Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

No America, It’s Not Gonna Be Okay

JOHN PAVLOVITZ

I am a newly retired optimist.

I used to believe that things would always be okay: that no matter how bad circumstances seemed in the world, I trusted that people would do the right thing, that goodness would prevail, that the rational center would hold.

I used to believe that our system of checks and balances would protect us from overreaching parties and mentally-unstable presidents and political leaders lacking a working moral compass.

I used to believe that most people were basically decent, and that this decency would win the day, because our shared humanity was something we were all equally interested in protecting.

I no longer believe those things.

I no longer believe that our leaders will choose country over party, because over and over and over, I’ve watched them pervert the system and disregard the rules in order to hold power and steal elections and gain Federal judges.

I no longer believe that the truth matters to everyone, because I’ve witnessed too many powerful people ransom it off to the highest bidder, and too many people I love grow violently allergic to facts.

I no longer believe that the American Church is a source or moral leadership, because I’ve witnessed the Franklin Grahams and Jerry Falwells of the Evangelical Right, sink deeper and deeper into the putrid cesspool of their political bed-making.

And I have zero confidence in those presently leading us, to do anything to defend the common good:

They are not going to protect the air we breathe or the waterways that sustain us or the diverse ecosystems that hold life together, when there’s so much money to be made off of them.

They are not interested in stopping gun violence or mass shootings, because they profit from both the guns that create the carnage—and the fear it generates among their base.

They have no intention of protecting marginalized and vulnerable communities from discrimination, when they can use those very communities as props to terrify the privileged into bans and walls and wars and rally cries of “send them back” and “lock her up.”

They have no interest in stewarding the full diversity of America—only leveraging and weaponizing some fairy tale nationalistic nostalgia to keep uneducated white people more focused on anthems and flags, than on the disparate humanity they’re supposed to be providing refuge for.

And I know that because there is no integrity or nobility left in the people currently leading us, that things are not going to be okay as long as good people are bullied into silence and numbed into inaction and content to merely feel bad and do nothing else.

The only way things are going to be okay—is if good people make them okay:

If the 100 million people who abstained from voting in 2016, decide they give a damn enough to register to vote, and that a few hours next November are worth sacrificing in order to get a Government that represents them.

If Christians and Atheists and Muslims and Jews and Sikhs and Agnostics and Hindus and Buddhists and Humanists who are all committed to the common good—realize that their strength is in their combined power and their unified voice.

If progressives and moderates realize that hashtag campaigns and one day marches aren’t substitutes for sustained engagement in the political process and showing up at the polls en masse and in unison.

If moderate people of faith stop ceding the conversation about religion to the bigots, grow louder about their religious convictions, and push back hard against the supremacy and misogyny and nationalism of the Evangelical Right.

If straight, white Christians decide that the rights of migrant families and gay teenagers and Muslim communities are worth them pissing-off their friends and neighbors and pastors and families, to defend.

These are unprecedented days in our nation and in the world.

Simply believing that our leaders will do what is right is irresponsible now.

Trusting that everything will work out simply because it always tended work out, is a fool’s delusion.

Having faith in the system when the system is so badly broken is willfully consenting to our demise.

No, positivity alone is not enough anymore, only positivity and moving are.

I want to come out of retirement and be optimistic again, but it will be a whole lot easier if a whole lot more people stop trusting that the arc of the moral universe will simply bend toward justice—and decide to be arc benders.

I hope the people of faith and morality and conscience all decide that they won’t leave the future to chance.

No America, things will not be okay—unless we wake up and make them okay.

• Thanks 1
  • Barf 3

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

• Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

8 hours ago, Meathead said:

great article, hk, perfectly sums up my own feelings

its never been this bad in america in my lifetime. we now act like a third world country shithole with a nationalistic dictator at the helm

super fucked up time in america, for sure

God you're ignorant.  So full of Trump hatred.  Bat shit crazy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HipKat said:

JOHN PAVLOVITZ

I am a newly retired optimist.

I used to believe that things would always be okay: that no matter how bad circumstances seemed in the world, I trusted that people would do the right thing, that goodness would prevail, that the rational center would hold.

I used to believe that our system of checks and balances would protect us from overreaching parties and mentally-unstable presidents and political leaders lacking a working moral compass.

I used to believe that most people were basically decent, and that this decency would win the day, because our shared humanity was something we were all equally interested in protecting.

I no longer believe those things.

I no longer believe that our leaders will choose country over party, because over and over and over, I’ve watched them pervert the system and disregard the rules in order to hold power and steal elections and gain Federal judges.

I no longer believe that the truth matters to everyone, because I’ve witnessed too many powerful people ransom it off to the highest bidder, and too many people I love grow violently allergic to facts.

