Sign in to follow this  
zanthrax54

ESPN: DT Star Lotulelei restructures contract with Bills

Baltimore Ravens v Buffalo BillsPhoto by Bryan M. Bennett/Getty Images

Star will be back for sure now.

The Buffalo Bills and starting defensive tackle Star Lotulelei have agreed on a restructured contract which will assuredly keep him on the roster during the 2020 season. The news was first reported by ESPN reporter Field Yates.

According to Yates, Lotulelei’s salary drops in 2020 but becomes fully guaranteed. So even if the Bills release him, they still owe him the money. That’s why he’s either going to be traded or stay on the roster, with the latter option being the most likely by far.

More to come... Check back soon.

View the full article

The Buffalo Bills....

:rolleyes2

REBUILDING SINCE 2000!

To Fitzpatrick, Levitre, Kelsay, Mcgee, Barnett, Wilson, Jones, Nelson, Rinehart, McIntyre, Merriman, Shepperd, Scott, White, Wanny, and Mr. Chan Gailey...

It was real, it was fun, it just wasn't REAL FUN!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NEWVILLE MUD DAWGS FEVER BABY! We might not be very good right now, but we have infinite heart! Alot like the Bills! ;) HALLA!

http://www.muddawgsfootball.com

Defensive tackle Star Lotulelei and the Bills have agreed to restructure his contract ahead of the third year of the five-year deal he signed in 2018. Field Yates of ESPN reports that Lotulelei’s base salary for the 2020 season will drop from $6.25 million to $4.5 million. The original salary was not guaranteed, but Lotulelei’s [more]

View the full article

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41091356-4

As Field Yates first reported, Bills DT Star Lotulelei has agreed to a restructured contract. He originally would have counted as $10.1M against the cap in 2020, including a $6.25M base salary & $1.25M in roster/workout bonuses. Loutulelei's new deal fully guarantees him $4.5M in 2020 with $1M in bonuses. -- in 2021, his salary will be $6.15M with a $2.5M injury guarantee in 2021 ($600K in bonuses) -- In 2022, his salary will be $4.6M with $1.75M in bonuses (no guarantees)

Beane seemingly has lowered his 2020 cap hit by roughly what we would have saved by cutting him

Nice. That will go along way. Hopefully enables them to cut him sooner.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Best solution.  Maybe not perfect, but the CBA forces you to make compromises.

Good job BBeane!

• Like 1

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Awesome, dude has to know he ain't worth that dough. At least he did the right thing.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Star Lotulelei will never live up to his contract if you want him to produce sacks and QB pressures.

Star Lotulelei does provide veteran leadership and make the players around him better. 

He has his ups and down games just like any other player, but leadership is valued by Beane and McDermott and that is why he was signed.

I expect Horrible Harry Phillips to be the starting 1 technique DT and Star Lotulelei to be the back up, with Harry playing 55 % of the time and Star playing the rest.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

On 2/11/2020 at 5:11 PM, seandelevan said:

Good.

now they have room to draft another DT early in the draft. 

While I could see DE if BPA, I think you might be safe from DT in the first.  That was last season, Beane probably wants to mix it up for you.  

Speaking of which Sean, if Beane drafts defense in the first, are there any positions you'd hate more than others?  Say a CB more than a DE?  If so, would you mind giving us a ranking of the ones you'd dislike most at the top?  And maybe an overall ranking of positions you want the most?  I have my guesses but would rather not be potentially operating under false assumptions anymore if it's the case.  Beyond WR, I'm not even sure where you'd rank things like the bellcow you covet. ;)

This isn't the interrogation Daryl gives you, just friendly offseason banter.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

6 hours ago, StraightJ said:

While I could see DE if BPA, I think you might be safe from DT in the first.  That was last season, Beane probably wants to mix it up for you.  

Speaking of which Sean, if Beane drafts defense in the first, are there any positions you'd hate more than others?  Say a CB more than a DE?  If so, would you mind giving us a ranking of the ones you'd dislike most at the top?  And maybe an overall ranking of positions you want the most?  I have my guesses but would rather not be potentially operating under false assumptions anymore if it's the case.  Beyond WR, I'm not even sure where you'd rank things like the bellcow you covet. ;)

This isn't the interrogation Daryl gives you, just friendly offseason banter.

bottom 4

1. DB

2. LB

3. NT

4. DE

Top 5

1. WR

2(tie) RB/TE/OL 

3. QB 

• Thanks 1

miserable that 70s show GIF

17 hours ago, seandelevan said:

bottom 4

1. DB

2. LB

3. NT

4. DE

Top 5

1. WR

2(tie) RB/TE/OL 

3. QB 

Thanks for replying, I didn't want to be busting your balls for the wrong reasons.  You're main Range antagonist, Daryl, doesn't always answer when I ask things about his topics of interest, so I don't take this list for granted.

I not only find that very sensible, but now see we actually are quite similar on what we want(although... if BPA was a CB they thought would be even better than White, I'd be fine with it and we'd likely see the offense back on the field more often/quickly, and in better field position....seriously, give that a thought beforehand just in case it does happen).  I'm also kind of surprised and glad to see you have the OL valued up there with the shiny toys.  :beer:

For RB, do you still want a bell cow?  (I wanted an excuse to say bell cow, it amuses me for some reason) :)  

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

6 hours ago, StraightJ said:

For RB, do you still want a bell cow?  (I wanted an excuse to say bell cow, it amuses me for some reason) :)  

Of course. Not sure there is anyone like this in this draft though. I may be wrong. 

• Like 1

miserable that 70s show GIF

9 hours ago, StraightJ said:

Thanks for replying, I didn't want to be busting your balls for the wrong reasons.  You're main Range antagonist, Daryl, doesn't always answer when I ask things about his topics of interest, so I don't take this list for granted.

I not only find that very sensible, but now see we actually are quite similar on what we want(although... if BPA was a CB they thought would be even better than White, I'd be fine with it and we'd likely see the offense back on the field more often/quickly, and in better field position....seriously, give that a thought beforehand just in case it does happen).  I'm also kind of surprised and glad to see you have the OL valued up there with the shiny toys.  :beer:

The Bills still need to improve their OLine.    I know we added about 10 guys last off season plus the draft, but the job's not done.

If you want Josh to be successful, give him the best damn offensive line in the league.   THEN worry about RBs and WRs.

As far as bell cow :rockon: RB, you don't need a 1st round Running Back if your OLine is studsville.     However the Bills do need another quality RB to pair with Singletary.  Singletary missed games this past season.   He might again in 2020.   So you need a QUALITY back.  Either via the 3rd round in the draft or Free Agency.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Crazy Legs said:

The Bills still need to improve their OLine.    I know we added about 10 guys last off season plus the draft, but the job's not done.

If you want Josh to be successful, give him the best damn offensive line in the league.   THEN worry about RBs and WRs.

As far as bell cow :rockon: RB, you don't need a 1st round Running Back if your OLine is studsville.     However the Bills do need another quality RB to pair with Singletary.  Singletary missed games this past season.   He might again in 2020.   So you need a QUALITY back.  Either via the 3rd round in the draft or Free Agency.  

Indeed, you're preaching to the choir with a post like that!  I'm also rather impressed with Sean here, I think sometimes he gets a bad rap.   Good stuff on here more so lately.

There was an SNL skit known as "more cowbell", but I'm doing a parody based on Sean's many lamentions for "more bellcow"!  If GMDW could get a Karlos Williams in the 5th, I'm hoping the Bills can find another quality back like you said this season.  Even Thurman Thomas had a Kenneth Davis adding over 600 yards a season a couple of times.  

4 minutes ago, StraightJ said:

Indeed, you're preaching to the choir with a post like that!  I'm also rather impressed with Sean here, I think sometimes he gets a bad rap.   Good stuff on here more so lately.

There was an SNL skit known as "more cowbell", but I'm doing a parody based on Sean's many lamentions for "more bellcow"!  If GMDW could get a Karlos Williams in the 5th, I'm hoping the Bills can find another quality back like you said this season.  Even Thurman Thomas had a Kenneth Davis adding over 600 yards a season a couple of times.  

Ahhh Kenneth Davis.  Liked him.    

I do believe we add a decent Running Back.   I also think it will be a back similar to Singletary, as opposed to a big bruising back.  BTW the Bills chatted up Eno Benjamin at the Senior Bowl.  He might be a 3rd/4th round guy.  Decent college production.

PS I don't know why, but the coaches don't seem to have much faith in TJ Yeldon.  Maybe they fear his fumbling, or he just can't process the playbook to their satisfaction. 

1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

Ahhh Kenneth Davis.  Liked him.    

I do believe we add a decent Running Back.   I also think it will be a back similar to Singletary, as opposed to a big bruising back.  BTW the Bills chatted up Eno Benjamin at the Senior Bowl.  He might be a 3rd/4th round guy.  Decent college production.

PS I don't know why, but the coaches don't seem to have much faith in TJ Yeldon.  Maybe they fear his fumbling, or he just can't process the playbook to their satisfaction. 

The current Buffalo values  special teams and veteran leadership. Perry was active on game day as RB 3 over Yeldon because of his ability to play special teams. Gore got playing time over Yeldon because of his veteran leadership even tough Yeldon at this point in their respective careers is a better player.

Yeldon is a very good receiving RB out of the back field or when he is split out wide and has size at 6'1" 220 lbs at RB.

I want Beane to bring in more talent at RB through free agency that have more size and speed than Singletary like Matt Breida( 5'11" 195 lbs and a 4.38 40 time) and through the draft like Patrick Taylor (6'3" 220 lbs and should run in the 4.5 ish range at the combine)

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

5 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

The current Buffalo values  special teams and veteran leadership. Perry was active on game day as RB 3 over Yeldon because of his ability to play special teams. Gore got playing time over Yeldon because of his veteran leadership even tough Yeldon at this point in their respective careers is a better player.

Yeldon is a very good receiving RB out of the back field or when he is split out wide and has size at 6'1" 220 lbs at RB.

I want Beane to bring in more talent at RB through free agency that have more size and speed than Singletary like Matt Breida( 5'11" 195 lbs and a 4.38 40 time) and through the draft like Patrick Taylor (6'3" 220 lbs and should run in the 4.5 ish range at the combine)

Breida can produce, but this past season of his last 23 carries of the year, he fumbled 3 times.    McDermott doesn't like RBs that fumble.

He turns only 25 this month, and has talent, so maybe McD will overlook the fumbling.   NOTE he is a Restricted FA, so if the 49ers tender him he won't be an option.