Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

All year long: "The Bills have sooooo much cap room"

7 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Free Agency comes and CRICKETS.

I'm good with it, you knew ahead of time that Beane usually lets the first wave of overpriced free agents come and go and then hones in on the performers at more team friendly prices. Does this surprise you?

• Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Just now, SackMan518 said:

I'm good with it, you knew ahead of time that Beane usually lets the first wave of overpriced free agents come and go and then hones in on the performers at more team friendly prices. Does this surprise you?

Then we don't need "alll the cap room" that everyone brags about.

We could do what Beane wants with HALF as much.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

I expect a huge chunk of the cap will be eaten up extending White, Dawkins and Milano....but there should be enough left for a few starters from fa.

• Like 2

Fa doesn't officially begin until Wednesday. The smartest and best players aren't agreeing to new contracts yet, they want FA to play out and have a chance to listen to as many offers as possible. 

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

12 minutes ago, bcw said:

I expect a huge chunk of the cap will be eaten up extending White, Dawkins and Milano....but there should be enough left for a few starters from fa.

I see it the same way. 

Beane may sign 1 edge rusher and 1 or 2 players for offense like WR Breshad Perriman or Demarcus Robinson or Tajae Sharpe and a RB like Matt Brieda or Jordan Howard.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

22 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

I see it the same way. 

Beane may sign 1 edge rusher and 1 or 2 players for offense like WR Breshad Perriman or Demarcus Robinson or Tajae Sharpe and a RB like Matt Brieda or Jordan Howard.

I see an OLB, D-lineman, RB and maybe a WR....along with any other guys they feel are good depth/locker room players.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, bcw said:

Those would be some MASSIVELY front-loaded contracts.

36 minutes ago, bcw said:

I see an OLB, D-lineman, RB and maybe a WR....along with any other guys they feel are good depth/locker room players.

Beane is all about getting players that are good fits for the system and for the culture.

I'm hoping he is able to sign DJ Reader or Corey Liuget and Donte Fowler or Robert Quinn

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

Free Agency comes and CRICKETS.

Well Beane signed Josh Norman ahead of Free Agency, as well as Quinton Spain, met with Kirksey and Greg Olson, so they haven't been napping like Buddy Nix. LOL.

I think Beane is holding true to what he said at the Combine.  "We are not going to be splashing money around on Free Agents".

He wants to save money to use for Dion Dawkins, Tre White, etc.

We will see some signings.   Hopefully we get an EDGE guy.  A good one.  

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Yeah all that cap room will be used to sign even more backups and role players! FUCK YEAH! And the homers will try convince us they were signings that will put the Bills over the hump. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Disagree 1

miserable that 70s show GIF

I'm  with you Lit, the ONLY guy I am "worried" about resigning is Tre White and I would already have that done if I was Beane, make him the highest aid corner, before the market resets.  No hes not worth it, but God help you if you wait.

Milano is not special, ride him till its over and redraft.  Im not paying Dawkins either, hes average.  Mr. "Best LB prospect since LT, Edmunds" had sure as hell better show up soon, but hes probably getting paid.  Then we have Allen...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DC2007 said:

I'm  with you Lit, the ONLY guy I am "worried" about resigning is Tre White and I would already have that done if I was Beane, make him the highest aid corner, before the market resets.  No hes not worth it, but God help you if you wait.

Milano is not special, ride him till its over and redraft.  Im not paying Dawkins either, hes average.  Mr. "Best LB prospect since LT, Edmunds" had sure as hell better show up soon, but hes probably getting paid.  Then we have Allen...

The only problem with that strategy is you have a limited # of draft picks.  IDEALLY, you hit of some players, get 4-5 years of good production and then sign them to an extension.  So that you don't have to burn draft picks on replacing them.

That way your draft picks can be used to improve other spots on your roster that need upgrading.

I do agree that we should be drafting an OT this year, if the board falls right.   Not to force a replacement of Dawkins, but to give us options.  Especially if Cody Ford doesn't blossom at Right Tackle. 

Draft EDGE and OT and WR.    Try to sign Cliff Harris, CB and then we don't need a CB in the 1st three rounds.     Oh, and  yeah, draft LB  Justin Strnad from Wake Forest in the 5th and maybe he can compete for a starting LB position.

• Like 1

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

someone is about to post a the Carolina connection strikes again thread

• Like 1

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

Yeah all that cap room will be used to sign even more backups and role players! FUCK YEAH! And the homers will try convince us they were signings that will put the Bills over the hump. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

The current regime is the best one Buffalo has had in 20 years. 

Beane is the best GM Buffalo has had since John Butler.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

29 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

The current regime is the best one Buffalo has had in 20 years. 

Beane is the best GM Buffalo has had since John Butler.

Agree 100%. But this doesn’t make them infallible. Wish they would run a more balanced team. 

miserable that 70s show GIF

8 minutes ago, Philly'sFinest said:

Another Lit thread that aged extremely well...hahahaha!!!

Huh?

We still haven’t signed anyone.

Hahahaha!!!!! I see Lit's still a fucking idiot.

Perfect.

• Like 1

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

51 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Huh?

We still haven’t signed anyone.

Buffalo signed AJ Klein and Mario Addison and traded for Stefon Diggs.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg