Crazy Legs

If the Bills consider an OT in the 1st round, which one would you like to see us draft?

CBSsports ranks the OTs below.   If we assume 3 OTs go in the Top 15,  would you be okay if the Bills draft Mekhi Becton or Josh Jones at 22?
Personally I think Becton will be gone, but if he is there at 22 I would prefer the Bills draft him over a WR.   We can get a good WR in the 2nd. 
It would not hurt Josh Allen's development to have another high quality Offensive Tackle protecting him.

1. Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama
Rating: 93

Wills is a people-moving, balanced and fundamentally sound offensive tackle with impressive length, awesome knee bend, and quick, choppy kick slide. 

2. Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

While he has the athleticism to be a full-time left tackle as a rookie, because his feet are just coming along, he may still need coaching in regards to not lunging and keeping his equilibrium in pass protection. 

3. Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
Rating: 91

Wirfs displayed scary power as a sophomore in 2018, and after an injury to a teammate forced him to left tackle as a junior, Wirfs got even more effortlessly strong. 

4. Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
Rating: 90

Enormous human being -- listed at 6-foot-8 and 360 pounds but carries his weight well. People  Becton's mirroring in pass protection is impressive for someone with his length and width. He will overpower many veteran edge rushers as a rookie.

5. Josh Jones, OT, Houston
Rating: 88

Jones is a very experienced, athletically balanced left tackle ready to start from Day 1. He uses his long arms well, seemingly knowing his length can be used to his advantage even if initially beaten to the pass-rushing apex. Jones is adequately strong but could add another 10 pounds to his frame. 

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Josh Jones could be there when we pick. He has good feet and hands. But I'd like to see him get stronger and get more aggressive. 

This coaching staff loves Dawkins and I dont think they take an OT in round 1.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

2 minutes ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Josh Jones could be there when we pick. He has good feet and hands. But I'd like to see him get stronger and get more aggressive. 

I'm kinda there with them on the love, all things considered....but there are 2 sides of the line and the other one could use an upgrade, or if you want a LT at that spot as has been said many times Dawkins can likely slide to RT, and part of the dream is that Cody Ford moves inside and begins to excel.  

These picks remind me of the "Glengrarry (really good) leads" in Glengarry Glen Ross that all of the salesmen wanted badly but the bosses wouldn't give them to them).

The right pick gives hope for better health for Josh, as well as helping in the run game.  

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

2 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

CBSsports ranks the OTs below.   If we assume 3 OTs go in the Top 15,  would you be okay if the Bills draft Mekhi Becton or Josh Jones at 22?
Personally I think Becton will be gone, but if he is there at 22 I would prefer the Bills draft him over a WR.   We can get a good WR in the 2nd. 
It would not hurt Josh Allen's development to have another high quality Offensive Tackle protecting him.

1. Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama

Wills is a people-moving, balanced and fundamentally sound offensive tackle with impressive length, awesome knee bend, and quick, choppy kick slide. 

2. Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

While he has the athleticism to be a full-time left tackle as a rookie, because his feet are just coming along, he may still need coaching in regards to not lunging and keeping his equilibrium in pass protection. 

3. Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
Rating: 91

Wirfs displayed scary power as a sophomore in 2018, and after an injury to a teammate forced him to left tackle as a junior, Wirfs got even more effortlessly strong. 

4. Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
Rating: 90

Enormous human being -- listed at 6-foot-8 and 360 pounds but carries his weight well. People  Becton's mirroring in pass protection is impressive for someone with his length and width. He will overpower many veteran edge rushers as a rookie.

5. Josh Jones, OT, Houston
Rating: 88

Jones is a very experienced, athletically balanced left tackle ready to start from Day 1. He uses his long arms well, seemingly knowing his length can be used to his advantage even if initially beaten to the pass-rushing apex. Jones is adequately strong but could add another 10 pounds to his frame. 

Willis, Thomas, Wirfs should all be drafted in the top 15. I will be shocked if Becton and Jones fall to 22.

There is a chance Josh Jones falls . If Josh Jones falls to 22 Beane will have a tough decision to make if Shenault and Higgins are also available.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, junglesouljah said:

Willis, Thomas, Wirfs should all be drafted in the top 15. I will be shocked if Becton and Jones fall to 22.

There is a chance Josh Jones falls . If Josh Jones falls to 22 Beane will have a tough decision to make if Shenault and Higgins are also available.

