Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

PFF: Should Bills replace Josh Allen with Dalton

LOL, you know what's funny Andy Dalton's playoff record of 0-4. In those 4 playoff games Dalton has thrown for 1 TD and 6 interceptions.

Andy Dalton lost his starting job to 4th round pick Ryan Finley  because the Bengals lost 8 straight games with Dalton as the starter. 

PFF is full of shit and they constantly make posts on twitter going after Allen, it's hilarious at this point.

Allen is a better starting QB than Andy Dalton right now and anyone arguing for Dalton to be Buffalo's starter hasn't seen Dalton play last year or Dalton choke in the playoffs.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

4 minutes ago, LIBills said:

For fuck sake.

And I thought that TBD was bad.

Are you surprised that Lit posted this in a shit posting thread?

• Haha 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Lit, do you believe that Dalton would be a better starter than Josh Allen?

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

7 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

I guess I shouldn't be.

47 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

What? I literally posted 0 opinion.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

43 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Lit, do you believe that Dalton would be a better starter than Josh Allen?

I posted yesterday that Dalton can be Allen’s backup...

Dalton should be the backup.  If they weren't worried about crushing Josh's psyche he woukd be brought in.

There is no reason Murphy shouldn't be cut and Dalton handed a 1 year 6M deal with incentives.

By all accounts this team is built to contend.  However that falls apart of Allen gets hurt or regresses.  There's no reason that responsibility should fall on to Matt Barkley's shoulders, assuming Dalton doesn't land a starting gig somewhere elsewhere.

As well Bills Mafia loves Dalton.  Dude ked us to the playoffs 3 years ago without ever taking a snap as a Bill.  He deserves a year long victory lap as the most loved guy in Buffalo.

• Thanks 2

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

1 hour ago, junglesouljah said:

LOL, you know what's funny Andy Dalton's playoff record of 0-4. In those 4 playoff games Dalton has thrown for 1 TD and 6 interceptions.

Andy Dalton lost his starting job to 4th round pick Ryan Finley  because the Bengals lost 8 straight games with Dalton as the starter. 

PFF is full of shit and they constantly make posts on twitter going after Allen, it's hilarious at this point.

Allen is a better starting QB than Andy Dalton right now and anyone arguing for Dalton to be Buffalo's starter hasn't seen Dalton play last year or Dalton choke in the playoffs.

They didn’t lose 8 straight games all because of Dalton. They lost 8 straight because as a team, they stunk. They were a BAD team, all the way around. 

• Thanks 1

This was from a Feb 13th article:  

The fact that the Bengals are playing nice with their quarterback is no surprise. The team's director of player personnel Duke Tobin, who serves as the de facto general manager in Cincinnati, made it clear in January that the Bengals wouldn't put Dalton in a situation that he's "uncomfortable with."  "I can tell you one thing, what Andy Dalton's done for the Cincinnati Bengals is not something that we're going to forget," Tobin told NFL.com. "We're not going to just willy-nilly, make something happen with him that, a) he's uncomfortable with and, b) that we're uncomfortable with."  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andy-dalton-trade-rumors-ranking-the-best-landing-spots-for-the-bengals-qb-including-the-patriots/

So what happened?  The cost of keeping him was a killer for them when they were clearly looking to relieve themselves of it but why no trade offers?  What are we missing here?  He's only 32.   

• Thanks 1

48372057_1969525509802965_4664389317303468032_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=8fd3638a10a1407561bc1873032b72c4&oe=5C95B70A

1 hour ago, jamsim67 said:

They didn’t lose 8 straight games all because of Dalton. They lost 8 straight because as a team, they stunk. They were a BAD team, all the way around. 

Regardless of how they lost, the Bengals lost 8 straight games with Dalton as the QB. I don't think QB's deserve all the blame with a loss or all the praise with a win, but they do contribute to the wins and losses of a team.

Dalton has always been a game manager QB and not an upper echelon QB. In the playoff's Dalton has been terrible and the Bengals have lost to inferior teams.

Dalton may or may not be an ok back up QB but it depends on what he wants to be paid per year. If he wants $25 million which is his market value according to spotrac.com that is too much money. IMO anything more than $8 million is too much for a back up QB of Dalton's level. 

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

49 minutes ago, DannyBoy said:

The fact that the Bengals are playing nice with their quarterback is no surprise. The team's director of player personnel Duke Tobin, who serves as the de facto general manager in Cincinnati, made it clear in January that the Bengals wouldn't put Dalton in a situation that he's "uncomfortable with."  "I can tell you one thing, what Andy Dalton's done for the Cincinnati Bengals is not something that we're going to forget," Tobin told NFL.com. "We're not going to just willy-nilly, make something happen with him that, a) he's uncomfortable with and, b) that we're uncomfortable with."  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/andy-dalton-trade-rumors-ranking-the-best-landing-spots-for-the-bengals-qb-including-the-patriots/

So what happened?  The cost of keeping him was a killer for them when they were clearly looking to relieve themselves of it but why no trade offers?  What are we missing here?  He's only 32.   

Right now Joe Burrow is a better QB than Dalton. Dalton is a declining player and will only get worse. It makes no sense to pay him $17.7 million to be a back up QB. They can use that saving to extend players on there current roster or roll it over to next year to have more cap space for the 2021 cap.

Duke Tobin was using coach speak, alot of GM's and coaches do this. You are not going to come out publicly and bad mouth one of the leaders of the team who has been the face of the franchise for 9 years. You are also not going to telegraph your moves in free agency and the draft by telling everyone you are cutting Dalton and drafting a QB 1st overall. Maybe a team gets desperate and wants to trade for Dalton. 

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

Wait....Dalton has been to the playoffs 4 times? 

In 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.

In those playoff games he is a combined 88/158 for a 55.7 completion % , 873 passing yards, 1 TD's, 6 interceptions and a QB rating of 57.8

Cinncinnati also lost all 4 of those playoff games with Dalton at QB.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DaltAn00.htm

Dalton is the definition of a game manager QB who will occasionally make a good play to win a game.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, Buffalo13 said:

If the Bills are serious about competition, then they should 100% sign Dalton and ditch Barkley.

Yes, Allen would be the starter to begin the year, but the article that Jungle posted is right...Dalton could be to us what Tannehill was to the Titans.  

This team is ready to win.  Dalton gives you a chance if Allen gets hurt or if he falls on his face.  At this moment, we hope Allen is better than Dalton in year 3 but we don't know.  Sign Dalton and see how the year goes. 

I like Dalton as a back up QB. Dalton is a better back up QB than Barkley, but at what price do you sign Dalton? 

What is your cut off point for a back up QB? $6 million/year or $7 million/year or $8 million/year? 

It's a two way street, so Dalton has to want to come to Buffalo and be a back up QB to Allen and agree to the value the Beane places on an aging game manager QB.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

50 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Right now Joe Burrow is a better QB than Dalton. Dalton is a declining player and will only get worse. It makes no sense to pay him $17.7 million to be a back up QB. They can use that saving to extend players on there current roster or roll it over to next year to have more cap space for the 2021 cap.

Duke Tobin was using coach speak, alot of GM's and coaches do this. You are not going to come out publicly and bad mouth one of the leaders of the team who has been the face of the franchise for 9 years. You are also not going to telegraph your moves in free agency and the draft by telling everyone you are cutting Dalton and drafting a QB 1st overall. Maybe a team gets desperate and wants to trade for Dalton. 

I’ve explained this several times but NO college player is better than an NFL player until they prove it in the NFL.

11 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

I’ve explained this several times but NO college player is better than an NFL player until they prove it in the NFL.

Joe Burrow hasn't proven it yet in the NFL, but he has better arm strength, better vision, and better ability to read defenses than Andy Dalton.

Who would you rather have as your QB if you are the GM of Cinncinnati, Burrow or Dalton?

Yes Burrow hasn't proven it yet but he has more talent and ability than Dalton. There is a reason why the Bengals didn't trade down with Miami, there is a huge talent gap between Burrow and Tua and Herbert.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

2 hours ago, DannyBoy said:

It's encouraging to see some class acts like that Duke Tobin appears to be with how he handled that.  Andy seems like a heck of a guy as well, and I'm glad they did right by him.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

1 hour ago, junglesouljah said:

You're right, it was lying season(the term I remember you getting grief about), and to an extent still is.  

That brings me to an interesting question which I wondered before.  I was curious if GM Beane is a man of faith like HCSM, and if so how he would be able to reconcile what's seen by some as a requirement of his profession, with his faith?  If he isn't, one would think odds are decent that some other GM is, or has been.   Yeah, I tend to think of some odd things to consider at times. :)

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

1 hour ago, StraightJ said:

You're right, it was lying season(the term I remember you getting grief about), and to an extent still is.  

That brings me to an interesting question which I wondered before.  I was curious if GM Beane is a man of faith like HCSM, and if so how he would be able to reconcile what's seen by some as a requirement of his profession, with his faith?  If he isn't, one would think odds are decent that some other GM is, or has been.   Yeah, I tend to think of some odd things to consider at times. :)

I don't believe Beane is as religious as McDermott is, but I don't think it matters. They have a great relationship, they communicate well and have the same plan and vision for the team. There is no politics or power play struggle and both people no each other from there time in Carolina.

McDermott would not be against adding a player to the roster who is a practicing Sikhism or Hinduism or Buddhism or Muslim or Atheist.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

8 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Wait....Dalton has been to the playoffs 4 times? 

I have no doubt Allen will make the playoffs at least 4 times. The question is, will he do any better then Dalton did? 

• Thanks 2

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill