Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jc856

I have 2 questions about about this virus situation

Recommended Posts

1.- Is there ANYONE here that is completely gobsmacked that this virus broke out?

2.- Is there ANYONE that thinks there won’t be more? Even worse?

 

Anyone with half a brain knows that these things will continue to happen. The world is a more connected place. You can be in Buffalo today, and Beijing tomorrow. Our consumer goods come from everywhere. Maybe we need a good kick in the ass to get us to pay attention. I’ve always said that a rapidly mutating virus was going to be one of the top 3 ways the human race is going to get wiped out. And we WILL get wiped out. Maybe not tomorrow, but someday. Thoughts?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jc856 said:

1.- Is there ANYONE here that is completely gobsmacked that this virus broke out?

2.- Is there ANYONE that thinks there won’t be more? Even worse?

Anyone with half a brain knows that these things will continue to happen. The world is a more connected place. You can be in Buffalo today, and Beijing tomorrow. Our consumer goods come from everywhere. Maybe we need a good kick in the ass to get us to pay attention. I’ve always said that a rapidly mutating virus was going to be one of the top 3 ways the human race is going to get wiped out. And we WILL get wiped out. Maybe not tomorrow, but someday. Thoughts?

I'm all good.  Rational.  Wits about me.  No fear.  I think I'll pop a beer.  Maybe we'll get wiped out one day, but it won't be from this new Chinese strain of coronavirus.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

I'm all good.  Rational.  Wits about me.  No fear.  I think I'll pop a beer.  Maybe we'll get wiped out one day, but it won't be from this new Chinese strain of coronavirus.   

I agree. This isn’t to fear-monger. But, in the future, should we, CAN WE, be more prepared for the next INEVITABLE one? Maybe we can kick the can of human extermination down the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been on this planet for 40 years and have never remembered a more miserable time. If this is Gods way of fixing things then so be it. I think humanity has reached it's pinnacle. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jc856 said:

I agree. This isn’t to fear-monger. But, in the future, should we, CAN WE, be more prepared for the next INEVITABLE one? Maybe we can kick the can of human extermination down the road.

Not sure you can be more prepared than we already are for the unpredictable.  This rhetoric about Trump "dropping the ball" is nothing but pure partisan election year bullshit.  Shoe on the other foot and they'd be screaming bloody murder.  Shameful behavior by the left/dems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, RaoulDuke said:

I've been on this planet for 40 years and have never remembered a more miserable time. If this is Gods way of fixing things then so be it. I think humanity has reached it's pinnacle. 

I disagree. No time in human history has there been a better time to live. And, why don’t we keep god out of the discussion. That a whole oil tanker size can of worms. Things can improve for humankind, if we can avoid getting eliminated, by our actions (blowing ourselves up), or things beyond our control ( virus, asteroid strike, etc.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jc856 said:

I disagree. No time in human history has there been a better time to live. And, why don’t we keep god out of the discussion. That a whole oil tanker size can of worms. Things can improve for humankind, if we can avoid getting eliminated, by our actions (blowing ourselves up), or things beyond our control ( virus, asteroid strike, etc.).

Dont ask for  thoughts and then ask me to limit my response to not not include God.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sucked In Again said:

Have to wait for TWD's response before I commit.

He’s bailing Alex Jones out of jail right now. Then they’re going to Applebee’s to discuss the next Bilderberg protest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RaoulDuke said:

Dont ask for  thoughts and then ask me to limit my response. 

Fair enough. But if god leaves us to fend for ourselves, we can discuss options. If this is part of his plans for us, we’re just along for the ride. Either way, discussing god is an exercise in futility. Just my opinion. You seem like a reasonable guy. Don’t mean to be critical of your opinion.👍😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt pretty good after the H1N1/Ebola outbreak that the USA made the appropriate changes at the federal level to address these types of outbreaks and had the right people in charge.  When the current administration failed to continue the Pandemic Response Team put in place by the previous administration, I don't think anyone thought much about it.  I know I didn't and it wasn't big news.  My thoughts have always been if something like this breaks out, the federal government will be prepared.  I was wrong.  If anything, this Virus will highlight the shortcomings of our healthcare system and our government's ability to balance public safety and economic interests.

