Diggs annnnd? Who else?

If the Bills go heavy on defense...AGAIN...in the draft, then the Bills are one Stefon Diggs injury away from being the same garbage offense they were last year. They need OL, RB, and WR still. With 90% of their FA signings being on defense I would ASSUME these spots will addressed in the draft....but BuT buT bUt BEst PlAyer AvAilaBle crowd will surly say otherwise. 

• Like 1

miserable that 70s show GIF

Free agency officially starts today.

There is plenty of time for Beane to sign an offensive player to a bargain deal like he did last year with Quinton Spain who worked out very well for Buffalo.

I could see Beane signing a veteran RB or OT to a judicious contract. Beane is not going to over pay for a free agent, that is why Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson are not here.

Also remember that this draft is loaded at WR, Beane can draft a WR in the 3rd or 4th round that would be a 2nd round pick in anther year or a WR in the 2nd round that would be a 1st round pick in anther year.

NFL teams don't value RB's like they used to and RB drop in the draft as a result. If Jonathan Taylor drops to 54, he should be drafted by Buffalo and would be an absolute steal.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

5 thoughts and a grade on Buffalo Bills signing DL Quinton Jefferson

Today 11:23 AM
Quinton Jefferson

(Photo courtesy of the Seattle Seahawks)

shares

Orchard Park, N.Y. — There is angst in Seattle on this Wednesday morning after four-year defensive tackle Quinton Jefferson agreed to a contract with the Buffalo Bills in free agency.

The prevailing consensus is that the Seahawks should have brought back the versatile Jefferson, who started 12 games in 2019 and posted a career-high 3.5 sacks.

The Athletic’s Michael-Shawn Dugger, who covers the Seahawks, tweeted about the development on Tuesday night after Jefferson tweeted a face-palm emoji: “Quinton Jefferson’s tweet means exact (SIC) what it sounds like,” he wrote. “He’s not re-signing with the Seahawks. As I’ve mentioned before, Q Jeff had become that inside-outside DL Seattle had been looking for with high picks in last few drafts. Now, gone.”

Well, Seattle’s loss is Buffalo’s gain. Here are five thoughts and a grade on the signing.

1. Where does Jefferson fit on Bills’ d-line?

The nice part about the Jefferson signing is that he can play both on the edge and move inside to tackle. When it comes to position flexibility, departing edge rusher Shaq Lawson had the most on the defensive line. He was able to move inside when needed. Jefferson now takes over that role while also being able to provide the push inside that the Bills lose with Jordan Phillips’ departure.

2. What does d-line additions mean for Trent Murphy?

Jefferson is one of three new defensive linemen the Bills have added this week. Former Carolina Panthers edge rusher Mario Addison and defensive tackle Vernon Butler were also added, making Murphy’s future very much in question. The Bills have edge rusher Darryl Johnson on the roster, who they really liked on a limited basis as a rookie. Mike Love will be back in camp after suffering a season-ending pectoral injury last year before the season. The thing about Murphy is that he’s entering the last year of his contract and he’ll count almost $10 million against the Bills’ cap. If Buffalo releases him it will save about $8 million, giving Bills general manager Brandon Beane even more resources to add players at other positions. Murphy was really good in the playoff game against the Houston Texans, recording a pair of sacks in the game. But with the new bodies ready to compete for playing time it could mean the end of Murphy’s time in Buffalo.

3. Here comes the pressure

Jefferson has recorded 39 pressures over the last two seasons while playing about 55 percent of the snaps in Seattle. Of all the free agent defensive tackles, only Kansas City Chiefs’ Chris Jones, San Francisco 49ers’ Ark Armstead and Dallas Cowboys’ Maliek Collins had a higher pass rush win rate than Jefferson in 2019.

1qJCfhzT_bigger.jpg

Double team rate as an edge rusher (x) by pass rush win rate as an edge rusher (y) in 2019 for players who were in the last season of their contract.

Lower qualifying threshold than usual to get a few more players in.

View image on Twitter

Double team rate as a defensive tackle (x) by pass rush win rate as a defensive tackle (y) in 2019 for players who were in the last season of their contract.

Lower qualifying threshold than usual to get a few more players in.

View image on Twitter

4. Bills give him a favorable deal

Another smart deal by Beane that fortifies the line. Jefferson brings with him three playoff starts and the experience of winning in the playoffs. It’s an economical deal that gives him a little more than what Phillips made last season but with the same type of out after this season if things don’t work.

5. Jefferson is a sneaky good find

Jadeveon Clowney made most of the headlines in Seattle last season and even Ziggy Ansah may have been on Bills fans’ radar in free agency. But Jefferson is the guy that many Seahawks fans seem bummed to lose. He’s a rotational piece that could be even more effective because of the complimentary pass rush that Sean McDermott and Leslie Frazier deploy in their scheme. Four rushers, versatile and with different responsibilities, rushing as one. Jefferson could find a lot of success in new home.

GRADE: A

Jefferson is a depth piece with real potential to fill a vital role for the Bills as they try to increase their pass rush efficiency in 2020. Buffalo finished 17th in the NFL in pressure rate (23.3 percent), 12th in sacks (44) and 14th in hurry percentage (9.4 percent). Jefferson should help all three of those numbers increase next season.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2020/03/5-thoughts-and-a-grade-on-buffalo-bills-signing-dl-quinton-jefferson.html

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

30 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Diggs annnnd? Who else?

Taiwan Jones.  :niterider:

• Thanks 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

How you feeling now? I'm feeling great!

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

Let's kick the tires on clowney, we got enough $$$.  Let's look at Melvin Gordon, we got $$$ for him too. Then in the draft OL, TE. WR, and edge...in that order too.

10 minutes ago, Down and Out said:

Let's kick the tires on clowney, we got enough $$$.  Let's look at Melvin Gordon, we got $$$ for him too. Then in the draft OL, TE. WR, and edge...in that order too.

Melvin for the right price for sure!!  OL is what we should do with the 2nd pick......but currently im very stoked so far!  Whatever issues some may have with Beane the guy gets a passing grade with me in trying to upgrade this team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, jpp said:

Melvin for the right price for sure!!  OL is what we should do with the 2nd pick......but currently im very stoked so far!  Whatever issues some may have with Beane the guy gets a passing grade with me in trying to upgrade this team

There will be some good OT's available in the 2nd and 3rd round.

I really like Prince Tega Wanogho or Ezra Cleveland in the 2nd round, or Lucas Niang or Hakeem Adeniji in the 3rd round.

I believe Beane will draft an athletic OT to battle Cody Ford for the RT spot and back him up if Ford wins the RT job.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

7 minutes ago, Flan said:

Beane won't overpay for Melvin Gordon, but a contract full of incentives is likely if Gordon is signed.

IMO I would go after Matt Brieda in free agency and draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th round.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

17 minutes ago, jpp said:

With Stefon added is awesome..I flippin love it....i cant believe the rare few that are bitchin about it..like really?? We been complaining so long about some WR help and lo and behold we get one of the best in the league in his prime....yeah no complaints from me.....I think JA will take another step forward...i expect a big step and nothing less.......my only concern is the coaching....we saw them fuck up quite abit last season in the stupid playcalling that happened....will it continue??

I need to see Brian Daboll step up as a play caller and in his in game adjustments.

I need to see Allen take the next step in his development.

I'm amped up and think Buffalo can have an explosive offense this year.

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

8 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Super Bowl here we come lol.

Believe it or not you need role players that can play special teams to win playoff games.

There is no guarantee that Jones makes the team, but I'm not going to bitch and whine about Beane adding a role player.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

3 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Believe it or not you need role players that can play special teams to win playoff games.

There is no guarantee that Jones makes the team, but I'm not going to bitch and whine about Beane adding a role player.

free agency is for exactly that. Signing role players. 
but damn straight I’ll be bitching when the Bills neglect the offense....again....in the draft. And I know you will say “no they won’t” but didn’t you say that last year? And the year before that? And each time the Bills used high picks for defense. As I predicted each time. 

Stefon Diggs is a step in the right direction....but it’s not enough. 

36 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

I need to see Brian Daboll step up as a play caller and in his in game adjustments.

I need to see Allen take the next step in his development.

I'm amped up and think Buffalo can have an explosive offense this year.

Yes and yes to your last 2 points but im still skeptical about Daboll.....I always go by history and this guy is not looking very good at all....IMO.......sorry but last season over all maybe 2 games consistant playcalling throughout the games but overall complete cluster fuck IMO.....I will be extremely surprised if he completely turns the corner next season and of course if he does i will be ecstatic.....under utilizing Singletary when we really needed a running game throughout pretty much most of the season is an offence to say the least...and he did do it..........overall i am excited about all our players...just worried about the playcalling though....

2 hours ago, seandelevan said:

free agency is for exactly that. Signing role players. 
but damn straight I’ll be bitching when the Bills neglect the offense....again....in the draft. And I know you will say “no they won’t” but didn’t you say that last year? And the year before that? And each time the Bills used high picks for defense. As I predicted each time. 

Stefon Diggs is a step in the right direction....but it’s not enough. 

Beane will add talent, both offense and defense through the draft.

Do you think Dallas over paid for Amari Cooper by signing him to a 5 year $100 million contract? I don't know about you but I would rather have Stefon Diggs on his current contract.

What player do you want Beane to sign in free agency?

Don't you think the offense will improve by having all of the starting OL returning this year? And shouldn't the offense improve because they aren't starting 4 new players like they were in 2019? Shouldn't the offense improve because there won't be 9 new starters like there were in 2019?

Beane will add a RB, WR, possibley 2 WR's and an OT in the draft, and I"m sure you will still find something to complain about.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

2 hours ago, jpp said:

Yes and yes to your last 2 points but im still skeptical about Daboll.....I always go by history and this guy is not looking very good at all....IMO.......sorry but last season over all maybe 2 games consistant playcalling throughout the games but overall complete cluster fuck IMO.....I will be extremely surprised if he completely turns the corner next season and of course if he does i will be ecstatic.....under utilizing Singletary when we really needed a running game throughout pretty much most of the season is an offence to say the least...and he did do it..........overall i am excited about all our players...just worried about the playcalling though....

I have been one of the most vocal critics of Daboll here, and if he doesn't improve as an OC then he needs to be fired. Daboll has been given a lot of talented players on offense and no he has no excuses if the offense doesn't improve.

I'm caustically optimistic that Daboll will evolve as a play caller and OC.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

12 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Beane will add talent, both offense and defense through the draft.

Do you think Dallas over paid for Amari Cooper by signing him to a 5 year $100 million contract? I don't know about you but I would rather have Stefon Diggs on his current contract.

What player do you want Beane to sign in free agency?

Don't you think the offense will improve by having all of the starting OL returning this year? And shouldn't the offense improve because they aren't starting 4 new players like they were in 2019? Shouldn't the offense improve because there won't be 9 new starters like there were in 2019?

Beane will add a RB, WR, possibley 2 WR's and an OT in the draft, and I"m sure you will still find something to complain about.

We shall see won’t we? I’m not a betting man but if I were I’d bet you they’ll reserve there top picks for defense like they always do. 

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

We shall see won’t we? I’m not a betting man but if I were I’d bet you they’ll reserve there top picks for defense like they always do. 

Last year Beane drafted RT/RG Cody Ford in the 2nd round, RB Devin Singletary in the 3rd round and TE Dawson Knox in the 3rd round, they all played and contributed to the offense.

Last year Beane signed WR Cole Beasley and WR John Brown, and LG Quinton Spain, C MItch Morse and RG Jon Feliciano in free agency.

I'm not sure where you are getting this fallacy that Beane ignores the offense.

Ed Oliver dropped to the Bills at 9 and he was a steal considering many draftniks thought he was a top 5 talent. Buffalo needed to replace Kyle Williams after he retired. Buffalo really lucked out getting Oliver at 9.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

21 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Diggs annnnd? Who else?

If the Bills go heavy on defense...AGAIN...in the draft, then the Bills are one Stefon Diggs injury away from being the same garbage offense they were last year. They need OL, RB, and WR still. With 90% of their FA signings being on defense I would ASSUME these spots will addressed in the draft....but BuT buT bUt BEst PlAyer AvAilaBle crowd will surly say otherwise. 

Dammit delevan hold it together man it's only March|!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, seandelevan said:

Diggs annnnd? Who else?

I agree with you.  I think they'll sign a RB.  I think the market for Gordon is nowhere near what he thought and they may be able to land him.  He'd be great with Singletary.

I'm hopeful they draft a tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round because it would be fantastic if they got a guy who does well enough this year that they can let Dawkins walk next year and get another few years of not paying top $$ to a LT.

• Thanks 1

Neither Allen nor Daboll has any excuses left.   It's put up or shut time. 

• Thanks 2

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.