Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

If this is true, shame on McBeane

Recommended Posts

There are no confirmed reports that the Vikings are only asking for a 2nd round pick. And if there is any truth to that rumor you have to ask yourself why they only want 2nd round pick?

Is a mercurial, diva WR with a big contract worth the headache? 

I love the talent of Diggs, but if he wants to be childish and act out his every thought on social media and have fits on the sideline when a play doesn't go his way what's the point of having him?

If Beane and McDermott believe they can focus Diggs on football and manage him to prevent public outburst then they will trade for him. But this is far from a safe trade with no negatives.

All this is a moot point because the Vikings are a worth team if they trade Diggs and they are in a bad cap situation.

We will see what happens.

 


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure which of your posts to thank, or both, I guess from now I will abstain.  Interesting find Lit, definitely grateful.  Share the same initial sentiment, but Jungle did an excellent job of implanting multiple seeds of doubt to to quickly alter my mind's course.  

I guess another one of my better finds(threads) of the day is done already with this,  after jungle had killed another.  The gods may be busting my balls with the 2 of you, lol.

At the moment, the impulsive part of me staying with Lit's post, cautious part staying with Jungle's.   Angel on one shoulder, and devil on the other, I can't tell who is who,  because theyre both undercover.

 


StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

 

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

 

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

 

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

 

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Asking" for a 2nd rounder doesn't mean the first team to offer a 2nd rounder automatically gets him. Even if its true it just means the 2nd rounder is the starting point. If the Bills call up and say sure, we'll give you our 2nd rounder, then a team like Washington, with a much higher 2nd round position, says they'll give up theirs, then it becomes a bidding war. They come back and say, hey Buffalo you have to up the ante. Give us your 1st, or throw in your 3rd or 4th - or whatever.

If the Vikings have interest from multiple teams - which I would expect they do, which could drive the price higher than the advertised 2nd - and since no trade can officially happen until March 18th, and the Vikings don't have to be under the cap until March 18th, I can't say not having the deal already done at this point puts McBeane in the shameful category. At least not yet.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diggs is a great talent, one of the best route runners in the NFL, talent wise he would be a huge upgrade to any team.

But if he is going to act up on the field and off the field, and go ham on social media than that kills team chemistry and makes it all about him and not the team. Add that to the big contract he has and how difficult it would be to cut or trade him in terms of salary cap ramifications if something goes wrong and he acts up again and you have put your team in a bad situation with dead cap issues and with a potential locker room cancer.

I prefer the no nonsense WR's like AJ Green or Julio Jones that get the job done and aren't diva's.


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bumbles247 said:

"Asking" for a 2nd rounder doesn't mean the first team to offer a 2nd rounder automatically gets him. Even if its true it just means the 2nd rounder is the starting point. If the Bills call up and say sure, we'll give you our 2nd rounder, then a team like Washington, with a much higher 2nd round position, says they'll give up theirs, then it becomes a bidding war. They come back and say, hey Buffalo you have to up the ante. Give us your 1st, or throw in your 3rd or 4th - or whatever.

If the Vikings have interest from multiple teams - which I would expect they do, which could drive the price higher than the advertised 2nd - and since no trade can officially happen until March 18th, and the Vikings don't have to be under the cap until March 18th, I can't say not having the deal already done at this point puts McBeane in the shameful category. At least not yet.

There are no reports of any team offering anything.


ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW Tee Higgins, Henry Ruggs and Jerry Jeudy are all great WR prospects and don't have any diva to them. Buffalo can trade up to get Jeudy or Ruggs or stay put at 22 at get Ruggs and they won't have to worry about managing a diva personality.

 


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

BTW Tee Higgins, Henry Ruggs and Jerry Jeudy are all great WR prospects and don't have any diva to them. Buffalo can trade up to get Jeudy or Ruggs or stay put at 22 at get Ruggs and they won't have to worry about managing a diva personality.

Don't mind any of them.

But none would have the impact Diggs would have in 2020 or 2021.


ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

Don't mind any of them.

But none would have the impact Diggs would have in 2020 or 2021.

Thats an assumption.  Jeudy should come in and kick ass from day one, he knows how to run routes.  Ruggs could be a multitool ealry on, hes stuid fast and Higgins probably will need time, but I wouldn't be sure he wont be able to get by on physicality alone in the redzone at least.

If I were running this draft, I'd be calling around to see how high I can move up for a first and third to try to snipe Jeudy, I'm sold on him.  That said, its another move up for a WR, so one must be cautious.  

I would feel great about Diggs for a second, but physically hes not exaclty what you want.  This team moves fine between the 20s, the need somebody to take over in the tight areas, something they haven't had since Moulds really. They need a redzone target, maybe that can be Knox, but he's gotta make a big jump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

Diggs is a great talent, one of the best route runners in the NFL, talent wise he would be a huge upgrade to any team.

But if he is going to act up on the field and off the field, and go ham on social media than that kills team chemistry and makes it all about him and not the team. Add that to the big contract he has and how difficult it would be to cut or trade him in terms of salary cap ramifications if something goes wrong and he acts up again and you have put your team in a bad situation with dead cap issues and with a potential locker room cancer.

I prefer the no nonsense WR's like AJ Green or Julio Jones that get the job done and aren't diva's.

distractions players cause are nothing but negative so im with you

but much to my surprise, opie has indeed been spectacularly successful in building the culture he said he would. those guys are tight as hell and anybody coming in would face constant pressure directly from his teammates to toe the line. i think chances are excellent that the majority of 'distractionary' type players would drastically reduce their antics if they came here. it would always remain a risk but in the unlikely event he just continued being a distraction they would just move him

  • Thanks 1

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

 

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

Don't mind any of them.

But none would have the impact Diggs would have in 2020 or 2021.

You are making the assumption that Diggs behaves and doesn't start his diva bull shit in Buffalo.

No one is denying the talent of Diggs, he is one of the best if not the best route runner in the NFL. But if brings that extra crazy with him than all the talent in the world is not worth it.

If I'm building a team I want talented team first players, not talented me first players. There are other options out there at WR that don't involve a big contract and a diva personality through trades, free agency or the draft.


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

You are making the assumption that Diggs behaves and doesn't start his diva bull shit in Buffalo.

No one is denying the talent of Diggs, he is one of the best if not the best route runner in the NFL. But if brings that extra crazy with him than all the talent in the world is not worth it.

If I'm building a team I want talented team first players, not talented me first players. There are other options out there at WR that don't involve a big contract and a diva personality through trades, free agency or the draft.

I don't see Diggs as the same type of Diva as T.O. or AB.

As a 5 year starter, I don't think he has ever been suspended - has he?

  • Barf 1

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

No rookie WR's kick ass from day one.

Even the best WR's of all time don't kick ass from day one.

Rookie WR's take time to develop.

While it's mostly true, you get the exceptions like Randy Moss and Anquan Boldin, for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stefon Diggs vs drafting a 2nd round pick in the draft?

Stefon Diggs wins, hands down.   He caught 102 balls in 2018.

He is broken in, and read to go.   Plus his contract goes for 4 more years.  With only a dead cap of $3 mil in year 3 and $0 in year 4.

Most 2nd round WRs, if they even work out (hello Jay Zones) need time to adjust to the NFL.

* maybe you hesitate a little because of some drama, but he is a whole lot more drama free  than Antonio Brown....


Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LiterateStylish said:

No rookie WR's kick ass from day one.

Even the best WR's of all time don't kick ass from day one.

Rookie WR's take time to develop.

Exactly.    This is one example where "lightly pre-owned" is better than brand new.

Zay Jones is still trying to develop.

  • Thanks 1

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course this is true! 
 

That second round pick is going to the defense. 
 

they. Don’t. Value. Offense. Period. 
 

and stop bringing up the “but but but they tried to get Antonio Brown.” 

bullshit. I think it was a weak attempt and just a PR move. The bills had no fucking serious interest in that shit. 
if they were. Diggs would be here. If they seriously want to improve the offense. Diggs would be here. 
 

expect a MAYBE a 3rd round, prob a 4th rounder used for WR. 


miserable that 70s show GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bumbles247 said:

"Asking" for a 2nd rounder doesn't mean the first team to offer a 2nd rounder automatically gets him. Even if its true it just means the 2nd rounder is the starting point. If the Bills call up and say sure, we'll give you our 2nd rounder, then a team like Washington, with a much higher 2nd round position, says they'll give up theirs, then it becomes a bidding war. They come back and say, hey Buffalo you have to up the ante. Give us your 1st, or throw in your 3rd or 4th - or whatever.

If the Vikings have interest from multiple teams - which I would expect they do, which could drive the price higher than the advertised 2nd - and since no trade can officially happen until March 18th, and the Vikings don't have to be under the cap until March 18th, I can't say not having the deal already done at this point puts McBeane in the shameful category. At least not yet.

So what you're saying is McBean shouldn't necessarily be ashamed.....I dig. And for the record the term "McBean" has become almost as unbearable as "snowflake" in the English language language. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

Exactly.    This is one example where "lightly pre-owned" is better than brand new.

Zay Jones is still trying to develop.

Everything pointed towards Zay Jones being a safe WR, he was very productive in college becoming the all time leader in receptions. Jones had a mental health issue that was probably triggered by synthetic weed aka spice and I believe that effected his ability to reach his potential.

AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Calvin Ridley, DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, Deebo Samuel, Marquise Brown, Mecole Hardman, Terry McLaurin, Cooper Kupp, Juju Smith Schuster, Kennhy Golladay are all WR's taken with in the last 3 years who have been successful and not needed a long time to develop.


L*t is a loser

 

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

 

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Meathead said:

distractions players cause are nothing but negative so im with you

but much to my surprise, opie has indeed been spectacularly successful in building the culture he said he would. those guys are tight as hell and anybody coming in would face constant pressure directly from his teammates to toe the line. i think chances are excellent that the majority of 'distractionary' type players would drastically reduce their antics if they came here. it would always remain a risk but in the unlikely event he just continued being a distraction they would just move him

You sir, are correct.  In the past I've said similar when someone made these arguments.  Jordan Phillips was BANNED by HIS TEAM, and yet apparently has been absolutely fine here....and even outperformed expecations. 


StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

 

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

 

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

 

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

 

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Don't mind any of them.

But none would have the impact Diggs would have in 2020 or 2021.

This is correct and there is something to be said for bringing in a guy that you KNOW can do it.  All of these amazing prospects look great on paper but of this WR class that is so amazingly deep, how many will ever make a pro bowl?  Some of them will be busts.  

That said, I don't think Diggs is really on the block and certainly not for a 2nd rounder.  They have no reason to give him away.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Everything pointed towards Zay Jones being a safe WR, he was very productive in college becoming the all time leader in receptions. Jones had a mental health issue that was probably triggered by synthetic weed aka spice and I believe that effected his ability to reach his potential.

AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Calvin Ridley, DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, Deebo Samuel, Marquise Brown, Mecole Hardman, Terry McLaurin, Cooper Kupp, Juju Smith Schuster, Kennhy Golladay are all WR's taken with in the last 3 years who have been successful and not needed a long time to develop.

Not a single one of those WR's are as good as Diggs OR did as much in their first OR second year as Diggs could do for us next year.

  • Thanks 2

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Everything pointed towards Zay Jones being a safe WR, he was very productive in college becoming the all time leader in receptions. Jones had a mental health issue that was probably triggered by synthetic weed aka spice and I believe that effected his ability to reach his potential.

AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Calvin Ridley, DJ Moore, Courtland Sutton, Deebo Samuel, Marquise Brown, Mecole Hardman, Terry McLaurin, Cooper Kupp, Juju Smith Schuster, Kennhy Golladay are all WR's taken with in the last 3 years who have been successful and not needed a long time to develop.

Do we have scouts that can evaluate college WRs properly?   There is a knack to it.   (See Zay Jones, Josh Doctson, John Ross, Corey Coleman, Tyler Boyd)

I just hope we get lucky.  I know we will be drafting a WR somewhere in the 1st three rounds, we can't miss.


Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Not a single one of those WR's are as good as Diggs OR did as much in their first OR second year as Diggs could do for us next year.

Exactly.

Ask me if I want to use our pick #22 on Tee Higgins or Stephon Diggs?    

My answer would be Diggs.   Much, much less risk, and immediate production.     
And If we can get Diggs for a 2nd round pick?    Absolutely.  Let's get the deal done by March 18th, 2020.

PS I actually doubt the Vikings will trade him.

  • Thanks 1

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...