LiterateStylish

Rumblings that the Bills will be building a new stadium - days in Orchard Park are numbered?

25 minutes ago, LiterateStylish said:

IF this is true, it would make the Pegulas seem disingenuous to me.  I reckon it might with many others as well, but then again it isn't always easy for me to predict what things folks will actually care about these days.  

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

I don't believe the rumors.

I will put it into the record here.   While I would love the Bills to get a new stadium, especially in a big open area downtown, I do not see them starting construction on one in under a year from now (which they would need to do to take advantage of the 2023 window in their lease).

The biggest reason the Bills won't start building a new stadium is  $$$.

The 2nd is politicians.

The Pegulas would need/want a lot of money from someone, i.e. the State of NY, Erie County, City of Buffalo, to assist in paying for a new stadium.

The politicians will fight about it, drag it out and the Pegulas will settle for taking some money for paint and  new curtains at The Ralph from Cuomo.  Sigh.

Sign TE Greg Olsen, DE Mathew Judon, DT Vernon Butler, WR Devin Funchess      Late Rd pick RB Javon Leake, Maryland   

Also, the headline bugs me a bit.   I get that some prefer the Bills to leave Orchard Park, while others would dislike it, hence the headline being more effective at it's job, instead of increasing its probability by just asking if a new stadium will built.

However, haven't we previously had a number of things posted on here that a new stadium might not be far from the old one?  Was that wellness faciility or whatever it's called not that expensive and easy to deal with the loss of so shortly after it was built?  Was buying the land around the stadium just hedging bets/a distraction to make folks more comfortable?  I seem to remember there being more reasons, nut those were the first things that I recalled. 

I don't plan to get too emotionally involved, as it isn't my call to make, but I get that such a move would effect more folks than immediately come to mind.  

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

i wont be attending any more games, unless its a luxury box i would need for my condition, but if they build it downtown every sunday is going to be a disaster

first, they are going to strictly limit tailgating from its current form. cars will be packed in as tight as possible in every spot and they the lack of space will severely limit the party atmosphere. it remains to be seen how much the cops allow open drinking so it could be everybody in their cars with all booze in paper bags

i seriously dont like the idea of a downtown stadium. people are going to get tired of the gridlock, the stripped down tailgating, and the doubled costs for parking - plus all the other price increases that go along with a new stadium.

they should pick some other site in the suburbs with lots of road access. theres tons of space in sanborn/niagara falls, though the road coverage isnt great but maybe they could widen a bunch of the road wherever they put it

• Thanks 2

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

16 minutes ago, Meathead said:

i wont be attending any more games, unless its a luxury box i would need for my condition, but if they build it downtown every sunday is going to be a disaster

first, they are going to strictly limit tailgating from its current form. cars will be packed in as tight as possible in every spot and they the lack of space will severely limit the party atmosphere. it remains to be seen how much the cops allow open drinking so it could be everybody in their cars with all booze in paper bags

i seriously dont like the idea of a downtown stadium. people are going to get tired of the gridlock, the stripped down tailgating, and the doubled costs for parking - plus all the other price increases that go along with a new stadium.

they should pick some other site in the suburbs with lots of road access. theres tons of space in sanborn/niagara falls, though the road coverage isnt great but maybe they could widen a bunch of the road wherever they put it

Honestly, Pegula has proven that he simply doesn’t care.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

idk about that but hes in a tough position. he cant build another stadium in OP because thats a little too far to travel from bflo for corporate events and they dont have any infrastructure for that down there (hotels, other stuff to do, etc)

if he builds downtown it has all the shortcomings i described before

and something in niagara falls or even worse medina out east towards fredonia and youre even further away from infrastructure

so i really think he cares, its just a really tough nut to crack properly

3 minutes ago, Meathead said:

idk about that but hes in a tough position. he cant build another stadium in OP because thats a little too far to travel from bflo for corporate events and they dont have any infrastructure for that down there (hotels, other stuff to do, etc)

and something in niagara falls or even worse medina out east towards fredonia and youre even further away from infrastructure

Keep in mind that Pegula Sports & Entertainment literally berated a WGR manager a couple weeks ago because a fan voiced displeasure about the Sabres on the radio.

Tough for me to believe anyone who does that actually cares about fans.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

i didnt see anything about it, though i heard about it so i cant comment

31 minutes ago, Meathead said:

i didnt see anything about it, though i heard about it so i cant comment

Yeah it was one of the few times I’ve ever seen all of Buffalo media (homer reporters and negative nancy reporters alike) come together to condemn something.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

5 hours ago, Meathead said:

I really think it is a Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot a stadium would get built downtown.

Assembling all the land, and permits, and approvals will kill the deal.   That is typical Buffalo politics.

Sign TE Greg Olsen, DE Mathew Judon, DT Vernon Butler, WR Devin Funchess      Late Rd pick RB Javon Leake, Maryland   

2 hours ago, Crazy Legs said:

I really think it is a Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong shot a stadium would get built downtown.

Assembling all the land, and permits, and approvals will kill the deal.   That is typical Buffalo politics.

Unless Unca Terry is gonna take a $Billlon and and half Benjamin's out of his pocket it won't happen.

9 minutes ago, the climber said:

Unless Unca Terry is gonna take a $Billlon and and half Benjamin's out of his pocket it won't happen.

I don't think Terry and Kim are going to do that.

I can't blame them.

They don't have a tree out back with an unlimited amount of cash to harvest.  Need a quick $10 million?, sure they can do that.   But a lot of their cash is "in" the Bills. 

On 2/11/2020 at 3:24 PM, Crazy Legs said:

My question is would many fans actually want a new stadium, and if so  would they want it in a downtown, sterile modernized/TSA like environment with tailgaiting eradicated beyond what they could fathom at the moment?

On 2/11/2020 at 9:54 AM, Meathead said:

Good post Meat.  I miss your Bills' posts on here.

On 2/11/2020 at 12:21 PM, Meathead said:

Medina is east/northeast, BUT FREDONIA is SOUTH/SOUTHWEST... and around an hour further away!

9 minutes ago, Coach'sUncle'sSon said:

Medina is east/northeast, BUT FREDONIA is SOUTH/SOUTHWEST... and around an hour further away!

If true, that's a very good point!   Your post gave me memories of this song.  :)

Probably just a COINCIDENCE but a new Buffalo-Niagara Falls convention center was being proposed in the news last week... I think they were considering a new one further south in the city, (not miles, just blocks) I think closer to one of the big buildings... or was it closer to the Hyatt? I hoped for a combo enclosed facility so it can be open year-round...

5 minutes ago, StraightJ said:

If true, that's a very good point!

Yeah, and who'd want to play in a place known as Funky Cold [Medina]?? (Although the town rhymes more closely with VAGINA than Deena.)

Edited by Coach'sUncle'sSon
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2020 at 10:41 PM, Crazy Legs said:

I don't believe the rumors.

I will put it into the record here.   While I would love the Bills to get a new stadium, especially in a big open area downtown, I do not see them starting construction on one in under a year from now (which they would need to do to take advantage of the 2023 window in their lease).

The biggest reason the Bills won't start building a new stadium is  $$$.

The 2nd is politicians.

The Pegulas would need/want a lot of money from someone, i.e. the State of NY, Erie County, City of Buffalo, to assist in paying for a new stadium.

The politicians will fight about it, drag it out and the Pegulas will settle for taking some money for paint and  new curtains at The Ralph from Cuomo.  Sigh.

The Powers that be could be floating a rumor to see how fans will react,  also unless The Powers that be are willing to pay for a new stadium a retro fit is the way to go.

23 minutes ago, the climber said:

The Powers that be could be floating a rumor to see how fans will react,  also unless The Powers that be are willing to pay for a new stadium a retro fit is the way to go.

Honestly it really doesn't matter what the fans want.

It is about the $$$.

Stadiums can cost a $1 billion dollars.  Or more.

The Pegulas aren't spending all their cash to build a brand new stadium.  And NY State and Erie County aren't going to float bonds to put up 70-80% of the billion.

The Pegulas floated the idea to see what responses they got from the politicians.  

On 2/11/2020 at 5:24 PM, Crazy Legs said:

the land is already assembled by two separate parties for two separate sites.  land aint the issue.

lol

ECQKgbmW4AAkI5n.jpg:large

Just now, 212frawk said:

the land is already assembled by two separate parties for two separate sites.  land aint the issue.

MONEY IS

1 hour ago, Crazy Legs said:

MONEY IS

I don’t think so.  The state just gave 750 million the Elon musk for a few measley jobs. Cuomo will open a vein in the budget if he has to.

Buffalo billions bitchz. 

lol

ECQKgbmW4AAkI5n.jpg:large

9 minutes ago, 212frawk said:

I don’t think so.  The state just gave 750 million the Elon musk for a few measley jobs. Cuomo will open a vein in the budget if he has to.

Buffalo billions bitchz. 

Honestly, I would have to disagree.   Cuomo is definitely a Western New York support.  And he is a Bills supporter.  Everyone wants a new stadium, if it has plenty of table busting tailgating.   

But $1 billion is a little more than petty cash.....for a sports stadium.....it would be a tough sell.    

Everyone wants the other guy to put up the money.   Me thinks the Bills will not get a new stadium because of the money.