Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

The Bills D-line coaching situation is weird

I wonder what really happened here.

McDermott announced that he expected no coaching changes to happen this offseason.

Less than a week later, our D-Line coach quits and makes a LATERAL move to a college gig. No upgrade.

At the time, some thought that maybe McD said “leave or you’re fired” because they had another guy ready to take his position.

But almost a month later, still no hires. So obviously no-one was waiting for the position.

Finally, they hire little known Jacques Cesaire from east bum crap (just kidding, university of San Diego), who has been a coach for a total of 5 years in his entire life. Prior to that he was an undrafted player for the chargers.

Just a super strange sequence of events. I wonder what was the true catalyst.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

The Bills hired Eric Washington as D-line Coach last month.

The new hire today is for Assistant D-line Coach.

Eric Washington has had Defensive Coordinator experience, as well as experience as a D-line coach. Looks like an upgrade as far as coaching experience goes.

1 hour ago, bcw said:

The Bills hired Eric Washington as D-line Coach last month.

The new hire today is for Assistant D-line Coach.

Ahhh, ok!

Thanks, that makes way more sense. 

• Thanks 1

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

1 hour ago, bcw said:

Eric Washington has had Defensive Coordinator experience, as well as experience as a D-line coach. Looks like an upgrade as far as coaching experience goes.

Eric Washington may have failed as a DC, but he is a well respected DL coach.

Having DC experience is a plus because it always him to know how all the pieces fit together when game planning as a DC.

• Thanks 1

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I hate it when Patriots fans come to Bills message boards & bash my team when they don't have the facts.

When I read the OP I thought the poster was living in an alternate universe where the Bills didn't immediately fill the D-line coaching position with an established NFL veteran assistant.  

16 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I hate it when Patriots fans come to Bills message boards & bash my team when they don't have the facts.

When I read the OP I thought the poster was living in an alternate universe where the Bills didn't immediately fill the D-line coaching position with an established NFL veteran assistant.  

Wait, what?

Where did I bash anything or anything?

Are you going senile?

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

4 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

I wonder what really happened here.

McDermott announced that he expected no coaching changes to happen this offseason.

Less than a week later, our D-Line coach quits and makes a LATERAL move to a college gig. No upgrade.

At the time, some thought that maybe McD said “leave or you’re fired” because they had another guy ready to take his position.

But almost a month later, still no hires. So obviously no-one was waiting for the position.

Finally, they hire little known Jacques Cesaire from east bum crap (just kidding, university of San Diego), who has been a coach for a total of 5 years in his entire life. Prior to that he was an undrafted player for the chargers.

The DL coach who left to Virginia Tech had a friendship/history with the head coach of Va Tech there.  Probably wanted to coach with his buddy.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, junglesouljah said:

Eric Washington may have failed as a DC, but he is a well respected DL coach.

Having DC experience is a plus because it always him to know how all the pieces fit together when game planning as a DC.

There is a big difference between game planning and play calling as a DC and his responsibilities of teaching the finer points of the position and maximising potential as a D-line coach.

At some point he was trusted enough to be given a DC job. He must be a pretty decent coach even if his team underachieved last year.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Wait, what?

Where did I bash anything or anything?

Are you going senile?

If this isn't bashing the Bills, what is?  You are basically saying the Bills are hiring an inexperienced bum after having no plan to replace the coach who left, all a fantasy in your own mind.  At least you didn't try to deny you're a Pats fan.  :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If this isn't bashing the Bills, what is?  You are basically saying the Bills are hiring an inexperienced bum after having no plan to replace the coach who left, all a fantasy in your own mind.  At least you didn't try to deny you're a Pats fan.  :classic_biggrin:

Wow, this is the reach of the century.

Literally no-one else thought I was bashing the Bills. They just answered my question.

I literally said in the post that McD was blindsided because he thought the whole staff was coming back and then the D-line coach quit.

Goodness gracious this is a pathetic attempt on your part.

• Barf 1

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

22 hours ago, LiterateStylish said:

Wow, this is the reach of the century.

Literally no-one else thought I was bashing the Bills. They just answered my question.

I literally said in the post that McD was blindsided because he thought the whole staff was coming back and then the D-line coach quit.

Goodness gracious this is a pathetic attempt on your part.

You didn’t get the memo? You’re not suppose to question anything this team does. Everything this team does is correct and on point. If you don’t agree, or have a question.... you’re a hater.

• Thanks 1

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

On 2/8/2020 at 6:13 PM, seandelevan said:

You didn’t get the memo? You’re not suppose to question anything this team does. Everything this team does is correct and on point. If you don’t agree, or have a question.... you’re a hater.

I don't think it was a matter of questioning. It was a matter of lit getting called out and using the excuse of what he accuses other's of...no knowledge of what really happened before posting. I could be off on my observation though.

My Retired AAB is Kyle Williams...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

U.S.Navy, Retired 1986-2015