Sign in to follow this  
drpepper

Report: Bills sign former Carolina OL Daryl Williams

Free agent offensive tackle Daryl Williams is heading to Buffalo. Williams has agreed to a one-year deal with the Bills, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports. The 6-foot-6, 330-pound Williams has spent his entire five-year career with the Panthers. Last year he played in 16 games in Carolina, with 12 starts. Bills General Manager Brandon [more]

View the full article

• Like 1

I wondered when this would happen.    I like it.     Cody Ford, you are now on notice to get tuned up to play guard.

Spain, you are going to have to compete to remain a starter.

Now that the Bills signed a RT, and two CBs (EJ Gaines and Josh Norman) as well as traded for a #1 WR, I guess that leaves Running Back....

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

It's a 1 year deal, so Beane will still draft an OT in the 2nd or 3rd rounds to battle with Daryl Williams for RT. I anticipate Ford to be moved to RG and Jon Feliciano to be the first G/C off the bench in case of an injury. Ty Nsekhe is now the back up LT.

Anther good move by Beane who is filling a lot of holes in the line up before the draft so he can truly go BPA in the draft.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

that Carolina pipeline is like the Keystone pipeline of the spirts world......lol.....some love it others hate it.

I like it and love it at same time......it is reaching comical level now.

cba fan

Carolina Panthers v Buffalo BillsPhoto by Brett Carlsen/Getty Images

Another former Panther moves north

In life, these three things are certain: death, taxes, and the Buffalo Bills signing former Carolina Panthers players.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network, the Bills have signed former Panthers offensive lineman Daryl Williams to a one-year contract. Financial terms were not disclosed.

Williams, who turns 28 in August, was drafted by Carolina in the fourth round of the 2015 NFL Draft. He has primarily served as the team’s starting right tackle, though he has also made some starts at guard during his NFL career. Generally, his work as a tackle has been better than his work as a guard, but he does offer the kind of versatility along the offensive line valued by general manager Brandon Beane and head coach Sean McDermott.

Williams had a strong 2017 season, breaking into the starting lineup and starting all 16 games for the Panthers at right tackle, but his 2018 season was cut short thanks to a knee injury he suffered in training camp. He dislocated his kneecap and tore his MCL in July, but he managed to start the season opener that September. He re-injured the same knee in that game and did not play for the rest of the season.

In 2019, Williams did not perform as consistently as he did in that 2017 season. Perhaps it’s because the Panthers bounced him all over the line, as he made starts at left tackle, left guard, and right guard. He best profiles as a right tackle, where he played in 2017.

At worst, this gives the Bills a solid depth option to go with Cody Ford and Ty Nsekhe at right tackle. With Beane’s penchant for turning a surplus of offensive linemen into draft picks during the summer months, this signing gives the Bills the flexibility to do just that in August.

View the full article

The Buffalo Bills....

:rolleyes2

REBUILDING SINCE 2000!

To Fitzpatrick, Levitre, Kelsay, Mcgee, Barnett, Wilson, Jones, Nelson, Rinehart, McIntyre, Merriman, Shepperd, Scott, White, Wanny, and Mr. Chan Gailey...

It was real, it was fun, it just wasn't REAL FUN!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NEWVILLE MUD DAWGS FEVER BABY! We might not be very good right now, but we have infinite heart! Alot like the Bills! ;) HALLA!

http://www.muddawgsfootball.com

3 minutes ago, cba fan said:

that Carolina pipeline is like the Keystone pipeline of the spirts world......lol.....some love it others hate it.

I like it and love it at same time......it is reaching comical level now.

If Daryl Williams is able to be a stop gap solution at RT, either as a back up RT well a rookie OT starts, or as starter as the rookie OT develops than who cares what team that RT came from?

Daryl Williams was a 2nd team all pro in 2017 when he played RT. Daryl Williams is a better player at RT than LaAdrian Waddle, I could care less that he played in Carolina.

People that complain about Daryl Williams coming from Carolina are the same people that love to complain about everything.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg