Sign in to follow this  
jc856

Dark Side of The Moon is the greatest Album of All Time

Okay, I’ll throw in this tidbit, when she told me in a letter( yeah! We really sent letters!) that she loved Us And Them, my heart melted. Had to have this woman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have you  listened to Dub side of the Moon?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

IF you know this album, and IF you care, it’s a wonderful thing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Have you  listened to Dub side of the Moon?

No, jungle, should I check it out?

I can't listen to Pink Floyd because their music is too depressing. I'm not knocking it or discounting the musicianship of their work it's just not for me.

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

I had a Teacher's assistant in middle school bring in his reel to reel of Dark Side of the Moon and he'd play it while we were working in class.  Awesome.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

DB3EA675-6FE3-46FD-9B4F-EA74BBA4C790.jpeg.a2af54e00c4a3d3d0c508874e15c51e0.jpeg

That is a great album, so is Nas - Illmatic, Rage Against the Machine's first album, Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Notorious BIG - Ready to Die, etc.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

6 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

That is a great album, so is Nas - Illmatic, Rage Against the Machine's first album, Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Notorious BIG - Ready to Die, etc.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

I'm a "music snob" so forgive me.  If anyone ever wants recommendations I have them.  LOL.

Great album: The first Cars album (near perfection).

Great 90's album: "Rapple Dapple" by The Greenberry Woods (1994). 

Best fairly recent album (by far): "Most Messed Up" by The Old 97's (2014).

Trust me on these.  Try them.  My tastes are pretty much Classic Rock and Country Rock (not current country).  Any feedback appreciated.

FFS, this is a PINK FLOYD thread. Tupac ain't jun seating Pink Floyd

• Like 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

8 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Yes you are correct about those

I personally find it hard to beat that one as far as hip-hop/rap goes...plus 2Pac is my fav

6 hours ago, HipKat said:

FFS, this is a PINK FLOYD thread. Tupac ain't jun seating Pink Floyd

I would rather listen to 2pac’s “off” tracks than most, if not any, Pink Floyd songs 

18 hours ago, HipKat said:

I have digital copies of every single thing Pink Floyd ever released, Foreign and domestic, including liner notes and album art, all digitally remastered.

Annotation 2020-03-22 095626.jpg

Wow! I’m preaching to the choir!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

I can't listen to Pink Floyd because their music is too depressing. I'm not knocking it or discounting the musicianship of their work it's just not for me.

I can see how you feel that way. I find it inspirational. And it was also my time, so I have good memories tied into it. I remember being a bagboy at Tops. Money was popular, and it would go thru my head while the cashier was ringing the groceries. Stupid stuff like that is the stuff you remember when you’re old.😜

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

I would rather listen to 2pac’s “off” tracks than most, if not any, Pink Floyd songs 

(NOTE: I am not writing this as a critique on Tupac or you, but more of the(and especially the unconscious) mechanisms that control opinion to varying degrees, and I tried to make my hints for the motivation of those doing so much more vague than I have in the past(even though the cultural degradation has a long enough history behind it at this point that it is hard to remain in denial, even if one sticks to emprical statistics, which can be a tougher standard)...so as to mitigate the likelihood of someone being offended.  I'm not even trying to nicely convince you that you are wrong in any way...people like what they like, but that was not the question asked).

Very sadly, in this day and age you are far from alone.  Heck, you could replace Tupac with any number of names over the last couple of decades such as Justin Beiber or the Spice Girls and find many who would agree with someone who made that EXACT announcement....yet it would be comparable to some TRUE hillbilly(that society has been conditioned to mock, which I've seen plenty of on here) preferring the fiddle player down the street(even if not that good, and even if without the argument such as having more soul) to Beethoven or Mozart.....due to a combination of things such as ignorance, and probably even more importantly, Pavlovian Conditioning.  I reckon TIME(a name of a hit from DSOTM) plays a role too, although I will address that in a following post with PF DSOTM having by far the all time record....illustrating how many different boundaries it broke(more on that in said post).  

People are often a condition of their environment(and sadly "the media" is a HUGE part of "environement" for the youth of today, and a one sadly outdated word "wigger" can be used as a pretty glaring example of such, and the J-Roc character on Trailer Park Boys would be an example of the example, although a more loveable one.....and to be clear, that word is not aimed at rap fans in general, but at a segment of youth the media convinced that immitating inner city hoodlums in every mannerism possible was preferable to acting like their own race....while around the same time the media was doing it's best with characters like "Carlton" on the Fresh Prince to ridicule diligence in general, while handing out more of its self-fulfilling prophecy)........

....and your proclamation was far more mild and "cool"(in a particular age range) than the larger numbers that would be replacing Tupac for quite awhile now.....which likewise might make a good number of people who like Tupac writhe in disgust.  I appreciate you helping me illustrate a point, even though it comes in the form of someone I know was well-respected even before he was taken out and immortalized....similar to Obi Wan Kenobi's admonishment "You can't win, Vader. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine".....which adds fuel to the fire of theories, though this one is not as ripe with evidence as the Kurt Cobain one, which ultimately may have led to the demise of an entire genre in addition to the gains for a small number of people, one in particular(that probably is worthy of it's own thread, or maybe better combined with the more suspicious music/celebrity deaths.....If you want to look at Jim, Jimi, and Janis, you could possibly make the argument the establishment's war on something they created started there.

