Sign in to follow this  
SackMan518

Former Buffalo Bills dominate XFL opening day scoring

Former Buffalo Bills dominate XFL opening day scoring

The XFL kicked off their reboot and 2020 season on Saturday with two fairly entertaining games. The league features some innovative rules, access to players in-game and a great look at replay review. Another thing that the XFL features is a lot of former Buffalo Bills players. On Saturday, quite a few of them found the end zone.

In the first game of the season, the DC Defenders defeated the Seattle Dragons 31-19. The Defenders seem to feature more former Bills than any other team in the league. Both Cardale Jones and Tyree Jackson saw snaps at quarterback for DC.

Jones, 27, was drafted by Buffalo in the fourth round of the 2016 NFL Draft while Jackson, 22, was signed by Buffalo following the 2019 NFL Draft. Jones, the Defenders’ starting quarterback, made an impressive debut completing 16-of-26 passes for 291 yards and two touchdowns. Both of his tosses went to former Bills players.

Tight end Khari Lee scored the Defenders’ first offensive touchdown of the season on a trick play.

The veteran tight end appeared in 10 games with Buffalo from 2017 to 2018. In that time, he caught one pass for five yards.

Later in the game, Jones connected with Rashad Ross for a 33-yard score. Ross was on Buffalo’s offseason roster in 2017.

Bradley Sylve, an undrafted free agent signing of the Bills in 2017, had the Defenders’ last score of the game on a 69-yard pick-six.

The Seattle Dragons scored three touchdowns in the loss. Two of the scores went to wide receiver Austin Proehl, a 2018 seventh round draft pick of the Bills. Proehl scored the XFL’s first touchdown on a 14-yard reception and later took a short pass 57 yards for a score.

The second game of the day featured the Houston Roughnecks and Los Angeles Wildcats. At halftime, the Roughnecks hold an 18-17 lead. Former Bills wide receiver Cam Phillips opened up the scoring for Houston with a 50-yard score.

The former Virginia Tech WR hauls in a 50-yard touchdown to give the Houston Roughnecks their first score.#XFL | #LAvsHOU  

It may not be the NFL, but the XFL is delivering early thanks to some innovative rules and entertaining games.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

Some guys just aren't quite good enough for the NFL.  This league will send a few to the NFL, but I don't expect too many.  I enjoy the CFL and it's been around as long as the NFL.  Could be wrong, but I don't see longevity for this spring league.

3 minutes ago, Thebowflexbody said:

Could be wrong, but I don't see longevity for this spring league.

oh my god omg GIF

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

I watched some of the game.   I didn't think Cardale was very good, I don't care what the stats say.

He was passable (pun intended).

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

When he went into that Jet game at the end of the season....to replace a benched EJ Manuel...I was pumped....my god he made Manuel look like Pat Mahomes in comparison. He was god awful. That was his first and last shot in the nfl. 

miserable that 70s show GIF

3 hours ago, seandelevan said:

When he went into that Jet game at the end of the season....to replace a benched EJ Manuel...I was pumped....my god he made Manuel look like Pat Mahomes in comparison. He was god awful. That was his first and last shot in the nfl. 

In other news, Cardale may be the messiah if he made Sean like EJ more.  Or at least it might be worth looking into if it meets the Roman Catholic Church's definition of a minor miracle(I don't recall what their requirements are when they hold an invesitigation).

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Now who was the dickbag that bet me Cardale was going to get Tyrod cut from the Chargers??  Oh well.