I no longer believe that the American Church is a source or moral leadership, because I’ve witnessed the Franklin Grahams and Jerry Falwells of the Evangelical Right, sink deeper and deeper into the putrid cesspool of their political bed-making.

And I have zero confidence in those presently leading us, to do anything to defend the common good:

They are not going to protect the air we breathe or the waterways that sustain us or the diverse ecosystems that hold life together, when there’s so much money to be made off of them.

They are not interested in stopping gun violence or mass shootings, because they profit from both the guns that create the carnage—and the fear it generates among their base.

They have no intention of protecting marginalized and vulnerable communities from discrimination, when they can use those very communities as props to terrify the privileged into bans and walls and wars and rally cries of “send them back” and “lock her up.”

They have no interest in stewarding the full diversity of America—only leveraging and weaponizing some fairy tale nationalistic nostalgia to keep uneducated white people more focused on anthems and flags, than on the disparate humanity they’re supposed to be providing refuge for.

And I know that because there is no integrity or nobility left in the people currently leading us, that things are not going to be okay as long as good people are bullied into silence and numbed into inaction and content to merely feel bad and do nothing else.

The only way things are going to be okay—is if good people make them okay:

If the 100 million people who abstained from voting in 2016, decide they give a damn enough to register to vote, and that a few hours next November are worth sacrificing in order to get a Government that represents them.

If Christians and Atheists and Muslims and Jews and Sikhs and Agnostics and Hindus and Buddhists and Humanists who are all committed to the common good—realize that their strength is in their combined power and their unified voice.

If progressives and moderates realize that hashtag campaigns and one day marches aren’t substitutes for sustained engagement in the political process and showing up at the polls en masse and in unison.

If moderate people of faith stop ceding the conversation about religion to the bigots, grow louder about their religious convictions, and push back hard against the supremacy and misogyny and nationalism of the Evangelical Right.

If straight, white Christians decide that the rights of migrant families and gay teenagers and Muslim communities are worth them pissing-off their friends and neighbors and pastors and families, to defend.

These are unprecedented days in our nation and in the world.

Simply believing that our leaders will do what is right is irresponsible now.

Trusting that everything will work out simply because it always tended work out, is a fool’s delusion.

Having faith in the system when the system is so badly broken is willfully consenting to our demise.

No, positivity alone is not enough anymore, only positivity and moving are.

I want to come out of retirement and be optimistic again, but it will be a whole lot easier if a whole lot more people stop trusting that the arc of the moral universe will simply bend toward justice—and decide to be arc benders.

I hope the people of faith and morality and conscience all decide that they won’t leave the future to chance.

No America, things will not be okay—unless we wake up and make them okay.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thebowflexbody said:

God you're ignorant.  So full of Trump hatred.  Bat shit crazy.

While I would say that post may seem technically accurate and a normally reasonable response, you may be too relatively new here to understand Meat is kind of board royalty for the remant that's left here, plus he is dealing with some issues that can make even relatively decent man rage, let alone Range members who have been conditioned over many years in regards to what is accepted here....and with the abject lack of negative feedback experienced by some, the behavior becomes habituated and even less of a conscious decision over the course of time.

I hope that I did not provide a bad influence or encouragement for you to say anything to meet when I answered the poor SOB passionately(though politely).  Over the years, I believe there may have been multiple occasions where I've busted his balls excessively, and most folks say you can never go back.  

That's what these propaganda pieces are meant to do....whether this one was intentional disinformatiom, or of the author became this delusional from taking too big a dialy dose of infotainment from #fakenews(all stations, even fox....just different flavors of sh*t with different deceptive narratives meant to use different groups to help them acheive different ends).  Like a virus or whatever sickness, we observe here how this character became delusional from likely watching larger outlets, and then misused his abilities which then triggered Meat, which in turn induced you to have what coulod be what the flaming left like him considers to be a micro agression.(I asked earlier what the heck those were, and nobody has explained yet...I think it sounds rather gay, to be honest with you)....

I think led me to feel inspired to try to relatively quickly at least attempt to diffuse the situation.  I dont know if what I am doing might be viewed as when the occupied media calls "mansplaining", which I think may also sound gay.  Regardless, it isn't my intent....but it is my intent to get one of these flaming leftists who participate in the spreading of these words to explain them to me.

Anyhow, Ive said more than I wanted.  I hope that despite him getting triggered by the by the shameful display of propaganda by hip, that his words against your personal lord and savior do not trigger you to want to beat the Meat.

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Propaganda? Jesus, between that and your infatuation with me, you have issues dude

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

4 hours ago, HipKat said:

Propaganda? Jesus, between that and your infatuation with me, you have issues dude

You're gay.