Would Tupac have had the same popularity if not murdered(which beyond the usual star death fan emotions, actually added street cred to the image...which seems likely to have effected some percentage of fan feelings)?  I'm not making claims in this post, but at the very least he did not have to worry about the issues Tom Brady is and many legendary performers eventually did...and he became(the first?) guy with a concert(was it whole tour?) of his hologram performing.....

Certainly Tupac Shakur did have some messages folks found important and could relate to, and had the talent to separate himself from some in his genre(although I seem to recall Big E Smalls had a warring faction of fans.....dictated merely(mostly) by their physical location......the whole tribal mentality...although I think that too is worthy of it's own thread...far more so than the 12 bot threads per day that average 0 replies....rather than ignore the author of the OP's directive/challenge....(for someone to COVINCE HIM).   On that note, I am pulling empirical data, along with a very important contextual data point that Howard Stern of all people pointed out to actually SUPPORT the OP's claim.

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

15 hours ago, StraightJ said:

(NOTE: I am not writing this as a critique on Tupac or you, but more of the(and especially the unconscious) mechanisms that control opinion to varying degrees, and I tried to make my hints for the motivation of those doing so much more vague than I have in the past(even though the cultural degradation has a long enough history behind it at this point that it is hard to remain in denial, even if one sticks to emprical statistics, which can be a tougher standard)...so as to mitigate the likelihood of someone being offended.  I'm not even trying to nicely convince you that you are wrong in any way...people like what they like, but that was not the question asked).

Very sadly, in this day and age you are far from alone.  Heck, you could replace Tupac with any number of names over the last couple of decades such as Justin Beiber or the Spice Girls and find many who would agree with someone who made that EXACT announcement....yet it would be comparable to some TRUE hillbilly(that society has been conditioned to mock, which I've seen plenty of on here) preferring the fiddle player down the street(even if not that good, and even if without the argument such as having more soul) to Beethoven or Mozart.....due to a combination of things such as ignorance, and probably even more importantly, Pavlovian Conditioning.  I reckon TIME(a name of a hit from DSOTM) plays a role too, although I will address that in a following post with PF DSOTM having by far the all time record....illustrating how many different boundaries it broke(more on that in said post).  

People are often a condition of their environment(and sadly "the media" is a HUGE part of "environement" for the youth of today, and a one sadly outdated word "wigger" can be used as a pretty glaring example of such, and the J-Roc character on Trailer Park Boys would be an example of the example, although a more loveable one.....and to be clear, that word is not aimed at rap fans in general, but at a segment of youth the media convinced that immitating inner city hoodlums in every mannerism possible was preferable to acting like their own race....while around the same time the media was doing it's best with characters like "Carlton" on the Fresh Prince to ridicule diligence in general, while handing out more of its self-fulfilling prophecy)........

....and your proclamation was far more mild and "cool"(in a particular age range) than the larger numbers that would be replacing Tupac for quite awhile now.....which likewise might make a good number of people who like Tupac writhe in disgust.  I appreciate you helping me illustrate a point, even though it comes in the form of someone I know was well-respected even before he was taken out and immortalized....similar to Obi Wan Kenobi's admonishment "You can't win, Vader. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine".....which adds fuel to the fire of theories, though this one is not as ripe with evidence as the Kurt Cobain one, which ultimately may have led to the demise of an entire genre in addition to the gains for a small number of people, one in particular(that probably is worthy of it's own thread, or maybe better combined with the more suspicious music/celebrity deaths.....If you want to look at Jim, Jimi, and Janis, you could possibly make the argument the establishment's war on something they created started there.

Would Tupac have had the same popularity if not murdered(which beyond the usual star death fan emotions, actually added street cred to the image...which seems likely to have effected some percentage of fan feelings)?  I'm not making claims in this post, but at the very least he did not have to worry about the issues Tom Brady is and many legendary performers eventually did...and he became(the first?) guy with a concert(was it whole tour?) of his hologram performing.....

Certainly Tupac Shakur did have some messages folks found important and could relate to, and had the talent to separate himself from some in his genre(although I seem to recall Big E Smalls had a warring faction of fans.....dictated merely(mostly) by their physical location......the whole tribal mentality...although I think that too is worthy of it's own thread...far more so than the 12 bot threads per day that average 0 replies....rather than ignore the author of the OP's directive/challenge....(for someone to COVINCE HIM).   On that note, I am pulling empirical data, along with a very important contextual data point that Howard Stern of all people pointed out to actually SUPPORT the OP's claim.

Wow. What a response. I’ll respond very easily and say that I am white, live in a community with almost no blacks, and listened to 2Pac even before he passed and thought California Love was the best song ever as a young kid. I just really like his music. Lol

• Thanks 1