Sign in to follow this  
StraightJ

Mel Kiper thinks No. 22 is sweet spot for WR to Bills (article with handlful of 1st round #22 picks, as well as a Kiper using Josh Allen in the description of potential top 10 pick)

I giess nobody cared about Kiper's pick or using Josh Allen as a favorable comparison to a QB he has mocked at #5 to Miami, but at least Jungle agreed with my assessment that Kiper's pick is likely to be gone before he gets to the Bills, though he'd of course be a good fit.

I'm seeking the good, even if it seems small.  :)

• Sad 1

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Kiper is one of the only people on ESPN that really loves Allen’s projection in the NFL.  He got mocked for it before the 2019 season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Kiper is one of the only people on ESPN that really loves Allen’s projection in the NFL.  He got mocked for it before the 2019 season

Sometimes it takes balls to be different.  

I added extra from the original title to the thread title, because both fans of Josh Allen and JADS-sufferers might find it interesting to see Kiper using Josh as a favorable comparison for the QB he mocks at #5, besides just having access to an article they'd otherwise have to pay for with Mel's pick and others.  

I wonder.......any chance even a portion of his reason for doing so is self-promotion/getting back at the chodes who mocked him?  I know from experience the latter can be quite enjoyable, though I try to keep it rare.

• Thanks 1

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

On 2/20/2020 at 4:33 AM, Laughing Coffin said:

I got a ton of respect for Kiper. He constantly defends Allen mentions how he watched every snap of his and McShay laughs and mocks him instead of doing his job like Kiper dows.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

51 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

Bills ain’t drafting a WR with no 1st or 2nd round pick.

You will be proven wrong.

• Haha 1

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

On 2/19/2020 at 4:38 PM, StraightJ said:

I'm not entirely confident Mel's pick makes it to us, especially with the Eagles right before us.  I'm guessing there are some former fans of Kiper on here(those who have JADS), but either way he's not some random Joe.  Some additional picks by McShay and others are mentioned as well.

Mel's talking about vertical throws here, which some on here have been arguing very recently aren't Josh's thing anymore.  Pay article, by the way, you're welcome.  

By Mark Gaughan
Published 1:00 p.m. February 19, 2020|Updated 1 hour ago

ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. is sticking with conventional wisdom when he assesses the Buffalo Bills’ first-round draft prospects.

Kiper said the fastest top receiver in the Class of 2020 – Alabama’s Henry Ruggs III – would be a great fit for a Bills offense that ranked 24th in the NFL last season.

“I have him to Buffalo because Josh Allen needs that down-the-field threat,” Kiper said on a national media conference call Wednesday. “He’s got the big arm. He’s got Cole Beasley in the slot. He’s got John Brown on the outside, but they’re both in that 5-9, 5-10 range. Now you get a guy with speed down the field who’s adept at the vertical-stretch ability. And Josh can throw it as far as anybody.

“Josh made tremendous improvement, got them to the playoffs,” Kiper said, “and I think Ruggs would help that offense and Brian Daboll even moreso.”

Kiper put five wide receivers in the first round of his latest mock draft, released Tuesday. They are Oklahoma’s CeeDee Lamb to the New York Jets at No. 11, Alabama’s Jerry Jeudy to Las Vegas at No. 12, Clemson’s Tee Higgins at No. 21 to Philadelphia, Ruggs at No. 22 to the Bills and LSU’s Justin Jefferson to Green Bay at No. 30.

Fellow ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay gave Ruggs to Philadelphia and Georgia running back D’Andre Swift to the Bills at No. 22. NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah gave Ruggs to the Eagles and Higgins to the Bills in his first mock draft.

Ruggs, 6 feet and 183 pounds, is expected to run in the low 4.3-second range at the NFL scouting combine next week – or maybe even crack the 4.3 mark. Bills top receiver John Brown ran 4.34 coming out of college in 2014. In 2017, Cincinnati receiver John Ross ran 4.22, fastest at the combine since 1999, and was picked ninth overall.

“I think the speed will get him in the 22 range,” Kiper said of Ruggs. “I think 15 will be a little high for him. ... I think his body is better than John Ross in terms of his potential moving forward, or at least as good coming into the league as what Ross was. He’s going to go not as high as Ross. I’d say 22-25 is as far as I could see him dropping.”

Higgins has been a popular pick for the Bills, too.

“Higgins is interesting,” Kiper said. “He’s 6-4, he’s got great, great ball skills, but he doesn’t separate. He doesn’t have that explosive burst out of his break. I’d like to see a little more physicality in those jump-ball, power-forward-type situations with him. How he runs will be important. Some think he’ll run 4.55. We’ll see if he runs in that 4.52 to 4.55 range. He’ll be certainly in the mid-first. Philadelphia at 21 and Buffalo at 22 would be a possibility.”

Kiper also threw some praise Allen’s way in assessing the prospects of Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert, who is a potential top-10 pick.

“I think the most important thing is to show that ‘it’ factor,” Kiper said of Herbert, “because can you command a room and have that aura about you that when you walk into a room, you’re a leader? Josh Allen was a tremendous competitor coming out of Wyoming, the most competitive player Craig Bohl ever coached. Last year you hear Buffalo Bills players say Josh is going to lead. He led them to the playoffs. We just follow Josh’s lead, and we know he’s going to win a lot of games. That’s what Justin Herbert has to show.”

Kiper projects Herbert going at No. 5 to Miami.

https://buffalonews.com/2020/02/19/mel-kiper-nfl-draft-buffalo-bills-henry-ruggs-22-wide-receiver-mock-draft/

It would be a dream scenario if Ruggs fell to Buffalo at 22.

A much more likely scenario to acquire Ruggs would be to trade up to get him. Ruggs is so good that I would have no issues trading away the 2021 1st round pick which will be 21st or lower if Buffalo makes the playoffs.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

11 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

It would be a dream scenario if Ruggs fell to Buffalo at 22.

A much more likely scenario to acquire Ruggs would be to trade up to get him. Ruggs is so good that I would have no issues trading away the 2021 1st round pick which will be 21st or lower if Buffalo makes the playoffs.

That took courage to say. It's quite similar to the move that a lot of people on here mocked GM Doug Whaley about with Sammy.  I'm kind of surprised nobody has said anything.

I appreciate you expressing this, and may want to look into him a bit more as time goes on. 

I think the Bills go defense with the number 1 pick and offense with round 2 and 3

On 2/21/2020 at 1:53 PM, seandelevan said:

Bills ain’t drafting a WR with no 1st or 2nd round pick.

I do not believe the Bills will draft a WR in the 1st round.

Unsure about the 2nd round.   This will depend on Free Agency and what positions we add to in Free Agency.

For example, the Bills need DE/EDGE for the future, so they need to address it either in FA, or, if they whiff in FA, then high in the draft.

I pray we do not MOVE up for a WR in the draft.   If you have a draft DEEP in WRs, be patient.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

4 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

I do not believe the Bills will draft a WR in the 1st round.

Unsure about the 2nd round.   This will depend on Free Agency and what positions we add to in Free Agency.

For example, the Bills need DE/EDGE for the future, so they need to address it either in FA, or, if they whiff in FA, then high in the draft.

I pray we do not MOVE up for a WR in the draft.   If you have a draft DEEP in WRs, be patient.

We don't know if there will be a run on QB's and OT's that will push talented high rated WR's down to Buffalo or down from the top 10 to the mid 1st round that would make Beane move up to grab a Henry Ruggs or Jerry Jeudy.

Why wouldn't you trade up to get Ruggs if he is there at 16?

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 minute ago, junglesouljah said:

We don't know if there will be a run on QB's and OT's that will push talented high rated WR's down to Buffalo or down from the top 10 to the mid 1st round that would make Beane move up to grab a Henry Ruggs or Jerry Jeudy.

Why wouldn't you trade up to get Ruggs if he is there at 16?

As long as we don't have to part with our 2nd round pick.    Typically moving from 22 to 16 the team you are trading with is going to ask for your 2nd.   Our 3rd and a 6th would be palatable. 

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

2 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

As long as we don't have to part with our 2nd round pick.    Typically moving from 22 to 16 the team you are trading with is going to ask for your 2nd.   Our 3rd and a 6th would be palatable. 

For Henry Ruggs I would have no issues trading Buffalo's 1st round pick this year, the 22nd overall pick and 1st round pick next year, which should be 21st overall or lower if Buffalo makes the playoffs.

Ruggs is a slightly bigger taller version of Tyreek Hill, without the off field issues. If you can get a dynamic play maker like Ruggs you trade a future 1st round pick.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

59 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

For Henry Ruggs I would have no issues trading Buffalo's 1st round pick this year, the 22nd overall pick and 1st round pick next year, which should be 21st overall or lower if Buffalo makes the playoffs.

Ruggs is a slightly bigger taller version of Tyreek Hill, without the off field issues. If you can get a dynamic play maker like Ruggs you trade a future 1st round pick.

Most definitely not on trading next years 1st.  There are 3 WR's that are projected to be great.  Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs.  Ruggs comes into the conversation if he slides down past pick 18.  If Ruggs is there after pick 15 I would be working on trying to trade up to get him.  I would be willing to give up a 4th or 5th to move up a few picks to nab him.  No way in hell I am giving up a first round pick next year for a WR who is not ordained as the next Calvin Johnson.  I think you can move up 3 to 5 spots in the 20's without giving up a 3rd or above.  If the top 3 guys are off the board before pick 15 I would look to move back in the first round and collect an extra 2nd this year or a first next year.  I think Shinault, Higgens will be there in the mid 20's.  

Unless a top 10 prospect drops into the 20's I would be looking to grab a WR in the first round.  It is our biggest need to get the Offense going.  Yes I think Ruggs would be the best fit for Buffalo in that he would force DB's to play 10 yards off...thus he is almost a machine with getting open for short yards!