Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Belichick: I can win with any QB

1 hour ago, Zan186 said:

lol everyone thinks it is Brady or Bellicheat that has brought the Patriots to Victory.  Maybe it really is neither.  I think Brady was a great QB, and Bellicheat a great coach.  However, as they say in law enforcement....follow the money.  The greatest asset the NE pats have is Kraft.  He is a dirty owner, he has big bucks and it seems his team is allowed to do stuff others are not.  At first I thought it was Brady....letting the Pats O line hold to protect the golden boy.  Then I thought Bellicheat was the difference maker.  However, after watching enough games of NE having plays almost always go their way.  It is the league/Kraft.  

The NFL is a league now where talent is relatively close and it really comes down to 2 or 3 plays in each game that determine the outcome.  Yes there are some blow outs and luck to factor in....but the Zebra's can really be a factor more so than talent when it comes to wins and losses.  Kraft pretty much owns the league...much like Jerry Jones once did....I think NE might do just fine or they might tank to find a new QB.  

Hot sh*t!!!  I think you are the FIRST person(other than me) whom I've seen suggest this!  Some have noted the 2 to 3 plays making the difference, even if the refs make up for it with equal numbers, but I do not recall any making it to the final step before.  The guy was standing next to the President in December for the signing of the executive order that severely limits the free speech of 98% of Americans.  He also received the highest another county's version of the Nobel prize, and their leader(Netenyahu) posted a video congratulion to him inviting him to come visit and get his reward.  I could go into more detail about how it directly relates to entertainment, but many folks have been conditioned to be closed minded and I don't want to attach you to anything you do not necessarily endorse....especially for the respect I have for your observations.  

It is PC enough(and legal enough after that executive order) to say he has very uncommon/high connections, which likely helped him not only in football, but in his slam dunk criminal case(not that I necessarily endorse the set up).  I don't mean to get off topic, just throwing in an example to add to show the guy can come close to literally working magic, due to where he chose to invest(donate) some of his billionaire wealth.  

• Like 1

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

1 hour ago, junglesouljah said:

Darnold is more proven and a better QB than Stidham.

Allen is more proven and a better QB than Stidham.

The rookie QB Miami drafts, Tua or Herbert is more proven and better QB's than  Stidham.

New England only has $2 million in salary cap space so they can't sign a good QB in free agency. They don't have enough draft capital to jump into the top 5 to draft a good QB.

How are college players any more proven or better than Stidham.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

15 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

There not, actually Stidham has only proved that he worthy enough to be on the roster.  He may be just fine. I rather doubt it but time will tell.  I predict NE will BE a heavy run oriented play action offense.  Bellyboy will literally run plays regardless of score until you prove you can stop it.  They got like 6 rbs that Bellyboy uses quite effectively, and if they magically make playoffs, expect Stidham to be throwing all over the place.  Thats what bellyboy does. 

16 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

All 4 of the QB that will be drafted in the 1st round are better than Stidham.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

12 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

All 4 of the QB that will be drafted in the 1st round are better than Stidham.

You said they’re more proven.

How is any college player more proven than an NFL player?

47 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

You said they’re more proven.

How is any college player more proven than an NFL player?

Stidham played in a gimmick offense where he had a lot of predetermined reads and threw to wide open WR's. He struggled when ever he had to face good defenses like LSU, Clemson, Georgia and Alabama, and struggled against UCF, Tennessee, Mississippi State, and Louisiana State.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

19 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

New England only has $2 million in salary cap space so they can't sign a good QB in free agency. They don't have enough draft capital to jump into the top 5 to draft a good QB.

they could make room if they wanted to. restructure some contracts, a few cuts from their strong defense where they could and get increased cap space

but thats not the point

imagine if during the bills dynasty that jim kelly just left. the entire team looked to jim kelly to keep them going in the right direction. kelly was the glue for that team. even when he couldnt play the team could remain focused bc they knew he would be coming back. if he just walked out on the team one off-season the team would crumble. their psyche would be damaged, team chemistry would have to be recreated

thats what cheatertown is facing now. with limited offensive talent and very tight cap troubles

theres no way in hell belechunk is going to be able to win many games with a new qb and a suspect offense. hes a good DC but the offense has to be at least above average to make the playoffs and i dont see them able to build an above average offense with what they got or could get

so hes battling those things AND hes battling a change in team psyche and confidence. i think thats a bridge waytf too far and hes going to fail breaking .500

it was marcia all along. lets see him win with ej manual

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

1 minute ago, Meathead said:

they could make room if they wanted to. restructure some contracts, a few cuts from their strong defense where they could and get increased cap space

but thats not the point

imagine if during the bills dynasty that jim kelly just left. the entire team looked to jim kelly to keep them going in the right direction. kelly was the glue for that team. even when he couldnt play the team could remain focused bc they knew he would be coming back. if he just walked out on the team one off-season the team would crumble. their psyche would be damaged, team chemistry would have to be recreated

