Sign in to follow this  
HipKat

Trump Fucks Workers Over

Trump Gives Defense Department Power To Abolish Bargaining For Civilian Unions - Full Story

President Donald Trump has officially granted the Department of Defense the legal authority to abolish the collective bargaining rights of its civilian labor unions representing some 750,000 workers.

Gutting the unions would provide “maximum flexibility,” Trump wrote in a memo published Thursday in the Federal Register, which was first reported by Government Executive. 

Trump signed the memo three weeks ago, invoking “national security” to justify granting the Defense Department an exemption from the law giving all federal workers the right to unionize. 

“When new missions emerge or existing ones evolve, the Department of Defense requires maximum flexibility to respond to threats to carry out its mission of protecting the American people,” Trump wrote in the memo. “Where collective bargaining is incompatible with these organizations’ missions, the Department of Defense should not be forced to sacrifice its national security mission.”

The 1978 Civil Service Reform Act contains a provision that allows a president to exclude agencies from engaging in collective bargaining with workers via written order in some circumstances, including “an emergency situation.”

Trump’s assault on unions contradicts his frequent claims to his base of supporting voters that he is a champion of the working class. A 2017 White House memo encouraged “eliminating employee unions” as part of a wide-ranging effort to weaken organized labor. Trump’s budget for fiscal 2021 would require federal workers to pay more for a cut in retirement benefits.

• Like 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Sounds pretty ominous but there's another take to the story:

President Donald Trump plans to make it possible for Department of Defense leadership to exempt certain federal employees from statutory requirements that allow them to collectively bargain for benefits with agency officials.

Trump issued a memo Jan. 29 that was published in the Federal Register on Feb. 21, delegating authority to the defense secretary to determine whether any DoD agency or subcomponent would need flexibility or agility that merits removing collective bargaining protections.

“This flexibility requires that military and civilian leadership manage their organizations to cultivate a lethal, agile force adaptive to new technologies and posture changes,” Trump wrote. “Where collective bargaining is incompatible with these organizations’ missions, the Department of Defense should not be forced to sacrifice its national security mission and, instead, seek relief through third parties and administrative fora.”

Officially, the president has the right to exclude any agency or subdivision from collective bargaining coverage under U.S. code if the agency performs intelligence, counterintelligence, investigation or national security work as its primary function. The president must also determine that the collective bargaining requirements could not be applied in a manner that allows for those considerations of national security.

Presidents Ronald Regan, George W. Bush and Barack Obama each issued executive orders using that authority to exempt specific DoD and Department of Justice employees from coverage under the Federal Service Labor-Management Relations Program, but none of these actions delegated the determining authority from the president to an agency head.

• Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

I'm alright with this.  The DoD is a "my way or the highway" organization and they shouldn't have to be bothered with unions.  This may also help with clearing out the driftwood in the workforce.  :niterider:

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

4 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

Sounds pretty ominous but there's another take to the story:

President Donald Trump plans to make it possible for Department of Defense leadership to exempt certain federal employees from statutory requirements that allow them to collectively bargain for benefits with agency officials.

Trump issued a memo Jan. 29 that was published in the Federal Register on Feb. 21, delegating authority to the defense secretary to determine whether any DoD agency or subcomponent would need flexibility or agility that merits removing collective bargaining protections.

“This flexibility requires that military and civilian leadership manage their organizations to cultivate a lethal, agile force adaptive to new technologies and posture changes,” Trump wrote. “Where collective bargaining is incompatible with these organizations’ missions, the Department of Defense should not be forced to sacrifice its national security mission and, instead, seek relief through third parties and administrative fora.”

Officially, the president has the right to exclude any agency or subdivision from collective bargaining coverage under U.S. code if the agency performs intelligence, counterintelligence, investigation or national security work as its primary function. The president must also determine that the collective bargaining requirements could not be applied in a manner that allows for those considerations of national security.

Presidents Ronald Regan, George W. Bush and Barack Obama each issued executive orders using that authority to exempt specific DoD and Department of Justice employees from coverage under the Federal Service Labor-Management Relations Program, but none of these actions delegated the determining authority from the president to an agency head.

That is some nice reporting.

HipKat's title was disingenuous, at best.  Everyone is picturing coal miners or quarrymen in the early 20th century; that is so far from the reality.

• Like 2

On 2/22/2020 at 7:39 PM, HipKat said:

Trump Gives Defense Department Power To Abolish Bargaining For Civilian Unions - Full Story

President Donald Trump has officially granted the Department of Defense the legal authority to abolish the collective bargaining rights of its civilian labor unions representing some 750,000 workers.

Gutting the unions would provide “maximum flexibility,” Trump wrote in a memo published Thursday in the Federal Register, which was first reported by Government Executive. 

Trump signed the memo three weeks ago, invoking “national security” to justify granting the Defense Department an exemption from the law giving all federal workers the right to unionize. 

“When new missions emerge or existing ones evolve, the Department of Defense requires maximum flexibility to respond to threats to carry out its mission of protecting the American people,” Trump wrote in the memo. “Where collective bargaining is incompatible with these organizations’ missions, the Department of Defense should not be forced to sacrifice its national security mission.”

The 1978 Civil Service Reform Act contains a provision that allows a president to exclude agencies from engaging in collective bargaining with workers via written order in some circumstances, including “an emergency situation.”

Trump’s assault on unions contradicts his frequent claims to his base of supporting voters that he is a champion of the working class. A 2017 White House memo encouraged “eliminating employee unions” as part of a wide-ranging effort to weaken organized labor. Trump’s budget for fiscal 2021 would require federal workers to pay more for a cut in retirement benefits.

You're a hater and an idiot.  You schtick is soooooooo tired.  Yawn......

On 2/22/2020 at 7:39 PM, HipKat said:

It should  surprise no one that Trump doesn't want a strong middle class in America.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

11 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

It should  surprise no one that Trump doesn't want a strong middle class in America.

LOL.  Right!  You're exposed Trump!  That rat bastard!

1 hour ago, junglesouljah said:

That's a surprise to me.  These last three years have been the best I've ever had in my life finance-wise. Mileage may very, I guess.  Keep America Great!  :niterider:

process.jpg

Fuck this team

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

1 hour ago, Woody said:

These last three years have been the best I've ever had in my life finance-wise. 

I don't believe you. Seriously, I think you're lying

• Haha 2

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

11 hours ago, HipKat said:

I don't believe you. Seriously, I think you're lying

That's okay, Hip.  I don't expect you to believe me.   :niterider:

yjack nicholson you cant handle the truth GIF

• Like 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

image-trump-emoticon.png

My 401K is doing great and I have at least 9 years until retirement.

401k.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

1 minute ago, SackMan518 said:

401k.png

Just think of what comrade Bernie Sanders would do to that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

401k.png

Nice...You will be a millionaire like Bernie by then 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rcas0308 said:

Nice...You will be a millionaire by then 

Certain posters around here loathe millionaires and want a share of that money.  They're lazy scumbags.

3 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Certain posters around here loathe millionaires and want a share of that money.  They're lazy scumbags.

I added Bernie to that comment. Yup jealousy of the people who work hard for it. Love the idea of the American dream...without it we are just like everyone else 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rcas0308 said:

Nice...You will be a millionaire like Bernie by then 

Awesome, maybe I can finally get that summer home that Bernie says we all have!

bernie-sanders-Lake-Champlain-summer-hom

• Like 1

Parler @NYexile

8 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Do as I say....not as I do.......

3 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

sack.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

image-trump-emoticon.png