Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Anyone buying up stock now with the market so low?

14 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Delta, RCCL, Ford, etc all taking big losses.

Im buying. 

A fellow was talking about cruise ship stocks a couple of days ago, but when I brought them up to someone yesterday, I was told they were already up.

Similar to 9/11, but maybe not as good, there are a lot of bargains right now due to irrational behaviors(as exhibited on here).  Quality thread, Lit. 

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

If you are comfortable with risk, and are thinking long term, ExxonMobil pays an 8% + dividend at todays price.  Information purposes only.

• Thanks 1

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

In going to wait another a week or two and drop some more money into investments.  This will pass and stocks will rise again, if you fortunate enough to have extra to invest then you should seriously consider doing so.  We all have to get to a point where we have money making money for us while we sleep...

• Like 1

Anyone use Robin Hood for investing?

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

12 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Im buying. 

Nope, took loses Thursday putting 20% into cash. Took to much of a loss, and don't want to have to go back to work. Personally think the 10% gain on Friday will be lost and want to see the market stabilize. Many great names of battered companies, although think we have more room to the downside. Could be a disaster coming, who knows. Think of all the people who will not be collecting a paycheck.............. Want to see things play out more.

Check credit ratings, those companies highly leveraged may be in trouble, and not be able to obtain loans. Not going to try and catch this falling knife, and normally I'm agressive.

• Thanks 1

You probably are too late if you're asking this question.  I gobbled up a bunch of Tesla stock, and bought more bitcoin at 4500

40 minutes ago, Sucked In Again said:

Nope, took loses Thursday putting 20% into cash. Took to much of a loss, and don't want to have to go back to work. Personally think the 10% gain on Friday will be lost and want to see the market stabilize. Many great names of battered companies, although think we have more room to the downside. Could be a disaster coming, who knows. Think of all the people who will not be collecting a paycheck.............. Want to see things play out more.

Check credit ratings, those companies highly leveraged may be in trouble, and not be able to obtain loans. Not going to try and catch this falling knife, and normally I'm agressive.

ya i didn't put all my investment stash in yet.  Im not thinking it's done.  If US ever starts aggressively testing, we are going to see our infected numbers skyrocket, inciting further panic in the markets.  If Tesla hits the mid 400s I'm gonna be all over it again

• Like 1

I'm still letting it play out.  Until the virus takes a down turn I think the prices will continue to drop.  :niterider:

• Like 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

14 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Im buying. 

Still to early.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jamsim67 said:

Still to early.

Do you think the cruise stock can bottom out more than 80%?  Serious question

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

41 minutes ago, miamibillsnut said:

Yes, could be a dead indusrtry for a year /2. Let me ask you this, when will they start sailing again? When they do start sailing, what % will that be to 2 months ago? How is the public going to react? Are they going to be able to staff their ships? Will they be able to overcome all the lost profits from not operating now? How much debt are they currently in to pay with no income? Can they get financing?

Too many unknowns for me.  How many hero's have there been Kmart/Sears, Kodak, Ford, Macy's, American Airlines?

One week ago Norwegian / RC was a bargain compared to their history, what has changed since then other than going from $24.09 to $11.10 for Norwegian which includes a 15% gain on Friday? 

Hypothetically if you invest $10,000 tomorrow are you prepared for it to be worth $5,000 on Friday, because that's what happened to all the people who thought they were getting a bargain last week.

Good Luck!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, miamibillsnut said:

I don’t think much of anything is going to bottom out yet, still think we have a ways to go. So yes, they can sink further 

6 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

Anyone use Robin Hood for investing?

I don't.  But know several who do.  They have had several software breakdowns in the last week and a half.

Also, settlement of funds takes a few days longer than other brokerages.

Robin Hood is a good concept, but I wouldn't try to use them for Day Trading or if you need your money quickly.

1 hour ago, miamibillsnut said:

IMO There are other, better places to invest.

The cruise industry, and their stocks, could suck for a very long time.   

Invest in really good companies, with promising futures. 

True life example, Alleghany Technogies, Inc. (ATI), which has a plant in Lockport, and $4 billion in annual revenues. 
Their stock price was as high as $115 dollars per share in 2007.

It was crushed in 2008/2009 and fall to $20 dollars a share.   Went back up to $65 a share in 2011 but fell to $8 in 2016.  Then back up to $28 in 2018.

It was killed this past week and is down to $10.     Why?  It is a big company, $4 billion in revenue but it sells specialty metals to the Airline Industry.   Their future is not good.

Look at:   Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT)    3M (NYSE: MMM)     Zynga (NASDAQ: ZNGA)    Jack Henry & Associates (NASDAQ: JKHY)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

I don't.  But know several who do.  They have had several software breakdowns in the last week and a half.

Also, settlement of funds takes a few days longer than other brokerages.

Robin Hood is a good concept, but I wouldn't try to use them for Day Trading or if you need your money quickly.

Cool thanks, I'm going with Ameritrade.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

Not really, I am going to borrow half of my 401K to buy a house, I need to get away from my landlord and landlords in general and so I am going to combine that and my savings to put down a hefty down payment (1/3) down.  I am then going to be happy that I have 30+ years until retirement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

If you purchased $100k in RCCL stock at 10am, and sold it at 4pm, you would have made $25k today.

Go for it!

10 minutes ago, Sucked In Again said:

Go for it!

Word.  Lit will be the new Wolf Cub of Wall Street.  :niterider:

• Haha 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

8 minutes ago, Woody said:

Word.  Lit will be the new Wolf Cub of Wall Street.  :niterider:

Once again he is over exxagerating acting like he knows what he's talking about with big bucks.

His RCCL example I'm assuming is Royal Caribbean which Is actually RCL. RCL opened Friday at $31.02, days low was $28.94, and closed at 32.33.

If $100,000 was purchased at the low it would have been worth $111,700 at the high

Sounds to me like he needs to continue his path of criticizing JA and kissing Belechek's ass.

I’m liquidating and putting everything into Kimberly-Clark stock. Nobody will forget the big TP SHORTAGE OF 2020. ( I think there was a virus too)