Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Trading up for CeeDee Lamb *vs* Trading for Stefon Diggs

Let's assume you only have two choices:

1)  Trade up from pick 22 to pick 10 to get WR CeeDee Lamb.

2)  Trade picks for WR Stefon Diggs.

Trading up from 22 to 10 would have cost a lot more than giving up a 5th this year and a 4th next year (let's cancel out the 6th and 7th for now)

Lamb potential can be a great WR.  We think.    With Diggs we know what he can do and has done.

My initial reaction was that the Bills gave up too much for Diggs, but if you use this type of analysis, I think while it is a rich package of picks, it makes sense.

• Like 1

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

13 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

Let's assume you only have two choices:

1)  Trade up from pick 22 to pick 10 to get WR CeeDee Lamb.

2)  Trade picks for WR Stefon Diggs.

Trading up from 22 to 10 would have cost a lot more than giving up a 5th this year and a 4th next year (let's cancel out the 6th and 7th for now)

Lamb potential can be a great WR.  We think.    With Diggs we know what he can do and has done.

My initial reaction was that the Bills gave up too much for Diggs, but if you use this type of analysis, I think while it is a rich package of picks, it makes sense.

What do you “Know” Diggs can do here?  He has never been a bonafide number 1, his best seasons are no better than John Brown put up. 

Lamb is the prototypical #1, who if you went up to get, let’s not forget you could also look at any of the other guys in the first round as well, because I’m more for Jeudy, but whatever, you get for 5 years at ~$6-7MM.   You get a big target, that you need, and you get a guy who is a red Zone threat.  Captain 6tds/yr and the majority of them are not from the red zone is not the guy you need.

This trade was the equivalent of giving up the #18 pick overall, so you already moved up.  You spent more money to get a guy who has been a locker room headache and giving shit to a far more polished QB than the one you have here. 

I don’t have an issue with pursuing Diggs per say, but this was an awful trade.  It is compounded by the Nuke trade, but the Texans are officially lost.  There is NO WAY Minnesota should have pulled a 1st for Diggs, much less getting 3 more picks on top of it.  Beane gets raped in a trade, yet again.

Lamb COULD be great...who knows? Or he could be a bust. Or it might take 2-3 years to find it out.

im fucking done building for the future. Been doing that for fucking 20 god damn years. I’m done. Let’s win now. 

• Like 1

miserable that 70s show GIF

What's this "rich" package of picks nonsense? It's nothing of the sort.

We gave up a late first which probably wouldn't have been enough to get a true difference maker (Diggs is that).

Then we gave up a late 5th and a 6th...not rich at all, especially when you got those picks from fleecing other teams and you still have a 5th and two 6ths.

And a 4th next year is gonna be a late 4th which equates to a 5th since it's a year out.

The only pick that hurt to give up was the 1st, but that's a fair price for a top 5 wideout in his prime.

33 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

We gave up a late first which probably wouldn't have been enough to get a true difference maker (Diggs is that).

Then we gave up a late 5th and a 6th...not rich at all, especially when you got those picks from fleecing other teams and you still have a 5th and two 6ths.

And a 4th next year is gonna be a late 4th which equates to a 5th since it's a year out.

The only pick that hurt to give up was the 1st, but that's a fair price for a top 5 wideout in his prime.

Exactly.   It was a fair trade.   And imo better than trading up for a CeeDee Lamb.   That would have cost our 22nd, a 1st next year...and more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philly'sFinest said:

Top 5 Wideout 😂😂😂😂😂 He wasn’t the number one on his OWN TEAM.  He’s Basically what Robert Woods was here.  You guys are delusional.  

Julio Jones

Hopkins

Evans

OBJ

Michael Thomas

ALL BY A MILE.  Diggs averages 72 catches, 12.7 yrds, 6 TD.. get out of here with this Top 5 bull shit.  His best season he had 1130 yards and 6 tds.  Michael Thomas blew his best season out of the water his rookie year.  Just stop.  He’s good.  That’s it.  Get over it, they added a second John Brown at the cost of 4 picks.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DC2007 said:

Top 5 Wideout 😂😂😂😂😂 He wasn’t the number one on his OWN TEAM.  He’s Basically what Robert Woods was here.  You guys are delusional.  

Julio Jones

Hopkins

Evans

OBJ

Michael Thomas

ALL BY A MILE.  Diggs averages 72 catches, 12.7 yrds, 6 TD.. get out of here with this Top 5 bull shit.  His best season he had 1130 yards and 6 tds.  Michael Thomas blew his best season out of the water his rookie year.  Just stop.  He’s good.  That’s it.  Get over it, they added a second John Brown at the cost of 4 picks.  

You don’t watch the games I see. Every week Diggs gets the number 1 corner , not Adam Thielen. To compare Diggs to Woods is a joke. Do you realize that both John Brown and Cole Beasley had more targets than Diggs last year. Let that sink it. As a number 1 I would like for Diggs not to disappear for stretches at a time, but the guy is basically Antonio Brown without the targets.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I see Stefon Diggs compatible to Jerry Jeudy in terms of playing style. Buffalo would have to give up more than it did for Diggs in order to trade up in the draft to select Judy.

This is a great trade for Buffalo because now defenses have to pick there poison on who to double team or shift coverage towards, John Brown or Stefon Diggs.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

We got a guy that rates as one of the best, if not thee best route runner in the NFL. This is huge for Allen. He has great arm strength, but needs someone who can get visual separation from the corner, Diggs is probably the best in the league at it. Beane just landed the best option he could have for a QB with a rocket arm that needs to "See" the open WR. Also, lets not overlook the money here. Four years at 11 mill +/- a year is an outstanding deal. The cascade effect on the other wideouts and TE is also significant. You can't ignore Diggs, he will eat you alive if you do. The happiest guys in the building , besides Allen should be Brown and Beasley. They should see a lot of single cover now.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anybody notice a similarity here?

1 hour ago, protocal69 said:

You don’t watch the games I see. Every week Diggs gets the number 1 corner , not Adam Thielen. To compare Diggs to Woods is a joke. Do you realize that both John Brown and Cole Beasley had more targets than Diggs last year. Let that sink it. As a number 1 I would like for Diggs not to disappear for stretches at a time, but the guy is basically Antonio Brown without the targets.

So the guys here Allen airmailed got more looks than a “#1” WR?  Yeah, that should tell ya something there cupcake. 

51 minutes ago, DC2007 said:

So the guys here Allen airmailed got more looks than a “#1” WR?  Yeah, that should tell ya something there cupcake. 

Mike Zimmer is an old school ultra conservative coach who wants to run the ball in a ball control offense. The amount of targets for Stefon Diggs were limited as a result of being in a run first offense.

Brian Daboll has shown with his playcalling that he is not afraid to air it out, with a short passing game, some runs to keep the defense honest and a few shots down the field for big plays. Diggs is a perfect WR for this offense because he can run every pass route, short, intermediate and long, and is a nightmare to cover because of his separation skills and route running skills.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

After a couple days of reflection, Beane did the best move based on the landscape, IMO