Crazy Legs

If Bills go EDGE in the 1st rd, do you prefer A.J. Epenesa or Yetur Gross-Matos ?

EDGE seems like something Beane and McDermott will consider in the first round....between Jerry Hughes getting older, Shaq Lawson just being average and Trent Murphy possibly being a Cap Casualty, Edge is a "need".

The first possible, is:

EDGE K'Lavon Chaisson - LSU -  a dynamic threat off the edge — he possesses elite versatility, explosiveness and a prototypical build to play a hybrid EDGE.   Unfortunately most draftniks see him long gone by pick 22.  He is more of a pure EDGE guy, who stands up at times.

So the two other projected 1st round EDGE/DE guys are:

EDGE/DE A.J. Epenesa - IOWA, 6'6" 280lbs AJ Epenesa has been a dynamic defensive playmaker across his last two seasons at Iowa, racking up 30.5 tackles for loss, 22 sacks, eight forced fumbles and seven pass deflections. His blend of length, devastating power, technique and urgency gives him a chance to do the same in the NFL.  His variety as a power rusher offers upside that most players of his stature don't typically have and as a result he should be coveted in the 2020 NFL Draft.  More DE than Edge.

EDGE Yetur Gross-Matos - Penn State, 6'5" 264lbs - Yetur Gross-Matos features a loaded toolbox of traits and enters the league after compiling 94 tackles, 34.5 tackles for loss and 17 sacks across his last two seasons at Penn State.   Gross-Matos is best suited for duties as a 4-3 defensive end but could throw in some standup opportunities.   He's currently a plug and play run defender with a sky high ceiling as a pass rusher.

Who do you like?   Any feedback from Penn State or Iowa alum that watched either of these guys play all season?

Sign TE Greg Olsen, DE Mathew Judon, DT Vernon Butler, WR Devin Funchess      Late Rd pick RB Javon Leake, Maryland   

Epenesa hands down. I was just watching YGM tape today. He looks like an edge setting base end. No thanks. I'd rather keep shaq than draft another edge setter in round 1.

• Like 1

flat,550x550,075,f.u5.jpg

1 hour ago, f8ta1ity54 said:

Epenesa hands down. I was just watching YGM tape today. He looks like an edge setting base end. No thanks. I'd rather keep shaq than draft another edge setter in round 1.

I agree Epenesa is the higher rated prospect.   Epenesa could go 15th and YGM 25th.

If Epenesa is still on the board at 22, it would be tough to pass on him.

Sign TE Greg Olsen, DE Mathew Judon, DT Vernon Butler, WR Devin Funchess      Late Rd pick RB Javon Leake, Maryland   

I would prefer K'Lavon Chaisson to both player. Chaisson can play Alexander's stand up OLB when Buffalo is in base defense and then slide to edge rusher on obvious passing downs.

But if I'm forced to choose between those two it's Epenesa. Epenesa is a physical player who has strong hands and can hold the point of attact on running downs and then you can slide him to DT on obvious passing situations.

If Beane can re-sign Lawson, than Lawson and Epenesa give Buffalo 2 DE's that are great at defending the run to go along with DT's Harrison Phillips and Ed Oliver to make a dominating DL against the run.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

1 hour ago, junglesouljah said:

I would prefer K'Lavon Chaisson to both player. Chaisson can play Alexander's stand up OLB when Buffalo is in base defense and then slide to edge rusher on obvious passing downs.

But if I'm forced to choose between those two it's Epenesa. Epenesa is a physical player who has strong hands and can hold the point of attact on running downs and then you can slide him to DT on obvious passing situations.

If Beane can re-sign Lawson, than Lawson and Epenesa give Buffalo 2 DE's that are great at defending the run to go along with DT's Harrison Phillips and Ed Oliver to make a dominating DL against the run.

Good call, some places have Chaisson and Epenesa ranked more closely(for instance, CBS has Epenesa ranked higher than Chaisson) than Epenesa and Gross-Matos.  The OP mentions Chaisson may be long gone by 22, but I think there is a decent chance Epenesa joins him.  

Another question that might interest some:  I've seen talk of trading up for whatever positions(WR?), so do you think Beane would for a DE?  

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

5 hours ago, StraightJ said:

Good call, some places have Chaisson and Epenesa ranked more closely(for instance, CBS has Epenesa ranked higher than Chaisson) than Epenesa and Gross-Matos.  The OP mentions Chaisson may be long gone by 22, but I think there is a decent chance Epenesa joins him.  

Another question that might interest some:  I've seen talk of trading up for whatever positions(WR?), so do you think Beane would for a DE?  

None of the DE's other than Chase Young is worth trading up for and he should go 2nd overall.

Chaisson isn't a pure DE's, he is a hybrid OLB/DE and will most likely be targeted by Atlanta because Vic Beasley didn't work out for them, and Chaisson projects to be a better version of him. I will be shocked if Chaisson or Epenesa get past Atlanta because they have an edge rusher need.

I'm not a fan of Yetur Gross Matos, and and would be very upset if he was picked in the 1st round by Buffalo.

With the lack of top end edge rushing talent in the draft I could see Beane filling the hole at DE by re-signing Shaq Lawson and trading for a talented young player or cutting Trent Murphy and Tyler Kroft and using that cap money savings to go after a Yannick Ngakoue.

There is more talent at OT than DE in this draft IMO, and if the right player fell to Buffalo I could see them drafting an OT in the 1st round if there is a run on WR's and there isn't good value when they pick at 22.

There will be interesting debates in the Bills War Room if OT's Josh Jones,  Mekhi Becton and WR's Laviska Shenault and Tee Higgins are available at 22.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

5 minutes ago, junglesouljah said:

None of the DE's other than Chase Young is worth trading up for and he should go 2nd overall.

Chaisson isn't a pure DE's, he is a hybrid OLB/DE and will most likely be targeted by Atlanta because Vic Beasley didn't work out for them, and Chaisson projects to be a better version of him. I will be shocked if Chaisson or Epenesa get past Atlanta because they have an edge rusher need.

I'm not a fan of Yetur Gross Matos, and and would be very upset if he was picked in the 1st round by Buffalo.

With the lack of top end edge rushing talent in the draft I could see Beane filling the hole at DE by re-signing Shaq Lawson and trading for a talented young player or cutting Trent Murphy and Tyler Kroft and using that cap money savings to go after a Yannick Ngakoue.

There is more talent at OT than DE in this draft IMO, and if the right player fell to Buffalo I could see them drafting an OT in the 1st round if there is a run on WR's and there isn't good value when they pick at 22.

There will be interesting debates in the Bills War Room if OT's Josh Jones,  Mekhi Becton and WR's Laviska Shenault and Tee Higgins are available at 22.

I'm guessing many folks would want to be a fly on the wall for that!  (or of offense and defense were mixed in the BPA discussion).  I'd love another video like they released last season.  I found it quite entertaining and informative. 

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy