Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

The Definitive Coronavirus Thread

15 hours ago, HipKat said:

Sadly, I just found out a few hours ago, my 87 yr old mother, who is in a nursing home back in Buffalo with Alzheimer's tested positive today. Her symptoms are mild right now - slight fever and cough but her breathing is normal. And yeah, I'm freaking out about it

@Meathead

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

sorry to finally see it. good luck, man

• Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Whoops!  Why does it always seem that facts are against Donald?  Facts have this nasty yet consistent habit of always proving that he's a lying piece of shit and little more than a sly, crass snake-oil salesman.  How is that? Why is that?  Donald's apologists?  Can you help me to explain this?  

Are the facts that prove Donald wrong simply fake news and whatever Donald claims is the truth?  Is that how it works?

Coronavirus: President Trump’s Testing Claims Fact-Checked

In a video clip posted by the White House on Twitter, President Trump has made several claims about testing policy in the United States, an issue over which his administration has faced significant criticism.

We've been checking these claims out.

Claim one

"The testing has been incredible now, and to a level that nobody's seen... we have tested more than all countries put together."

President Trump says the US has carried out more tests than every other country in the world combined.

The latest data shows that a total of 6,231,182 tests have been carried out in the US.

This is more than any other single country.

However, it's nowhere near as many as the rest of the world combined.

Just adding together the totals of Spain, Italy, Germany and the UK gives you more than the US.

The US also still lags behind several other nations in terms of testing per capita.

Exact testing comparisons can be difficult as countries count testing in different ways.

But looking at the latest data available, the US has carried out about one test in every 53 people. Italy has performed around one in every 30 people, Spain around one in every 45, and Australia around one in every 45.

Claim two

"We had old-fashioned tests that didn't work -- they were really obsolete -- they didn't work; they were broken."

President Trump says his administration had a "broken" test that didn't work when first testing for the coronavirus.

He has previously said: "We inherited a broken test -- the whole thing was broken."

The US did have faulty tests initially after the White House conceded the first batch sent out by the government's central health body produced inconclusive results.

However, these tests were introduced in February under the Trump administration, so they weren't inherited or old.

In early March, the White House conceded the US did not have enough testing kits, but since then it has significantly ramped up testing, with the total number increasing six fold since the start of April.

Claim three

"Millions of tests -- and the highest quality test."

When President Trump talks about the "highest quality" test, it's not exactly clear what he's referring to. He has previously said the US tests are "better" than those used in other countries.

However, when it comes to antigen tests -- tests that tell you if someone currently has coronavirus -- the accuracy tends to be similar across the globe.

The Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics, an independent evaluator of tests, based in Switzerland, says its results "see equally good performance from companies in multiple countries".

Antibody tests -- which tell you if someone has previously had Covid-19 -- have so far proved unreliable and have not been widely rolled out. So, the "millions of tests" must be the antigen ones.

There is no clear evidence that these tests in the US are any better or worse than in any other country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52493073

16 hours ago, HipKat said:

Sadly, I just found out a few hours ago, my 87 yr old mother, who is in a nursing home back in Buffalo with Alzheimer's tested positive today. Her symptoms are mild right now - slight fever and cough but her breathing is normal. And yeah, I'm freaking out about it

That's an awful thing.   I'm sorry to hear that.  

18 hours ago, HipKat said:

Hipkat,

So sorry.  Praying for her and your family.  What is your Grandmother's first name?  

1 hour ago, Flan said:

Hipkat,

So sorry.  Praying for her and your family.  What is your Grandmother's first name?  

Now I know why people get so confused on this forum. Mother! Not grandmother LOL. Anyway, her name is Ruth and thank you very much. It is much appreciated

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

@Professor Piggy Donald does not deal in facts because Donald only knows lies. Anything that is the truth is like a foreign language to him because the truth is always something that would inhibit his desires

• Like 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

20 hours ago, HipKat said:

Hope you feel better Hip. Don’t know why I didn’t see this. But like I said in the sb, (mh as well) seems like posts appear and disappear, reappear, idk. This is my experience anyway. Maybe the Literverse is like our universe.

Update, she's developed pneumonia also. Her oxygen levels went way down, but they put her on oxygen and they stabilized. Her blood sugar is all over the place and her temp has remained under 100 but my brother said she's very pale and that's how my Dad looked the night he died. I have a feeling I might be in Buffalo soon. I might even buy the first round - if your brave enough

• Like 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

12 hours ago, HipKat said:

Update, she's developed pneumonia also. Her oxygen levels went way down, but they put her on oxygen and they stabilized. Her blood sugar is all over the place and her temp has remained under 100 but my brother said she's very pale and that's how my Dad looked the night he died. I have a feeling I might be in Buffalo soon. I might even buy the first round - if your brave enough

I know we have our battles here but I hope your Mom comes through and wish you the best of luck!

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

18 hours ago, HipKat said:

Now I know why people get so confused on this forum. Mother! Not grandmother LOL. Anyway, her name is Ruth and thank you very much. It is much appreciated

Dang I new it was your mother, but just typed grandmother.  Praying for your mother Ruth.  So sad about your latest update. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

I know we have our battles here but I hope your Mom comes through and wish you the best of luck!

I would still drink a beer with you and I mean really drink a beer not the Angry Birds version of drink a beer Rachel sisters

• Like 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, HipKat said:

I would still drink a beer with you and I mean really drink a beer not the Angry Birds version of drink a beer Rachel sisters

OK I have no idea why my iPad decided to add Rachel sisters to that post. Just more evidence that iOS is shit

Seek help. soflabillsfan

On 5/1/2020 at 3:31 PM, HipKat said:

I hope she makes a full recovery.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Trump Spent the Weekend Tweeting Wild Conspiracy Theories While Nearly 5,000 Americans Died of Coronavirus

And he kept it up on Monday morning.

May 4 2020, 10:12am
ShareTweetSnap

AP PHOTO/PATRICK SEMANSKY

Want the best of VICE News straight to your inbox? Sign up here.

If you had any illusions that President Donald Trump might slow down after a wild weekend of outrageous tweeting from Camp David, you would be wrong.

On Monday morning, Trump fired off a shot at MSNBC host Joe Scarborough and co-host/wife Mika Brzezinski, saying Florida should “open up a long overdue Florida Cold Case” against Scarborough over the 2001 death of one of the employees in then-Congressman Scarborough’s district office.

The death of 28-year-old Lori Klausutis was ruled an accident; the coroner said she had an undiagnosed heart condition that caused her to pass out, and she hit her head when she fell, causing a fatal blood clot to the brain. But this isn’t the first time Trump has implied his former friend had something to do with Klausutis’ death.

Aside from casually implying that Scarborough killed someone, over the weekend Trump gorged on positive news about himself, wrote highly questionable retweets, and attacked opponents in politics and the media. After tweeting that he had 96% support from Republicans in the latest Gallup poll (it was 93%, but who’s counting), he retweeted an account called SexCounseling that asked: Why not 100%?

Trump also said MSNBC host Nicole Wallace was thrown off ABC's "The View" “like a dog,” after she said that presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden, who’s been accused of sexual assault, was the victim of a smear campaign from the Right:

Trump then hit out at Wallace’s former boss, President George W. Bush, for not defending him during his impeachment trial, after Bush released a video Saturday calling for political unity during the pandemic:

Then, he retweeted a tweet from QAnon follower and former Republican congressional candidate DeAnna Lorraine asserting that rapist billionaire Jeffrey Epstein didn’t kill himself.

And on Sunday, Trump got weirdly biblical, kind of:

To cap off the weekend, Trump did a two-hour virtual town hall with Fox News, in which he again revised his prediction of how many Americans would die from coronavirus upward to 100,000, predicted a vaccine would be available by the end of this year with absolutely no evidence, and said that some states skeptical of reopening right away “frankly aren’t going fast enough.”

At least 4,780 people (and counting) have died of coronavirus in America since Friday, according to STAT News.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/jgeyy3/trump-spent-this-weekend-tweeting-wild-conspiracy-theories-while-nearly-5000-americans-died-of-coronavirus?utm_source=reddit.com

• Like 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/may/03/michigan-gretchen-whitmer-lockdown-protest-racism

Swastikas and nooses': governor slams 'racism' of Michigan lockdown protest

Gretchen Whitmer says heavily armed men and Confederate flags at state capitol ‘depicted some of the worst racism and awful parts of our history’

Bryan Armen Graham in New York

Mon 4 May 2020 00.49 BSTLast modified on Mon 4 May 2020 14.09 BST

•  
  •  
  •  
Shares

Armed protesters take part in rally on 30 April at the Michigan state capitol in Lansing, demanding the reopening of businesses shut as an anti-coronavirus measure.  Armed protesters take part in rally on 30 April at the Michigan state capitol in Lansing, demanding the reopening of businesses shut as an anti-coronavirus measure. Photograph: Jeff Kowalsky/AFP via Getty Images

Governor Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan issued a rebuke of the armed protesters who gathered inside the state capitol last week in defiance of statewide lockdown orders, saying the demonstrators embodied some of the “worst racism” of the nation’s history.

“Some of the outrageousness of what happened at our capitol depicted some of the worst racism and awful parts of our history in this country,” Whitmer said during a Sunday interview on CNN’s State of the Union.

Last week Donald Trump had said of the protesters: “These are very good people.”

Hundreds of protesters, many not wearing protective face masks and some armed legally with “long guns”, gathered inside the statehouse in Lansing on Thursday as lawmakers debated the Democratic governor’s request to extend her emergency powers to combat the coronavirus pandemic. The tightly packed crowd attempted to enter the floor of the legislative chamber and were held back by a line of state police and capitol staff, according to video footage posted by local journalists.

“We have to listen to the epidemiologist and health experts and displays like the one we saw at our capitol is not representative of who we are.” Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer reacts to protesters descending on her state’s capitol, including some who were armed. #CNNSOTU

Embedded video

Whitmer highlighted that the number of protesters was relatively small but that the imagery some of them used was a disturbing reminder of ugly elements of America’s past. “We know that people are not all happy about having to take the stay-home posture,” Whitmer said on Sunday, “and you know what, I’m not either. But we have to listen to the public health experts and displays like the one we saw in our state capitol are not representative of who we are in Michigan.

“There were swastikas and Confederate flags and nooses and people with assault rifles. That’s a small group of people when you think that this is a state of almost 10 million people, the vast majority of whom are doing the right thing.”

Play Video
1:01
 Armed protesters enter Michigan's state capitol demanding end to coronavirus lockdown – video

Displaying the Confederate flag, or other symbols of the slave-owning south during the American civil war, is usually seen as racist. While some claim they are celebrating southern identity, it is widely seen as a racist symbol deeply offensive to black Americans. There is also an ongoing campaign to remove Confederate war statues from public display or rename streets and buildings which commemorate Confederate generals or politicians.

Last week, the Democratic congresswoman Rashida Tlaib, who represents Michigan’s 13th congressional district, condemned the demonstrations at the state Capitol. “Black people get executed by police for just existing, while white people dressed like militia members carrying assault weapons are allowed to threaten State Legislators and staff,” Tlaib wrote in a tweet on Thursday.

Rashida Tlaib(@RashidaTlaib)

Black people get executed by police for just existing, while white people dressed like militia members carrying assault weapons are allowed to threaten State Legislators and staff.

📣Our gun laws are so broken. https://t.co/w6Vw97kTV9

April 30, 2020

The protests continued to draw national attention on Friday when Trump once again threw his support behind the rightwing movement, saying Whitmer should “make a deal” with the demonstrators.

“The governor of Michigan should give a little, and put out the fire,” the president wrote on Twitter. “These are very good people, but they are angry. They want their lives back again, safely! See them, talk to them, make a deal.”

Demonstrators display a Confederate flag at the anti-lockdown protest in Lansing.

Demonstrators display a Confederate flag at the anti-lockdown protest in Lansing. Photograph: Jeff Kowalsky/AFP via Getty Images

When asked if it was appropriate for the president to express support for protests in which “long guns” were carried on Friday afternoon, the White House press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, said the president supported the right to protest within the law and while following federal social distancing guidelines.

“The president says that we must protest lawfully and act within the bounds of the law,” said McEnany.

The staggering effects of the pandemic among Whitmer’s electorate in terms of both illness and unemployment have placed a nationwide focus on Michigan, which is certain to be a key battleground state in the upcoming presidential election. The state had long been regarded as a Democratic stronghold but went for Trump four years ago, helping to spring his surprise electoral victory.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Here's a great one, Pelosi set up her CARES Act bipartisan oversight committee to monitor the funds are there aren't any Republicans on it. This was revealed on CNN with an Alisyn Camerota interview.

ALISYN CAMEROTA: You have set up a coronavirus oversight panel to figure out how these trillions of dollars will be spent. Your Republican colleagues seem wary of this panel. They think it's a setup of some kind. Impeachment 2.0, some have called it. Are there any Republicans on the committee? What do you say to them to assuage their fears about this?

NANCY PELOSI: Well, the appointments that I made to the committee are, I think, create a chemistry of working in a bipartisan way. Our distinguished chairman, Mr. Clyburn, has a record if his state of South Carolina of doing these oversight-kind of activities under Democratic and Republican governors to much acclaim. This is about waste, fraud, abuse, profiteering, price gouging. Where there's money, there's mischief, there's just no question about it. And, again, as we review all of that, to take us to where you began this conversation, how do we get to a place to open up the economy to, again, save lives, but also save livelihoods as we go forward? I’m very proud of it. It is modeled after something Harry Truman did when he was a senator at the beginning of World War II. 

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

So here's a poll. Is Nancy's new "bipartisan" financial oversight committee:

A) Setting up Impeachment 2.0

B) A shield to cover up financial malfeasance in Democrat controlled states receiving CARES aid

C) Something else.

D) All of the above.

- Howard Beale, Network

• Thanks 1

- Howard Beale, Network