What I think would be even more wild would be if those choices of offensive guys PLUS a DE they liked were still on the board....while the clock is running and they have to make one of their most important decisions in short order. 

Jungle, you're making odds of getting a good OT in the first sound grim.  Beane has earned my confidence though, so I try to stay positive and let him do his thing and stay more loose about it than usual.....  I dont plan on letting....well anyone, I dont want to say names...get me worked up like with that rumored trade to the 4 spot last season to grab Quinnen.  Remember that?   

I'm not sure if I asked for this positition or DE, but is there any chance they like a gguy at OT enough to move up maybe just a few spots?  I'm trying to figure out the list of what positions they would trade up for, and which they wouldn't.  I'd like to think if they identified somone they had graded much higher as a clear BPA, that they might be more inclined to make a move, even if not for the positions some might limit them to.....if they have great faith on a grade(maybe someone they suspect will be all pro caliber).

Then again, that's my own logic, theirs may not be the same.  I haven't studied to grading sites yet, so I put my faith in you guys for now. :)

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

I sincerely hope they're able to land one of the top five offensive tackles. Go WR in round two. Fuck defense.

• Thanks 2

MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:

1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS

3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX

4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

:bills:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetsy

Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

1 hour ago, Mainejays said:

I sincerely hope they're able to land one of the top five offensive tackles. Go WR in round two. Fuck defense.

I don't care what order, get the best player, id take a DE if there was a great talent there, they cost a fortune and you need pass rush, so a 1st is justifiable.  Outside of that, f the defense is right.

4 hours ago, DC2007 said:

I don't care what order, get the best player, id take a DE if there was a great talent there, they cost a fortune and you need pass rush, so a 1st is justifiable.  Outside of that, f the defense is right.

Good DE/EDGE/Pass Rushers do cost a fortune.

So do Corners.

And Elite OTs.

I would support the Bills drafting one of those 3 positions in the 1st round.   Those roster spots can crush your Cap Hit down the road.

20 hours ago, StraightJ said:

I'm kinda there with them on the love, all things considered....but there are 2 sides of the line and the other one could use an upgrade, or if you want a LT at that spot as has been said many times Dawkins can likely slide to RT, and part of the dream is that Cody Ford moves inside and begins to excel.  

These picks remind me of the "Glengrarry (really good) leads" in Glengarry Glen Ross that all of the salesmen wanted badly but the bosses wouldn't give them to them).

The right pick gives hope for better health for Josh, as well as helping in the run game.  

Left tackle.  Right Tackle.    Both, IMO, are important.

I do acknowledge that flipping from LT to Right Tackle is not done in an afternoon.   So if the Bills draft Mehki Becton, you could leave Dawkins at LT and give Mehki all of OTAs, training camp and preseason to learn RT.    With Ty as the stand-in until the rookie is ready to start.

Of, if Becton comes in and shows the skills to start at LT as a rookie, sorry Dawkins but you are moving to right.   

17 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

So do Corners.

And Elite OTs.

I would support the Bills drafting one of those 3 positions in the 1st round.   Those roster spots can crush your Cap Hit down the road.

Same here, and have been saying so without shame and even goading SeanDelevan about it occasionally.  :)  While all of this is fun, and possibly a cool measure predictive ability, for the fist time in a good while I'm confident these guys are likely to do what's right, even though they've proven their human and not been perfect.  Nature is often a model I like to learn from, and it seems to go BPA and be flexible(mutations, etc), instead of sticking to a concrete script...similar to the water that Bruce Lee said to be like. :)

I think you may have been the first person I noticed(or recall) that was also cool with a CB in the first.  Get 2 islands out there, and DC Leslie Frazier can unlease the hounds more often.  Not too long ago when the Broncos had one of the best corner tandems in the league(maybe the best), what did they do?  They drafted another CB in the first, Bradley Roby.  That makes trying to get a second island a lot more bland in comparison, even though it's less of a "need".  D*mmit, you're getting me stoked way too soon. :)  I wonder if there is somesort of widget we could add to the board that counts down to the draft.  That might make it worse though.

8 hours ago, StraightJ said:

Same here, and have been saying so without shame and even goading SeanDelevan about it occasionally.  :)  While all of this is fun, and possibly a cool measure predictive ability, for the fist time in a good while I'm confident these guys are likely to do what's right, even though they've proven their human and not been perfect.  Nature is often a model I like to learn from, and it seems to go BPA and be flexible(mutations, etc), instead of sticking to a concrete script...similar to the water that Bruce Lee said to be like. :)

I think you may have been the first person I noticed(or recall) that was also cool with a CB in the first.  Get 2 islands out there, and DC Leslie Frazier can unlease the hounds more often.  Not too long ago when the Broncos had one of the best corner tandems in the league(maybe the best), what did they do?  They drafted another CB in the first, Bradley Roby.  That makes trying to get a second island a lot more bland in comparison, even though it's less of a "need".  D*mmit, you're getting me stoked way too soon. :)  I wonder if there is somesort of widget we could add to the board that counts down to the draft.  That might make it worse though.

As a confirmed draft geek (infected during the 20 years of the Bill's dark ages looking for the upside of going 5-11 every year), I would be down with a countdown.  https://howmanydaysuntil.center/nfl-draft/

66 Days ....and counting

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2020 at 9:05 PM, f8ta1ity54 said:

What if........what if the coaches have decided to put Cody Ford at guard?     35 year Ty Nsekhe is our starting RT for the season?   With no backup?

In that scenario, I would like an OT.   Especially if he is going to be a stud for a minimum of the next 5 years to protect Josh.

The Boys may not think the same and draft the Corner back from Ohio State Damon Arnette.

13 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

What if........what if the coaches have decided to put Cody Ford at guard?     35 year Ty Nsekhe is our starting RT for the season?   With no backup?

In that scenario, I would like an OT.   Especially if he is going to be a stud for a minimum of the next 5 years to protect Josh.

The Boys may not think the same and draft the Corner back from Ohio State Damon Arnette.

They will probably resign waddle. That's 2 swing tackles. I'm not against a tackle, just think they wont.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Dawkins is a FA next year.

He has been a decent LT but if he wants to break the bank I'd like the Bills to be prepared to let him walk.

My heart wants a wr in the 1st but my mind says OT is probably the smart pick if one falls.

Beef up the oline and let them all compete for starting spots.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bcw said:

Dawkins is a FA next year.

He has been a decent LT but if he wants to break the bank I'd like the Bills to be prepared to let him walk.

My heart wants a wr in the 1st but my mind says OT is probably the smart pick if one falls.

Beef up the oline and let them all compete for starting spots.

IMO Beane will sign Dawkins to an extention. He is not an elite LT but he is a good LT and I think he should be paid around $15 million/year.

If you look at other OT's in the NFL, Donovan Smith is paid  $13.75 million/year, Nate Solder is paid $15.5 million/year, Jake Matthews is paid $14.5 million/year, and Joe Staley is paid $14 million/year.

The highest paid OT in the NFL is Lane Johnson $18 million/year.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

7 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

IMO Beane will sign Dawkins to an extention. He is not an elite LT but he is a good LT and I think he should be paid around $15 million/year.

If you look at other OT's in the NFL, Donovan Smith is paid  $13.75 million/year, Nate Solder is paid $15.5 million/year, Jake Matthews is paid $14.5 million/year, and Joe Staley is paid $14 million/year.

The highest paid OT in the NFL is Lane Johnson $18 million/year.

If Dawkins is reasonable I'm fine with bringing him back for that type of money but Beane has to be prepared to walk away if there is a bidding war. Just more reason to beef up the o-line this offseason.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:57 PM, Crazy Legs said:

So do Corners.

And Elite OTs.

The logic there makes sense.  Try to spend the first rounders on positions that are the most expensive on the open market.  

I think the game is changing and the days of the statue QB taking 7-step drops are gone.  I think the importance of a "franchise" OT is diminishing a little and the idea of LT being more valuable than RT is all but gone.  

If the best player by a wide margin is an OT, then take him.  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Buffalo13 said:

The logic there makes sense.  Try to spend the first rounders on positions that are the most expensive on the open market.  

I think the game is changing and the days of the statue QB taking 7-step drops are gone.  I think the importance of a "franchise" OT is diminishing a little and the idea of LT being more valuable than RT is all but gone.  

If the best player by a wide margin is an OT, then take him.  

On that note, if some people are ok with trading up 3-5 spots for a WR, I wonder if they also would be ok with doing the same with an OT if Beane identified one that could be a bedrock of the line for years to come?

2 hours ago, StraightJ said:

On that note, if some people are ok with trading up 3-5 spots for a WR, I wonder if they also would be ok with doing the same with an OT if Beane identified one that could be a bedrock of the line for years to come?

I don't claim to be a former NFL Oline coach but if OT Mekhi Becton, Louisville is as good as draftniks say, he MIGHT be worth moving up a handful of spots to draft.

IF, IF he turns out to be a top quality starting OT (probably at RT as a rookie) it would be a good investment.  At least as good as the investment of moving up to draft get Tremaine Edmunds.   Keeping your QB clean is as important as a Linebacker.

5 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

I don't claim to be a former NFL Oline coach but if OT Mekhi Becton, Louisville is as good as draftniks say, he MIGHT be worth moving up a handful of spots to draft.

IF, IF he turns out to be a top quality starting OT (probably at RT as a rookie) it would be a good investment.  At least as good as the investment of moving up to draft get Tremaine Edmunds.   Keeping your QB clean is as important as a Linebacker.

The only reason you are trading up in the draft for a OT is if you plan on moving Cody Ford to G.

LaAdrain Waddle is a good depth RT and he will most likely be re-signed if he is not asking for a crazy amount of money.

We have Ty Nsekhe for 1 more year as the swing OT, but he will basically be Dion Dawkins back up.

So if you are going to invest a high 1st round pick on an OT that you  will have to give up draft capital to trade up for, then you do no re-sign Waddle and you move Ford to G.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, junglesouljah said:

The only reason you are trading up in the draft for a OT is if you plan on moving Cody Ford to G.

LaAdrain Waddle is a good depth RT and he will most likely be re-signed if he is not asking for a crazy amount of money.

We have Ty Nsekhe for 1 more year as the swing OT, but he will basically be Dion Dawkins back up.

So if you are going to invest a high 1st round pick on an OT that you  will have to give up draft capital to trade up for, then you do no re-sign Waddle and you move Ford to G.

I agree with this, however IF things unexpectedly go wrong with trying to re-sign Dawkins or he has an iseason-ending injury, having a first round OT and moving moving Cody Ford back to RT would also be an option rather than relying on a 35 year old at OT(or if they do try Nsekhe at first and he isn't doing well).  Sometimes having multiple backup strategies is helpful.  

12 hours ago, StraightJ said:

If you make a trade in the first round, the guy had better be a stud.  Nobody regrets what was given up for Julio Jones or Troy Polamalu because they became All-Pro/HOF players.  You trade up for Sammy Watkins in a loaded WR class...you lose your job.

Also, going up 3-4 spots doesn't cost you a first rounder or probably even a second rounder.  So if Beane looks at this WR class and decides that there is someone who is just perfect for the Bills and that guy gets within reach and it will cost us an additional 3rd...then I guess I'm fine with it.  Example, they move up to get Shenault and then back it up by using him all the time and getting him all of McKenzie's touches plus downfield throws then that would make sense to me b/c he has a very specific skill set for that shit and they really want that in the offense.  

8 hours ago, StraightJ said:

I agree with this, however IF things unexpectedly go wrong with trying to re-sign Dawkins or he has an iseason-ending injury, having a first round OT and moving moving Cody Ford back to RT would also be an option rather than relying on a 35 year old at OT(or if they do try Nsekhe at first and he isn't doing well).  Sometimes having multiple backup strategies is helpful.  

You have the franchise tag and transition tag to use in a worst case scenario. There are a lot of bad LT's in the NFL and you could force a trade if you needed to.

I would definitely try to re-sign Dawkins, by giving him a fair market value deal which would be around $15 million/year.

Waddle can play LT if needed to but IMO he is a much better RT. Nsekhe could hold down the fort at LT if needed to, but the priority has to be to signing Dawkins and giving him a bunch of upfront guaranteed money to make that happen.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

10 hours ago, StraightJ said:

The long term plan with the Bills, or any team, is to have the vision to look 2-3 years down the road.   I thought, and many thought, after his first 3 years that Cordy Glenn would be a 10 year answer for us at LT.  Then things changed.   We thought Jason Peters was going to be our 10+ year answer at LT.   Until he wasn't.

Drafting a really good, starting caliber Offensive Tackle in the 1st round of this NFL draft would IMO be a good investment.   It gives you some flexibility at LT and RT going forward.  I hope we re-sign Dion Dawkins.  I hope he wants to re-sign with the Bills.  I hope he stays healthy.  But having another starting caliber OT on the roster would help with stability for Josh either way.  A career backup like Waddle or Ty Nsekhe shouldn't be what we are shooting for at RT.  We should be looking to have an ELITE OLine.

Keep upgrading the OLINE.