Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it

Interesting read, did anyone let Greta, Bernie, and Gore know?

Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released... and here is the chart to prove it

• The figures reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012 there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures
  • This means that the ‘pause’ in global warming has now lasted for about the same time as the previous period when temperatures rose, 1980 to 1996

article-2217286-157E3ADF000005DC-561_644

The world stopped getting warmer almost 16 years ago, according to new data released last week. 

The figures, which have triggered debate among climate scientists, reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012, there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures.

This means that the ‘plateau’ or ‘pause’ in global warming has now lasted for about the same time as the previous period when temperatures rose, 1980 to 1996. Before that, temperatures had been stable or declining for about 40 years.

The new data, compiled from more than 3,000 measuring points on land and sea, was issued  quietly on the internet, without any media fanfare, and, until today, it has not been reported.

This stands in sharp contrast  to the release of the previous  figures six months ago, which went only to the end of 2010 – a very warm year.

Ending the data then means it is possible to show a slight warming trend since 1997, but 2011 and the first eight months of 2012 were much cooler, and thus this trend is erased.

Some climate scientists, such as Professor Phil Jones, director of the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, last week dismissed the significance of the plateau, saying that 15 or 16 years is too short a period from which to draw conclusions.

Others disagreed. Professor Judith Curry, who is the head of the climate science department at America’s prestigious Georgia Tech university, told The Mail on Sunday that it was clear that the computer models used to predict future warming were ‘deeply flawed’.

Even Prof Jones admitted that he and his colleagues did not understand the impact of ‘natural variability’ – factors such as long-term ocean temperature cycles and changes in the output of the sun. However, he said he was still convinced that the current decade would end up significantly warmer than the previous two.

[MORE AT THE LINK]

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

giphy.gif

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Jesus fucking Christ, Every year, record high temperature shatter the records from the previous year. How's your winter been, btw?

• Like 1
  • Barf 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 minute ago, HipKat said:

Jesus fucking Christ, Every year, record high temperature shatter the records from the previous year. How's your winter been, btw?

Oh my god!  The ice caps are melting!  Build arks!  Save the children!  Put money in liberal pockets!  LOL.  BIGGEST SCAM EVER.  Fact.

13 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Not true.  When I was a kid In the 70s, my parents used to tell me, 'We used to have green Christmases'.  I refused to believe them.

Sackman- nice reporting.

Thank you.

• Like 1

climate.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

4 hours ago, HipKat said:

I mentioned this thread by name(i said the 16 year part for sure) in the Shoutbox and then you said it was a DannyBoy thread, and then a whole argument broke loose(mostly about stupid minutia[not over the author of the thread, I just wrongly gave you the benefit of the doubt] based on someone's misunderstanding), with DB showing up and NOT acting at all confused by what we were saying...yet here it is, the thread I mentioned, no DB, just SACK. ...are there 2 climate change threads today?!?!??

I know Im not perfect about it, but sometimes if people realized the minutia they argue anout, they might step back and think about it for a moment...possibly even stop.  I know I have at times.  SMH

(EDIT: I realized it was problably talking about those knockdown blows/slams to the canvas on Bloomberg that put you on edge, and climate change was the spark that ignited it.  As gay as it might sound, if not for ourselves at least for the boud, I didn't want to throw away the progress, and kept asking if the argument could wait until after the one live, non sporting event ive watching in ages, multiple times)

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

6 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

Interesting read, did anyone let Greta, Bernie, and Gore know?

• The figures reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012 there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures
  • This means that the ‘pause’ in global warming has now lasted for about the same time as the previous period when temperatures rose, 1980 to 1996

article-2217286-157E3ADF000005DC-561_644

The world stopped getting warmer almost 16 years ago, according to new data released last week. 

The figures, which have triggered debate among climate scientists, reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012, there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures.

This means that the ‘plateau’ or ‘pause’ in global warming has now lasted for about the same time as the previous period when temperatures rose, 1980 to 1996. Before that, temperatures had been stable or declining for about 40 years.

The new data, compiled from more than 3,000 measuring points on land and sea, was issued  quietly on the internet, without any media fanfare, and, until today, it has not been reported.

This stands in sharp contrast  to the release of the previous  figures six months ago, which went only to the end of 2010 – a very warm year.

Ending the data then means it is possible to show a slight warming trend since 1997, but 2011 and the first eight months of 2012 were much cooler, and thus this trend is erased.

Some climate scientists, such as Professor Phil Jones, director of the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia, last week dismissed the significance of the plateau, saying that 15 or 16 years is too short a period from which to draw conclusions.

Others disagreed. Professor Judith Curry, who is the head of the climate science department at America’s prestigious Georgia Tech university, told The Mail on Sunday that it was clear that the computer models used to predict future warming were ‘deeply flawed’.

Even Prof Jones admitted that he and his colleagues did not understand the impact of ‘natural variability’ – factors such as long-term ocean temperature cycles and changes in the output of the sun. However, he said he was still convinced that the current decade would end up significantly warmer than the previous two.

[MORE AT THE LINK]

(I dont like asking you to read something long, but if you wouild, I would be grateful...I did read the article with the knitting chick and promoted it a good amount, even postd the link :))

Sack, are you at all familiar with the British newspaper that had emails leaked where they knew that cimate change  (it was global warming[tm] back then i think lol) was a nothingburger?(not their term, just using the infamous CNN term)  I dont know if it was 10 years or 15 or how many years ago, but if anyone is familiar let me know.   That was big news, the media KNOWINGLY lying about it(not unusual, but them getting caught is!!!)

By the way, after getting along with Hip the for days and the most today of any time on the Range, he suddenly turned on me during the debate because I am open minded about these things and while I listen to the mainstream, I also do independent research(hear both sides). 

Things got pretty bad after he was saying in a very self-assured(almost self-congrautlatory, like leon lett showboating) manner:  

1)that he met a scientitist in person

2)the scientist showed him hard data

3)the scientiest told him no other scientists disagree with him.  (not hyperbole!  literally said it in the SB, my detractors can look)

3a)then tried to show why his beliefs are better with an analogy, asking if I wanted to know about space if i would ask an astronaut who has been to space or someone who has not, at which point his pal jc jumps in with a jb in my direction, and then mocks me by shouting architectsandenfineersfor9//11ttruth  (actual site is this, and yes, many scientists strongly oopose the establishment narrative on that, as well as this  https://www.ae911truth.org/  and for good reason)

4)all of our stuff is discredited because his was in a person  and we're just on websties

5)that all of these sites are propaganda websites (no hip, your msm/establishment media runs the machine, scientists find what the establishment wants or they get defunded!! that is NOT science, that is fraud...small f, not the Range version)

6)Myself( and you as well, if you agree with this thread you posted) are the establishment!!!!   I dont know about you, but can you believe the gall of someone to call ME establishment?!?

*I think he started ti get upset when I was saying Bernie bodyslammed Bloomerberg or something similar a few times after he took MAJOR damage, especially the groups he insulted for being in THAT party), so I guess thats what made the climate change to erupt.  He'll likely come in and say otherwise, but the record is there, including him misquoting me numerous times before declaring he didnt care anymore.  

I wasnt trying to win an argument, I asked him several times to wait untl AFTER the debate....  Not that you care for the details, but I am writing to prevent any character assassination while I am not on here.  I hate that crap.  

Anyhow Sack....back to those 6 things....I had nobody there for backup and although JC got decent after awhile, for a bit I was getting mocked 2on1, then mocked for saying I was mocked :)  But do those 6 things sound as convincing to you as they did to Hip and JC?     Thanks for your feedback, not always easy taking on multiple folks at once in the shoutbox.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

32 minutes ago, StraightJ said:

Anyhow Sack....back to those 6 things....I had nobody there for backup and although JC got decent after awhile, for a bit I was getting mocked 2on1, then mocked for saying I was mocked :)  But do those 6 things sound as convincing to you as they did to Hip and JC?     Thanks for your feedback, not always easy taking on multiple folks at once in the shoutbox.

The simple answer is that if this scientist is part of the climate change coalition you can bet his bread is buttered by those carbon dollars and numbers are continually skewed towards their narrative just like when scientists took down tobacco while touting sugar and refined grains and harmless and even healthy. Whenever there's money involved plenty of scientists can be recruited to support the narrative lest they be ostracized from their own community.

• Like 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

35 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

The simple answer is that if this scientist is part of the climate change coalition you can bet his bread is buttered by those carbon dollars and numbers are continually skewed towards their narrative just like when scientists took down tobacco while touting sugar and refined grains and harmless and even healthy. Whenever there's money involved plenty of scientists can be recruited to support the narrative lest they be ostracized from their own community.

Man, if jealously werent listed as a sin(I think it likely is bad for the inner being, likely regardless of belies) I might say I was.  I'm kind of like the Lit Of Real Life(tm) (he's forgetton more about football than most will ever know), and recall isn't always my strong suit.  Ive learned and still remember those, and even told them in the shoutbox that you tow the company line or your defunded,...  That is not real science.  Even expectations can influence outcome when youre not even trying to skew results, so how much easier it is when you are trying to?

Great examples, I think Hip may have mentioned Keto, and would be aware of the false demonization of fat, especially saturated fat was a thing for a very long time, and still is among many folks, nutritionists included, which Ive found out by the persona;l experience Hip is high on.  :)  

So now that Hip is suddenly disliking of me again, would you be willing to share this with him?  

Thanks again Sack, you're a credit to the truth and I'm starting to believe your sig more now.

I'd like to think mankind was instrumental in pulling the earth out of this last ice age; but, unfortunately, we were ineffectual in this matter. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FanBack said:

I'd like to think mankind was instrumental in pulling the earth out of this last ice age; but, unfortunately, we were ineffectual in this matter. 

A certain shoutbox member who likes to talk about his flatulence, now that he's been forced to eat healthy, could have been the hero with the increased amount of emissions he apparently unloads.  

5 hours ago, StraightJ said:

I mentioned this thread by name(i said the 16 year part for sure) in the Shoutbox and then you said it was a DannyBoy thread,

You idiot, Danny posted a link to a website in the Shout Box. Not this threrad.

THAT was what I was referring to. Try to keep up, FFS

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

Last four years were the hottest on record, UN agency says

Twenty warmest years on record occurred in the last 22 years, while the “top four” took place in the last four years.

The 20 warmest years on record occurred in the last 22 years, while the “top four” took place in the last four years, the WMO added.

The WMO’s Provisional Statement on the State of the Climate in 2018 also found that “tell-tale signs of climate change” like sea-level rise, sea ice and glacier melt, and ocean heat and acidification were continuing. Extreme weather had “left a trail of devastation on all continents,” the WMO said.

The WMO’s report showed that for the first 10 months of the year, global average temperature was almost 1 degree Celsius above the pre-industrial baseline, which it defines as being between 1850 and 1900. These data were based on five global temperature data sets that were independently maintained, the WMO added.

• Like 1

Seek help. soflabillsfan

5 minutes ago, HipKat said:

You idiot, Danny posted a link to a website in the Shout Box. Not this threrad.

THAT was what I was referring to. Try to keep up, FFS

Maybe thats what you were referring to, but you REPLIED in the SB to me speaking of this thread BY TITLE(the 16 years should be up there, and I said a thread.  I brought it up. orginally, possibly later you went on about whatever when danny appeared).  You can scroll up and see it.  

Want to bet money that I did not mention this thread by title, at least the 16 years part, saying that I saw a thread today?  It's all up there.

4 minutes ago, StraightJ said:

Maybe thats what you were referring to, but you REPLIED in the SB to me speaking of this thread BY TITLE(the 16 years should be up there, and I said a thread.  I brought it up. orginally, possibly later you went on about whatever when danny appeared).  You can scroll up and see it.  

Want to bet money that I did not mention this thread by title, at least the 16 years part, saying that I saw a thread today?  It's all up there.

And what  just posted makes this thread useless since it's based on actual data, not some innuendo posted by climate deniers and the truth is, Climate Deniers only exist because of faux outrage over fines and taxes levied on the companies that contribute to polluting the planet

Seek help. soflabillsfan

18 minutes ago, HipKat said:

And what  just posted makes this thread useless since it's based on actual data, not some innuendo posted by climate deniers and the truth is, Climate Deniers only exist because of faux outrage over fines and taxes levied on the companies that contribute to polluting the planet

name calling, and claiming a conspiracy theory by definition.  Your boy fraud here was just ripping assange a new one, go check the SB or his thread,....but you dont say sh*t because he is a TDSer.  I call what i see.

Its a little early in the day to get into a bitter argument about this nonsense.  if you want to argue, i am asking you to do it with someone else, and am asking politely so that you cant use wild accusations.  Goodness.

Sack enjoys this nonsense more than me, so dont worry you will have someone to argue with soon enough.  I'm leaving this thread peacefully if that's ok.

1 hour ago, StraightJ said:

name calling, and claiming a conspiracy theory by definition.  Your boy fraud here was just ripping assange a new one, go check the SB or his thread,....but you dont say sh*t because he is a TDSer.  I call what i see.

Its a little early in the day to get into a bitter argument about this nonsense.  if you want to argue, i am asking you to do it with someone else, and am asking politely so that you cant use wild accusations.  Goodness.

Sack enjoys this nonsense more than me, so dont worry you will have someone to argue with soon enough.  I'm leaving this thread peacefully if that's ok.

Because that is the stupidest term in current circulation. And he has a right to his opinion because it is an opinion. And his opinion is based on the fact that Julian Assange did commit some pretty dramatic offenses. To me, I am in favor of transparency and freedom of speech. 

You are the one that is arguing because you keep trying to claim that this is it happening when all of the science, all of it, 100% says it is. Just because somebody can go find some website or some paper written by somebody who doesn’t believe it is like somebody writing a paper that doesn’t believe in God. That’s what they believe and that’s what they’re going to espouse and you gobble it up.

It’s like I said last night, it’s pretty ridiculous to try to claim that there is no evidence of glaciers retreating when we have pictures of glaciers retreating. When we have pictures of dryland that used to be covered with hundreds of feet of snow and ice. When we have pictures of open northern seaways that used to be ice locked. Go do some research on how climate change has boosted Russian trade by opening northern seaways giving them better access to trade partners that used to never exist due to ice

Seek help. soflabillsfan

3 minutes ago, HipKat said:

Because that is the stupidest term in current circulation. And he has a right to his opinion because it is an opinion. And his opinion is based on the fact that Julian Assange did commit some pretty dramatic offenses. To me, I am in favor of transparency and freedom of speech. 

You are the one that is arguing because you keep trying to claim that this is it happening when all of the science, all of it, 100% says it is. Just because somebody can go find some website or some paper written by somebody who doesn’t believe it is like somebody writing a paper that doesn’t believe in God. That’s what they believe and that’s what they’re going to espouse and you gobble it up.

It’s like I said last night, it’s pretty ridiculous to try to claim that there is no evidence of glaciers retreating when we have pictures of glaciers retreating. When we have pictures of dryland that used to be covered with hundreds of feet of snow and ice. When we have pictures of open northern seaways that used to be ice locked. Go do some research on how climate change has boosted Russian trade by opening northern seaways giving them better access to trade partners that used to never exist due to ice

Where did i say that?  You in the last 12 hours youve said a bunch of stuff I did not say.  I spoke mostly about people who can not afford to bite the hand that feeds them, the methodology and funding, which is integral.  Now I am not arguing, just doing what I did last night and restating what I saod after you put words in my mouth.(I also got excited at the best shots landed, before I knew who you huy was, but it wasnt with the intention to trigger you.  We can discuss that elsewhere).

So yes, you are arguing, and trying to defame me.  I said I did not want to talk about this at this time, how many times do I have to keep asking you to leave me be?  I'll talk about other stuff if you want to argue, but at the moment this is not that interesting to me.  How many times must I say so?  Sack will be here soon, I have faith that you can make it.  Please do not reply.  I will talk in other threads if you don't reply here.  Ok?  I dont want trouble, lol.