Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

Medium.com: After Attending a Trump Rally, I Now Know Democrats Have No Shot in 2020

Medium.com: After Attending a Trump Rally, I Now Know Democrats Have No Shot in 2020

Please, keep thinking this! 

• Gay 1

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.

A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.

Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Twitter: @HKTheResistance

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

I’ll just forward them to Bridgett. comssvet11

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, SackMan518 said:

A former democrat who thinks like an American, good for her!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SackMan518 said:

After Attending a Trump Rally, I Now Know Democrats Have No Shot in 2020: I’ve been a Democrat for 20 years, but my experience made me realize just how out of touch my party is with the country at large

1*sV9EQP9yPXlTir5QLrSUuA.jpeg

I think those of us on the left need to take a long look in the mirror and have an honest conversation about what’s going on.

If you had told me three years ago that I would ever attend a Donald Trump rally, I would have laughed and assured you that was never going to happen. Heck, if you had told me I would do it three months ago, I probably would have done the same thing. So, how did I find myself among 11,000-plus Trump supporters in Manchester, New Hampshire? Believe it or not, it all started with knitting.

You might not think of the knitting world as a particularly political community, but you’d be wrong. Many knitters are particularly active in social justice communities and love to discuss the revolutionary role knitters have played in our culture. I started noticing this about a year ago, particularly on Instagram. I knit as a way to relax and escape the drama of real life, not to further engage with it. But it was impossible to ignore after roving gangs of online social justice warriors started going after anyone in the knitting community who was not lockstep in their ideology. Knitting stars on Instagram were bullied and mobbed by hundreds of people for seemingly innocuous offenses. One man got mobbed so badly that he had a nervous breakdown and was admitted to the hospital on suicide watch. Many things were not right about the hatred, and witnessing the vitriol coming from those I had aligned myself with politically was a massive wake-up call.

Democrats have an ass-kicking coming to them in November, and I think most of them will be utterly shocked when it happens.

You see, I was one of those Democrats who considered anyone who voted for Trump a racist. I thought they were horrible (yes, even deplorable) and worked very hard to eliminate their voices from my spaces by unfriending or blocking people who spoke about their support of him, however minor their comments. I watched a lot of MSNBC, was convinced that everything he had done was horrible, that he hated anyone who wasn’t a straight white man, and that he had no redeeming qualities.

But when I witnessed the amount of hate coming from the left in this small, niche knitting community, I started to question everything. I started making a proactive effort to break my echo chamber by listening to voices I thought I would disagree with. I wanted to understand their perspective, believing it would confirm that they were filled with hate for anyone who wasn’t like them.

That turned out not to be the case. The more voices outside the left that I listened to, the more I realized that these were not bad people. They were not racists, nazis, or white supremacists. We had differences of opinions on social and economic issues, but a difference of opinion does not make your opponent inherently evil. And they could justify their opinions using arguments, rather than the shouting and ranting I saw coming from my side of the aisle.

I started to discover (or perhaps rediscover) the #WalkAway movement.I had heard about #WalkAway when MSNBC told me it was fake and a bunch of Russian bots. But then I started to meet real people who had been Democrats and made the decision to leave because they could not stand the way the left was behaving. I watched town halls they held with different minority communities (all available in their entirety on YouTube), and I saw sane, rational discussion from people of all different races, backgrounds, orientations, and experiences. I joined the Facebook group for the community and saw stories popping up daily of people sharing why they are leaving the Democratic Party. This wasn’t fake. These people are not Russian bots. Moreover, it felt like a breath of fresh air. There was not universal agreement in this group — some were Trump supporters, some weren’t — but they talked and shared their perspective without shouting or rage or trying to cancel each other.

I started to question everything. How many stories had I been sold that weren’t true? What if my perception of the other side is wrong? How is it possible that half the country is overtly racist? Is it possible that Trump derangement syndrome is a real thing, and had I been suffering from it for the past three years?

And the biggest question of all was this: Did I hate Trump so much that I wanted to see my country fail just to spite him and everyone who voted for him?

Fast-forward to the New Hampshire primary, and we have all the politicians running around the state making their case. I’ve seen almost every Democratic candidate in person and noticed that their messages were almost universally one of doom and gloom, not only focusing on the obvious disagreements with Donald Trump, but also making sure to emphasize that the country is a horribly racist place.

Now, I do believe there are very real issues when it comes to race that we as a society have yet to reckon with. I believe that everyone from every background of every gender should have equal access to opportunities, and that no one is inherently more or less valuable or worthy than anyone else. And while the 2017 protests in Charlottesville, Virginia, led to a tragedy precipitated by real racists and real nazis and real white supremacists, I started to see that those labels simply don’t apply to most people who support Trump.

But with all of this, I was still reticent to even consider attending a Trump event. I do not believe that Trump’s attitude is worthy of the highest office in the land. I abhor his Twitter. I am vehemently opposed to so many of his policies. But still, I wanted to see for myself.

I’m not going to lie, I was nervous, so I thought I would start my day in familiar territory: at an MSNBC live show that was taking place a few blocks away from the rally. I decided to wear my red hat that looks like a Trump hat but with one small difference — it says “Make Speech Free Again”—as my small protest against cancel culture. I even got a photo with MSNBC host Ari Melber while I was wearing it, just for kicks.

The funny thing about that hat is that it’s completely open to interpretation. When I wear it around left-leaning people, they think I’m talking about the right. When I wear it around right-leaning folks, they think I’m talking about the left. It’s a stark reminder of how much our own perspectives and biases play into how we view the world.

In chatting with the folks at the taping, I casually said that I was thinking about going over to the Trump rally. The first reaction they had was a genuine fear for my safety. I had never seen people I didn’t know so passionately urge me to avoid all those people. One woman told me that those people were the lowest of the low. Another man told me that he had gone to one of Trump’s rallies in the past and had been the target of harassment by large muscle-bound men. Another woman offered me her pepper spray. I assured them all that I thought I would be fine and that I would get the heck out of dodge if I got nervous.

What they didn’t know is that they weren’t the only ones I had heard from who were afraid. Some of my more right-leaning friends online expressed genuine fear at my going, but not because they were afraid of the attendees. They were afraid of people on the left violently attacking attendees. This was one day after a man had run his car through a Republican voter registration tent in Florida, and there was a genuine fear that there would be a repeat, or that antifa would bus people up from Boston for it. Just as I had assured those on the left, I told them I thought I would be fine, because we don’t really have antifa in New Hampshire.

But I’m not going to say it didn’t get to me a bit. When everyone around you is nervous for your safety, it’s hard not to question if they have a point. But it also made me more determined to see it through, because it was a stark reminder that both sides view each other exactly the same way. They are both afraid of the other side and what they are capable of. I couldn’t help but think that if they could just see the world through the lens of the other for a moment or two, it would be a stark revelation that they don’t know as much as they think they do.

It was so different than any other political event I had ever attended. Even the energy around Barack Obama in 2008 didn’t feel like this.

So, I headed over an hour and a half before the doors were scheduled to open—which was four hours before Trump was set to take the stage—and the line already stretched a mile away from the entrance to the arena. As I waited, I chatted with the folks around me. And contrary to all the fears expressed, they were so nice. I was not harassed or intimidated, and I was never in fear of my safety even for a moment. These were average, everyday people. They were veterans, schoolteachers, and small business owners who had come from all over the place for the thrill of attending this rally. They were upbeat and excited. In chatting, I even let it slip that I was a Democrat. The reaction: “Good for you! Welcome!”

Once we got inside, the atmosphere was jubilant. It was more like attending a rock concert than a political rally. People were genuinely enjoying themselves. Some were even dancing to music being played over the loudspeakers. It was so different than any other political event I had ever attended. Even the energy around Barack Obama in 2008 didn’t feel like this.

I had attended an event with all the Democratic contenders just two days prior in exactly the same arena, and the contrast was stark. First, Trump completely filled the arena all the way up to the top. Even with every major Democratic candidate in attendance the other night, and the campaigns giving away free tickets, the Democrats did not do that. With Trump, every single person was unified around a singular goal. With the Democrats, the audience booed over candidates they didn’t like and got into literal shouting matches with each other. With Trump, there was a genuinely optimistic view of the future. With the Democrats, it was doom and gloom. With Trump, there was a genuine feeling of pride of being an American. With the Democrats, they emphasized that the country was a racist place from top to bottom.

Now, Trump is always going to present the best case he can. And yes, he lies. This is provable. But the strength of this rally wasn’t about the facts and figures. It was a group of people who felt like they had someone in their corner, who would fight for them. Some people say, “Well, obviously they’re having a great time. They’re in a cult.” I don’t think that’s true. The reality is that many people I spoke to do disagree with Trump on things. They don’t always like his attitude. They wish he wouldn’t tweet so much. People who are in cults don’t question their leaders. The people I spoke with did, but the pros in their eyes far outweighed the cons. They don’t love him because they think he’s perfect. They love him despite his flaws, because they believe he has their back.
As I left the rally—walking past thousands of people who were watching it on a giant monitor outside the arena because they couldn’t get in—I knew there was no way Trump would lose in November. Absolutely no way. I truly believe that it doesn’t matter who the Democrats nominate: Trump is going to trounce them. If you don’t believe me, attend one of his rallies and see for yourself. Don’t worry, they really won’t hurt you.

Today, I voted in the New Hampshire Democratic Primary for Pete Buttigieg. I genuinely feel that Pete would be great for this country, and maybe he’ll have his opportunity in the future. But tomorrow, I’ll be changing my voter registration from Democrat to Independent and walking away from the party I’ve spent the past 20 years in to sit in the middle for a while. There are extremes in both parties that I am uncomfortable with, but I also fundamentally believe that most people on both sides are good, decent human beings who want the best for the country and have dramatic disagreements on how to get there. But until we start seeing each other as human beings, there will be no bridging the divide. I refuse to be a part of the divisiveness any longer. I refuse to hate people I don’t know simply because they choose to vote for someone else. If we’re going to heal the country, we have to start taking steps toward one another rather than away.
I think the Democrats have an ass-kicking coming to them in November, and I think most of them will be utterly shocked when it happens, because they’re existing in an echo chamber that is not reflective of the broader reality. I hope it’s a wake-up call that causes them to take a long look in the mirror and really ask themselves how they got here. Maybe then they’ll start listening. I tend to doubt it, but I can hope.

Outstanding article(even though it made some of mine look short, lol), probably the most effective I've read from either party in a very long time...and yes, I read the entire thing, it was that good.  This was not the usual parroting of MSM that supporters of both establishment parties on here do, and this author has qualities I wish far more Range members(and TV watching Americans in general) had.  

While Hip might not be extremely far off with his absolute claim that nobody reads the long articles people post(the 2 people mocked by name yesteday were you and me, even though my article was non-partisan and nothing to do with Trump, he tried his best to make it so the justify the otherwise unwarranted attack on me), such false statements from him and his comrade Fraud are actually subversive techniques used to try to influence others to be part of the crowd...being some folks fear the thought of being different from the herd.  

For folks not wanting to read that much at the moment, I did some highlights to summarize it in my quote, which make it a relatively quick read. 

I think the whole article is something people from both parties could learn from, and it might cause folks from each party to reflect and have a positive influence on their behavior.  You hit an UPPER DECK blast with this find, Sack.  And a HUGE portion of the reason(as most quickly illustrated by my 2nd to last highlight), was that she did NOT have TSDS like a couple of people on here possibly might.  My last highlighted portion is the what a decent amount of the article is about, and something we could all benefit from. 

• Like 1

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

3 hours ago, HipKat said:

Please, keep thinking this! 

You're logic makes absolutely no sense.  If you read the article(or even the 2nd to last bolded part in the quote portion of my reply to Sack), you'd know why it sounds dumb.  Sack might do better to edit the thread title to the whole title, or something else, but I doubt he guessed anyone would click on this thread and post without reading anything but the title. ;)

I probably wouldn't have bothered to reply to this other than you and your comrade took the opportunity to try to smear me on a non-Trump topic yesterday out of nowhere.  True to my word, I am here in a thread about Trump(albeit partly, the article had a much more important theme, which can be seen in the last part I highlighted in my last post...something even you might agree with) ready to talk.  After yesterday's behavior, it should be understandable why I am going to keep my work and do what youve given a hard time about, supporting Sack more.  I hope the logic is clear and you don't think it's personal.  I actually thought your article about your relative was pretty cool and was happy for you.  

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

4 hours ago, StraightJ said:

You're logic makes absolutely no sense.  If you read the article(or even the 2nd to last bolded part in the quote portion of my reply to Sack), you'd know why it sounds dumb.  Sack might do better to edit the thread title to the whole title, or something else, but I doubt he guessed anyone would click on this thread and post without reading anything but the title. ;)

I probably wouldn't have bothered to reply to this other than you and your comrade took the opportunity to try to smear me on a non-Trump topic yesterday out of nowhere.  True to my word, I am here in a thread about Trump(albeit partly, the article had a much more important theme, which can be seen in the last part I highlighted in my last post...something even you might agree with) ready to talk.  After yesterday's behavior, it should be understandable why I am going to keep my work and do what youve given a hard time about, supporting Sack more.  I hope the logic is clear and you don't think it's personal.  I actually thought your article about your relative was pretty cool and was happy for you.  

If it wasn't for your quote, I wouldn't have seen what Sack posted. My response was to the title of the thread

HipKat, on *** other h***, is genuine, unapoli***tically nasty, and w**** his hea** on his ******. jc856

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 minute ago, HipKat said:

If it wasn't for your quote, I wouldn't have seen what Sack posted. My response was to the title of the thread

Alright, makes sense.  It was actually a very most fairly nonpartisan article by someone questioning their party.

15 hours ago, StraightJ said:

Outstanding article(even though it made some of mine look short, lol), probably the most effective I've read from either party in a very long time...and yes, I read the entire thing, it was that good.  This was not the usual parroting of MSM that supporters of both establishment parties on here do, and this author has qualities I wish far more Range members(and TV watching Americans in general) had.  

While Hip might not be extremely far off with his absolute claim that nobody reads the long articles people post(the 2 people mocked by name yesteday were you and me, even though my article was non-partisan and nothing to do with Trump, he tried his best to make it so the justify the otherwise unwarranted attack on me), such false statements from him and his comrade Fraud are actually subversive techniques used to try to influence others to be part of the crowd...being some folks fear the thought of being different from the herd.  

For folks not wanting to read that much at the moment, I did some highlights to summarize it in my quote, which make it a relatively quick read. 

I think the whole article is something people from both parties could learn from, and it might cause folks from each party to reflect and have a positive influence on their behavior.  You hit an UPPER DECK blast with this find, Sack.  And a HUGE portion of the reason(as most quickly illustrated by my 2nd to last highlight), was that she did NOT have TSDS like a couple of people on here possibly might.  My last highlighted portion is the what a decent amount of the article is about, and something we could all benefit from. 

I don't really care if HipKat reads the articles or what his opinion is as he's been wrong since Trump has been in office and it's driving him nuts. I can only lead a horse to water and can't make him drink, that has to come from within. The question arises, why even debate with these people? The answer is simple. You don't debate them to change their mind as that will never happen since they're fully indoctrinated, you do it for the benefit of impartial or undecided parties who aren't sure what stance to take and need to look at easily digestible information. In that case they've failed to make their case and only suffered losses for the past 3 years. Everything has been one scam after another to take out someone who wasn't in the big club which leads me to the big 3 rules of these swamp politicians:

1) They all know each other (Red or Blue)

2) They all have something to hide.

3) They all want to get rich or die trying... or should I say lie trying.

As for the article, it was awesome but the author never put 2 and 2 together. She says at the end that she voted for Buttigieg as he seemed like the most moderate choice. Clearly everything she saw at the rally hasn't sunk in yet because she never came the logical conclusion that all of the Democrat candidates suck and there are no moderates!

• Thanks 1

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

4 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

I don't really care if HipKat reads the articles or what his opinion is as he's been wrong since Trump has been in office and it's driving him nuts. I can only lead a horse to water and can't make him drink, that has to come from within. The question arises, why even debate with these people? The answer is simple. You don't debate them to change their mind as that will never happen since they're fully indoctrinated, you do it for the benefit of impartial or undecided parties who aren't sure what stance to take and need to look at easily digestible information. In that case they've failed to make their case and only suffered losses for the past 3 years. Everything has been one scam after another to take out someone who wasn't in the big club which leads me to the big 3 rules of these swamp politicians:

As for the article, it was awesome but the author never put 2 and 2 together. She says at the end that she voted for Buttigieg as he seemed like the most moderate choice. Clearly everything she saw at the rally hasn't sunk in yet because she never came the logical conclusion that all of the Democrat candidates suck and there are no moderates!

Stellar post.  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

She's at least moving in the right direction.  Who knows what more she will learn and decide?  Rome was not built in a day....look at this parlor of filth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StraightJ said:

She's at least moving in the right direction.  Who knows what more she will learn and decide?  Rome was not built in a day....look at this parlor of filth.

The house of Hip was built in 3 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

The house of Hip was built in 3 minutes.

Nah, he just wired the cable in 3 minutes.

He had to get back on here to post about Trump. 

2 minutes ago, StraightJ said:

No Way Reaction GIF by Originals

Seek help. soflabillsfan

8 minutes ago, StraightJ said:

He shot the load within 3 minutes then had to deal with a psycho and their spawn for 18 long years.

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

19 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

He shot the load within 3 minutes then had to deal with a psycho and their spawn for 18 long years.

Hip's been decent today, and I don't feel right laughing at that.  Fraud, on the other hand, I am not sure has ever had a decent day on here.  Why not aim some of that at someone more deserving?  

EDIT: I think I seem to remember you saying you had him blocked but not Hip...so I am guessing that will be the cop out. Lower shields and engage!  lol

46 minutes ago, StraightJ said:

Hip's been decent today, and I don't feel right laughing at that.  Fraud, on the other hand, I am not sure has ever had a decent day on here.  Why not aim some of that at someone more deserving?  

EDIT: I think I seem to remember you saying you had him blocked but not Hip...so I am guessing that will be the cop out. Lower shields and engage!  lol

It wasn't 3 minutes, but he's not completely wrong, I knocked the wrong woman up and now it's been 15 years I've had to pay for it. The plus is that my kids are awesome!

Seek help. soflabillsfan

3 minutes ago, HipKat said:

It wasn't 3 minutes, but he's not completely wrong, I knocked the wrong woman up and now it's been 15 years I've had to pay for it. The plus is that my kids are awesome!

Man, you took an uppercut like a champ!  Sack may be stagged once he sees your resiliency!  I guess I can say II laughed in real life being you dont care now.  :)  I did remember your story too, which is why I didnt feel right after laughing at first.

Just now, StraightJ said:

Man, you took an uppercut like a champ!  Sack may be stagged once he sees your resiliency!  I guess I can say II laughed in real life being you dont care now.  :)  I did remember your story too, which is why I didnt feel right after laughing at first.

It is what it is. Can't hide from it, since I live it every day. BTW, did you ever react to my "Why I like Columbus" post?

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 minute ago, HipKat said:

It is what it is. Can't hide from it, since I live it every day. BTW, did you ever react to my "Why I like Columbus" post?

Youre a good sport.....I thought it was a low blow, but I guess in real life there isnt always a ref to stop low blows.   ....not sure, man this thing was so flooded with garbage today...and I added to the flooding, albeit not with garbage or at least the type of MSM crap that gets put here.  I may be able to find the columbus post again...i remember it seaid it reminded you of Buffalo.  ....to be clear, were you asking about a reacting like one of these thanks, or as in a reply?

5 minutes ago, StraightJ said:

Youre a good sport.....I thought it was a low blow, but I guess in real life there isnt always a ref to stop low blows.   ....not sure, man this thing was so flooded with garbage today...and I added to the flooding, albeit not with garbage or at least the type of MSM crap that gets put here.  I may be able to find the columbus post again...i remember it seaid it reminded you of Buffalo.  ....to be clear, were you asking about a reacting like one of these thanks, or as in a reply?

Either

Seek help. soflabillsfan

1 hour ago, StraightJ said:

Yes, when the new site came on the ignore list reset. The only person I re-added to it was Frawk just because he's fuckin' retarded. At least the other guys I can spar with.

Parler @NYexile

2 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Yes, when the new site came on the ignore list reset. The only person I re-added to it was Frawk just because he's fuckin' retarded. At least the other guys I can spar with.

I get what youre saying.  I offer an option of a limited trail to see if you can tolerate him for a bit.  No long term commitment.  It sucks being usually the only willing/capable person to stand up to his subversion/disinformation campaigns.  

Just now, StraightJ said:

I get what youre saying.  I offer an option of a limited trail to see if you can tolerate him for a bit.  No long term commitment.  It sucks being usually the only willing/capable person to stand up to his subversion/disinformation campaigns.  

Nah, he's so far gone that not even Luke Skywalker in his prime can see the good in him.

Parler @NYexile

4 minutes ago, SackMan518 said:

Nah, he's so far gone that not even Luke Skywalker in his prime can see the good in him.

No need to see good in him, maybe soften him up occasionally for the KO, I can do likewise.  Sometimes he comes out of nowhere and it's almost kinda scary like that Tony Iommi gif with the weird mask hip posted in the shoutbox.  creepy stuff