drpepper

And the Carolina connection continues - Bills sign Josh Norman

The Bills have welcomed several former Panthers coaches, executives and players in the last few years and they’re adding another to kick off this week. Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that the team has agreed to a one-year, $6 million deal with cornerback Josh Norman. Norman played for the Panthers when Bills head coach [more]

View the full article

Low risk High reward scenerio. Maybe Norman shows some flash from when he was with the Panthers and being paired with Tre they become the Dynamic Duo. Also that might make the 1st and 2nd round of the draft more Offense related. 

• Thanks 1

:bills:Lets Go Buffalo!!!!!!

images.jpeg

I watch a lot of Redskins games.

Josh Norman was bad the last two years.  Plus he is 32 years old.

Hope McDermott has a plan to put Norman in the right scheme.

I guess it is a $6 million dollar dice roll.   I will remain in wait and see mode regarding Josh Norman.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

If this means we won't draft a corner prior to round 5, hell yes!

• Thanks 1

MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:

1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS

3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX

4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

:bills:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetsy

Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

He will have a better front 7 in front of him here, he'll be the number 2, not number 1. Safe, team friendly prove it deal. If he stays healthy, should be good for the Bills. Hopefully getting cut and ultimately signing a team friendly deal with Buffalo will humble him enough to want to put in the work.

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

4 hours ago, VolsBillsMagic said:

I’m fine with the 1 year deals for former stars to see if they have anything left to prove

We need this guy more than the tackle who helped put us on the map? Remember that eagle vet safety who never played...

24 minutes ago, nealpellecchia@yahoo said:

We need this guy more than the tackle who helped put us on the map? Remember that eagle vet safety who never played...

We still very well may draft a CB at some point this draft. I think this is more kicking the tires and hope for the best, rather than bringing in a risky move needing immediate contribution 

45 minutes ago, nealpellecchia@yahoo said:

?

might not make it to opening day, who cares though.  How much is guaranteed?  Bills can likely afford to just eat 3m or so if they got to cut him

Josh Norman still has to earn a spot on the 53 man roster, I'm sure the entire contract is not guaranteed money. Having veteran depth behind Levi Wallace and a CB they will most likely draft in the 3rd or 4th round is not a bad idea.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

He's good in zone coverage only and would be good for the number 3 spot behind White and Johnson.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

who cares......low risk on a 1 year deal......if it doesnt work out oh well no biggie.......He did good in McD's zone scheme which washington doesnt run....so hopefully he has a resurgance so to speak.....im good with it....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jpp said:

who cares......low risk on a 1 year deal......if it doesnt work out oh well no biggie.......He did good in McD's zone scheme which washington doesnt run....so hopefully he has a resurgance so to speak.....im good with it....

And if he makes the roster he will most likely be a back up CB and help mentor the younger CB's like Levi Wallace and the rookie CB Beane will draft at some point in the draft.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

He’ll quit after a week two blowout loss....or during.

Dammit, when I originally broke the news he was available and the logic would make sense to McDermott and fans, I repeated that same joke...with the variation he wouldn't be doing that.  ;)

While this signing doesn't mean anything for certain, someone who hates defense as much as you could choose to be happy about it. as it does signal that drafting a CB high might be less likely than it was before....as evidenced by others on here with similar misgivings to your own.  ;)  Cheer up you sullen SOB!    

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Joe Buscaglia, one of the better Bills beat writers(in my opinion), weighs in:

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

58 minutes ago, StraightJ said:

Joe Buscaglia, one of the better Bills beat writers(in my opinion), weighs in:

Josh Norman played poorly last year when they used him in man coverage. Norman has limited athleticism and limited deep speed. You have to play to the strength of your players, Norman excels in zone coverage and should be exclusively used in zone coverage.

No one knows if he will make the team, but at the very least he know McDermott's scheme,  is a good team mate and can help the younger players learn the nuances of McDermott's scheme. I'm assuming Beane will draft a CB in the mid rounds to be developed and compete with Levi Wallace for a the CB 2 role in 2021. Norman is a 1 year stop gap player who knows McDermott's system and will have a chance to make the roster if he plays well.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

2 hours ago, StraightJ said:

Dammit, when I originally broke the news he was available and the logic would make sense to McDermott and fans, I repeated that same joke...with the variation he wouldn't be doing that.  ;)

While this signing doesn't mean anything for certain, someone who hates defense as much as you could choose to be happy about it. as it does signal that drafting a CB high might be less likely than it was before....as evidenced by others on here with similar misgivings to your own.  ;)  Cheer up you sullen SOB!    

Oh I told a co worker that. That maybe...just maaaybe that means no DB in round one or two. 

And I don’t “hate” defense. I hate the “process”, which is obviously defense first and foremost. And offense will be 1975. And it’s been 1975 offense for fucking years now and it’s been done on purpose. And why? 

miserable that 70s show GIF

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 7:38 PM, seandelevan said:

Oh I told a co worker that. That maybe...just maaaybe that means no DB in round one or two. 

And I don’t “hate” defense. I hate the “process”, which is obviously defense first and foremost. And offense will be 1975. And it’s been 1975 offense for fucking years now and it’s been done on purpose. And why? 

Tell these coworkers that some of us are getting sick of them and the misery they've helped spread up in this board for years....I'd figuratively love to grab them by the scruff of their coats and shake some sense into them.  They may rank less popular on here than the corona virus!

• Haha 1