Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

If this is true, shame on McBeane

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

No rookie WR's kick ass from day one.

Even the best WR's of all time don't kick ass from day one.

Rookie WR's take time to develop.

Diggs has never dominated, guys like Hollywood Brown, Michael Thomas, Beckham, etc have come in and put up comparable numbers to Diggs at his best.  
 

You all are acting like Diggs is a God, John Brown has had the same career, don’t get it twisted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are teams even allowed to make trades right now? I think not.

 

Beane will be right in the thick of it if Diggs is available. He tried to trade for AB ffs.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DC2007 said:

Diggs has never dominated, guys like Hollywood Brown, Michael Thomas, Beckham, etc have come in and put up comparable numbers to Diggs at his best.  
 

You all are acting like Diggs is a God, John Brown has had the same career, don’t get it twisted.

Diggs has 51 more receptions, 400 more yards and 4 more TD’s in 1 LESS game over the past 2 seasons.

Brown has never had 80+ receptions. Diggs has done in twice in his last 4 seasons.

Brown has never had more than 7 TD’s. Diggs has done it twice in his last 3 seasons.

Comparing him to Brown is super unfair.


ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, B LO said:

Are teams even allowed to make trades right now? I think not.

Beane will be right in the thick of it if Diggs is available. He tried to trade for AB ffs.

Yes.

Happens all the time.

Happened to Alex Smith two seasons ago.

The official paperwork just can’t go through until March.


ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2020 at 3:37 PM, LiterateStylish said:

No rookie WR's kick ass from day one.

Even the best WR's of all time don't kick ass from day one.

Rookie WR's take time to develop.

I agree for the most part,  but Deebo and Metcalf had damn good showings. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Diggs has 51 more receptions, 400 more yards and 4 more TD’s in 1 LESS game over the past 2 seasons.

Brown has never had 80+ receptions. Diggs has done in twice in his last 4 seasons.

Brown has never had more than 7 TD’s. Diggs has done it twice in his last 3 seasons.

Comparing him to Brown is super unfair.

They both have two 1000 yard seasons and a couple mediocre ones mixed in.  In the season Diggs had 80 catches he managed a whopping 10 yards per catch.  He's far from elite, Brown in the same circumstances is just as good. 

Give Brown a QB and lets see what happens, 2 years ago he has rookie Jackson who never went down field and this year the super Accurate Josh Allen, Diggs had a 27M qb for both years with a good reciever to take the D's attention.

 

The more I elaborate, the less I want him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DC2007 said:

They both have two 1000 yard seasons and a couple mediocre ones mixed in.  In the season Diggs had 80 catches he managed a whopping 10 yards per catch.  He's far from elite, Brown in the same circumstances is just as good. 

Give Brown a QB and lets see what happens, 2 years ago he has rookie Jackson who never went down field and this year the super Accurate Josh Allen, Diggs had a 27M qb for both years with a good reciever to take the D's attention.

The more I elaborate, the less I want him.

IMO Beane can draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round that will have as good or better production than Diggs and will not be a crazy diva headcase. 

This is one of the deepest WR draft's in years, why would you trade a 1st or 2nd round pick for Diggs  when you get get a young, hungry, motivated WR that doesn't have Diggs's issues?


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DC2007 said:

They both have two 1000 yard seasons and a couple mediocre ones mixed in.  In the season Diggs had 80 catches he managed a whopping 10 yards per catch.  He's far from elite, Brown in the same circumstances is just as good. 

Give Brown a QB and lets see what happens, 2 years ago he has rookie Jackson who never went down field and this year the super Accurate Josh Allen, Diggs had a 27M qb for both years with a good reciever to take the D's attention.

The more I elaborate, the less I want him.

We will have to agree to disagree.


ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

IMO Beane can draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round that will have as good or better production than Diggs and will not be a crazy diva headcase. 

This is one of the deepest WR draft's in years, why would you trade a 1st or 2nd round pick for Diggs  when you get get a young, hungry, motivated WR that doesn't have Diggs's issues?

Can you name any receiver in the last decade that has had 80+ receptions, 1000+ yards and 8+ TDs in their rookie season?


ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Diggs has 51 more receptions, 400 more yards and 4 more TD’s in 1 LESS game over the past 2 seasons.

Brown has never had 80+ receptions. Diggs has done in twice in his last 4 seasons.

Brown has never had more than 7 TD’s. Diggs has done it twice in his last 3 seasons.

Comparing him to Brown is super unfair.

I like Brown too. Having Diggs complements Brown and enhances both their talents. I also think he is the type of receiver Josh Allen needs at this point in time, not some raw rookie that is learning the ropes. Another big body receiver or TE will be needed regardless.
 

Use a first on a OT, slide Cody Ford inside. Get a good complimentary back to Singletary and the offense is rolling 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 1:41 PM, rcas0308 said:

I like Brown too. Having Diggs complements Brown and enhances both their talents. I also think he is the type of receiver Josh Allen needs at this point in time, not some raw rookie that is learning the ropes. Another big body receiver or TE will be needed regardless.
 

Use a first on a OT, slide Cody Ford inside. Get a good complimentary back to Singletary and the offense is rolling 

That is what I am talking.

Get the Vikings to trade us Diggs.
Sign a respectable EDGE guy in FA.
Draft an OT in the 1st round, CB in the 2nd and a RB in the 3rd....and go nuts in the 4th drafting a Wide Receiver.


Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 11:31 PM, LiterateStylish said:

Can you name any receiver in the last decade that has had 80+ receptions, 1000+ yards and 8+ TDs in their rookie season?

Oh, can I answer?   None.  Zero.  Zip.

Twist the Vikings arm to get them to trade us Diggs.
Sign a respectable EDGE guy in FA.
Draft an OT in the 1st round, CB in the 2nd and a RB in the 3rd....and go nuts in the 4th drafting a Wide Receiver.

  • Thanks 1

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

Oh, can I answer?   None.  Zero.  Zip.

Twist the Vikings arm to get them to trade us Diggs.
Sign a respectable EDGE guy in FA.
Draft an OT in the 1st round, CB in the 2nd and a RB in the 3rd....and go nuts in the 4th drafting a Wide Receiver.

 

On 2/21/2020 at 11:31 PM, LiterateStylish said:

Can you name any receiver in the last decade that has had 80+ receptions, 1000+ yards and 8+ TDs in their rookie season?

Michael Thomas.  Drafted in the second round, more yards, tds, catches and YPC than Diggs best season ever... as a rookie.  Sooo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DC2007 said:

Michael Thomas.  Drafted in the second round, more yards, tds, catches and YPC than Diggs best season ever... as a rookie.  Sooo...

And what idiots didn't draft Michael Thomas in the 1st round or at the top of the 2nd round in the 2016 Draft?

What were those teams thinking?!

FYI  In the 1st round, we drafted Shaq Lawson instead of Michael Thomas.   Then we drafted Reggie Ragland instead of Michael Thomas in 2nd round. 

FYI FYI    We also could have drafted Derrick Henry & Yannick Ngakoue instead of Reggie Ragland.


Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

And what idiots didn't draft Michael Thomas in the 1st round or at the top of the 2nd round in the 2016 Draft?

What were those teams thinking?!

FYI  In the 1st round, we drafted Shaq Lawson instead of Michael Thomas.   Then we drafted Reggie Ragland instead of Michael Thomas in 2nd round. 

FYI FYI    We also could have drafted Derrick Henry & Yannick Ngakoue instead of Reggie Ragland.

I answered the question.  I proved a rookie can be better than Diggs, both of you said that didn't exist. 

Addressing your defelctive, unrelated post, I don't disagree with the fact that was a horrible draft, I wanted Myles Jack in the first.  He wasn't the slam dunk I anticipated, but still the better pick.  Quite honestly, if the fans were allowed to draft by popular vote, the first 2 rounds of virtually every draft in the last 20 years would have been better for the Bills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DC2007 said:

I answered the question.  I proved a rookie can be better than Diggs, both of you said that didn't exist. 

Addressing your defelctive, unrelated post, I don't disagree with the fact that was a horrible draft, I wanted Myles Jack in the first.  He wasn't the slam dunk I anticipated, but still the better pick.  Quite honestly, if the fans were allowed to draft by popular vote, the first 2 rounds of virtually every draft in the last 20 years would have been better for the Bills. 

One of the most physically gifted receivers in NFL history, drafted to a team with a Hall-Of-Fame, Super Bowl Winning, Record Smashing QB ... can do better than Diggs does.

Yeah, you sure got us...

DMXSyf-UQAE68Vh.jpg.7b9af36efbccc9cbdbc48f20710e2117.jpg


ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, for the rest of us rooted in reality.

Could we hit the lottery and draft one of the VERY FEW players in NFL HISTORY who do well in their rookie season?

Sure!

You could also win the Powerball.


ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Now, for the rest of us rooted in reality.

Could we hit the lottery and draft one of the VERY FEW players in NFL HISTORY who do well in their rookie season?

Sure!

You could also win the Powerball.

Another aspect of "drafting a WR in the 1st round" is WHERE you are drafting.

If you are drafting Top 10, your chances on hitting on a WR that can contribute right away in their rookie year is much higher (Sammy Watkins aside).

Drafting a WR  in the 1st round  who produces immediately when you are drafting in the 20's makes it more of a dice roll. 

Laquon Treadwell, Pick 23
Josh Doctson, Pick 22
Breshad Perriman, Pick 26
Nelson Agholor, Pick 20
Corey Coleman, Pick 15
Kelvin Benjamin, Pick 28
Phillip Dorsett, Pick 29

Is it possible to get lucky and draft a WR this year at 22 that catches 50+ recs as a rookie?   Sure.   But there is at least a 50/50 chance he won't.

 

 


Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...