Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

CB Quinton Dunbar, Redskins are making him available via trade. Is he a fit?

Washington, per multiple sources, is making Quinton Dunbar, age 27, available in trade.  PFF gave him a high grade in 2019 of 87.

Dunbar has made clear his desire to be traded or released. Apparently, the team is trying to accommodate his request.

An undrafted free agent in 2015, Dunbar is signed through 2020. He’s due to earn a base salary of $3.25 million.

Dunbar started 11 games in 2019, with a career-high four interceptions.

"....Hey Washington, we will trade you a tight end not named Dawson Knox, or, how about Spencer Long?  Hello?  Are you there...?"

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

I like Quinton Dunbar more than Josh Norman. But Dunbar is on the last year of his contract and is going to want to get paid and you have to pay Tre White next year, assuming you use the 5th year option on Tre.

For a low round pick I would make the trade if I was confident I could sign Dunbar to a long term trade. I am not parting with other players.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

12 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

I like Quinton Dunbar more than Josh Norman. But Dunbar is on the last year of his contract and is going to want to get paid and you have to pay Tre White next year, assuming you use the 5th year option on Tre.

For a low round pick I would make the trade if I was confident I could sign Dunbar to a long term trade. I am not parting with other players.

You are right, it is about the money, because Dunbar has the talent.   SO, if he won't  accept a trade to Buffalo WITHOUT redoing his contract, then he is out.  Dunbar would be a year rental, just like Josh Norman.    Otherwise, no he is not an option for the Bills.

We can't give Dunbar a big contract right now....we need to prioritize Tre' White.

Depends on what you'd have to give up in the trade. We're pretty set with corners, I wouldn't want to pay too much. He'd be a luxury not a need. 

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

Might be ok as a 1 year rental but that's about it. I wouldn't commit big money to another corner with Tre on deck.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

Was he covering the other teams #1 wr or was Norman?

Levi Wallace is a restrected free agent next year, so Buffalo can tender him a 1st round or 2nd round tender and hold on to him.

Josh Norman was brought in because of his veteran leadership and past success in McDermott's system. If he makes the team it will probably be as a back up CB to Wallace.

I expect Beane to draft big athletic CB to develop behind Wallace and be mentored by Norman.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

7 hours ago, The Chosen said:

Depends on what you'd have to give up in the trade. We're pretty set with corners, I wouldn't want to pay too much. He'd be a luxury not a need. 

You need a lot of corners with all the nickel and dime packages you have to run.  Plus injuries can throw your rotation into the dryer.  

Now, if Josh Norman can play well enough, we should be good - for 2020.

On the other hand, if you have a Ronald Darby level of talent to fall to us at 54, you have to consider it.  Norman is a one year deal.   

1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

You need a lot of corners with all the nickel and dime packages you have to run.  Plus injuries can throw your rotation into the dryer.  

Now, if Josh Norman can play well enough, we should be good - for 2020.

On the other hand, if you have a Ronald Darby level of talent to fall to us at 54, you have to consider it.  Norman is a one year deal.   

I can't predict what will happen but I think Beane would draft a CB before he brings back a CB he traded away.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

3 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

I can't predict what will happen but I think Beane would draft a CB before he brings back a CB he traded away.

I don't think the Bills want Ronald Darby.   But he was a 2nd round pick that was good enough to start as a rookie. 

In the draft, IMO there is the possibility the Bills might have a CB that drops to them at 54 that is the same level of talent.  If so, they will surely weigh CB as a possible at 54.

1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

I don't think the Bills want Ronald Darby.   But he was a 2nd round pick that was good enough to start as a rookie. 

In the draft, IMO there is the possibility the Bills might have a CB that drops to them at 54 that is the same level of talent.  If so, they will surely weigh CB as a possible at 54.

If one of Trevon Diggs or Damon Arnette or Byrce Hall or Cameron Dantzler falls to 54 , Buffalo may draft a CB in the 2nd round.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

13 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

If one of Trevon Diggs or Damon Arnette or Byrce Hall or Cameron Dantzler falls to 54 , Buffalo may draft a CB in the 2nd round.

I could see that.   On paper all 4 of those guys have a chance to start or push for reps as a rookie.

Honestly I don't know which is the best fit for McDermott style defense.  FYI Bryce Hall, Virginia is coming off ankle surgery which forced him to miss 1/2 his senior year.

2 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

I could see that.   On paper all 4 of those guys have a chance to start or push for reps as a rookie.

Honestly I don't know which is the best fit for McDermott style defense.  FYI Bryce Hall, Virginia is coming off ankle surgery which forced him to miss 1/2 his senior year.

Byrce Hall would be a 1st round pick if he wasn't coming off an injury, he would be a steal in the 2nd round. Hall is a great fit for McDermott's defense, excels in zone coverage.

Trevon Diggs should also go in the 1st round, Buffalo would be very lucky if he fell to 54. Diggs offers a little more versatility than Hall, as he can play man and zone coverage.

Arnette is an elite CB, there would have to be a run on QB's and WR's for him to fall to 54. He is a good fit in any defense, and would be an absolute steal at 54.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

He has never played for the Panthers. So hard pass ...

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

2 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Byrce Hall would be a 1st round pick if he wasn't coming off an injury, he would be a steal in the 2nd round. Hall is a great fit for McDermott's defense, excels in zone coverage.

Trevon Diggs should also go in the 1st round, Buffalo would be very lucky if he fell to 54. Diggs offers a little more versatility than Hall, as he can play man and zone coverage.

Arnette is an elite CB, there would have to be a run on QB's and WR's for him to fall to 54. He is a good fit in any defense, and would be an absolute steal at 54.

We will see how it unfolds.   But, yes, Hall, Diggs and Arnette APPEAR on paper to be potential starting Corners in the NFL so they would be great value if drafted at pick 54.

Report: Quinton Dunbar traded to the Seahawks for 5th round pick

hmmm.  If he plays this year on his current contract, that was a deal.