in the state. Nobody recalls Cuomo arguing with New York Mayor Bill de Blasio over who had the authority to close the schools after most major cities had already shuttered the schools. Meanwhile, New Yorkers were getting sick and many eventually died.

Then there are the nursing homes. Yesterday, they found 100 dead bodies in a Brooklyn nursing home. And fingers are pointing at Cuomo’s policies. Former Governor George Pataki made it clear whose fault it was.

New York Post:

Former Gov. George Pataki slammed Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s nursing home policies during the coronavirus pandemic as a “disaster” that may have unnecessarily caused the deaths of “thousands” of vulnerable elderly residents.

In a rare swipe at his successor Friday night, Pataki called for an independent probe “so this never happens again.”

Pataki said the state Health Department should never have issued an edict requiring nursing homes to accept coronavirus virus patients into nursing home facilities filled with sick, elderly patients — the population most at risk from the killer COVID-19 bug.

Cuomo’s order came when he was panicking about a possible lack of hospital beds.

Compounding the misguided policy, Pataki said, is that the nursing homes lacked the personal protective equipment or testing capability to isolate and contain the spread of COVID-19.

Pataki also said he was dumbfounded as to why infected patients were sent to nursing homes instead of “hundreds of unused beds” at the two temporary hospitals at the Javits Center and the Navy’s USNS Comfort hospital ship.

The Navy hospital ship Comfort left the dock this past week after treating few patients.

“Gov. Cuomo’s handling of the nursing homes has been a disaster,” said Pataki.“Thousands of people [sic] lives might not have been lost except for these tragic policies.”

The same might be said of Cuomo’s handling of the entire crisis.

Cuomo’s panicky orders resulted in wasted resources and incompetent management.

Fox News:

In addition to a bevy of state orders, Gov. Andrew Cuomo made desperate overtures to the federal government to step in. In response, and in record time, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers scrambled to erect at least four field hospitals, and the Navy deployed its USNS Comfort hospital ship to Manhattan.

However, those efforts – and the many millions of dollars spent on them – have largely been deemed a waste, even as New York has battled a soaring a death toll and is maintaining stay-at-home orders.

One of those field hospitals in the 2500-bed Javits Center treated about 1,000 patients over the month it was operational.

Maybe it would be a godsend for the Democrats to dump Joe Biden from the ticket and acclaim Andrew Cuomo their nominee for president. The myth of Cuomo’s superior crisis management would be exposed in short order, leading to an easy Trump victory.

Andrew-Cuomo-640x480.png

Trump had the worse response to the pandemic crisis and civil unrest that broke out after the police killed George Floyd.


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2020 at 1:14 PM, SackMan518 said:

Totally agree, Cuomo severely dropped the ball on this starting when he wanted to fly in hundreds of people from foreign countries with no quarantine plan in place. Then throw in the fact that he was far short on ventilators and knew about it in 2015 and his $6.1B deficit for 2020 and you have a giant clown in the making.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo Had the Worst Response to the Crisis of Any Governor in America

The press has been gushing about the performance of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo for weeks. The media often compares Cuomo’s “decisive” response to the coronavirus pandemic to the president, and guess who always wins?

Whether it’s good PR from the governor’s office or just the media worshipping a liberal who says mean things about Donald Trump, it hardly matters. What matters is results. And in that department, Andrew Cuomo has been a miserable failure — using several metrics.

And it’s not just the numbers. The panicky, sometimes hysterical New York governor began whining about the federal government (specifically the president) not doing anything to help the states with getting medical supplies. Back in March, he kept saying he needed 30-40,000 ventilators. And when Trump pointed out that was silly, he accused the president of being an unfeeling monster.

National Review:

“I have a feeling that a lot of the numbers that are being said in some areas are just bigger than they’re going to be,” Trump said on March 27. “I don’t believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators,” he added, referring to Cuomo’s estimate for New York state. Cuomo and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and others said they had “facts” on their side.

By the middle of April, New York was sending ventilators to other states.

But the number of deaths in New York from the coronavirus is what condemns Cuomo and marks him as incompetent.

As of yesterday, New York had experienced 18,610 deaths, nearly 30 percent of the total number of deaths out of 64,406 in the United States. Yes, New York has a high population density, but so does California. And the Golden State has twice as many people and only 2,135 deaths.

Even high population density states on the East Coast are doing better than New York. Pennsylvania, for instance, has two-thirds the population of New York and a similar population density (New York’s is 358 people per square mile, Pennsylvania’s 278 per square mile), but the Keystone State only has 2,418 deaths. It’s not population density that’s contributed to the coronavirus tragedy in New York. It’s bad governance.

This is “competence”? This is “decisiveness”?

Cuomo didn’t lock down the state until March 20 — not until there were nearly 3,000 cases of COVID-19 in the state. Nobody recalls Cuomo arguing with New York Mayor Bill de Blasio over who had the authority to close the schools after most major cities had already shuttered the schools. Meanwhile, New Yorkers were getting sick and many eventually died.

Then there are the nursing homes. Yesterday, they found 100 dead bodies in a Brooklyn nursing home. And fingers are pointing at Cuomo’s policies. Former Governor George Pataki made it clear whose fault it was.

New York Post:

Former Gov. George Pataki slammed Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s nursing home policies during the coronavirus pandemic as a “disaster” that may have unnecessarily caused the deaths of “thousands” of vulnerable elderly residents.

In a rare swipe at his successor Friday night, Pataki called for an independent probe “so this never happens again.”

Pataki said the state Health Department should never have issued an edict requiring nursing homes to accept coronavirus virus patients into nursing home facilities filled with sick, elderly patients — the population most at risk from the killer COVID-19 bug.

Cuomo’s order came when he was panicking about a possible lack of hospital beds.

Compounding the misguided policy, Pataki said, is that the nursing homes lacked the personal protective equipment or testing capability to isolate and contain the spread of COVID-19.

Pataki also said he was dumbfounded as to why infected patients were sent to nursing homes instead of “hundreds of unused beds” at the two temporary hospitals at the Javits Center and the Navy’s USNS Comfort hospital ship.

The Navy hospital ship Comfort left the dock this past week after treating few patients.

“Gov. Cuomo’s handling of the nursing homes has been a disaster,” said Pataki.“Thousands of people [sic] lives might not have been lost except for these tragic policies.”

The same might be said of Cuomo’s handling of the entire crisis.

Cuomo’s panicky orders resulted in wasted resources and incompetent management.

Fox News:

In addition to a bevy of state orders, Gov. Andrew Cuomo made desperate overtures to the federal government to step in. In response, and in record time, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers scrambled to erect at least four field hospitals, and the Navy deployed its USNS Comfort hospital ship to Manhattan.

However, those efforts – and the many millions of dollars spent on them – have largely been deemed a waste, even as New York has battled a soaring a death toll and is maintaining stay-at-home orders.

One of those field hospitals in the 2500-bed Javits Center treated about 1,000 patients over the month it was operational.

Maybe it would be a godsend for the Democrats to dump Joe Biden from the ticket and acclaim Andrew Cuomo their nominee for president. The myth of Cuomo’s superior crisis management would be exposed in short order, leading to an easy Trump victory.

Andrew-Cuomo-640x480.png

Good. Too long though..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This meme was about the virus. But they’ll be doing it again soon about the riots, I’m sure.

01F1EED4-EA72-427F-9B80-242878A8B46B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

After big protest and loot-fest in New York, Andrew Cuomo wonders why no one's listening to his lockdown orders anymore

 

Andrew Cuomo is upset.

Seems no one is listening anymore to the media-vaunted governor of New York.

 

Maybe that's because he squandered his authority on wokeness.  Mass protests and mass lootings, all excused in the name of "social justice," might just do that to ya.


"I believe this is a moment for national change and national reform," Governor Andrew Cuomo said during his daily press briefing on Thursday.

Governor Cuomo said the last few nights of protests over the murder of Floyd have been relatively peaceful.

"They're white people, they're African-American people, they're Latinos, they're young people," Cuomo said of protesters. "They're people who want change."

 

Never mind about those social-distancing rules, it seems.  He would be there to cover:

Cuomo also announced that the state would be expanding its coronavirus testing criteria so that anyone at the protests can get tested for the virus.

"If you have been at a protest, get a [coronavirus] test, please,” he said.

His authority was also undermined by his own failure to practice what he preaches:

 

Way to go, bozo.  Lead by example.

Worse still, he has a believability problem — there's his history of truly lethal pandemic orders from him in the name of "safety," such as seeding the nursing homes with returning COVID-19 patients when huge hospital ships stood by to take them, an executive order that cost 5,800 vulnerable people their lives.  Zero apology from him about that — it was all the nursing homes' fault.  Why should anyone pay attention to him on "safety" after an order like that?

There are other reasons for his lost authority — like selective enforcement of lockdowns, such as in Jewish communities, when bigger instances were taking place elsewhere.  Nor has his failure to remove incompetent Bill de Blasio as mayor, something he merely threatened to do and didn't.

And nice touch on being concerned about the bloody Mary–fests over in the preppie Hamptons and glittery Manhattan.  You can smell the fear.

Rest assured that Cuomo's not going to be bringing up the social distancing practices of Bed-Stuy, Brownsville, or the South Bronx, all of whose residents wouldn't dream of not socially distancing, or so his narrative goes. 

 

In any case, he's threatening the defund the police across New York state if they don't kowtow to his "wokeness" standards.  The NYPD already has some of the most woke standards in the country, and none of its officers was involved in the police brutality incident in Minneapolis; he was just blaming them all for it.  It's redolent of his threat to decertify nursing homes if they didn't take returning COVID-19 patients back into close quarters with the most vulnerable, a "mistake" that killed 5,800.  Whom exactly does he expect to enforce his neo-lockdown threat over in the Hamptons?

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo will sign an executive order Friday that will require local police departments to develop new policies for use of force, community policing and bias awareness, among other areas, or they will lose state funding, adding to the list of sweeping police reforms being enacted following weeks of protest.

Seems every last bow he makes to wokeness undercuts his authority on lockdowns.  Here's a sample of the general ratio-ing he got on Twitter:

You going to fine these protesters? https://t.co/TeOBF7tOyS

— Interracials for Trump 🇺🇸 (@sandyleevincent) June 14, 2020

But again... protesting without any regard to social distancing was perfectly allowed and advocated... https://t.co/5eT9A2Gtv8

— Joe Concha (@JoeConchaTV) June 15, 2020

My grandmother, a Holocaust survivor died alone, she had no family around her, she was afraid, but @NYGovCuomo and @BilldeBlasio wouldn’t allow her to be surrounded with family in her last moments.

But now those soulless thugs support thousands marching together in the streets.

— Reagan Battalion (@ReaganBattalion) June 15, 2020

Illegal for owners to open their businesses to make a living.
Totally fine to loot their businesses.

Illegal to attend church.
Totally fine to torch the church.

Sound about right => leftists' lunacy.

— Lacey Lance (@Asa789) June 14, 2020

How many complaints have you received regarding the violent looters? Or does NY have 25,000 Karen’s that only care about masks

— Stacey (@Marcio28Stacey) June 14, 2020

Looters? Schmooters. Who cares. They’re common and accepted! It’s those non-mask wearers that arę the Real danger to soceity.

— Erwin Schaub (@erwinschaub) June 15, 2020

In New York, it's the New York way to dismiss bee-essers and blowhards.  They even have a word for this kind of guy, a very recognizable one he fits to a tee: schmuck.

Take that act elsewhere, Andy.

 

 


Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...