Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Matt Barkley as backup QB? Or, do you have a better backup in mind?

Some Bills fans don't like Barkley as the Backup.  "He sucks"   "Bum"   etc.

Okay, then who do you have that is a realistic signing for the Bills to bring in as their backup QB?

Mike Glennon?
David Fales?
Matt Moore?
Drew Stanton?
Joe Webb?
Geno Smith?

Who? 

F/U question.....What will he cost and will he come to Buffalo?

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Matt Moore is the only one I like out of that list, but he's getting up there in age.  I'll stick with Barkley.  :niterider:

• Like 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

There should be an open competition for QB 2 in training camp. Davis Webb, a rookie draft pick and Matt Barkley should be competing and possibly at 4th QB.

I like Davis Webb and think he has a good chance at beating out the competition.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

12 hours ago, Woody said:

Matt Moore is the only one I like out of that list, but he's getting up there in age.  I'll stick with Barkley.  :niterider:

moore is the only one that represents a possible upgrade on Barkley.  

The list may grow if Some of the other guys like Winston dont get a starting job.   Marriota would have been an interesting sign.

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

I hope they are looking for someone in the draft.

If the right guy is there in the 3rd or 4th round I'd love to develop someone to back up Josh Allen or possibly more is Allen doesn't take the steps forward he needs to make.

54 minutes ago, bcw said:

If the right guy is there in the 3rd or 4th round I'd love to develop someone to back up Josh Allen or possibly more is Allen doesn't take the steps forward he needs to make.

If there is a QB in the 3rd round, that is clearly better than Davis Webb, yes, consider it.    Frank Reich was a 3rd round pick.  That worked out pretty well.

1 hour ago, bcw said:

I'm not against drafting a QB, but I would rather draft a OT or WR or RB or CB or DE in the 3rd or 4th round.

Davis Webb is on the roster and he was a former 3rd round pick. I like the upside of Webb and believe he can win the back up QB spot i training camp.

Beane will most likely bring in a veteran QB and draft a QB to compete with Webb and Barkley for QB 2.

If Josh Allen ever goes down for more than a game Buffalo is screwed. It was the same situation in Indianapolis back in the day with Payton Manning and Tom Moore didn't give any reps to the back up QB's because"If 18 goes down we're fucked, and we don't practice fucked". Obviously I'm not saying Allen is as good as Manning who is a hall of fame QB, but it Allen goes down we're fucked.

This is why I want Beane to draft an OT in the 2nd round to play RT and move Ford to RG. Better pass blocking and better run blocking by the OL makes it more effective and it prevents Allen from taking big hits.

• Thanks 2

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

17 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

Some Bills fans don't like Barkley as the Backup.  "He sucks"   "Bum"   etc.

Okay, then who do you have that is a realistic signing for the Bills to bring in as their backup QB?

Mike Glennon?
David Fales?
Matt Moore?
Drew Stanton?
Joe Webb?
Geno Smith?

Who? 

F/U question.....What will he cost and will he come to Buffalo?

That group?  Might as well stick with Barkley.

I would either draft a guy to compete with Barkley or I would take a look at Andy Dalton.  If the Bengals let him go, nobody is handing him a starting job outside of maybe New England.  And if they weren't interested, I would think he would love to hook on with us as a back-up after all the money the city donated to his foundation 2 years ago.  He'd be the perfect backup in my opinion.  With our defense, he'd be able to be better than .500 if Josh goes down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Meathead said:

i hope you realize you guys are mostly insane. and i only said mostly to be polite

matt moore is 35. it likely hes hit the qb wall. and he wasnt all that great to begin with. career backup at the point his skills are likely eroding. pass

matt barkley sucks. hes sucked every game of his career except one - a miracle outlier after only five days practice on a new team as an emergency fill in. pass

theres an excess of backup qbs this season, and former starters who will be backups. jamis winston could be an excellent backup, assuming hes going to toe the line in a very structured buffalo. hes still stupid as fuck but hes quality backup material

and theres absolutely no way they are using draft capital to take a qb, unless its somebody they like that falls three rounds and ends up in the sixth

they'll find somebody to upgrade the backup qb position

All great points

5 minutes ago, Buffalo13 said:

I would either draft a guy to compete with Barkley or I would take a look at Andy Dalton.  If the Bengals let him go, nobody is handing him a starting job outside of maybe New England.  And if they weren't interested, I would think he would love to hook on with us as a back-up after all the money the city donated to his foundation 2 years ago.  He'd be the perfect backup in my opinion.  With our defense, he'd be able to be better than .500 if Josh goes down.

I would love to have Andy Dalton as a back up QB. I don't see a scenario where Cinncinnati releases Dalton because he would be a perfect bridge QB for Joe Burrow, if they want to bring him along slowly. If Cinncinnati want to start Joe Burrow from day one, Dalton would be the perfect back up QB.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

dalton is a good idea but are they gonna just let him walk? they should just wait until a team loses its starter to a camp injury and they could net a 3/4 rounder for him. i dont see beaner giving up draft capitol or a player for a backup qb when other free options are out there

that would be great, though. much better than my winston idea, if they could make it happen

btw, the bengals CAN release dalton with no cap hit and no further money paid, so that ups the odds he gets released eventually. i doubt hed stay in cincy as the backup when he was the starter there so long. id bet hed want a fresh start

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Nobody on the list from the opening post is worth a crap. 

Dalton is not gonna be a backup. That's just not gonna happen. 

Barkley, Webb or a rookie IMO. If Allen goes down we are fucked anyway. 

• Like 1

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

3 hours ago, Buffalo13 said:

I think Andy Dalton will hold out and wait for a team to lose their starter to injury.  Then he can swoop in and become their starter.    Dalton shouldn't accept being a backup in Buffalo.

IDK

Dalton hasn't exactly been a franchise quarterback. I would say he's a decent, not even solid, starting NFL QB

He can play the waiting game for somebody to lose a starter, but that's risky if it doesn't happen or if the team has a viable replacement already. Then you're talking about missing games as an unsigned player for an indefinite period of time

I still think it's unlikely that he would take a backup role, but if I was Buffalo I would be at least conversing with him about it. I'm pretty confident Josh is going to take another leap and be a step closer to becoming a franchise guy this year, but it's also possible he Flames out. This could be the soulless Red Rifles chance on a team that stronger than you probably ever had in Cincy

Wither Dalton likes it or not there are not a lot of starting QB positions available in the NFL. If he wants to continue to play he will have to be able to accept being a back up QB and wait for his opportunity to start if there is an injury to the starter or the starter plays so poorly he is pulled.

New England has very limited salary cap space after franchise tagging Joe Thuney, so unless New England is willing to trade Joe Thuney for Andy Dalton I don't see a way of them acquiring Dalton.

Dalton is a good not great QB, who has a terrible playoff record. He can be a good bridge QB or back up QB, but you should not rely on him to be your starter for 16 games.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

Wait? Where’s the mAtT baRkley ShoUld Be Da StarTER crowd? 

Excellent question. There were tons, and I means tons of them during the season. 

• Thanks 2

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

2 hours ago, Meathead said:

IDK

Dalton hasn't exactly been a franchise quarterback. I would say he's a decent, not even solid, starting NFL QB

He can play the waiting game for somebody to lose a starter, but that's risky if it doesn't happen or if the team has a viable replacement already. Then you're talking about missing games as an unsigned player for an indefinite period of time

I still think it's unlikely that he would take a backup role, but if I was Buffalo I would be at least conversing with him about it. I'm pretty confident Josh is going to take another leap and be a step closer to becoming a franchise guy this year, but it's also possible he Flames out. This could be the soulless Red Rifles chance on a team that stronger than you probably ever had in Cincy

It is risky to wait, but someone will go down.   It happens every year.

And, if I am a team that just lost my starting QB, I am looking to sign Andy Dalton and not Geno Smith.

On the flip side, what team wants Andy Dalton as their backup, breathing down the starter's neck?

The Redskins have Dwayne Haskins as their starter, and today traded for QB Kyle Allen to be their backup.  I wonder if Dalton was approached but didn't want to talk being a backup.

6 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Wait? Where’s the mAtT baRkley ShoUld Be Da StarTER crowd? 

Theyve crawled back from whence they came.  One to the TDS threads, not sure on the others.  Not sure if any have undergone conversion therapy yet....they better hurry, I heard the usual suspects were pushing to make it illegal, though I have not bothered to look into that.

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

5 hours ago, Victor7 said:

Excellent question. There were tons, and I means tons of them during the season. 

I imagine a decent % of them are lying in wait and champing at the bit for their chance to have a MELTDOWN, starting in the gameday shoutbox antics.

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

dalton wouldnt be breathing down any real franchise qbs neck. daltons career numbers are very pedestrian and not even worthy of calling his time in cincy franchise material. decent but not good enough starter would sum it up

but its true he might take the risk and play the waiting game for somebody to lose their starter. ive noticed about 1/3 of the nfl preseasons have no teams losing their starter, so its a risky gamble. now youre talking about missing games, and you missed all of training camp to get on the same page with a new offense and ready to step in

if im advising dalton i tell him to find a team with a young and/or shaky starter and go there as the backup. seems like jacksonville is ideal, but considering the massive difference of opinions on allen, bflo might be a good spot for him to consider, too