Where are today didn't have to be as it it is.  The administration botched their early response and by underplaying the threat, magnified the impact on the USA.  For personal and political reasons they failed to get out ahead of the issue and now the USA will be one of the last countries to return to normal instead of one of the first.  

Will there be a similar problem in the future.  Absolutely.  The difference will hopefully be a better organized response that's based on the facts of science instead of a "Hunch" and self serving interests.  Hopefully this administration can admit their shortcomings in addressing this issue and be better prepared for the next one should they be returned to office in 2021 or at the least leave a new infrastructure in place for the next administration like the previous one did.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jc856 said:

Fair enough. But if god leaves us to fend for ourselves, we can discuss options. If this is part of his plans for us, we’re just along for the ride. Either way, discussing god is an exercise in futility. Just my opinion. You seem like a reasonable guy. Don’t mean to be critical of your opinion.👍😎

No worries.....its strange times. Be safe and  love  the ones you're with. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Woody said:

I'm not.  Exotic diseases are always going to emerge from shit hole countries.  When you have animals stacked up in cages, shitting and pissing all over each other strange things are going to happen.  :niterider:

It'll happen again.  The Bird/Swine/Ebola's of the world will make their rounds.  :niterider:

The US needs to bring their medical supply chains home.  This incident has shown us that China has us by the balls when it comes to life saving medications.  :niterider:

There's a message here: avoid shit hole countries.  Like communist China.  Fuck them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Woody said:

I wouldn't say its miserable, we just live in different times.  Everybody is jacked into the news and social media 24/7.   If we weren't drinking corona virus information from a fire hose our lives would be a lot better right now.  :niterider:

Yes!  Excellent post.  Boycotting the "news" for the time being.  Going to watch a movie instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jc856 said:

Our lives aren’t as bad as the media would have you believe. It’s bad news that sells newspapers.......

Ain't that the truth.  I suggest everyone read the lyrics to that asshole Don Henley's song "Dirty Laundry".  For the record, Danny Kortchmar wrote that song, not Henley.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might help too if we didn't have these labs concocting these weird unnatural viruses and then letting them get out. Why are we playing God with nature and what possible use could there be for these things? It's like little kids playing with matches for the first time and in a country where regulations on such activities are almost non-existent.

  • Like 2

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

 

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

 

- Howard Beale, Network

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Why are we playing God with nature and what possible use could there be for these things?

It could be used to cull the herd.  I'm not completely sold on the "man made" theory, but if you wanted to target and eliminate your elderly population the corona virus would be a great tool.  :niterider:

 


process.jpg

 

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t buy the man-made theory either, but I am pretty amazed that this started in a market in a small province in China and in less than three months it is covered the entire planet. That is just amazing that people have that much contact with each other that their network of encountering each other can cover the world in three months

  • Like 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

 

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

 

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

It might help too if we didn't have these labs concocting these weird unnatural viruses and then letting them get out. Why are we playing God with nature and what possible use could there be for these things? It's like little kids playing with matches for the first time and in a country where regulations on such activities are almost non-existent.

 

F5AA77EE-B075-41AC-8B9D-E1AD36D33088.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HipKat said:

I don’t buy the man-made theory either, but I am pretty amazed that this started in a market in a small province in China and in less than three months it is covered the entire planet. That is just amazing that people have that much contact with each other that their network of encountering each other can cover the world in three months

Love the avatar. Hope Lit doesn’t get scared or you’re going to lose it

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Woody said:

It could be used to cull the herd.  I'm not completely sold on the "man made" theory, but if you wanted to target and eliminate your elderly population the corona virus would be a great tool.  :niterider:

I still have suspicions about it being altered by man simply because we've been experimenting with chemicals, viruses, and germs for a long time with some being used in warfare. As of yet there's no solid confirmation that it is indeed man made so all we can do is speculate.


Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

 

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

 

- Howard Beale, Network

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

I still have suspicions about it being altered by man simply because we've been experimenting with chemicals, viruses, and germs for a long time with some being used in warfare. As of yet there's no solid confirmation that it is indeed man made so all we can do is speculate.

I mean the origins of it basically is a real-life umbrella corp in a real life version of raccoon city.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...