Sign in to follow this  
seandelevan

What the Bills Will Do At WR

I keep laughing at folks who think the Bills are gonna use a first, or even a second round pick on a WR. I’m not saying the Bills will NOT pick a WR, but I’m fully expecting a WR picked around rounds 3-4. Maybe both rounds. 

deep class. Plenty of talent will still be there round 3. They don’t want a high octane offense. A blue chip WR would be miserable and disgruntled here. They want to stay their course. The process. They want to replicate the Titans. I can see them drafting a RB before WR. 

They’ll draft DE and LB in rounds 1-2. Look at McDermotts history. It would be so out of character for him to draft a WR that high. It would be like your frugal, penny pinching neighbor rolling down the street with a brand new Porsche. 

and this is why the Bills will never get to that next level. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

miserable that 70s show GIF

16 minutes ago, seandelevan said:

I keep laughing at folks who think the Bills are gonna use a first, or even a second round pick on a WR. I’m not saying the Bills will NOT pick a WR, but I’m fully expecting a WR picked around rounds 3-4. Maybe both rounds. 

deep class. Plenty of talent will still be there round 3. They don’t want a high octane offense. A blue chip WR would be miserable and disgruntled here. They want to stay their course. The process. They want to replicate the Titans. I can see them drafting a RB before WR. 

They’ll draft DE and LB in rounds 1-2. Look at McDermotts history. It would be so out of character for him to draft a WR that high. It would be like your frugal, penny pinching neighbor rolling down the street with a brand new Porsche. 

While I disagree with you that the Bills will not draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd rounds if they do not find someone of quality via free agency or even trade, reading this actually made me smile after having to deal with trolls posting disinformation about political matters.  At least what you're saying has a chance of being true, as dismal as it may be.

• Thanks 1

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

2 hours ago, seandelevan said:

I do not believe the Bills will draft a WR in the 1st round.

Why?   Beane/McDermott have a different mindset than the fans.

In the 1st round, IMO, McBeane is going to draft BEST VALUE for the pick.   That might mean an EDGE player.   Sometimes that means CB (see Tre' White).   Personally I would consider OT Mehki Beckton, Louisville - if he is still on the board.    You want to use your 1st round pick on a player that will help the team for the next 5+ years, not just to fill a 2020 need.

And, with a deep, deep class of WRs, I expect them to draft WR(s) in the 2nd to 4th round.   Boy, it would be great to get luckly by drafting a Michael Thomas level of WR in the 2nd round.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

There is plenty of talent at WR in this draft with alot of Junior's declaring for the draft.

Buffalo will be able to get a talented WR in the 1st or 2nd round.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Some years I think it would be better if the draft was in March, and Free Agency in April.

Draft the WR you wanted in March? Then no need to sign one in April's Free Agency.

Miss on drafting an Edge guy in the draft?   Go nuts in Free Agency chasing Edge guys.

Right now you have to go into Free Agency trying to sign an upgrade at the Wide Receiver position.  If you sign one, despite being a deep draft for WRs, you might pass.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

Some years I think it would be better if the draft was in March, and Free Agency in April.

Draft the WR you wanted in March? Then no need to sign one in April's Free Agency.

Miss on drafting an Edge guy in the draft?   Go nuts in Free Agency chasing Edge guys.

Right now you have to go into Free Agency trying to sign an upgrade at the Wide Receiver position.  If you sign one, despite being a deep draft for WRs, you might pass.

I actually like that idea.  However, for some reason I think the players' union would not.  

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

3 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

I expect Beane to look at WR's in free agency if he gets a good value on a player, but I don't see him over paying to get AJ Green or Amari Cooper.

Maybe a player becomes available via trade and I expect Beane to do his due diligence like he did with the Antonio Brown trade offer.

If  Greg Olsen doesn't sign with Buffalo I would look at Trading for OJ Howard from Tampa Bay. Howard hasn't played to his potential and is under valued. Paring Howard with Knox would give Buffalo 2 athletic TE's and make the offense difficult to defend.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

9 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

I expect Beane to look at WR's in free agency if he gets a good value on a player, but I don't see him over paying to get AJ Green or Amari Cooper.

Maybe a player becomes available via trade and I expect Beane to do his due diligence like he did with the Antonio Brown trade offer.

If  Greg Olsen doesn't sign with Buffalo I would look at Trading for OJ Howard from Tampa Bay. Howard hasn't played to his potential and is under valued. Paring Howard with Knox would give Buffalo 2 athletic TE's and make the offense difficult to defend.

Cooper has already made it clear as crystal he would never ever come to Buffalo. Even if they gave him a blank check. Ouch.

Howard would be nice. 

miserable that 70s show GIF

1 hour ago, seandelevan said:

Cooper has already made it clear as crystal he would never ever come to Buffalo. Even if they gave him a blank check. Ouch.

Howard would be nice. 

Cooper would be a waste of money for what he is going to get.  The draft class is too deep to pay him upwards of 16M/year.  Not saying you can find his production immediately, but you gotta think you can get close and for WAY less $$.  

14 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

I'm pretty sure this happened around the time of the last CBA negotiations.  The timing was thrown off for a year.  It's something that the Players Union would never agree to b/c it would cost the current players jobs.  Many fringe free agents get signed ahead of the draft in case a team can't fill that need.  If teams are left to go through the draft first then lots of veteran players will be left in the limbo b/c a team was able to draft a guy in the 5th or 6th round.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

I have thought long and hard about AJ Green.   He has been a great player, in the past.   

However, right now the Bengals don't even know if he is healthy.   It the Bengals don't know, that scares me.  Plus, apparently AJ wants a big contract, with multi years.   So I agree, best to pass.  Amari Cooper.  Awesome player, but he is going to be stupid expensive.

Tight End.   Yes, we need to upgrade TE2.    Greg Olsen would be a great fit, allowing us to drop Tyler Kroft.   If that doesn't work, go after OJ Howard, or maybe Austin Hooper.

7 hours ago, Buffalo13 said:

I'm pretty sure this happened around the time of the last CBA negotiations.  The timing was thrown off for a year.  It's something that the Players Union would never agree to b/c it would cost the current players jobs.  Many fringe free agents get signed ahead of the draft in case a team can't fill that need.  If teams are left to go through the draft first then lots of veteran players will be left in the limbo b/c a team was able to draft a guy in the 5th or 6th round.  

I agree the Players Union would not want to allow it.    

The out the teams have is to be careful with the contracts they give fringe free agents.    If you sign Joe Blow backup Running Back in March, and don't pay a signing bonus, you can cut that player before the end of August and owe him nothing.  Zip.     His checks would not start until the first week in September.  If you didn't guarantee any money in the contract, the team owes nothing.

On the flip side, that is why agent's ask for signing bonuses.    And guarantees.