Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Mock Draft with the Bills taking a RB in the 2nd round.

Research OG Ben Bredeson.  A  4th round pick that is projected to be a starter quality guard as a rookie.
Research WR Quintez Cephus.  Talented WR to pick up in the 5th round.  No reason to draft one sooner, because they will be sitting behind Diggs, Brown and Beasley.
Research LB Justin Strnad.   He might be as good as Matt Milano was as a rookie. 

• Thanks 2

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

I have Jonathan Taylor with a 1st round grade, if he fall to Buffalo at 54 we are very lucky.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

11 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

I have Jonathan Taylor with a 1st round grade, if he fall to Buffalo at 54 we are very lucky.

I believe he is likely to be sitting there.  He’s a little stiff and has a lot of miles on him already, over 900 D1 carries, that tends to weigh a little in the minds of GMs.  Plus RB is a lower value pick. 

That would be an exceptional draft. Is that yours or did you find it? 

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

Love this draft.

Ideally I'd prefer a rb in the 2nd and ot in the 3rd.

1 hour ago, The Chosen said:

That would be an exceptional draft. Is that yours or did you find it? 

That is mine on TheDraftNetwork simulator.

So I picked what was available when the Bills pick came up.   I didn't trade up or down.

• Thanks 1

I'd take it.  I think getting a OT is important b/c I'm not sure Ford is good enough to stay there.  In an ideal world, they come away with a guy that plays well enough to let him step in for Dawkins next year and let Dawkins walk.  

• Thanks 2

Wisconsin produces fucking BEASTS at RB. 

does he play offense? Check

could he help our QB? Check

can he score points? Check

then fuck yeah draft him. Stop all this fucking nonsense about drafting a DE or LB or....**gasp***...a fucking SAFETY!?! With our 2nd or even 3rd round pick. Complete nonsense. 

defense was good last year...it does not need any mo help.

offense SUCKED last year....it needs lots o help. 

not sure how some of you still don’t get that. 

• Thanks 1

miserable that 70s show GIF

9 hours ago, DC2007 said:

I believe he is likely to be sitting there.  He’s a little stiff and has a lot of miles on him already, over 900 D1 carries, that tends to weigh a little in the minds of GMs.  Plus RB is a lower value pick. 

Here is how I view the "too many miles" on a college running back prospect theory.

Every single RB drafted in 2015, is no longer on the team that drafted him.     

So I am okay drafting a RB with high mileage, as long as he will give us a few years of high production, because most likely we aren't signing him to a 2nd contract.

3 hours ago, Buffalo13 said:

I'd take it.  I think getting a OT is important b/c I'm not sure Ford is good enough to stay there.  In an ideal world, they come away with a guy that plays well enough to let him step in for Dawkins next year and let Dawkins walk.  

Thank you Buffalo13

I would love to get Lucas Niang or Erza Cleveland in the 2nd round. Maybe Prince Tega Wanogho.

Drafting an OT in the 3rd round is most likely a developmental guy that needs at least a year to get up to speed.  And pretty much a shot in the dark.  So while Isaiah Wilson is promising, you might have to be patient with him.

On 3/22/2020 at 11:01 PM, junglesouljah said:

Couldn't agree with this more. Taylor has everything you would want in a elite back. If he is their at 54 I consider taking him their a no brainier.

• Like 1

spacer.png[duchene_1_2_3.jpg

I don't tip I pay bills bitches call me Buffalo

12 hours ago, D-Rocafella said:

Couldn't agree with this more. Taylor has everything you would want in a elite back. If he is their at 54 I consider taking him their a no brainier.

Why do I think he will be gone well before the 54th pick?

9 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

Why do I think he will be gone well before the 54th pick?

He had too good of a showing at the combine. That coupled with his production is why I think he is the 1st RB drafted and most likely a late 1st rounder as that allows the team to control the player for 5 years which seems to be the sweet spot for a running back.

38 minutes ago, D-Rocafella said:

He had too good of a showing at the combine. That coupled with his production is why I think he is the 1st RB drafted and most likely a late 1st rounder as that allows the team to control the player for 5 years which seems to be the sweet spot for a running back.

Cam Akers is also a good RB prospect to look out for at 54.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Joe Marino's picks:

ROUND 2, PICK NO. 54: JONATHAN TAYLOR, RB, WISCONSIN

ROUND 3, PICK NO. 86: BRYCE HALL, CB, VIRGINIA

ROUND 4, PICK NO. 112: BRYAN EDWARDS, WR, SOUTH CAROLINA 

ROUND 5, PICK NO. 167: GENO STONE, S, IOWA

ROUND 6, PICK NO: 207: BRADEN MANN, P, TEXAS A&M

ROUND 7, PICK NO. 239: JOE REED, WR, VIRGINIA

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

I saw another mock with another Big 10 RB Dobbins as our pick at 2.  

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

I just read something very disturbing about Taylor:

Ball Security: He had 18 fumbles (15 lost) in 41 career games. Taylor can get very loose with the ball and become so fixated on accelerating through lanes that he omits the minor details of protecting the it high and tight along his breastplate/forearm. Over his career, the former Badgers rusher has fumbled once every 54 carries – an alarmingly high mark.

• Sad 1

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

FINALLY, one of Crazy Legs draft I would love.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

3 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

Joe Marino's picks:

That would be an amazing draft. Bryce Hall has 1st round talent before his injury last year. Same deal with Jonathan Taylor.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

33 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

That would be an amazing draft. Bryce Hall has 1st round talent before his injury last year. Same deal with Jonathan Taylor.

His podcasts are pretty good if you like listening to them.

4 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

His podcasts are pretty good if you like listening to them.

I've been listening to the locked on bills podcast for a while now, much better than schoop and the bullfrog

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

16 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

Joe Marino's picks:

NitPicking.....Geno Stone doesn't excite me.  I think I would go LB in the 5th instead.   Justin Strnad, Wake Forest is one option...

I will have to look at Braden Mann....know nothing about him.....thanks.

13 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Some of the prospects coming off injuries will probably slip in the draft.

Lucas Niang, OT, TCU comes to mind.   I don't think any team will be able to do a complete medical check before the draft because of the virus.

In 2018 he allowed ZERO sacks.  Then in 2019 he tried to play through a torn  labrum in his hip.  He fought through the pain for a couple of games, then shut it down when he couldn't lift his leg anymore (still not giving up any sacks)  and had surgery on his hip missing the rest of the season.

Niang, measures in at 6-foot-6, 315 pounds with 34-inch arms. 

I would take him at pick #54, all day long.   I would take the risk.   He should be a starter as a rookie.   Josh Allen is our future, and we need to protect him.    We can find RBs and WRs via FA, trade or later round picks.   Top Tackles are hard to find.

59 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Some of the prospects coming off injuries will probably slip in the draft.

Lucas Niang, OT, TCU comes to mind.   I don't think any team will be able to do a complete medical check before the draft because of the virus.

In 2018 he allowed ZERO sacks.  Then in 2019 he tried to play through a torn  labrum in his hip.  He fought through the pain for a couple of games, then shut it down when he couldn't lift his leg anymore (still not giving up any sacks)  and had surgery on his hip missing the rest of the season.

Niang, measures in at 6-foot-6, 315 pounds with 34-inch arms. 

I would take him at pick #54, all day long.   I would take the risk.   He should be a starter as a rookie.   Josh Allen is our future, and we need to protect him.    We can find RBs and WRs via FA, trade or later round picks.   Top Tackles are hard to find.

Lucas Niang played well versus Young and Bosa in 2018 when he was healthy at RT. He is a plug and play RT, and would allow you to move Ford to RG.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

21 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Cam Akers is also a good RB prospect to look out for at 54.

Completely agree. Even though I have Swift ranked higher than Akers, for the Bills I like Akers after Taylor. 

I fully expect Akers to be available at 54. Even though I would go Taylor then Akers for the Bills, Akers most likely is the 5th back taken after Taylor, Swift, Dobbins and Helaire so if running backs slip he could be had in the 3rd.

In last years draft the top 5 running backs were drafted at 24, 53, 70, 73 and 74.