thats what cheatertown is facing now. with limited offensive talent and very tight cap troubles

theres no way in hell belechunk is going to be able to win many games with a new qb and a suspect offense. hes a good DC but the offense has to be at least above average to make the playoffs and i dont see them able to build an above average offense with what they got or could get

so hes battling those things AND hes battling a change in team psyche and confidence. i think thats a bridge waytf too far and hes going to fail breaking .500

it was marcia all along. lets see him win with ej manual

Not only did they lose there leader on offense and a leader of the team in Brady. The Patriots also lost WR Phillip Dorsett, K Stephen Gostkowski, S Nate Ebner, LB Elandon Roberts, C/G Ted Karras,  S Duron Haromn, DT Danny Shelton, LB Jamie Collins, and LB Kyle Van Noy.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

42 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Not only did they lose there leader on offense and a leader of the team in Brady. The Patriots also lost WR Phillip Dorsett, K Stephen Gostkowski, S Nate Ebner, LB Elandon Roberts, C/G Ted Karras,  S Duron Haromn, DT Danny Shelton, LB Jamie Collins, and LB Kyle Van Noy.

wow. i dont follow cheaters so i didnt know they lost that many. and they are still only 2 m under the cap?!?

i will blow bob kraft at mid-field if the cheating pig can get that team above .500 this season

6 minutes ago, Meathead said:

wow. i dont follow cheaters so i didnt know they lost that many. and they are still only 2 m under the cap?!?

i will blow bob kraft at mid-field if the cheating pig can get that team above .500 this season

The way Brady's contract was structured it pushed the signing bonus money to the 2020 season, this was done because New England didn't have a lot of free salary cap space to front load contract and use roster bonuses which are paid at the start of each year, instead of signing bonuses which are spread out over the life of the contract and back load the contract.

Salary-cap management

Brandon Beane is nothing short of a wizard in this department. His staff has fundamentally rebuilt Buffalo’s entire salary structure in under three seasons. Under Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley, the Bills spent to the cap with lucrative deals for players like Mario Williams and Marcell Dareus, leaving them scarcely enough money for filling their roster with draft picks each season.

Beane joined the Bills in 2017, put the franchise through a Dead Cap fever in 2018, and emerged on the other side with an immensely better situation. The Bills went on a free-agent spending “spree” this year, yet nearly tripled their open salary-cap space thanks to their dead contracts expiring. In the upcoming season, the Bills have 42 players under contract, but a whopping $89 million of cap space to finish up their roster.

Buffalo Bills salary cap space, 2015-2021

Year NFL Salary Cap Active Salaries IR Salaries Dead Cap Total Cap Commit Est. Cap Space (inc. rollover) Contracted players
2015 $146,073,884 $93,228,100 $30,552,856 $13,643,764 $139,259,624 $6,814,260 55
2016 $157,375,731 $112,497,692 $17,684,604 $18,773,045 $152,340,574 $5,035,157 53
2017 $166,989,897 $104,955,026 $20,683,295 $28,929,576 $155,791,897 $11,198,000 53
2018 $188,783,459 $104,008,378 $5,244,944 $70,343,254 $179,596,576 $9,186,883 53
2019 $200,426,270 $152,800,449 $5,049,084 $15,744,454 $174,784,987 $25,641,283 53
2020 (proj) $224,641,283 $134,561,808 $- $1,043,674 $135,605,482 $89,035,801 42
2021 (proj) $298,035,801 $99,377,066 $- $- $99,377,066 $198,648,735 27

How did he pull it off? First, the aforementioned fever. Beane completely rebuilt the roster after taking over, sending out players like Sammy Watkins, Charles Clay, and LeSean McCoy. The only veterans left from Rex Ryan’s era are Jerry Hughes, Lorenzo Alexander, and Shaq Lawson.

Secondly, he restructured Buffalo’s system of contract writing. The number-one phrase repeated in the Buffalo Rumblings Slack channel during free agency is “wait for the real contract numbers.” Why? Case in point: Tyler Kroft’s contract. When his signing was announced, Ian Rapoport called it a three year, $18.75 million deal. That was technically true, but with most of his contract built into salaries instead of bonuses, his overall cost was closer to $7 million over one year, with “team options” for his future years. We saw similar structures, along with bundled incentives and playtime bonuses, peppered among other contracts. The overall effect drastically lowered Buffalo’s salary commitments from their 2019 free agent class.

Arguably, no team is better positioned for winning in the near future than the Bills. Not only did they make the playoffs with a 10-6 record, but they have more salary-cap space in 2020 than any other playoff team. The Bills own the salary cap now, and it’s thanks to Beane and his staff.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2020/1/6/21046568/brandon-beane-deserves-to-win-executive-of-the-year-for-work-with-buffalo-bills-opinion

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

thirty mil in injury dead cap in '15. remember that year? guys were dropping like flies in an ortho factory

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Stidham played in a gimmick offense where he had a lot of predetermined reads and threw to wide open WR's. He struggled when ever he had to face good defenses like LSU, Clemson, Georgia and Alabama, and struggled against UCF, Tennessee, Mississippi State, and Louisiana State.

That doesn’t explain how he is less proven than anyone else who has never played in the NFL ever.

On 4/14/2020 at 9:59 PM, junglesouljah said:

IMO Buffalo's OC Ted Marchibroda was at fault for not running the ball more to have a larger time of position  and rest the defense. The New York Giants had the ball for 40 minutes. HC Marv Levy was also at fault for being stubborn  and not making in game adjustments stop the no huddle offense and run the ball more.

The way you beat a team with superior offensive talent is to run the ball, kill the clock and limit the number of plays the offense can run. By running the no huddle offense they played into losing.

Jim Kelly was calling the no huddle plays.

cba fan

On 4/15/2020 at 12:46 AM, Zan186 said:

lol everyone thinks it is Brady or Bellicheat that has brought the Patriots to Victory.  Maybe it really is neither.  I think Brady was a great QB, and Bellicheat a great coach.  However, as they say in law enforcement....follow the money.  The greatest asset the NE pats have is Kraft.  He is a dirty owner, he has big bucks and it seems his team is allowed to do stuff others are not

There's definitely a lot of plausibility to this but at the same time owners like Jerry Jones would also be getting those calls as well. Maybe they all take turns being the golden boy? Either way, 20 years is a long fucking time for that kind of bias!

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

4 hours ago, the climber said:

Well we are gonna see, then will know.

I said the same thing and was(still am, but cautious) quite excited to find out.  With the real possibility of politics/money shutting down the NFL season though, there is a very real chance we may not find out, at least this year.  

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

On 4/23/2020 at 3:15 PM, the climber said:

Well we are gonna see, then will know.

New England didn't qualify for the playoffs the year that Matt Cassel started for the injured Tom Brady. Cassel also benefited from throwing to Randy Moss and Wes Welker so that kind of helped him pad his stats and win regular season games.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

On 4/22/2020 at 4:37 PM, cba fan said:

Jim Kelly was calling the no huddle plays.

Did Kelly make the game plan for the offense?

It would be incredible stupid and bad strategy by Ted Marchibroda and Marv Levy to let Kelly game plan how to attack a Bill Belichick coached defense and to give him complete autonomy on play calling. 

There is a reason why coaches are paid to dissect game film, find the defenses weaknesses, study there own offenses tendencies and call tendency breakers and have specialized play call sheet for each game where they have selected plays that have the best chance of success on 3rd and long, on goal line situations, on 3rd and 4th and short situations and scripted the first 15 or 20 plays of the game.

Marv Levy also allowed Bruce Smith to play out of position as a DE in a 3-4 defense his Buffalo career. Imagine how much more explosive of a player Bruce would have been as a 4-3 DE?

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

8 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

New England didn't qualify for the playoffs the year that Matt Cassel started for the injured Tom Brady. Cassel also benefited from throwing to Randy Moss and Wes Welker so that kind of helped him pad his stats and win regular season games.

They won 11 games. They only didn’t qualify for the playoffs due to a tiebreaker.

You brag about Buffalo’s playoff accomplishment when we qualified by winning only 9 games.

18 hours ago, George said:

If he could win with any quarterback he would still be the head coach in Cleveland

He went to the playoffs in Cleveland with Mark Rypien and Testerverde as his QB.

He was fired because they were moving to Baltimore and Modell wanted to market a whole new team to a whole new city.

If I recall correctly, Modell said Belichick would not have been fired if they stayed in Cleveland. He had just started to turn that team around.

On 4/14/2020 at 6:35 PM, junglesouljah said:

Did Bill Belichick has the success in Cleveland that he has had in New England? Did Belichick win a Super bowl Cleveland?

McDermott and Beane have created a culture of winning that has won compared to the 20 years of failure by the regimes before them.

QB play absolutely matters in the NFL. All the QB's on New England's roster are average to below average. Assuming Miami drafts Tua Tagovailoa or Justin Herbert, every team in the AFC East will have better QB's than New England. Even if Brady had stayed in New England he wouldn't be the best QB in the AFC East with his decline in play and his deteriorating arm strength.

I will bet the house that Cleveland owners, as well as their fans wish that Belichick was still coaching the Browns. If they had the opportunity, they'd bring him back.

they will only be relevant as spoilers. bill can still steal a game or two with defense

not enough talent or money for the playoffs 

On 5/23/2020 at 11:07 PM, junglesouljah said:

They went 11-5. It was a fluke they didn't qualify that year. A lot of good teams in the AFC that season. Don't know what the percentage is but I bet its well over 65% for teams with 11-5 to qualify. 

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon: